Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 4.02 afternoon, beyond the city - Well Met By Sunlight - (OPEN to court, etc)

The day dawned bright and clear; by noon the temperature was warm and a breeze rustled the pennants and banners of the small company of Mirrormount knights as they waited by the crossroads. Jacen sat at the head of the company with his squires and two boon companions. Quiet conversation ruled as they waited like men expecting a battle, if a battle for once involved talk instead of swords, silk gowns instead of armor.

Jacen was of the opinion a battle would've been easier than greeting the court out here, half a mark's ride from Mirrorfell. He glanced over his shoulder at the walls and fortress rising to the sky some distance away. The walls and upper towers of the ancient palace shimmered and shone in light, true to its name. The white-washed walls gleamed almost as much... but the clarion call of horns drew him back to the present: the king's party crested the hill before them.

To either side of the road, a few peasants had drifted into viewing distance from their fields and houses. Jacen paid them no mind, and instead waited for the king's men to ride closer before he urged his horse forward and raised an arm in greeting.

"Well met and welcome to Mirrormount, Your Grace! Mine own lord father greatly desires to be allowed the honor of gifting this court his house and horse for so long as you may wish to stay."

"And meat as well, I hope," Rothgar answered with a gracious nod.

"Aye, meat and mead and whatever thy wishes be, my king."

"A king may wish for more than man may give."

"And what man would not wish to give all to his king? No man of Mirrorfell be of such ill-tempered mettle." Jacen grinned as he spoke and Rothgar answered with a laugh.

"The bargain is struck." Rothgar lifted his arm and waved the party onward.

Jacen took the opportunity to look over at the king's son and brother and bowed his head to both of them. "The greatest princes in the land and our king besides. Long has it been since last our halls were favored with such honor."
Old 10-05-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason grinned at Jacen as he approached, but he did not speak until the discourse between his father was finished and he was addressed.

"Honored as I am glad to see you, old friend," Jason said, reaching forward to soothe Benedict by patting the side of his neck as he got a little restless.

Bryce, who had not been smiling the whole way, finally managed one as he regarded his former squire. "Greetings, Lord Jacen. We are the ones honored by such a greeting."
Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

The mountain air was crisp, but not unpleasant and the borrowed beast that she rode to Mirrormount was not terrible as it seemed to handle the terrain a lot better than hers did. They never found her horse after the storm and she felt the loss of it. Her sister's injuries, her maid dead, and her trained horse gone such was the progress so far and it was far from over.

There was not much to smile about lately and ever since Delving, Tyana seemed subdued. The exuberance was missing along with her smile as she kept pace with the King's progress and seemed to be deep in thought about something. She felt more than saw that their advance was slowing and she reined in her horse as she curiously looked towards the front at the ones that greeted the royals. Blue eyes gazed upon the dark-haired man talking to the King, Jason and Bryce taking note of his quick smile and handsome features concluded that he was probably quite popular with the ladies.

She took note of the rest that rode out with him and then gazed upon the backdrop of the whitewashed walls and the light reflecting surfaces of Mirrorfell. At least, the sense of dread did not weigh even heavier as it did in Delving, but it usually took a couple of days to truly feel a place out and apparently they would have ten here.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Parissa tried to look serene and unruffled but she tried even harder not to yawn. Her throat ached from the chill, her nose ran, and her head was starting to feel like stuffed wool. What she wanted was a nap.

She edged her horse forward once the king gave permission for the column to move ahead. A quick glance back let her catch Tyana's eyes and she managed a faint smile: Ty looked almost as unenthusiastic as Parissa felt. Maybe she needed a nap too.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:34 PM   #5
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Are you, highness? Just wait until you see the feast we've prepared. You'll be so honored we may have to roll you to your bed." Jacen's laugh was loud, his grin wide. "After all, once we're done with a war I'm told we're all meant to get fat."
Old 10-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"Is that so?" Jason said, unable to do anything but grin with the contagious exuberance that Jacen possessed. "It would seem, then, that we have much to catch up on."
Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #7
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"To catch and to marvel at. Come, Highness! Traveling's hungry work, but all the better for we need not endure on Zakkish swill. Come, your highness." He tilted his head up toward the castle. "My lady will swoon with distemper ere we delay much longer. Freya's passing eager to meet thee, and cannot endure a moment more of separation from her fair cousins... Where is little Zoe?" He glanced along the column behind Jason.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #8
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jeharraz rode close to Prince Bryce until the royals began making their greetings to the Mirrormount party, and he fell back with Voldryn and the others. Jeharraz' eyes shifted from the welcoming locals to the road and he looked behind them- open, clear... no sign of trouble. For now. Even the sky was clear, which considering the storms before Ashmark was a relief.
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, jacen mondragon, jason vellfyre, parissa harrowmont, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo