Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Southshores > Fairgrove

Fairgrove A town of 3,958, ruled by a lesser branch of House Solvitreo and treated as Lord Solvitreo's summer retreat. Fairgrove is named for its citrus groves and located along the Godswash, a main transit route from the mountains to the Tal Solarii port.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
Ryence
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 5.5 Night | Citrus Tree March [Open]

Lord Karthen was inside the keep, while Ryence stayed out in the rain. The courtyard was slopping wet but the weather didn’t stop anyone: carts were still rolling, horses trotting, servants rushing, all back and forth, some going and others returning. He had seen the games in the arena, not for long. He’d walked out. It was not the first he had seen of anything like it but this time it left a taste in his mouth. Compared with the earlier noise of the city, the dark, stony court was relatively quiet and he took comfort in it and his solace as he leaned up against a dripping wall, peeling with his knife a fruit from the groves. He heard footsteps nearer to his person than the others and glanced up to see a shadowy figure, the face currently obscured.

Last edited by Ryence; 06-05-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:02 AM   #2
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain's squire, Tristifer, dogged his steps several feet behind and entirely ignored. He'd managed to forget to clean a practice blade, leave a shinguard in the mud, and forgotten to fix the strap on his own damn shield. Tristifer was going to be spending the night in the kennels if he didn't come up with a better reason than "I forgot."

They made their way up through one of Fairgrove's interminable pillared terraces, all the way back from the far practice yard where said shinguard was retrieved and teenaged ears were cuffed soundly. The shinguard rattled under Trist's arm and Kain rounded on him.

"Well?"

"Sorry, my lord."

"Not. Good. Enough."

"Well, Marc didn't--"

"And is Marc going to be sewn to your fucking side in a battle? Has he ever been? No! I should let you march into the arena with a broken shield and see how long you damn well last."

"M'lord, I just..."

"No, never mind. I don't give a damn about the reason. Shut up. The more you say 'lord' the more I think you need a new one." He turned away from Tristifer and saw one of the men--Fairgrover maybe? Or some other soldier--standing not far from them. Kain snorted. "You there- any mind to take on a lazy, half-trained lump of a squire? He's almost as good as a three-legged hound. Not quite, mind you. But nearly."
Old 06-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Ryence
demoted to extra

Ryence had listened to the exchange, not a part of it was particularly unusual to him though its start was not clear. He didn’t think to make it any of his business, concentrated on his tasty fruit until addressed. “I have none,” he answered, sucking the juice of his not-so clear fingers. He got up and came over, seeing first the teenaged lad and then his lord, he could tell he was wealthy, call it a sixth sense. “But I hear you can throw ‘im at any Merideen who’s desperate for more sword fodder.” He stared down at the youth, nudged his face with his fruit-carrying hand. “D’you hear that, boy, can you bite?” He took piece of the fruit, looked back to the lord. “Has he seen a fight?” Best way to get a man’s shit together, teach him not to be someone else’s bowl-o’-brown.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #4
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain snorted at the man's answer, shooting Tristifer a dark look. "One or two." He'd taken Tris on before Rhot Charn. Somehow he'd never found him as easy to sort out as Marc.

Tris kept narrowed his uncertain anger on the stranger. "I serve a Vellfyre. Never a Merideen."

Kain's eyes rolled. "Keep screwing up armor, and you'll be lucky to be a yeoman let alone a knight." He glanced at the stranger. "And who are you serving, ser?"
Old 06-16-2016, 05:44 PM   #5
Ryence
demoted to extra

The boy had his attention at ‘Vellfyre’. He took another bite of his fruit during the exchange, they seemed a well-matched pair. “Lord Karthen Tabas,” he said, swallowing. “A Merideen.” He looked at the young squire long enough to give him a teasing and shit-eating grin, his anger had not gone without notice. More endearing than frightening. “Probably’ve not heard of ‘im.”
Closed Thread

Tags
kain vellfyre, ryence