Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge

Westridge The mountainous region ruled by House Harrowmont, noted for treacherous roads, snowwine, ghost tales, fabled mines and ruined fortresses. Elonian raids are tearing at the peace of the land.
Full Description .
Mirrormount . Moonspire .

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 3.30.331, Ashmark - The beginning of a long, sad line - OPEN

Rothgar hadn't drunk nearly enough the night before to explain the sour stomach and blackened temper. No, that was the result of seeing his companions bloodied and bruised, the tents shattered and too many dead horses, men... and women. Why was it always worse seeing a dead girl? And poor Salindra. That was going to go over well with their host.

He fixed a tired smile on his face for the benefit of the people who turned out in the village to watch them arrive in the village, and the new outriders for the Harrowmonts that came to greet and assist- those he sent on back to the others. Short on horses, servants and uninjured hands of any birth they needed help. Attericus had sent men that reached them with the morning light but there was always a use for more help.

He passed through the gates of Castle Ashmark and greeted his former squire with a grin. "Your mountains are as mercurial as ever, Attericus."

"And your 'Reachmen as delicate." Attericus bowed low before he strode over to help Rothgar dismount. "You came through unscathed, your grace."

"I did. Many others aren't so lucky. Though thanks to your damnable mountain tents, your daughter's well. She's just behind a bit, with your boy and my son." In fact he was fairly sure Jason was close behind in the column but the boy did wander a bit. Especially with Kain's condition still questionable.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:05 AM   #2
(Lord) Markus Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Upon the arrival of the king, Markus made sure that he was out of doors not long after his cousin helped him dismount. In his mind, he wondered about Salindra...was she all right? Hurt? These questions were saved, for now.

"Your grace," he smiled, and bowed low as well before standing upright again. "I bid you and your company welcome to Ashmark."
Old 09-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
(Lord of Westridge) Attericus Harrowmont
the mountain lord

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Rothgar acknowledged Markus with a nod but Attericus caught a flicker of something in the king's face- bad news, always bad news when Rothgar wore that look. He had only a moment to steel himself before the king spoke.

"Lord Markus. Glad I am to see you and enjoy Ashmark's hospitality again but I will not bid you remain on my account, for you have business elsewhere. Your daughter is with the healers toward the back of the caravan. Not a grave wound, but bloodied all the same. A father's reassurance will do more than a healer's hands just now." He made a gesture acknowledge that Markus had his leave to go. "Is Alaric here?"

Attericus shot a worried glance at his cousin, but didn't speak up to argue with the king. "Of course. I may have to depart your presence after this, but my son and his men are eager to guide you through the 'Ridge til you reach Fairgrove."

"Good. Once I've spoken with you alone, our heirs can join us for a bit. Time the boys learned how to argue with each other." Rothgar smiled and Attericus matched it.

"I've never argued with your grace. Politely declined to assent on occasion."

Rothgar chuckled. "Yes. I forget mountain lords only call it an argument if someone's bleeding."
Old 09-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
(Lady) Kaelyn Harrowmont
demoted to extra

The young woman was exhausted. With fewer horses and more injured, the spaces for her to find a place to ride in the caravan were compromised. Eventually, she told her made to stop looking and Kaelyn walked along beside the wagons with the more gravely injured and most of the healers. Among them were her cousin and the lady she served. It was really the place that she was supposed to be. With one hand she held her horses rein. The dark bay had gotten loose during the storm and managed to get caught in a bramble patch. Edric had found and freed him, returning the poor animal to her.

The road was hard to travel. Muddy from the storm and turned up by the rest of the travelers ahead of her. Kaelyn's legs ached, her boots and the bottom of her dress caked and dripping with mud. She didn't feel very ladylike, with her hair a mess and sweat running down her body. She was in no condition to see her uncle, but her clothes had been soaked through and were no were near dry yet. So this was how she would be.

They finally reached Ashmark and the train came to a stop. The young lady nearly tripped on a loose stone in the street, but luckily her tight grip on her horses rein held her steady. She panted softly and leaned against the large animals neck, looking up at where Salindra and Melantha were laid. Markus would likely be here soon, so the girl took a moment to brush back her hair and wipe the sweat from her brow.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
(Lord) Markus Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Markus's face fell at the news, and then a moment of gratitude for the king dismissing him before he bowed again, muttered a thank you, and all but ran to where the king indicated Salindra was...at the back of the caravan.

"Ladies," he bowed, and frowned at the state they were all in. "Well, thank the gods you are all here." He tried to smile. "A good amount of rest will soon put you all to rights." His eyes fell to the Lady Melantha and then to Salindra. "Salindra?"

She looked to him, and tried to smile, but it hurt too bad. "Father?"

"You're home, Salindra," he assured her. "We'll get you all fixed in no time, eh?"

Last edited by Markus Harrowmont; 09-23-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #6
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

She was riding not far behind the king, with Jason and his household and those of her own who still could (and had horses to) ride. She'd spent part of the morning checking on her cousins, both Harrowmont and Solvitreo, but she knew the appearances needed to be kept up and impressions made so she'd been on her horse and toward the front since first outriders called that the town was in sight (Kaelyn was a better healer anyway).

Parissa was dressed in Harrowmont blue, with Jason's chain of rubies at her throat and a cloak of scarlet wool she was reserving just for important meetings rather than riding every day. A band of gold was around her head, and she had her hair in a braid, though that was already a bit messy but she forgot to be worried about that once they crossed through the gates and she caught sight of her father. She leaned up in her saddle to try to sight Alaric... she didn't see him, but her eyes caught on Zoe.

"ZOE!" She yelled out and dropped from her saddle before any of the grooms or knights could help (which was, usually, one of her favorite parts of arriving somewhere and seeing who was going to be terribly gallant about helping her since she was surely oh so tired and nearly fainting in the saddle, etc). Parissa neatly ducked past the official greeting, where her father and the king were exchanging jests, and rushed for her cousin.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #7
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason sighed and fought to suppress the grin as he leaned forward to dismount. Handing the reins to a servant, he followed after her, though not in the same hurry. He looked to his father, pausing a moment to bow his head, and then he greeted his good father with a polite nod.

"Greetings, Lord Harrowmont," he said. He would have offered the same greeting to Markus, but he seemed quite occupied with Salindra, not that he blamed him, and had hurried off just before Jason had approached.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:33 AM   #8
Zoe Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zoe stood quietly in the background watching the king curiously at his arrival. He was definitely older than she remembered… and wrinkled. Nothing dashed a girl’s romantic ideas of royalty like an old wrinkled king. Maybe Westridge wasn’t that bad, if that was the standard of men that would be following suit. Not that it mattered… Salindra had to make up her mind and pick one. That was the problem with her sister… she had to pick one.

Her gaze moved to Prince Jason, ahhhh… Parissa was so lucky. Zoe sighed, maybe there was another one… one that wasn’t married to Parissa but just as handsome. Would that be too much to ask for? Really?

ZOE! She blinked rapidly, her mind fluttering for a moment from marrying a handsome knight to the familiar sound of Parissa’s voice. Her eyes widened and she stood on her tip toes, practically bouncing up and down. “PARISSA!” She squealed, causing a couple of people to turn around and look at her, not that she cared one whit what they thought.

Parissa ducked past the officials and was rushing towards her, or was she rushing towards Parissa. “Oh, Are you okay? I was so worried after that storm last night. I thought you all would never get here today… I am so glad to see you! It’s been so lonely!” Zoe rambled, trying to get everything said before some official person ushered her cousin away to something more important.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:05 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Zoe! It was terrible! Are you all right? I saw the fields. Milena's breath..." She hugged her cousin tightly. "We almost died. You wouldn't even believe it! Oh, gods, and Salindra's hurt too, you'll have to go see her. Don't worry it's not bad." Like her cousin, her words were running together, spoken as fast as her tongue would allow. Another hug. "Why aren't you in Mirrormount? I thought sure you'd be back there by now!"
Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #10
(Ser) Alaric Harrowmont
demoted to extra

"Well, I see my sister has not yet learned courtly etiquette," Alaric remarked, grinning all the same at the sight of his sister and cousin's embrace and subsequent squealing. He wore Harrowmont colors as well, but his tunic, vest, and heavy boots spoke of someone who had expected to ride out to assist in a difficult situation. He could not quite hide the relief in his eyes at seeing so many of his kin alive and well.

"Your Grace, Your Highness," he spoke, as he bowed respectfully to Rothgar, then Jason as he reached them, although his gaze kept straying to Parissa as if to assure himself that she was in good health. "I hear the mountains attempted to scare you off." His smile could be infectious, just as his laugh was.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #11
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Elinor looked tired and pale feeling grateful that someone was helping her off of her horse. All of it seemed rather surreal and frightening and she came out of it almost unscathed except for a broken trunk and her maid being injured. It was all because of Rhaegar. He was a noble if not humble man and she could not say that she knew a lot of men quite like him. It was just too bad that he was injured attempting to save her.

Something also changed in her for some reason when she saw that he was injured. She could not ignore that it scared her to see him in that state even if it were ribs and bruising not to forget he pulled his other stitches open. Maybe it was selfishness or maybe it was more. On the ragged journey into Ashmark, it was all she could think about and still the answers continued to elude her, but it was enough to make her head ache and desire to crawl into bed and sleep two days away.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #12
(Lady) Kaelyn Harrowmont
demoted to extra

The young lady looked up with Markus ran up and climbed into the wagon, focusing his attention on Salindra, as well he should. Kaelyn smiled and sighed, having a moment of nostalgia of the days when her own father was just as attentive to her own injuries. Though at the time they were far less extreme. The girl took her horses rein and walked forward, tying him to a post before something thudded into her side.

Surprised, she turned to see her young brother clinging to her waist. "Lucan! Oh it's so good to see you!" she said, placing her arms around his shoulders. "My you've grown, it won't be much longer before you're taller than me." The boy sniffed and she sighed, running her fingers through his hair. "I'm fine, the storm passed without injury for me. I'm more worried about my maid and poor Berry." Kaelyn took her hand off the preteen and patted the brown horses neck. "How about you go find Edric, and say hello, and then I would be so thankful if you could take Berry to the stable and wash the mud off of his legs. Do you think you can do that?" The young lord nodded and wiped his face, running off to find his brother.

Kaelyn smiled and picked up her skirt, stepping forward to where her cousins and uncle were all standing. She dipped in a polite curtsy and stepped into the mix. "Well the storm was a fine welcome home," she said and smiled. Happy to be back in the presence of her dear family.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #13
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

The Solvitreo woman looked nothing like her usual self. Her clothing was soiled with mud, while her hair was a tangled mess despite having been plaited haphazardly and tied off with ribbons. Her face was smudged with dirt along with the dark bags underneath her eyes. There was no energy, no pride exuding from her as she was usually the one sparkling, talking and being the life of the party with a brilliantly warm smile.

Even during these trying times, she could not help her vanity and pulled the hood of her cloak way over her head to also cover her face shading her eyes. Her horse had run off and her maid was dead, but worst of all Zanara was injured and there was nothing she could do but be at her side and to ensure her that she was still live and recuperating.

The melancholy was as heavy as a shroud that was wound tightly about her person even though there were little moments of sunshine that peaked through from those that still loved her despite her actions in Delving. While on the road, she never left Zanara's side, but some how turning into a shade of her former self. She could not even forgive herself for what happened with Darres, but did her best to keep watch of both of them as they rested to allow their bodies to mend.

Upon their arrival in Ashmark, she did not look out to those that awaited their arrival, but remained hooded and silent to follow Zanara and Darres to their quarters to ensure that they were comfortable after being moved from one place to another.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:52 PM   #14
Zoe Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Oh… my… goodness… it was horrible! I thought the ice was going to bust the roof. I just wanted to pull the covers up over my head and hide.” Zoe prattled on, hugging Parissa equally fiercely. “You can’t die… I swear, I think you might be my only friend.”

She nodded her head, “I know I saw her briefly but didn’t get to say anything to her before father dove in to make sure she she was seen too.” Sighing dramatically, “I suppose when everything’s said and done around here I should check on her, but I am sure she’s alright.”

They thought I’d love to be here to welcome Salindra and the royal progress, but I didn’t argue… because I get to see you sooner.” They being her parents... Zoe took a step back and examined Parissa. “You have to tell me everything! Westridge is so boring.”
Old 09-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa caught sight of Kaelyn and waved but she was immediately hugging Zoe again. "Oh gods, the roof did fall in on us! The tent, I mean. The entire thing! I would have died but my husband--" She burst into a giggle, "That sounds so mad still! But he saved us both. You wouldn't believe how terrible! The ice was the size of a charger's hoof! But since you're here you're going to come to Mirrormount with us, aren't you? I get you for a whole lifetime practically!" She slipped her arm around Zoe's. "I've missed you so so much, it's been complete misery. I think i might have thrown myself off a tower if I didn't have Amina to talk to. What are you wearing tonight? We should go to your rooms at once to sort this out."
Old 09-25-2015, 12:32 AM   #16
Zoe Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“It DID? But you’re okay?” Zoe stared boggle eyed at Parissa. “I’d have been so scared!” She glanced to Jason at the mention of him saving her then back to Parissa. “Oh Parissa, that’s sooooooo romantic! I am jealous… I want someone to save me… He doesn’t have any handsome cousin’s, does he?” She giggled and batted her lashes at Parissa.

“Mhm… I’ll be going back to Mirrormount with you… back to Lady Mirrormount.” Zoe rolled her eyes, “I think she has to be the least fun lady to be a lady-in-waiting too… ever. I swear you could set a clock to her routine, we never do anything different.”

At the mention of Amina, Zoe wrinkled her nose in thought trying to place her. “Is she one of the Solvitreo girls? Right?” As quickly as the conversation flipped to Amina if flipped to what she was going to wear. Sucking in a breath, her eyes flickered around for a moment as she tried to think. “Um… I am sure, nothing as grand as what you’ll be wearing. But I do have a new gown in the prettiest shade of apple green you will ever see. Maybe that?” Leaning in a little to whisper, “Lady Mirrorcunt thinks that I should only wear soft colors like pink and daisy yellow… she frowns on her young ladies wearing anything bold.” Zoe rolled her eyes and sighed again heavily.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:48 AM   #17
(Lord of Westridge) Attericus Harrowmont
the mountain lord

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"Your highness," Attericus said, bowing to Jason as the prince joined them. He too cast a look at his daughter and raised a brow at Rothgar. "I told you she wasn't that quiet all the time."

Rothgar chuckled. "True enough. Alaric! You look none the worse for wear, my boy. The mountains are always an interesting trip for my ancient bones but the company does make them worth it."

Attericus turned to greet Kaelyn. "No signs of weathering on you, niece. Well done, show these lowland girls how a Harrowmont does. What say you, Prince Jason? How did your fare with the first taste of mountain weather?"
Old 09-25-2015, 01:01 AM   #18
(Lord) Markus Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

After giving orders to make sure Salindra was put up and made as comfortable as possible, he walked back up to the front, giving Attericus a relieved smile. She's all right. "Prince Jason." He bowed. "I also bid you welcome to Ashmark, and trust your stay will be comfortable. If you will excuse me, I must extend as such to your wife--my niece--as well." Bowing again, he headed over to where Parissa was gabbing and mucking about with Zoe. He rolled his eyes, though fondly, and walked up to the pair.

"Highness, and niece." He bowed, smiled. "Welcome to Ashmark. Zoe..." he raised his brow. "...remember your etiquette and where revelry should and should not be expressed."

Last edited by Markus Harrowmont; 09-25-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:49 AM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She giggled. "Oh, he's got loads of those. Did you meet Ser Kalden yet? Oh, or Gavin? What's he like? I know they got here days ago but I only barely got to see them last autumn before they came west..." Her nose wrinkled abruptly at her cousin's description of Lady Mondragon.

"Ew. That sounds terrible. I know the court will liven her up but... maybe we can think of something to fix her..." She giggled again when she realized what her cousin had called the lady, "and the terrible colors. Apple green must look beautiful on you! Oh, gods, I wish you could see all my gowns! I only brought a few with me- the ones that are warmer, since we're going south as well as into the foothills... but I got so so soooo many!" She squeezed her cousin's arm. "I---" But Uncle Markus walked over and she stopped talking to smile politely.

"But it is revelry!" she said with a laugh. "We're here! It's time to celebrate. Come on, Zoe, you can show me where I'm supposed to stay. We can leave the lords to talk all serious, Lord Markus."
Old 09-25-2015, 02:32 AM   #20
Zoe Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zoe gave her cousin a small look and shook her head, “Are you kidding? All I’ve gotten to see of them is just an occasional glance here or there. Everyone’s been to busy preparing for your arrival.” Wagging her brows playfully she added, “It’s the event of a lifetime, a Harrowmont crown princess coming to visit.” Bursting into giggles, “One of them is blonde and the other dark haired, and from a distance both are handsome as sin. The dark haired one… he seems to frown more. The blonde is quite dashing if I do say so myself…”

With a sigh, “I hope so, she could use livening up…” Something seemed to light up in Zoe’s eyes at the mention of thinking up something to fix Lady Mondragon… “Maybe. It would be the only decent thing to do wouldn’t it?” Her lips spread impishly, “I mean… any happiness we can bring to the world… right?” Out of the corner of her eye she saw her father walking towards them. “Oh shit… here he comes...I bet I am in trouble.” Zoe mumbled at Parissa while she spoke of dresses.

Her smile seemed to falter a little as Markus joined them and was replaced by a soft look of respect as he spoke his hellos to Parissa then turned to her. Her name was said in a manner she knew well, glancing at Parissa with a small look. See! He raised his eyebrows at her and she nodded her head more docilely. “Of course, father.”

Parissa laughed and Zoe wanted to smile, instead she glanced at her father almost pleading to just let her get by with it this once. Parissa squeezed her arm a little tighter before making a point of dragging her away. Glancing again at her father to make sure it was okay, not that she had any choice. “Of course, your highness.” The words were spoken more for her father then for Parissa.

Just out of earshot of her father, Zoe leaned into Parissa. “Oh gods, Salindra hasn’t been back already an hour and it’s already starting… I swear why bother having another one if the first one is so perfect?!”
Old 09-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #21
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

He looked between his father and goodfather and then back to his wife. "You mean... there are moments she is quiet?" he asked softly, though it was clear he was not serious. Whether or not he actually meant it despite the jest was the real mystery.

He smiled at Alaric. Not that the topic was a happy one, but he was smiling and it just seemed the natural response. "Mountains are wont to do that. Or so I'm told."

Looking away from Alaric for the moment that Markus was there, he said, "Thank you, my lord," and then he was gone. Ah, the chaos of a good gathering. To Alaric he said, "I would express gratitude that it wasn't worse, but I fear I'd only be tempting them to try again."
Old 10-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #22
(Ser) Alaric Harrowmont
demoted to extra

"When she's sleeping, so I am told," Alaric teased, willing to be slightly overfamiliar with the prince this once, seeing as it was his sister.

"Gratitude might not be so offensive to them....if you'd been arrogant about what they threw at you, you would have to duck more often. But your highness strikes me as too wise a man," Alaric answered, with a slight incline of his head. "I am sure you don't wish to ponder on that overmuch, not when your court needs settling."
Closed Thread

Tags
alaric harrowmont, attericus harrowmont, elinor vellfyre, jason vellfyre, kaelyn harrowmont, markus harrowmont, parissa harrowmont, rothgar vellfyre, zoe harrowmont