Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 4.03 afternoon - setting up the prince's apartments - OPEN

The first day they'd had time enough to set up Prince Bryce's bed and set out his things but not much more than the bare necessities. Today allowed for the unpacking of blankets and clothing, the necessities of writing and the texts of law and learning that must accompany a law-wright through the kingdom. So it was that Jeharraz did not get a moment alone until the day was more than half done.

Mirrormount's echoing corridors and great, chilly rooms were decorated with the wealth of an age gone by. His pace slowed as he made his way back to the prince's quarters from the marshall's borrowed office, and he let himself take in the strangness of it: peeling murals depicted legends he did not know, and gods he remembered all too keenly while statues showed fauns and wild creatures in a myriad of poses... and warriors. So many warriors. They stood nude, leaning on their shields. They knelt in honor of gods in full battle dress. They exalted over fallen monsters.

Jeharraz stopped by a mural of a young man in Asseryan armor holding up the severed, snake-haired head of a gorgon. Half the young man's shield was gone but here and there a touch of gold remained. Much like the castle as a whole...
Old 10-08-2015, 11:58 PM   #2
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

"That was always one of my favorites," Bryce said. It was not in his nature to sneak up on people. Nor was it in his nature to greet people by attempting to startle them. It was only that he'd been about to properly greet him when he noticed what he was looking at, and he could not help but to admire the piece.

"Taking in your surroundings?" he asked, his eyes still examining the mural.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jeharraz' shoulders jerked back a fraction of an inch. His posture was always erect but it took a moment of shock to test his ability to remain calm. "Mm. Yes, Highness." He half-turned to Bryce and sketched a slight bow. "A place as large as this, it is seeming to be worth my time to know the ways about it." He looked at the painting again.

"I suppose I am not meant to pity the gorgon, yet in this one I find I do. Her face is sad rather than fierce. Perhaps that is a trick of missing paint."
Old 10-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #4
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He lifted his chin as if that would help him to see it in a different light. "You're not supposed to... But it seems hard not to when you know the story... A hero of circumstance not of necessity... A villain who was more a victim than a monster... Her life was a sad one... Her death even more so."
Old 10-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #5
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It would seem necessary to slay the thing turning men to stone. Yet I would hope he felt sorrow for the deed." Jeharraz studied the gorgon's face rather than the hero's. The painter had made it true to the myth: the gorgon was fair and youthful with a rosebud mouth open in a scream. A maiden's form with snakes for hair.

"There are being few myths to tell where the monsters are so fair. Save the sphynx... that one too is supposed to be beautiful. And just as deadly as the gorgon if I am remembering it right."
Old 10-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Some myths would have it that all monsters are fair... That it is women who are true temptation, keeping men off the path they're intended to travel... Women and greed are the truest of beasts in any tale..." He looked away from the painting to Jeharraz. "But I never liked those points... It makes men seem as fools... Stupid and as easily distracted as a child who's been offered a sweet."
Old 10-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #7
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If a woman distracts a man, then the man wanted the distraction." Jeharraz' dark eyes held amusement as he glanced at the prince. "But many men are fools. Maybe that was the point of such myths."
Old 10-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce laughed. "That's not what my tutors tried to tell me. But you will find no argument from me... I have often been a fool over women... But it was hardly ever the woman to blame for it."
Old 10-11-2015, 12:30 AM   #9
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You're too modest, highness. I am sure there are many temptresses in the court, whether or not they have serpents in their hair." He grinned. "I will wish for the chance to be fool for one or two. There was not much time... before... for such splendid foolishness."
Old 10-11-2015, 12:58 AM   #10
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce chuckled. "Many, yes. But... none that I never chose to be tempted by. And wishing may well make it possible, my lord. There are enough whispers that I catch here and there about you. I dare say there's no shortage of women who would turn away a chance to commit some foolishness."
Old 10-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #11
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jeharraz' expression flickered and he shook his head. For a moment his dark eyes betrayed a deep uncertainty before he looked away. "I am hearing the poems of your niece and her ladies. I see their mummers. I am knowing this land, yes. But I knew it as a child. A man, I know the seas and battle, and the way of things in the palaces of our enemies. It makes... complications."
Old 10-11-2015, 01:45 AM   #12
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not so many as you might think," Bryce said, also recalling how many of them whispered about Vayth's son. "The young ones don't seem to think much on things such as that..."
Old 10-11-2015, 02:31 AM   #13
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"They do not, because they are young, Prince." Jeharraz nodded. "But I am not so young at heart as they. I do not want to be the reason one of them begins to think of these matters. Bedding a girl is one matter, but taking innocence from her for my own amusement... that is a line I am not liking to cross. It is hard enough, in the riots, to have seen the shadows fall over so many of them."
Old 10-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce's smile vanished, but the look in his eyes was not a sad one. "You give more consideration than many, my lord. If nothing else, you've confirmed over what I already knew. We always judge ourselves more harshly than most do..."
Old 10-11-2015, 07:13 PM   #15
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is better that way, prince." Jehr's smile returned. "The world will not surprise us so much in its harsh dealings, yes? You should not listen to me. Too many poets. Ay! I am likely talking in verses if I am not being careful." He shook his head and rolled his eyes at his own failings.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #16
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sometimes in poetry, the truest words are spoken. I find it refreshing speaking with you, my lord. I prefer verse over platitudes..."
Old 10-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #17
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My thanks, Prince." Jeharraz bowed his head in recognition of the praise. "Poetry is a new wonder for me. The west has verses and the people of the plains their spoken tales... but it tells of deeds and history. There is being little of more, ah, sentiment? It is not often considered whether matters came to be from love or hatred. Regret is not a matter to be thought of."
Old 10-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #18
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Strange. Most matters come from one or the other... It serves to contemplate that from time to time. What drives us. What makes us do what we do." He sighed. "Perhaps regret is an emotion we could do with less of... It is a weakness... But sometimes... it is one that is necessary. Regret, if learned from, makes men better. Or at least it makes them strive to be better."
Old 10-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #19
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Regret means doubt and weakness. The bright serpent strikes those who would falter." Jeharraz looked again at the sepent-hair and his eyes were sad. "I was taught to act for honor and for duty. It is not love that drives all men."
Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #20
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps not love for another," Bryce said. "Not all love is romantic love. Sometimes love means loving yourself... and knowing that upholding honor above all things is the best way to do that."
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, jeharraz zisemides