Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach

Kingsreach Home to the king and his court, the 'reach is a warm and lovely landscape, where nobles love songs, chivalry, and pageantry.
Full Description .
Tal Volorro . Blacktide . Kingsport . Oldcastle . Delving .

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 3.18, evening - Castle Honeywell - an evening's entertainment - OPEN

The main hall of the tiny castle was bright with firelight from the hearth and the torches. This was the largest crowd of nobles it had seen in several years, and the floors were swept the rushes fresh, herbs strewn to be crushed and release their aroma underfoot.

Lord Beesley was at Rothgar's side, the two of them exchanging idle jests as they watched the courtiers relax after the long day of travel. The whole meadow outside was covered in the court's tents and wagons, and some knights were missing, already succumbing to sleep or on watch duty.
Rothgar Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

No longer travelling, Raisa had curiously looked around the grounds of Honeywell, cradling her new harp like it was a third child. Every gift from the king was treated as if it descended from the realm of the gods in Thorin’s mighty hand accompanied by a halo of bright, golden light and the singing of an ominous choir. She slowly approached where the king and Lord Beesley were, uncertain if she were intruding on a conversation, and gave a polite curtsey. "Am I disturbing?" she asked, barely hiding her excitement as she continued, "I saw an apiary."
Raisa Verrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Ausla was purposely avoiding Lady Raisa and Elinor who seemed to disapprove of what the princess’ seamstress did to her dresses, the former referred to her as a ‘tavern whore’ but Ausla liked the alterations. She purposely pushed her hair over her shoulders, to fall down on her back to show off the widened neckline.

She had wandered the hall for some time, shyly greeting the courtiers of Honeywell. Wine goblet in hand, she awkwardly stood there, searching for someone now to speak to or someone else to greet.
Ausla Trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Zanara had endured the wretched, windy traveling day with good cheer because every hour of it was another hour further away from the fetid stench of Tal Volorro's springtime streets. She was dressed like Ausla- her own gown's neckline barely touching the edge of her shoulders, showing a modest amount in the front but the back too was cut into a shallow v, and her hair was piled up on her head to accentuate her bare throat. The cotehardie was a simple one she usually wore under a surcoat, but for tonight she wore the blue brocade alone, save for a belt of golden suns circling her hips.

Zanara smiled at the jest of some Beesley--Beesbury?-- knight as their dance ended and she bowed her head in a shallow acknowledgment before she turned to look around the hall for her next diversion.
Zanara Solvitreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Having spotted a familiar tall lady with dark hair, Worthing made his way over toward Ausla Trunt. "Good evening, Lady Ausla." He bowed his head in greeting. Looking up, he blinked. A furrowed brow came next. "Are you enjoying yourself?" His tone was pleasant enough. But his gaze lingered on her. He seemed almost to say something, then didn't.
Worthing Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:29 AM   #6
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Parties always managed to make Tyana happy. There were so many people around and food along with an abundance of spirits. She danced until her eyes were bright and her cheeks were naturally red from exertion and not rouge. While her twin sister wore blue, she decided to wear red and a deep scarlet at that with gold at her hips. Her hair was set wild in loose curls and she wore wild flowers and ribbons in her hair.

The new gown flirted with the scandalous as the neckline was lowered to show the tops of her endowments, but attempted at modesty with a silken ruffle that lined the neckline only to be teasing and provocative. The young Solvitreo was resting from the last dance in search of more wine as she leaned over to hear a young knight whispering in her ear just before laughing out loud and feigned a dirty look. "Careful or you might end up wearing this wine," she quipped back and then grinned, "Luckily, I would never waste good wine...so you are safe...for now." Then took another drink as she swayed happily to the music.
Tyana Solvitreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 AM   #7
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

She turned her attention to a familiar voice, forcing a smile. With him standing next to her, none of the handsome men would notice her. Her eyes scanned the hall, and they fell on Zanara, who she was utterly grateful towards, and her twin sister before returning to Worthing.

“Good evening, Ser Worthing,” she said politely with a curtsy, before staring at her goblet. She didn’t even know why she took the wine; she figured she’d look more attractive with it in her hand. She looked something like a child playing grown-up. “This is all so exciting that it’s hard for me not to enjoy myself. Thank you for asking.” So long as she avoided Raisa the hypocrite. “I tried talking but… I’m shy. I’m trying not to be. Are you enjoying yourself?”
Old 05-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #8
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain wasn't the least bit interested in Honeywell or the Lord of Bees or whatever this place called itself. He had spent most of the day riding with the foreguard, had overseen the pavilions being set up for the royals - only Rothgar was likely to remain in the solid walls of the castle tonight, though he supposed his cousin Jason might decide to.

Kain was too tired to play at dancing, so he sat quietly not far from the high table, on a bench against a wall so he could rest against the stone as he drank a cup of mead and watched the people in the gathering.
Kain Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #9
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing shrugged, then forced a grin. "I suppose. It's not torture or anything." He answered. "Being a little shy is pretty normal. This is a new place, lots of people..." He adverted his gaze back to the dancers for a moment. "In fact, it's nice to find a friend in the labyrinth. That's why I hurried over when I saw you." He almost frowned again, but pushed it aside for a smile. He glanced back at Ausla. "So...May I ask you to dance, Lady Ausla?"
Worthing Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara was quiet but she smiled and laughed as Lady Beesley made an observation about a particular young couple badly mangling the dance. Ziamara wore a white gown though the hem sported a crimson band to hide any dirt; her sleeves were the same deep crimson, embroidered with rearing griffons with glimmering gemstones on their eyes and wings. Her golden hair was worn in loose curls falling down her back, but a band of gold crossed her brow and golden chains hung with pearls shimmered across the back of her head. Mourning colors, but not quite mourning garb.

She held her cup out as a young page came forward to refill it, then rose and curtsied to her father to begin making her rounds through the room.
Ziamara Fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 PM   #11
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

She had been practising her dancing while at Summerhall but worried nonetheless of making some unforeseeable mistake for the world to see and laugh. “You are very right, Ser Worthing, you are most wise,” she said, agreeing with him because he knew things. “I would be honoured to dance with you…” She awkwardly held onto her goblet, which she hadn’t even drank yet and didn’t know what to do with it. She just stood there, looking at him and waiting for him to tell her what to do.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason was walking with Elijah having not long broken away from the high table, upset for having accidentally ripped one of his gloves. Not just a glove. His favorite glove. His sleeve was at least long enough to cover the worst of it, but sleeves could not cover bad moods. But he still put on the most pleasant expression he could while grumbling to Elijah still... even as they approached his cousin.

"You look like you're enjoying yourself," Jason said, sitting down beside him. "Seems this is where all the fun can be had, no?"
Jason Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Crowned prince or not... if Elijah had to hear Jason whine about that glove one more time... he might actually take his own life. That's all it had been, it seemed, since Summerhall. One complaint after another... Which he was used to, but lately it was more than usual and thus it grated on his nerves more than usual. Still... he knew better than to tease him in public... He'd save that for when they were more drunk and perhaps surrounded by more friendly faces who would beat him to it. Speaking of a friendly face...

He stood beside the bench and took a drink from his cup. "It's at least a nice view."
Elijah Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #14
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain considered getting up and bowing to his cousin but settled for a formal-ish nod of his head and raising his cup. "Your Highness, I think you missed the fun. Fun was last seen in Volorro, when the treasurer bashed some idiot's brains across your mother's freshly swept floor."

Still, he managed a smile. "The view is lovely," he answered Vaughn as Jason sat down. "I'm waiting to see if Worthing fumbles with that silly brunette."
Old 05-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #15
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I heard about that," he chuckled. "And I'm sorry I missed it. It's been a long while since I've seen Lord Warrick bash somebody's brains... One of the few things I miss more than competing in tournaments myself is watching the Wolfe twins destroy everybody else."

He looked over at Worthing and noticed who he was dancing with. Then he smiled. "Oh... She'd probably find it charming."
Old 05-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #16
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such is the way... It always happens when we're not around to see it," Elijah said, looking across where the other two were. It took him a moment to recognize Lady Ausla... "That's not... That is Lady Ausla, isn't it?" It was a nice look for her. "I sense a bet coming on..."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 PM   #17
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She'd find it confusing, like every other part of the world around her," Kain muttered. He glanced up at Vaughn. "Aye, that's the one. And I doubt it's worth a bet. Half a minute's effort, Worthing could probably have her in the beehives."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Please... He's every bit like those awful characters she reads in those awful stories... Not that I know him, but... apparently it is enough to not be ugly." He chuckled. "Oh please... He'd start to lower his breeches and she'd run crying about how that's not how it was in the songs."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #19
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I didn't know Wolfes men took virgins..." Elijah mused softly.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #20
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I didn't know royal mistresses had virgin attendants either." Kain snorted. "Times change, it seems. Jason's probably right- but Worthing would be doing the chit a favor of education."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #21
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She wasn't her attendant..." Jason scoffed. "She was her pet. A good education would serve her well. Too bad you've gone celibate, Eli... You would have been perfect for the task."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #22
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elijah sniffed and then seemed very interested in his wine. "Even if I hadn't... I'm not the sort who would take a pet to bed."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #23
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oho, look at that. Vaughn spends five years screwing camels and he gets standards." Kain chuckled. "I'd volunteer but she starts crying if I approach. Guess you'll have to find some other catspaw, coz."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #24
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Were those camels?" he asked, acting surprised. "I thought they were a bit tall..."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #25
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Was hard to tell with all the sand," Jason shrugged. "Strange, coz... I'd have thought the fear and the tears would have been quite the turn on for you."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #26
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The humps didn't seem a little out of place to you, Vaughn? Really?" But Jason's quip got a glare. "Tears yes, but preferably when there's something to cry about, not because the wind blew."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #27
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not particularly... But I did think it odd I had to stand on a chair..." he said, rolling his eyes. "Ugh... We've got to stop this... My mind is starting to force me to imagine it... I don't have enough wine for that..."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #28
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think you may be confusing her with my father's mistress..." Jason sighed. "If only I had a coin for each tear I've seen that woman shed, the treasury in Vellesca would be filled through the next century."
Old 05-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #29
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So that's where she learned it..." Kain shot a look across the hall to where he'd last seen Lady Raisa. "Look on the bright side, Vaughn- if you trade the camel for Lady Ausla, you won't need a chair? And while we are on this discussion, where did the short Solvitreo go? Not the twin, the younger one. Wasn't she supposed to be fetching and carrying for Alianor?"
Old 05-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #30
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'd almost prefer the camel..." Elijah muttered before cracking a smirk. "I prefer blondes, Kain... What can I say? You'd have a better chance than Lady Ausla..." He blinked as if he just realized what he said, but decided it was still true. "Don't worry, your highness... You wouldn't. I'd need the chair with you, too."

Tags
amina solvitreo, ausla trunt, bryce vellfyre, elijah vaughn, jason vellfyre, jeharraz zisemides, kain vellfyre, natalia seyfert, oliver meadows, parissa harrowmont, raisa verrun, rothgar vellfyre, salindra harrowmont, thane voldryn, tyana solvitreo, winona saherazai, worthing wolfe, zanara solvitreo, ziamara fairchild