Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default 3.10 | Last Minute Details | Late Afternoon (Charlotte/Closed)

When everything that Charlotte wished to take with her to Trimeris was finally secured and packed away it looked like Tyana would be dismissed for the evening. However, there was a bit of disappointment when she was asked to stay behind and she ran through a mental check list of what she could have possible missed while trying to figure out which mask or mood the queen had on. It was like shooting dice, you never know if you will get snake eyes.

She did not have the opportunity to talk to Natalia and was ready to report that to the queen, but they all had their duties and it would seem rather suspicious to rush into these things or that was what Tyana planned to tell Charlotte...not that it would halt her disappointment in Ty. At least there was familiarity to fall back on and if the queen became her closest confidante, pigs were probably flying about freely while birds were swimming in the sea.

Trying to look presentable by pushing her hair behind her ears, Tyana then put the last of Charlotte's possessions in the assigned trunks and placed it with all the other trunks before. Then she rose and made her way to the queen's chamber, "My queen, the last of the packing has been completed. Is there anything else I can help you with before I go?"
Tyana Solvitreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
(Queen) Charlotte Vellfyre
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

The last few days had been blessedly free of rain, and thus Charlotte could stand to wear her hair in loose waves rather than tied up in braids to avoid the wreckage being constantly half-wet would wreak. She usually wore her hair in elaborate styles for the most minor of court functions but since this was mostly packing and ordering servants about, and they were short of time she neglected it for the day. The busy demeanor and simple (though still expensive) dress created a somewhat unusual appearance for the queen.

She smiled at Tyana, though she was still distracted by what she'd been doing (going over the new steward's accounting of her household's supplies for the journey). "You've been quite helpful today, Tyana. I am sorry you won't get to sample the joys of the Trimerid court. You'd have learned quite a lot from the experience, I think."

She turned to glance at the girl again. "Are you ready for your own journey?"
Charlotte Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The Solvitreo managed not to look surprised or shaken when Charlotte smiled at her, but it was easy to do due to the queen currently being distracted. Tyana attempted to not look too overjoyed that she was not to accompany Charlotte to the Trimerid court as she gave a gentle nod and averted her eyes to the floor. "I am sorry that I will lose out on the joyous learning experience, my queen, but it is my hope that I would have the honor to accompany you the next time you have a need to trek there." It was not entirely a lie, nor was it entirely the truth, but for all intents and purposes, she at least sounded genuine. There was an even mixture of regret, understanding, but not so heavily addressed for any decisions to be reversed in an attempt to make her life even more miserable.

"No, my queen," she answered rather sheepishly and then cleared her throat as she amended her earlier response, "I put your own needs ahead of mine to ensure that I did not forget any details. However, my household is not quite as extensive, so I would imagine I will be ready in time, my queen and a few lists were drawn up in preparation." Just enough confidence to sound reassuring and a smile to seal the deal.

"May I ask a question, my Queen?" She asked deciding to revisit Charlotte's earlier comment, but it was up to Charlotte if she wished to grant her the opportunity to ask to appease her curiosity.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #4
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

"We shall see," She said when Tyana mentioned accompanying her there. "Perhaps if ever Trimeris is less unsettled, your father might not begrudge my taking you."

She only nodded at the mention of Tyana's preparation but the request got the queen's gaze to return to the young brunette. "Of course you may. What is it, my dear?"
Old 08-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #5
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Charlotte’s mention of her father made Tyana wonder if it was his concerns of Trimeris that allowed her a bit of reprieve from the queen’s company or her failure to present herself as an acceptable companion in such an unsettled place. Either way, she was grateful at the opportunity and would not attempt to knock it down and instead gave another delicate nod. See, she was getting the hang of this and it seemed almost easier when she actually was making a good attempt at behaving.

“What do you look forward to upon your arrival in Trimeris?” She asked as soon as Charlotte allowed the personal question.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

Her answer was a laugh. "The delights of Trimeris are many. It has been years since last I visited their courts... but it will be most amusing to hear the singers. Lindaraxa has quite the company, gathered from Asserya and farther west. They are ever reprising the myths or expounding on tales from lands one cannot even pronounce."

Charlotte's smile was almost wistful. "It is my hope I might bring a few of her players back with me. I think it would cheer my daughters. Valencia cannot remember how to smile these days... and even Ziamara is solemn." She sighed and tucked a lock of hair back. "Would you have me bring you a gift, Tyana? I expect all of my household shall have some trinket or other."
Old 08-18-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

When Charlotte was not being such an intolerable tyrant, she was even more beautiful to behold especially when she laughed with delight and not out of derision. A pity that it was so rare, but Tyana smiled at the queen's answer. "That sounds wonderful, my queen and I do hope that you succeed in bringing a few players back." She noted the concern when both daughters were mentioned and nodded gently in understanding as if she drew the same conclusion from what was observed.

"If you believe I deserve such an honor, my queen," she replied failing to keep the surprise out of her voice, but quickly covered it up with a gentle bow of her head. No one could say she was not at least making a hearty attempt at get on Charlotte's more temperate side.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

"It's not a question of deserving, Tyana. I know you work diligently." Charlotte tilted her head and regarded the young woman. "You've come a long way since you first arrived at court. I may seem harsh from time to time... but it's because the world is harsh. You will one day be lady of a great house, and trust me when I say there will be days you shall find the idea of polishing silver a deal less tedious than negotiating with the merchants."

She sat back in her chair. "And I fear you will taste some of those trials on your journey. The Westron lords are not made of the same stuff as those of the 'Reach and 'Shores. Add in your place with Princess Alianor..." Another laugh from the queen. "Well, I do not envy you, child. My good-sister's disposition does not improve with travel."
Old 08-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #9
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She did? Tyana had the good sense not to question Charlotte, but continued with the sheepish smile and the lowered eyes while she worked through what angle the queen was playing at. Her bright eyes rose to meet the queen’s to gauge a reaction and another gentle nod, “And I am grateful for the lessons, my queen, even the harsh ones.” Her antics never got her physically punished, but Charlotte learned to go a different route by mental torment and anguish.

She believed the queen’s words, but the image stirred a memory of polishing silver, which also made her cringe a bit. At least negotiating with merchants and people in general would have been perceived as a challenge while polishing silver was just mind numbing.

Another nod was given to ensure Charlotte that Tyana was listening, but she already felt a tightening in her stomach as the topic began to quickly sour. A warning as plain as day, but should she take it as if the queen cared and actually felt a bit of concern?

“I shall be at my best behavior for the Westron lords and Princess Alianor, my queen.” She stated as humbly as she could. It was a reminder that even away from Charlotte’s presence Tyana needed to be clever and one step ahead to ensure that she did not incur the wrath of Alianor or these Westron lords. Who knows, maybe she can charm them enough to sing her praises? She laughed again as if having read Tyana’s mind and this one was not as lovely as the first. “Do you have any advice to bestow upon me, my queen?”
Old 08-20-2015, 11:47 PM   #10
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

Charlotte shook her head. "No, I don't. I've never mastered staying on Alianor's good side. The best we've come to is a sort of truce in matters of state and households. She's never quite forgiven me for not being Kylianne." The queen sighed. "Then neither have a good many other people. Do your best not to be a second wife, Tyana. Or if you are, be sure the first one wasn't well liked." She tapped a finger on the table in an idle, thoughtful gesture. "As for the lords of the West, mind your manners and bite your tongue. You'll learn more by listening than by speaking your first trip through that viper's nest. Perhaps stay close to your Harrowmont kin."
Old 08-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #11
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana felt as if she was being pulled in two different directions, but mostly being toyed with. On the one hand, it was rather refreshing to see Charlotte behaving almost human, but on the other hand it was also putting her on edge. Perhaps it was another game the queen has decided to play to test her. The woman played a mean game of it. However, the Solvitreo had it rather easy by continuing to look empathetic, but always the hesitation of getting completely pulled in. It was rather late for Charlotte to change her stripes or so Tyana thought and she went off of what she had known and not what was volunteered to her. It did not mean she did not wish to believe it or that she did not understand it. It was just sad and she went with that by presenting an unreadable mask as the Queen continued.

No one seemed happy; happiness was only what dreams were made of, but never a reality. It was perhaps why she never decided to put much stock in anyone who would later on disappoint her. It may also be why she could not love someone or give her heart to them with mere words. She was the type to put more weight upon those that value the same things she did. Maybe if she lived Charlotte’s life, she would be just as angry, vindictive and manipulative as she was. Maybe.

Her advice was sound and even though she did tend to go on a bit with chattering, it was often what she believed to be harmless. However, the Queen’s advice was sound and again she nodded without speaking as if she was already doing what Charlotte was advising her on. “Yes, my Queen,” she murmured in the affirmative.

Then to disclose further information for the subject before, she added, "If it is not too much trouble, I would like some new music sheet for the lute. Something challenging and new that all of these talented players are falling back on." Or something shiny, but at least her first answer sounded a lot more dignified.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

"I will see what can be found," Charlotte said in answer to Tyana's request. She watched the girl for a moment. "But you should remember what I asked as well, Tyana. You've not made a friend of Seyfert's daughter... and now you venture into her father's halls. I wonder at your reticence, child. It's not merely the welfare of me and mine you've left off bothering with, but your own. And your little twin. I hope you intend to keep an eye on her in Delving."
Old 08-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #13
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

With Charlotte's gaze, Tyana attempted to not feel as if she were a bug under glass, but it was difficult even if she should have been used to it by now. Here it was and she knew it would come back to hit her in the arse, but every household was getting ready to travel and social interactions were somewhat scarce.

"These things take time, my queen, but I have not forgotten. I did not wish to rush an opportunity and fail to make a steadfast connection," she explained without missing a beat. Most of it was true and she did not want to just haphazardly bump into the Seyfert girl in the hall while making a terrible first impression.

When the command was first issued, Tyana understood the weight of it, but as Charlotte leaned more heavily into it bringing herself as well as her sister into it, there was no trace of a smile upon her face. "I shall do as you requested, my queen, and because of how important it is to ensure our welfare, I wanted to bide my time for the right moment." She stood by her explanation and bit her tongue when she wanted to also throw in a dig that the queen must be rusty with attempting to make 'friends'. None of the usual softness, warmth or jocularity was present to convince Charlotte that she was capable of making a friend, but on her own terms.

Last edited by Tyana Solvitreo; 08-24-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #14
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

Charlotte's eyes narrowed slightly. "Be wary in Delving, Tyana. The punishments I mete out are sweet compared to the things Lord Seyfert is fond of. Your time there would go easier were you a favorite of his daughter. I advise you to make the opportunity to get her friendship, ere your cheeky ways land you in a freezing mountain tower for a week of starvation. The king isn't taking his army to visit his lords, and your father's power is on the sea... a long, long way from the mountains."
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #15
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Something rather witty was at the tip of her tongue, but Tyana resisted sharing it with the Queen knowing that she would not appreciate it. Instead, she looked solemn and appreciative as she bowed her head slightly while averting her eyes, "Yes, my queen. I shall do what you say and be wary while in Delving while making a friend of Natalia."

Tags
charlotte vellfyre, tyana solvitreo