Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach

Kingsreach Home to the king and his court, the 'reach is a warm and lovely landscape, where nobles love songs, chivalry, and pageantry.
Full Description .
Tal Volorro . Blacktide . Kingsport . Oldcastle . Delving .

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 3.19 The Woodcutter Song (Lumberton, evening, Elinor/Ausla/open to anyone)

The journey was meant to feel like an adventure where she was eagerly bounding into the unknown but something she had eaten along the road, sometime around Honeywell, ruined everything. It had left her stomach at ill-ease and if she was not tensing and writhing in discomfort while feigning she felt otherwise, every free moment she could afford was spent with the chamber pot. By Lumberton, her stomach had settled somewhat, though the occasional pains were still very much felt, lending her the conclusion her day would be ended with a glorious surprise, not so far from a childbirth of sorts in its own right.

She found Elinor and Ausla to wander around the land of House Oakmont with her, bringing them to the far edge where there stood trees beneath the grey, sad sky. The greenery was wet and just beyond them in their walk were the thick dark oak trees, likely playing a part in the house and region’s namesake. As Raisa slowly led her friends, looking a little pale in the face, she paused to observe a long line of fiery-haired men, all dressed in similar plaid tunics, chopping wood. The woodcutters were whistling as they worked, others sung about how they were woodcutters who worked all day as they rose and swung their axes, making them thud against and cut their lumber.

"The youngest looks especially handsome," Raisa commented with a smile, even though they all looked alike in age and in every other manner as if they were all from the same mother and came all at the same time. She shrugged after a while then said nonchalantly in a bit of a boast, "but I am certain the king could chop everything much faster… and with two axes."

Last edited by Raisa Verrun; 05-27-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Raisa Verrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

The excitement of journeying was damped by weariness. It was interesting to see new places, but after Honeywell, everything looked much the same, and the road just seemed to press on forever. Reaching Lumberton, Elinor was beyond ready to roam around, stretching legs and getting air in her lungs that was not unsettled by the dust of the traveling party's movement.

She noted the pale state Raisa was in, and wondered if her friend was weary of the journey or just not finding the air suitable to her humors. Nonetheless she was happy to spend time in the company of her friends, taking in the rustic sight of Lumberton.

Elinor was doing her best to braid back her hair, and failing. She had a ribbon in her mouth she planned to tie off her braid. Giving up, with a huff, she let her blond waves fall, and took the ribbon from her mouth. Eilinor turned to Ausla. "Ausla, could you help me with my hair?" Elinor gave a passing glance to the ruddy men Raisa had pointed out. It was hard to tell one from the other... so she missed the 'handsomest' in the mass of fiery heads. "They certainly seem hard at work..." she mused watching. Then she gazed away from the sweat glazed biceps, feeling oddly warm.
Elinor Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Ausla was entirely oblivious to Raisa’s sickness and when she, with Raisa and Elinor, headed to a nearby wooded area, Ausla did not even notice that Elinor had asked for her assistance. Ausla’s eyes were on the red-haired men clad in plaid tunics chopping wood. She was wearing one of her altered dress, red in colour, the neckline was widened and Ausla didn’t even realise her white shawl was slipping downwards as she nearly lost her footing due to the complete handsome that graced her eyes.

There was one woodcutter who had his hairy chest showing and Ausla blushed. “I want to marry that one,” she said.
Ausla Trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ausla... that is not proper." Elinor chided, with mild scolding. She attempted to regather her loose waves at the nip of her neck. " Her fingers combed the tangled in her hair. She had begun the day with it styled up, but as the day wore on, the pewter hair combs had felt heavy. But now, her loose hair felt road worn, dusty and damp. She regarded her young friend's gown, her mouth slating into a pouting frown. "Are you not getting chilled?" Elinor herself wore a light traveling cloak over her journeying clothes. The shawl Ausla was carrying seemed to be in danger of dragging the dirt. Elinor wished Ausla would wrap it around herself for the sake of compensating for the low neckline of her gown.

Elinor gave Raisa a concerned look. "Are you feeling alright, Raisa?" The hammering and thudding of the axes, made almost rhythmic beat to the backdrop.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

"Oh no, I am well," Raisa said in singsong, though she felt awful and she dreaded her long night to-be with the chamberpot. She had grown tired of watching the woodcutters as they sang about themselves and chopped away. Her eyes drew towards her friends then Ausla’s shawl and without pause, she took hold of it and began wrapping around the girl, occasionally patting and pampering here and there to keep the cloth in place and to ensure Ausla’s warmth.

"I still do not quite understand why you are dressing in this manner," she confessed but it was a hypocritical enquiry granted that Raisa enjoyed lesser layers of clothes or not at all, if she could help it. She grew to easily warm which was half her reasoning. "You have such beautiful skin and hair, a pure air about you… you would have thought to use that to your advantage rather than dressing so unlike you," she brushed back the hairs that had gotten caught in the shawl before stepping back with a smile. "If you are trying to catch the attention of men, there are many ways and not all of them fall the same route."
Old 05-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Of course, Elinor and Raisa were insulting her altered dresses. The insults, the stares, it never seemed to stop. They didn’t understand anything, one was a mistress who had no right to talk and the other would never fall in love, what with how high her dress collar was and how no one could even see her toes.

Ausla rolled her eyes, whacking her hair back with her hand. “Honey, please,” she said to Elinor and Raisa. “I know what I’m doing.” She then stood saucily, attempting to attract the male attention but failing miserably because she had no idea what she was doing, purposely lowering the shawl a bit.

Last edited by Ausla Trunt; 05-28-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:00 AM   #7
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Raisa's affirming she felt well, didn't change the fact she looked pale. Elinor was worried the travel was already causing her friend undue weariness. She nodded all the same, forcing a smile.

The word 'honey' spoken from Ausla's lips merited a raised brow from Elinor. Somehow when Raisa used the endearment it sounded warm and motherly, when Ausla used it, the term sounded... silly. Elinor exchanged a long glance with Raisa. "Yes, Ausla... I think you know full well what you are doing." Elinor remarked, her tone gentler than before. "That is what makes it rather disheartening."

Elinor finally managed to tie her hair back. She watched the fiery haired men chop, then gazed toward the trees. "The woodland is lovely." she remarked, hoping to freshen the subject.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:12 PM   #8
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Ausla’s reply caused a rush of irritation and Raisa fell into a daze, brewing in her thoughts. It had only just been earlier that she had told Ziamara that all she had done for Ausla was out of love and yet no matter what only wrong came from it. She had made a fool and monster of herself for her and Ausla did not seem to understand. The frustration only aggravated her discomfort and the stress she was feeling.

"I don’t care about woodlands," Raisa answered aloofly, even though the woods were like a second home to her. The dark oak and their great size was surely a beautiful sight but it didn’t matter anymore, all Raisa was seeing now in them were bandits and rapers. "You do not know what you are doing, Ausla, but I don’t care anymore either." Raisa took the last of her words as the opportunity to trudge off on a lonely walk.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:10 PM   #9
(Lady) Ausla Trunt
demoted to extra

Before Ausla could comment on the trees, choosing to ignore Elinor’s remark, Raisa had to go off insulting her as well. It seemed no matter what she did, she would make mistakes one way or another. Ausla stared off into the green trees in the distance, attempting to hide her hurt before turning to Elinor, and she could smell the fresh reek of chopped wood and leaves in spring. “What did I do wrong?” asked Ausla, raising a brow. “Maybe she should just…” No, Ausla wouldn’t say that. “Should we follow her? She said she was ill… what if… something happens to her?”

Tags
ausla trunt, elinor vellfyre, raisa verrun