Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach

Kingsreach Home to the king and his court, the 'reach is a warm and lovely landscape, where nobles love songs, chivalry, and pageantry.
Full Description .
Tal Volorro . Blacktide . Kingsport . Oldcastle . Delving .

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Default 3.19.31 | Cloudy with a chance of Desperation | Natalia, Open

She was running out of time. She knew she was. Soon she'd be home and would have to face what she'd been trying to ignore. But she hadn't been ignoring it, had she. Already, she felt a bond with the princess that had begun, truly, the day of the riots. She had been careful to make sure that bond hadn't weakened. Indeed, it had become stronger, if Natalia was any judge. She stayed as often as she could, volunteered for more work, provided an ear when the princess wished to talk about matters, and of course provided an outlet for when the princess was angry. That did not upset her. It was all apart of being a lady-in-waiting to a Vellfyre. If some days she had to bear the brunt of her temper, it was worth the honor.

But she was afraid.

She was actually returning from speaking with Alianor, relaying the name of the knight as she'd promised, when that fear caught up to her again. She let out a heavy breath and moved to sit beneath the shade of a tree, her eyes watching the camp with some interest... and longing. She would only take a moment... That's all she ever needed with anxiety gripped her. But damn... these were happening more and more often... Something that coincided directly with their growing nearness to Delving.
Natalia Seyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Old habits were hard to break and when Tyana needed a moment to herself, she always found the nearest tree to hide up in. She was not afraid of anything or so she believed at such an age feeling invincible or rather just fearless despite anything that may have occurred in the past like the plague or riots. When she got sick, she fought to get better, when the riots hurt and maimed many, she helped as much as she could to ease their pain, suffering, or dress their wounds. Another thing she learned since she was young was that no one ever looked up making her hiding place even more viable.

She sat upon a sturdy branch at the heart of the shadiest tree with her leg dangling down, the other perpendicular to her body as her back rested against the base. Her eyes closed for a moment as she took a few deep breaths and relaxed. However, a moment later she heard someone below and noticed a dark-haired woman taking a seat beneath the tree.

It was obvious that the girl wanted to be alone and she remained silent and still in the hopes that she grew weary soon enough just to move along. However, it was not meant to be as Tyana felt a tickle in her nose and before she could muffle the sound she sneezed causing a few branches to shake their leaves and her to shake her head.
Tyana Solvitreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:17 PM   #3
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Instinct was, by definition, the innate response she had to the sudden and unexpected noise she heard to jump up and reach for her dagger. Training, however, had managed to temper that instinct enough for her not actually throw up her skirt to draw it... She looked around and then straight up, her eyes wide for a moment longer until she realized it was not somebody waiting to pounce or attack... And then her brows furrowed, her posture relaxing somewhat.

"Um... Lady Tyana...?" Natalia began, pushing her hair behind her shoulder. "I... don't mean to sound... well, rude... But, uh... what are you doing up there?" After listening so often to the princess speak of the queen and how she treated her ladies when they stepped out of line, she had to wonder if maybe Tyana had a death wish doing something so unladylike as climbing a tree in broad daylight.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana's hand palmed her face in shame. A sneeze of all things. "Hiding." She replied to Natalia's question. "It is often the best place to hide when one needs a bit of time to think. Unless of course, said person decides to sneeze right as someone comes near such a shady and sturdy tree."
Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose I can find no argument for that," she said. She had to go on faith that Tyana was no fool... and that she knew well that she was playing with fire. "I... found this a peaceful enough place for thinking myself... But as you had it first, if you would prefer, I could leave you to your solitude?"
Old 06-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Like a lithe cat, Tyana slipped out of the tree and sat down as if she was there the whole time. She shook her head and smiled at Natalia, "I would enjoy the company if you do not mind sitting with me."
Old 06-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #7
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She took a step back to give her some room for her landing, but she seemed quite skilled at this sort of thing that it probably hadn't been necessary. But then with a smile, she stepped back and began to lower herself to the ground again. "I never turn my back on the opportunity for good company, my lady. And I desire it myself. I am so new to court, still..." She looked over at her. "I know well who you are, Lady Tyana. But... my manners... I am Lady Natalia Seyfert of Delving. It is a pleasure to meet you at last."
Old 06-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well met, my lady. It is a pleasure to meet you as well and my apologizes for startling you," Tyana said, but of course there was no apology for not behaving like a well-mannered lady.

"I have been at court for quite some time attending to Queen Charlotte, but often times I feel just as new with how busy she kept me. Making it almost impossible to meet new people and even my family who is also at court."

Then she leaned in to whisper, "I am quite happy that the queen left for Trimeris without me. I still have my duties to assist in Lady Parissa's retinue, but it is my hope to catch up and enjoy this time away from Tor Vellesca."

"Are you enjoying the trip so far, my lady?" She asked politely.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #9
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Could she be truthful? She wasn't sure... It always seemed to her like the truth was so close to whining...

"The trip itself is pleasant. I am getting along well with Princess Alianor... But it is a known path. Delving will be a familiar sight... I have spent most of my life there. So much so that I would almost call it boring. Just arrived at court and so soon having to see home again... Still, I'm excited that it will at least be far more interesting with all the people."
Old 06-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #10
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Getting along well with Princess Alianor? That was no small feat especially with how feisty she tend to get. At least, Natalia sounded like she would do well at court despite the executions and Queen Charlotte's concerns. It made her wonder why the queen sent Tyana to spy on her wondering if Charlotte had ever met Natalia. Again, there was that feeling that this was all some sort of test for Tyana to redeem herself and on did the pendulum of decisions continued to swing.

She grinned, "Well, yes with us all there to make it interesting, we would never allow it to get boring even for a candle's flicker and perhaps you can show me the best that Delving has to offer. Sometimes seeing the place through another's eyes might change your perspective of the place you call home."
Old 06-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #11
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Natalia paused for a moment. "That... is very wisely spoken, my lady. I recall promising your sister, Lady Tyana, to find some adventure on the progress to keep it from becoming boring. Perhaps if you would like to join minds, we could possibly come up with some great fun along the way."
Old 06-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #12
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana hesitated for a moment and then grinned, "My apologizes, my lady. I thought I might have had a lapse of memory of a previous meeting. I think you may have spoken to my twin sister, Lady Zanara. Oh yes, that sounds like a wonderful idea. I would imagine three minds could come up with great fun after we are released from our duties. Do you like the taste of moonwine, my lady?"
Old 06-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #13
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Natalia was perplexed for a moment, and then her cheeks colored. "Oh...! Heavens above... I meant to say her name, but I was looking at you so your name was what was in my head..." she explained, giggling. "Moonwine?" she asked, after a moment, her cheeks still a bit crimson. "I'm... not sure I've had it."
Old 06-02-2015, 11:29 PM   #14
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Laughter escaped and she continued to grin, "It is quite all right, my lady. It happens all the time and some might never keep us straight even though we look different in proper lighting." She looked rather adorable when she blushed and even more lovely when she giggled.

"Then we shall remedy that as the first upon our list. Maybe a sleepover for only women so we do not have any men attempting to preen while stealing our attentions away." Her eyes rolled, "Way too many pretty faces these days and way too many beautiful girls vying for their attentions."
Old 06-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #15
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed. "Come now... You know if the men hear that so many pretty faces are coming together in one place, they'll preen and try so very hard to peer into the room... Which could be fun in and of itself... Make them try for our attentions for a change."
Old 06-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #16
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"When has the game turned into a woman being the pursuer?" Tyana asked with a giggle. "So many beautiful women, married, unmarried, widowed, it matters not, the men have ever opportunity to make us vie for their attentions." She remarked sounding that this particular notion was rather odd and unacceptable. "It is more fun to make them beg and make you feel special at least for the moment you are with him."

"I hope the men in Delving are better mannered than the ones at Honeywell. They were rather beastly whether they were drunk or not."
Old 06-03-2015, 07:38 PM   #17
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"When men came back from the war, heroes... Paragons of valor and honor... We should be so lucky that they would allow us to kiss the bottom of their boots," she said, batting her eyelashes dramatically. "I agree... The chase needs to change back to how it used to be... It was far more fun that way."

She looked bothered for a moment, remembering what'd happened both to Tyana and to Lady Amina. "My father would never stand for it," she said confidently. For everything she'd heard, she was at least sure of that. "I honestly can say I've never been treated poorly by any of the men there."
Old 06-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #18
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

More giggling at the dramatic eyelash batting, "Less men, less options and as you start a chase for fun, they quickly fall over four more girls just as beautiful and even more willing to fall into bed with them. It will soon make them fat and lazy and perhaps then they will work for affection." The idea of all the pretty men turning fat and lazy made her grin, but she knew that it would never be for they were all soldiers, and warriors that have put their time in to protect them from the enemy.

"My father would never stand for it either and neither did I," she replied with a knowing smile. "That is good to hear, my lady. Ill-mannered knights whether in their cups or not is a political disaster. It will work itself out I would imagine. I wanted to be rather proud of myself for not being the one to cause a scene." Her smile turned into a quick grin as her shoulders lifted and fell. "I never realized how difficult it was to actually rein in your temper and save the results for another time." Then she sighed, "Until my cousin jumped in to remedy the situation publicly. It was my best, but I suppose it will go back to the queen eventually. They act like they have never interacted with women before, but when they do it is all ham-fisted and vulgar. I almost imagined he would have grabbed me by my hair before clubbing me over the head to claim me."
Old 06-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #19
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There's something charming about the pudgy ones, anyway... They are so genuine, I think... and kind of adorable," she chuckled.

But then she gave a sympathetic look that stopped short of pity. Natalia didn't dole pity out so readily. And Tyana didn't seem like a person who had much use for it anyway. "Nobody would accuse you of handling the situation poorly, my lady. I was there... I saw it same as everybody else who was paying attention. The man had no right... and had he done the same to me, I cannot say with confidence I would have handled it half so well as you."
Old 06-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #20
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Most of the pudgy ones remind me of my cousin Kellan's puppies," she added also chuckling. "But I would have to agree, genuine, adorable and even eventually charming...just before they get bitter and jaded when they come to court."

With such diplomacy heard from Natalia, it was difficult for Tyana not to adore the sweet lady. She grinned wickedly, "I would imagine Lord Beesley buzzing about all night sick with worry that all of his knights might end up offending all of the ladies of the court. Next time, I shall seek out the women to dance with and take on the whispers for it to at least avoid getting a few bruises and a ruined dress."

"Ah, it is dreary talk, so what do you do for fun?" She asked, ready to make a list of what not to do so Natalia could perhaps try new things.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:21 PM   #21
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Some of them... Others learn to rely on humor and goodness to compensate in the areas that they lack... And they don't lose that. Sometimes I imagine it is men like that who make the best husbands."

She nodded. "I doubt there would be many whispers from that. If nothing else, the men would thank Milena for the show and go to bed hoping to hear whispers of an all-ladies-get-together so they can try to sneak a peak."

Thinking for a moment, she said, "It has changed so much of late... What I used to like has altered considerably... I think mostly I love fashion... Watching the new styles and the dresses at these feasts... I like meeting all sorts of people... Dancing, listening the minstrels, exploring... There's no shortage of fun to be had, if I'm truthful."
Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #22
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A soft sigh escaped and then chuckled, "A husband with humor and goodness? Maybe a bit of patience? I suppose are a few of the traits I would like to see in a husband, or a secret lover, but with more free time to meet people, I cannot say I have met anyone that captures my interest so intensely. Perhaps they are all too pleasing to the eye and it has blinded me enough to make it impossible to take a favorite?"

"A party that is a hit with the ladies and the envy of all the men wishing to be a part of it," the idea made her grin with amusement. "It just makes me want to think up a few schemes to torment them further for our amusement."

A lot of Natalia's interests were her own so it would be rather impossible not to do any of those, but it did give her an idea. "Thinking up a new style would be marvelous and I have been working on a song that goes with a new dance that has been stuck in my head after one of the queen's ever most exciting tasks." The sarcasm could be heard in the description of the queen's task, but there was also excitement in telling Natalia what she was up to and perhaps even recruiting one more to learn a new dance to her song with the hopes of it catching fast like a fire to dried brush.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #23
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There are many indeed who are quite pleasing to look at," Natalia agreed. "The Vellfyres alone... Princes Jason and Bryce, Lords Kain and Kellan... and I've been told Lord Kalden is quite wonderful to look at as well," she added. She hadn't seen him much before he went West. Same was the case with Lord Gavin. "Lord Kadreth. Even the king is quite pleasing, I think. And... the Lord Treasurer... The Wolfe... Lord Gareth... Lord Elijah Vaughn... Lord Rhaegar Vayth... Oh..." She felt her cheeks flush as she realized she was rambling on about all of the handsome men at court.

She laughed. "Not a bad idea. It is a long progress planned... Might as well get a bit of torment in here and there."

Nodding slowly she said, "A lot of the Western Styles have become popular among the 'Reachers, I think. Especially with the Spring approaching in a few days, it seems practical and beautiful. But if perhaps we can take that inspiration and had an Edolene touch to it, it may take..."
Old 06-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #24
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana was giggling at Natalia's list. It was rather similar to hers expect for a few despite how pretty they were. It was all about taste or knowing one too well to see them more as friend and not a lover. "Than we are in agreement, such a large group to choose from, it makes a girl not know where to turn being blinded by such...beauty." The word dripping with a hint of sarcasm once again. "Apparently, men just get more handsome with age, well as long as they take care of themselves especially the Vellefyres."

Her laughter triggered a mischievous grin, "Than it is settled, we will need to find quite a few ways to make those men feel just a bit tormented."

She fell silent as Natalia spoke of fashion and she nodded seeing some of the possibilities. "I am game. Even if it is something bordering on outrageously sultry. I will make it work and the more ladies that do it the more it will take. Hmm, I would imagine Zanara being a part of it, maybe even Parissa and Amina. Even Sanya..." She chuckled at the thought of her not so secret chaperon being a part of the style that they were pushing for.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #25
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Natalia had always thought so. She had never much cared for those too youthful of face... Rugged, sometimes weathered, wise and controlled... Men of a certain age were simply more... manly. "The Vellfyres certainly set the bar high for that rule," she nodded. "It's hard to remember half the time that the king is as old as he is. Think you they made a deal with Milena to be so beautiful?"

Natalia grinned. "The trick would be to get Princess Ziamara to do it. Notice how whatever she wears, the style anyway," for she was always in white, "others tend to mimic?"
Old 06-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #26
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was not really age that seemed to catch Tyana’s eye, but it just ended up like that. She found that she gravitated towards charming, witty and intelligent if not wise men. Awkwardness was cute, but it did not last especially if the man was too nervous to even strike up a conversation with her. “More than likely,” she replied with a grin.

Her eyes widened and she nodded, “Oh, that is excellent. Maybe we can manage several gowns with the alterations and made to order in her size and we can see if we can bribe or trick someone to present them to Princess Ziamara and see if it piques her interest.”
Old 06-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #27
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Best not to resort to bribery where the royals are concerned. Better, I think, to present it as a gift. It would still present the same opportunity to pique her interest... but any other way I fear may be regarded as trickery, and you know how easily people can get the wrong idea..."

Tags
natalia seyfert, tyana solvitreo