Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
Irisa Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 3.31.331 | Silverhall | A Storm is a Brewin' | Open to Mirrormount people

Despite her age, Irisa liked sitting lotus style on top of a large flat pillow with a low floor table while consulting her cards. The deck was shuffled infusing her energy into the cards. Of course, if someone was there that wished a prediction or reading from her there would be a lot more pomp. However, in the quiet of her comfortable chambers the reading of the cards were to pass the time as her mind worked itself out.

It did not take an oracle to sense that with the King's progress drawing closer to Mirrormount the occupants of the town became more excited, and nervous as each day passed by. Change was inevitable and she knew that many a woman hoped to catch the eyes of the knights and lords that were making their way to Mirrormount. It also gave her a chance to meet and read them if they wished to gain an audience with her 'abilities'.

She could never go wrong to say that trouble was also coming. It always managed to rear its ugly head only because the gods and goddesses grew bored of happy perfect lives and needed some entertainment in the form of blood, pain and especially loss.

After she felt that a sufficient amount of her energy was infused into the deck which were only handled by her, she cut the deck and began placing the cards in her own unique layout. This is what she believed was the strongest as twelve cards were placed down in a circular clockwise fashion. The deck was placed aside and she closed her eyes waving her hand across the cards laying face down in the circle to feel which card drew in the most energy as the first.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Benedar was in a mood. It was fair to say that. Just as it was fair to say he would eventually eat today... That he woke up and would sleep... and that the sun rose in the East and set in the West. Some things just were... And as he strode into the room his aunt was sitting in looking at those playing cards she said told the future, the expression he wore spoke words he didn't have to.

"Whore-son beef-witted hag-seeds... Pataseme... Are you about done with those?"
Old 10-03-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
Irisa Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Right as Benedar stormed in, Irisa turned over the Devil card and a brow arched with amusement. A secret plan about to be executed; obstinacy, aching discontent and hard work...

"Ach! As if I could get a good reading with such negativity," she exclaimed and pulled all the cards in towards the middle and into the remaining deck. Then the deck was placed upon the window sill into the sunlight to be cleansed as she gave her nephew a withering look.

"What has thou upset, sobrinho?" this time She asked as she waved her hand to encourage him to sit. "Come, come. Sit and do not hover or worse pace. I have an intolerance for those that pace about...back and forth ach...it disrupts the humors."
Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"As if you could get a good reading..." he muttered, giving her a dark look.

Still, he moved closer to sit, his eyes narrowing. "If I am wanting to pace, I shall pace. No spur-galled mulher will tell me not to... These slack-jawed fools seem to have forgotten how to make read for a royal."
Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #5
Irisa Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Eyes narrowed at her nephew hearing that was muttered. She was old and achy at times but her ears were keen.

She cackled, "How long has it been? Of course, they do not know. Forgotten? More like never knew. A tight fit with people stepping over each other. Where is Meryssa in all this? And why have thou come squawking to me of their inadequacies?"

A scowl appeared, "Thou wants something from me, eh? Well spit it out, I grow older by the moment."
Old 10-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh... Is it my turn now? I thought you hath decided to ask your questions and answer them yourself..."

He shook his head. "And what canst thou give me? Besides some flap-mouthed contrivance of some feigned future utterance from thy god? What would those cards foretell should I ask their guidance?"
Old 10-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #7
Irisa Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such a cheeky boy. Spit and vinegar," she tutted and grinned. "I do not know why I consider thou art my favorite."

She rolled her eyes, "The cards do not talk to those that speak so ill towards what I do." Then looked at him with a pointed look, "What secret plan dost thou have in preparation of the royals arrival? Such hard work and something referring to thine obstinacy all with a turn of the last card as thy negativity spilled over my cards." She sniffed not expecting him to tell her, but hoping to just stir a bit of doubt of his denial of her ability to see the future.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:14 AM   #8
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"'Tis the title..." he spoke bluntly. "Were I a second son, you wouldst care not a whit..." He reached up to stroke his beard. He had designs to have it shaved off for the Summer... The colder months were not yet over completely, but they were nearing an end and he could justify it at least.

"Cards do not talk..." he said. "The lack tongues just as those who serve me are currently lacking brains... And I speak no ill towards what you do... I spake ill, to be sure. But not to the matter of divining."
Old 10-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #9
Irisa Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The old woman rolled her eyes, "Yes, yes, perhaps." She replied, but she could not help but chuckle. He was able to get himself into such moods.

"Cards may not talk to thee, but they talk through me, sobrinho," she snapped grumpily, then waved her hand dismissively, "Yes, yes, there have been several occasions that my words of wisdom or warning has aided thee, but no matter, those that lack brains, what details still need to be handled before the court arrive? I shall help to sooth thy humors to ensure that this visit goes as smoothly as possible, yes?"
Closed Thread

Tags
benedar mondragon, irisa mondragon