Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #31
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

This woman...

Thane sighed and tried to figure the best way after her. This... was not going to be graceful. He more or less took the same path down, his knees bent more while leaning back for a slide that he was sure would ruin his breeches for good. But it would not do to let her go off alone, and he turned back again to see the guards mouthing a few curses.

"Was that... on purpose?" Thane asked once he caught up to her.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:04 AM   #32
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

He looked around them. "It reminds of Karth. Empty houses, ruins. There are always bands of the wretched thieves- survivors of the khan's decimations." Jeharraz' eyes turned to the prince. "Rough country offers hiding places for more than game."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #33
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

"Benedar assures us his men have been patrolling the borders... With the threat so high, they've been on alert... But I suppose that does not account for skilled parties breaking through... Perhaps we ought to try to catch back up to the princess..." he said, suddenly worried about her.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:15 AM   #34
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Did it look on purpose? But it was fun, wasn't it?" She shot a look a Thane but adrenaline had made her reckless and she laughed before she darted off to go finish the deer with a slash to its throat. She kept out of the spray then set about lifting the leg to cut out the musk glands. "We'll leave it for the guards, and the others will catch up soon enough..." She glanced at Thane.

"This'll have scared the others but we can still score a few rabbits.... or we can track the other hunters and catch the deer fleeing them? There's always going a couple miles out and waiting... the herd will wander back sooner or later."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:24 AM   #35
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Well... she did that quite cheerfully. Thane chuckled as he followed. "I'm content to find some rabbits, but perhaps we can do both... I've a mind to bring in a good number."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:27 AM   #36
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed as she cleaned off her dagger in the grass and slid it back in its sheath. "Right then." She paused to touch the deer's head. "Sorry I missed the first shot, but you'll make a very appreciated winter meal, I promise. Thank you."

With that she stood up and nodded toward the far end of the meadow. "Well, Lord Voldryn? Shall we go play?"
Old 10-12-2015, 02:32 AM   #37
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lead the way and I will follow, your highness," he said. "I look forward to what the day may bring. It's so far off to a promising start, anyway."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:37 AM   #38
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed and started off the way she'd intended to go. "You do know the prince is going to strangle us if and when he catches up?"
Old 10-12-2015, 02:41 AM   #39
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't know... He seemed in a good humor. Maybe we'll get lucky..." he laughed. "Who knows...? Like I said... in this moment, I don't particularly care... I only recently found out I've somehow displeased him... and I'm consigned to chamber pot duty for the next two weeks... So... for a time... I'd rather not look at him."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:50 AM   #40
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hm. Well, blame me if you can. He loathes me as it is so I'm sure he'll be happy to believe it." She laughed again and ducked under the branches as they reached the tree line. "Aren't you bored to tears at court, Thane? It's not like it's Sunspire... chamberpot duty might be the liveliest thing to do for a whole month around there."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:57 AM   #41
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The prince? No, he doesn't loathe you. To hear him speak of you, I would have thought he was quite fond of you, actually," he said, bending even lower than her. "Sometimes. Other times... it's quite interesting. Of late, it's certainly lacked for dullness... But you're right. It's not like Sunspire... But no place is."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #42
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then he must be a prized mummer," she muttered. "He was pretty clear about it in Delving." She paused in her steps and glanced at him. "Is it wrong of me to be homesick for Sunspire instead of Highclere? I miss the arena and the gossip and the food and the traders and the... hells," She made a face. "I think I'm even starting to miss speaking Merideen. Isn't that twisted?"
Old 10-12-2015, 03:09 AM   #43
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course he is... He's a prince. They can never show how they really feel unless they're in private. If everybody could tell what they were thinking, it'd be a far more precarious title than it already is." He gave her a small smile. "That's not wrong, your highness. It is where you have made many memories. I am more homesick for Soalrii than Malderin. There is nothing wrong with that."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:18 AM   #44
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's the point isn't it? One of us is right and one of us is wrong but who's to know which is which?" She sighed and shouldered her bow again to step sideways through a thicket. They were further out, where Mondragon's foresters hadn't been clearing the underbrush. Better for game, really but worse for navigation.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 AM   #45
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've served him for some time... And I see him when he lets his guard down. I think we both know the answer," he said. "And... if nothing else... At least you aren't cleaning up after his shit..."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:36 AM   #46
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed at that and gave him a pitying look. "Poor lord. You're almost stuck a squire again. You know in Meridiez men fight for the right to serve their princes in the garderrobe..." She bit her lip and tried not to grin. "Well. Let's make sure your penance is worth the misadventure?"
Old 10-12-2015, 03:43 AM   #47
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I was never a squire," he grinned. "The path of knighthood is a worthy one... but was never one I was made for. But... it is like fostering at least..." His grin widened even more. "Well, you are obviously the more skilled tracker between the two of us... I figure if I remain with you, it will be worth it indeed."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:52 AM   #48
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled at the compliment. "Flatterer. But I'm in unfamiliar territory so this will be an adventure... let's hope there aren't any more shale hills." She patted his arm before she moved ahead again to duck between two trees, then froze as she spotted a rabbit in the copse beyond. She pointed to Thane, in a question to let him have the shot if he wanted.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:01 AM   #49
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

If there were, he was certain she would find them. He looked ahead, sharp eyes spotting what she had just moments before... And he poised his bow, reaching for an arrow and setting it... He took his time... breathing deep... And then he let it fly, the whir a satisfying sound... But not near so satisfying as the arrow striking his target between it's front and hind quarters. "See... I knew if I stuck with you, we'd find game."
Old 10-12-2015, 04:04 AM   #50
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Nice shot, my lord." Parissa's smile was bright. "That one's fat enough for a feast." She nodded at Thane. "We should hunt more often. Most men get so cross if I get off my horse and do something other than fly a falcon. Think Prince Bryce would let me borrow you away from your fragrant duties on the trip?"
Old 10-12-2015, 04:30 AM   #51
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose it depends on the day... Or his mood... Or whatever suits his whims at the time..."
Old 10-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #52
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She chuckled at that. "Well, I'll have to roll a die and take my chances, I guess. Just like with every other courtier." She pulled some twine out of her pouch an went over to the rabbit to bind up its legs so it could be carried.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #53
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Thane held his hand out after she bound the rabbit. "I'll hang it from my belt, your highness. It won't get in the way there." He shouldered his bow knelt beside her. "They weren't lying about game being plentiful here... Such luck so early... I wonder if they've already snagged a boar."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #54
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sniffed at that. "Perhaps. Or they found a score of stags. Spring hunting- at least it won't go to waste. Honestly, I hope they don't get a boar early. I never liked it." She handed the hare off and wound the remaining twine back into a ball to stow away. "We're probably just catching game chased out of the louder part of the woods anyway."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #55
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well... considering the party that went after it... Was it not the prince and Lord Vayth that took down the boar last time?"
Old 10-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #56
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think so?" She frowned faintly as she tried to remember. "I've never been on a boar hunt. Not an on-purpose one anyway. Once in the Sunswood we startled one... I don't think I've ever seen anything else aside from Lord Adhemar scare Alodie."
Old 10-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #57
(Lord) Thane Voldryn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It takes a certain sort of courage to willingly chase down one of those beasts..." Or a certain kind of stupidity, but so many 'Reachers took pride in it, so he usually kept his mouth shut on that score. "I'd rather stick to deer and game with less tusks... If that makes me a coward... so be it," he grinned.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:04 PM   #58
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jeharraz agreed with Bryce but by the time the men were closer to them they were chasing a cooling trail... A steep slope down to a clearing revealed a dead deer marked for dressing.

He turned to the prince. "Any chance that the princess can go out with the scouts on the road? The whole party might eat better for it."
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #59
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce was too old for this shit... But he at least tried to hide that the steep slope might have been a bit too daunting for him to consider. He stood looking down at it as if considering descending it... Were he a couple of decades younger... Hell, even one... he'd have done it without a second thought.

"Well... I'll be damned..." he said, smirking. "Think we could convince Prince Jason to consider it?"
Old 10-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #60
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Point out to him it might exhaust her into failing to slip her guards so much?" Jeharraz suggested with a raised brow. "We should go the long way. The horses will not take that hill." Which would put them further behind the damn girl but no doubt that was her point.
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, jeharraz zisemides, parissa harrowmont, thane voldryn