Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Delving

Delving Almost 3,000 people reside in the lord's seat, ruled by House Seyfert. Delving is the closest town to the northern mountains and saw its share of grief in the Border Wars. The lords here have maintained closer ties to their western neighbors across the border, and to Westridge than other houses of the 'Reach.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #1
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default 3.26 noon - that's not good... - rhaegar, thane (closed)

He'd watched at the walls as the Saherazai company swept out, though he was careful not to be seen. Winona remained angry at being refused-- anger now heightened still further by his last-moment marriage to a Vellfyre and powerful enough that she insisted on leaving at once rather than lingering. She could claim to the king that her city needed her all she liked, but if it was Tal Dragore she'd been worried about, she wouldn't have come west at all.

And he'd found the contracts Gawen was getting drawn up. Adan wed to a Saherazai...?

The Saherazai company was now well down the road, and Rhaegar waited. There was an agreed-upon meeting that could not be missed.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

"Is it not difficult for a sun to be a shadow?" Thane asked as he approached Rhaegar at the wall. His eyes were fixed on the road where, ebbing closer to the horizon, the Saherazais were departing. "Or have I misheard the play on words all this time?"
Old 09-13-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It seems an apt enough observation, my lord. If wrong it is, perhaps it is still the better choice." Rhaegar glanced at the Voldryn heir. "I somewhat doubt the south will be in shadow long. The sun does blaze warmer this time of year."
Old 09-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes... But one must wonder at the sort of fire that is burning?" Thane took his eyes off the retreating caravan to look at Rhaegar. "My deep apologies about your father, my lord."
Old 09-13-2015, 11:28 PM   #5
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded at that. "Thank you, my lord. My sister is saddened but she will recover soon, I think. But it is my father I need to speak of. There are contracts signed in his possession, and the second half of them is disappearing down yonder road. No doubt to ensure that once he breathes his last, I will not have a chance to dissolve them ere their contents appears at my door. He negotiated a marriage between my uncle and House Saherazai... though I know him better than to believe all the agreement is on paper."
Old 09-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #6
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane's eyes narrowed and he looked back towards the horizon. "So that was her game?" he said under his breath. "At least part of it... It is no matter... It will be handled as the interested parties see fit. If it has been taken out of your hands, it is not for you or I to decide the wisdom of it... But decisions will surely be made. Might I have a look at what isn't heading East?"
Old 09-13-2015, 11:47 PM   #7
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He didn't hesitate to pull the parchment out of the pouch at his belt and hand it over. As with most contracts, it had been cut, so the parties would assemble it to match should anyone quibble over the true contents. "I can probably track down the scribe who sealed it."

He frowned. "Of course, they will say it is but a standard marriage brokering. There are a too many Saherazai girls and it would be a boon to Vayth to get one's dowery... but she has become angry with me for refusing to wed her myself. I cannot guess whether this was a woman's pique or true intrigue. If she invited me into her bed on Gawen's suggestion... I will be the one to kill her."
Old 09-13-2015, 11:58 PM   #8
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It will be more interesting to see what becomes of it when it reaches Tal Dragore... There have been whispers that Lady Saherazai has been attempting to wrest more and more influence from her dear co-regent... Her stunt during Corvidium was enough to draw curious eyes... And now this? It would seem your lady might need to be reminded who Tal Dragore serves... And I would wager she will not like the reminder... Do you mind if I have some of my scribes copy this? I will send it ahead to Lord Solvitreo. He would be interested to see this... And I'm sure he'll be able to piece it all together when the other half is within his reach."
Old 09-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #9
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He gave a nod and a slight motion of his hand to indicate the parchment was now Thane's. "Do with it as you like. If my father wakes, he can redraw the bargain from whatever memory he retains. If not, then it makes no matter. I will not wed Adan to a Saherazai when I need ties to the vassals and the borders so dearly. Tybero holds title to a Seyfert, my uncle can have a Mondragon or one of the Trimerid marchers' daughters if desperation strikes us."
Old 09-14-2015, 10:17 PM   #10
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane took the parchment and shook his head. "No... I shall have it returned to you for your records. You never know when you're going to need something like this," he said. And then he gave an approving nod. "I doubt Saherazai would have agreed to the contract anyway... Well... at least not the born Saherazai."
Old 09-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #11
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Assuming she gave them a choice in the matter," he pointed out. "I would not underestimate her resourcefulness, Lord Thane." Rhaegar looked back toward the road. "I am in the--"

"My lord!!" A man-at-arms ran toward them. Not a Vayth- his sleeve lacked the badge. Nor a son--the man's clothes were plain, rather than a sellsword's haphazard adornment. Leaving one possibility: a Voldryn.

Rhaegar looked at Thane. The man bowed to them both, presumably but it was a shallow, hurried form. "My lord," he continued breathlessly. "It's Lord Adhemar's girl. Lady Zanara... they took her up th' tor jus' this moment. 'Er guard's run to the princess. Was four o' Seyfert's men, an his on the walls 'round us. Was the High Priest o' their Edelina leadin'." As there was nothing resembling the lowlands goddess in that temple, most of the servants had avoided it.

"Sons of cankered whores," Rhaegar swore in Low Asseryan. "Voldryn...?"
Old 09-14-2015, 10:52 PM   #12
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane turned quickly, his hand moving towards his belt, but he stilled it and his dark eyes narrowed with suspicion. He nodded once to show the man had his attention...

There was a darkness that took him then. No bargaining, no call to make sense of it... Just dark thoughts which he intended to turn to dark deeds. His eyes flashed with something that went beyond rage, and after sparing Vayth a glance, he said, "You know what must be done."

He strode forward then. "Seyfert sealed his fate when he touched her..." He did not turn to see if Rhaegar would follow. He could. But he didn't have to. And frankly he didn't have time to make his case.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Get to the prince," he ordered the man-at-arms. "Make gods-damned sure he knows." No doubt the princess would be putting her temper to good use, but just in case... Rhaegar's own companions were at the base of the stairs and he signaled to them-- they weren't unfamiliar with the look of an impending brawl.

"Voldryn, wait." Rhaegar fell into step next to Thane before he switched to Asseryan: "You'll do the girl no good if you run onto one of Seyfert's blades. That fucking tower has guards and royal cloaks will get you in faster. Kill the asshole after you've got her clear."
Old 09-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #14
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane didn't stop, but the incline of his head did show he was listening. "Not many... Though, you are right... He's likely increased the number... I'll need to take a look. Get my bearings and plan from there... But it would seem your plan is sound... Given the royal cloaks do not take long to arrive..." Still, he continued in that direction, his fingers clenching into his palm.

"He has no idea what he's done..."
Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #15
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Madmen seldom do." Rhaegar put a hand on Voldryn's arm. "Get your men to look, you and I will go the front way. If they'll let us in just to ensure her safety since you serve her father... we can just kill our ways back out while your men get in. If the royals take too long."
Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #16
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane nodded and then whistled at the man he'd sent off before who was not so far ahead. He stopped and returned, allowing Thane to relay Rhaegar's suggestion but as an order. Then he nodded. "Us? Are you certain, Lord Vayth... I will not turn away help if it is offered, but I cannot promise the king will condone what I'm planning to do... I feel it is fair to at least offer that much of a warning."

Even as he spoke the words, he'd begun walking again, and as the castle was not terribly large... they were fast approaching the entrance. "If you're going to turn back... now is the time."
Old 09-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #17
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The king needs his banner lords just now. And he will take my word on what transpires." Or he wouldn't, and then it would depend on the prince's sway with his father... but Rhaegar had been a sellsword more than he'd been a lord. "I am with you."

The entrance loomed ahead, flanked by two guards. Rhaegar's hand rested on his sword. "We wish to see Lady Zanara," he informed the guards. "The prince wishes us to see his wife's cousin is comfortable." He doubted Jason would argue with that wish, just... anticipating it by a half hour or so.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:57 PM   #18
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane was terrible at conveying gratitude both in words and in gestures. Normally he just bought whoever needed thanks an expensive gift. Still... he did try to show it without saying it... And probably failed utterly because the rage was still the predominant look in his eyes.

The guards tensed at the two approaching men. Thane's eyes swept over them... Towards their hands and swords... Lower... And then back up to meet their gazes. One was about to speak... until a royal title was mentioned.

"And the prince sends a Voldryn?" the guard asked.

"No," Thane answered. "The prince sends a man sworn to protect Lord Adhemar Solvitreo's daughter. I'd trust you to know the difference. Now are we going to be granted access, or will you have us return to the prince to relay your refusal of his order?"
Old 09-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #19
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There were some dark looks among the guards but the combination: a Voldryn and the leader of the Golden Sons... who was also Prince's Jason's champion got them to step aside, however grudgingly. The door thus unbarred, Rhaegar nodded to let Thane take the lead.

"Careful, boys. You may have the princess's champion along in another minute or two. Ser Gaiseric is not one to refuse his baby sister and she is very fond of her cousin." Another storied name to make them nervous. Rhaegar smiled and nodded at the paler of the two before he followed Thane inside.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #20
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane had already started up the steps, half listening to the words behind him, but his focus was definitely in front of him.

"Zanara...?" he whispered once the second door was opened. His eyes took in the tower... Having heard so much about it, to finally see it... It was more drab than the stuff of the horror stories... But that in itself was unsettling. "Zanara," he said again when he saw her, heading towards her. "Gods, what happened?"
Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 AM   #21
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Zanara's blue linen dress was ripped at the side and the ties of her left sleeve had torn, leaving it dangling from her shoulder and her arm clad only in her white linen chemise. She stood up from the floor where she'd been huddled in a sulk, hurriedly wiping at her right eye and straightening herself. She looked from Thane to the wall, the door... then back again, and though her hand raised toward him, she stopped herself in time and let it drop.

"Lord Thane. It... well, it appears our host has had some revelation that I must... listen more closely to Edelina over the... other gods."
Old 09-15-2015, 12:37 AM   #22
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He stepped in after Thane, but remained leaning against the doorjamb so there would be no chance of getting shut in without stabbing the shit out of someone. The girl looked like she'd been tumbled about a bit, but probably more from fighting strangers' hold on her than anything more... or so he hoped, for the sake of House Seyfert.

"I don't hear the Vellfyres shouting yet, but I doubt it'll take long," he said to Thane.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:54 AM   #23
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He took in the state of her... And then looked at Rhaegar to try to find the patience he desperately needed just then.

"And I am meant to wait now?" That had been the plan. The sound plan. Killing only if help took too long. But looking at her... it made the urge to spill blood quite hard to ignore. "The two guards at the bottom of the steps... I didn't see any on the way up." Though it was possible some were tending to some other prisoners. "I could lure those two up here... Between you and me, they could easily be dispatched."
Old 09-15-2015, 12:59 AM   #24
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zanara's expression drew into a scowl as Thane spoke, and Rhaegar wondered if the girl spoke Low Asseryan or was just offended they were using a language she didn't speak. "You want swords bared and flashing around when we've got a girl with not even a shield to keep between her and the wrong man? I'm fine with you killing those two, but it's the others we don't see that might be coming down the stairs above us we might find problems with."
Old 09-15-2015, 01:02 AM   #25
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zanara bit her lip, then her cheek and tried to look passive. She failed. "For pity's sake!" she snapped, stepping toward Thane to take hold of his arm.

"Either rescue me in a language I know or stop giving me a migraine with that one. Thane," she said using his name alone and squeezing his arm. "Please, don't put yourself in danger. It's bad enough you came in here. If... if you get them pissed off now, who's to say any of us get out?"
Old 09-15-2015, 01:15 AM   #26
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If we've allowed them to draw their swords, then we made a serious error..." Thane said, a little miserably. He hadn't planned on letting them have the chance to call for help let alone fight back.

Even so... It was the thirst for revenge that endangered them. He had to try to rise above. It would have been so easy normally. "Seyfert will not get away with this, Zanara. Come hell or high water... I'll make sure that people pay for this... But just now... Lord Rhaegar is right... It is too dangerous to provoke their aggression. He's sent for the prince... It shouldn't be long..." It'd better not be.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:19 AM   #27
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He watched Thane and Zanara then turned his attention to the stairwell they'd come from, listening to the echoes that traveled from both above and below. Other prisoners... at least two from the sounds of it.

"I think there may be two guards up above. And Gaiseric Harrowmont is down below with a few men. Sounds like we may have visitors in a moment. If you want to stab them, we can do that here at the door."
Old 09-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #28
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Why don't you go down?" she suggested, though the hold she kept on Thane's arm wouldn't ease for some reason, no matter how much she told herself to let go. "Speak with the guards. They're believers, but the worst that will happen to me is being locked in here. I can endure that a couple hours. Just... remember to bring me some lunch when you come back. I'm already hungry." She tried to smile, but her lips weren't obeying any better than her hand.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #29
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

When Tyana was told by Zanara’s maid that she was abducted and taken to that blasted monstrosity of a tower, her blood ran cold then hot as she almost shook with rage. It would have probably been a better idea for Ioanna to have sought out Darres or Melantha first to deal with the crisis especially when Tyana ran out of the room without thinking of procuring some help from Princess Alianor or finding Darres or Melantha herself.

There was no way to reason with her when she got to this point and Ioanna with quick steps went in search for Melantha and Darres especially because Tyana seemed to be heading towards the tower by herself. She looked furious and had a bit of tunnel vision as she stomped and half ran towards the tower.

She completely missed Gaiseric being there along with a few men and rounded on the guards appointed by Lord Seyfert distinguished by their livery. "Where is my sister?! WHY HAVE YOU PUT HER IN THE TOWER?"
Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #30
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Whatever Thane was about to say was lost when a new voice echoed against the stone. He turned his attention towards the door. "My dear... I can't be certain, but I think you're sister has heard about your incarceration..." He sighed and then looked at Rhaegar. "They'll be distracted now. We can investigate above... Zanara can remain here while we do that... Keep her out of harms way while we see what can be done."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, kain vellfyre, melantha vellfyre, rhaegar vayth, thane voldryn, tyana solvitreo, zanara solvitreo