Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach

Kingsreach Home to the king and his court, the 'reach is a warm and lovely landscape, where nobles love songs, chivalry, and pageantry.
Full Description .
Tal Volorro . Blacktide . Kingsport . Oldcastle . Delving .

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 3.18.31: It's not like the songs (Worthing, During Evening's Entertainment/Apiary)

She had danced and he had kissed her knuckles and it was just like the stories. But back up, homie, there was only one problem: it was Ser Worthing. But he had led her to the apiary just as he said he would, he was so trustworthy. Once outside, where the bees and honey were kept, all was dark, the stars were out and twinkling, but had it been any other night, the outdoors would have been calm but, no, there were strong winds.

Ausla could see the wooden beehouses at last and like a puppy on a leash, she grew restless and quickened her pace. “I don’t see any of the bees, Ser Worthing,” said Ausla disappointedly, once they reached the beehouses. It was likely the time of day as well as the weather. She didn’t even realise it but she was batting her eyelashes, “But thank you for asking me to dance, you are so kind…” Though she still secretly wished it had been someone else, it could have been worse. It could have been Lord Kain.
Ausla Trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The wind was a bit strong. Otherwise, the night sky filled with stars, was more to his liking than the glow of the hall. The apiary was typical, he had not expected much, but when in Honeywell ... see the bees.

The knight inclined his head toward the Lady Ausla. "They're inside the hives. If they were buzzing about, we'd be hard pressed not to get stung." Worthing commented, jerking a thumb toward the rows of beehouses. "You told me once you liked dancing. Seemed a good chance for it." He remarked, as they walked along. He noted the batting of her lashes, and was forced to grin as he looked ahead. "Bees are hard at work. They have direct purpose... but can't help but feel it's an empty existence." He scratched his jaw absently "Honey mead is terrible tasting. Never could stand the stuff."
Worthing Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Ausla blinked. “Why do you always talk about drinks?” said Ausla absent-mindedly, speaking before thinking as she bent forward to get a better look of the beehouse. But because her arm was still linked to his, she didn’t know if she could remove it unless he said so, the front of her gown somehow slipped revealing a little bit of cleavage… or what cleavage was there from her small chest. Not that Ausla noticed. The neckline was low already.

She then looked up at him, batting her eyelashes again. There was something in her eye but she didn’t want to make a scene. Still, she didn’t notice that she was doing it. “What do you mean an empty existence, Ser Worthing? They have a purpose, that’s not empty. They’re probably very happy because they have something to do. They… make honey and they multiply… and are happy.”
Old 05-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I didn't actually realize I did that." Worthing admitted. He glanced at the lady. His line of sight traveled along the slipping neckline of her gown. Even in the dim light, it left little to imagining. There was an awkward moment. The sort of moment easy to take advantage of... and to make the most of, in some other time and place. Finally, he looked off over his shoulder. The dress, the batting eyes, what kind of game was she at? He offered her incredulous brow.

"Make honey and multiply?" The knight looked back at the lady. He kept his view above neck. "That could be metaphorical... Lady Ausla." He lifted a brow. He shrugged off the awkward implication his mind had drawn. "But anyway, my point... an existence isn't a life. Just because creatures exist in a state doesn't mean they're living."
Old 05-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Ausla didn’t answer, whatever was in her eyes was truly bothering her now, she fluttered her lashes even harder. The strong winds must have thrust some dust into her eyes. What if she rubbed her eyes and became blind? Her heart began to race in fear, chest heaving. Her face flushed out of embarrassment, she had to ask him to help her but didn’t want to look like a fool. She leaned into him and stared up at him.

“Ser Worthing, I…,” she stopped, her tone was pleading.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing's brow tensed. He regarded Ausla's furious batting of lashes and her pleading. "What are you asking for exactly?" He tried to keep his tone casual, but there was a line of agitation apparent in the set of mouth. This was absolutely surreal. He moved his arm to put at least a step between himself and the lady hanging on his arm. "Lady Ausla... have you been drinking?" He gave a joyless laugh. "Because truth be told, at this point it's the only explanation for your behavior I can draw any conclusion to."

Worthing attempted to pull away from Ausla entirely. He let his gaze wander her for a moment. "Damn, that dress isn't even cut to your style." He shook his head, clearly disgusted. "What is in your head, and who put it there, that's what I'd like to know."
Old 05-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

His expression and joyless laugh terrified her; it just made her nervous, especially when he continued. Now that there was a distance between them and she had her arm back, she began fidgeting. She stepped back, causing her leg to slam against the beehouse. She casted her eyes downwards, still blinking, and replied quietly, “I didn’t drink anything… I tried to but...”

Tears began forming and, at this point, she began rubbing her eyes. “I apologise if I offended you, my lord…” She didn’t know what she was apologising for? “I wasn’t thinking, I just thought this new dress would make me beautiful and… the fault is all mine, I should have known… I just thought I could ask you to…” She looked up at him.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #8
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Worthing watched the lady back up, slamming her leg into the beehouse. "This isn't about me.. It's about him, isn't it?" The agitation left his expression, replaced with a slight frown. Of course. Why else would she have danced with him and asked to get air. Worthing rubbed his head. Damn. He was an idiot. "Lady Ausla, using me to make Ser Jayme Ascalon jealous... isn't going to work." He shook his head.

He took a lazy step forward,his expression looking weary. "Look, don't apologize." He put up a hand. "What I said was insulting,... I'm sorry." He regarded she was close to tears. "I just don't want to be part of schemes."
Old 05-30-2015, 02:19 AM   #9
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

She cowered when he stepped forward and raised his hand. She believed him to be angry; it seemed unwarranted, random even. “You hurt my feelings, I thought you were my friend…,” said Ausla quietly and burst into tears, she was feeling a bit faint and kept her eyes off Worthing. Completely off him.

He seemed to have some not so subtle vendetta against Ser Jayme and that meant two things: he was in love with Ser Jayme, Zanara’s comment from days ago playing in her mind, or he was in love with her… This was a touch too Trimerid for her liking. He was a pirate; after all, he didn’t know how to show his affections. The thought of his inability to express himself made her cry. Niagara Falls, homie.

“I’m sorry, it is my entire fault. I didn’t know… until now… it explains everything… staring… your jealousy…” Still, the one night she thought she was pretty was the one night she was insulted. “Could you step back, my lord?”
Old 05-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The damage was done she was crying now. He had hurt her. She wouldn't even look at him. He didn't just take a step back, he walked about five paces away. Hands set on his waist, he cast a glance upward, shaking his head. Damn.

He turned and looked at Ausla. "I don't know how to tell you. It doesn't sound right... I could string words forever and you still wouldn't believe me." He dropped his head, gazing at the ground. "You read my palm. You'd said it would happen. It's not your fault. It's mine." His tone was serious, serious as Worthing ever sounded, only this time it was tinged with melancholy. "Only an ignorant ass insults a lady... I've hurt you, and that is blamable beyond call."

He chewed his bottom lip. "Lady Ausla.. I need to explain something. After I've finished, you never have to speak to me again." There was a good chance she never would regardless. There was nothing else to lose. No gamble to be had. "I know I don't deserve it, after treating you this way..." He gave her an imploring look.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #11
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

This was beyond awkward and Ausla had no idea how to respond except through tears and staying quiet while he talked. She wiped her eyes and turned to him, though had trouble looking him in the face, shock making its way on her features. “Please, you can explain to me…,” she said, her voice silent. “I’m listening… I will still speak to you….” Although she didn’t know if she could carry through a promise without knowing what she was promising. Still, he sounded sad.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #12
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Batting your eyes like that, I thought you were attempting to be coy with me." He shifted his stance. Damn. This was awkward. "Then I realized 'no' that wasn't it. Because we're friends, and that is all we'll ever be." His tone was hollow.

"It isn't your fault, Lady Ausla." Worthing affirmed. "Before the war, I traveled, fought in tourneys... got into trouble... started fights..." He paused."..went whoring. In between that, I gambled away coin, ...Took women to bed...a lot." His jaw tensed. "I did all the volatile things that your favored White Knights avoid on pain of death. Because that is how most men live and die."

Worthing shook his head. "That's what I've tried to tell you. But never did." He rubbed the back of his neck, not looking at the lady. "I can't change who I am...I sold my soul long ago." He exhaled a heavy sigh. He glanced at her. "You look alluring tonight... But I can't help you win See Jayme. I'm sorry."
Old 05-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #13
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

There was some silence as she took everything he told her in, she blinked. Why was he telling her this? “I see…,” she said awkwardly, fidgeting, her heart was beating fast. Being alone, in the dark, at the apiaries with him and after his tale, she felt a little strange. “I look alluring…?” She frowned as if she had come to realise something.

She was shaking. “I didn’t plan anything… I was actually going to ask you to blow things out of my eyes because… there was something in them.” She shook her head, “but I didn’t know you wanted to… I’m sorry.” Her eyes widened in disgust, unimpressed by what her mind was going to. She stepped forward, slowly. “May I leave now, with your permission?”

Tags
ausla trunt, worthing wolfe