Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
(Lady) Elizabeth Ambrosios
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 2.05 Evening - Siblings and Strangers (Jason, Elizabeth, open)

Although the princess would not admit it, Elizabeth rather thought Valencia was saddened to not be traveling with any of the parties leaving the palace. Elizabeth had done all she could to ease Valencia's tempers, and assuage her loneliness up in the tower, but at times she despaired that she could ever reach through her lady's angry shell. Traveling was simply out, with the child still growing steadily, and now Valencia had the added hurt of missing a nameday celebration, along with so many other small slights....right then, Elizabeth would have given just about anything to bring a smile to the princess's lips.

Sighing heavily, she carefully drew the door closed behind her as she departed Valencia's chambers, her thoughts a million miles away. The weather was temperamental in the spring, but an outdoor excursion surely couldn't be too taxing...perhaps a gift would liven her lady's spirits....or....

Getting that baby out will likely be the only thing that helps, Elizabeth thought, with another rough sigh. And that was some distance down this road, as yet. She had reached the royal quarters at this point, as it was on her path from the tower to the common areas. She had thought to ask the farrier for one of his clever iron puzzles, to while away another day for Valencia.
Elizabeth Ambrosios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason finished supper and was off to find where Elijah was. The man had gone his own way some hours ago, but now the prince was bored and desiring company. Stepping out into the corridor, he looked across to see Elizabeth and gave her a nod to show acknowledgement.

"Good evening, my lady," he said, and then turned to see if Varric had followed him out yet.
Jason Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
demoted to extra

"Your Highness," Elizabeth answered, with an automatic smile and quick curtsy. No matter how weary, she would show respect to him, not just out of fealty but because she would have done so for Rollant. It was on her mind to mention Valencia's woes, but as far as Elizabeth knew, the siblings were still estranged. So instead, she offered, "I hope that your plans are going well for the progress? You and the others shall be missed," she continued, still warmly.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He looked back at her and gave her a polite smile in turn. "I believe so. At least thus far. Though, knowing the way luck has been of late, I expect half of my belongings to catch fire for no reason..." he said, his tone a bit light. "Thank you." He paused, moving his weight to one foot before asking, "How is my sister?"
Old 06-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #5
demoted to extra

Elizabeth couldn't help the dry laugh at the idea that something else would indeed catch fire, but she smothered that, trying to remain a bit more ladylike. "Gods forbid....we're behind on spring wardrobes as it is." She noticed the slight fidget, and wondered at it before his question quelled any humor. "She's...." Elizabeth struggled with how to describe Valencia's moods in a way that wouldn't frustrate her brother. They didn't need a repeat of the holidays just because Liz was less than circumspect. "The pregnancy wears on her," she finally admitted. "I think she....dreads that she may not be able to attend her nameday celebration." Elizabeth rather thought Valencia was going to avoid it on principle, to garner sympathy, but she still had a deep soft spot for her princess and didn't like to reflect on her stubbornness.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He chuckled softly but the humor, light as it was, did dissolve a bit more as he imagined his sister sitting up in her tower. "I have to be sure to get her a gift before I depart..." he said after a moment. "Have you any idea what she might like, my lady?"
Old 06-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
demoted to extra

Elizabeth knew Valencia felt neglected, but it was a tricky thing to suggest his time might be a good gift. "Truthfully, I have been struggling with finding things that might make her smile," she admitted, ruefully. "She's been reading quite a bit, so a new book might lift her spirits. And of course, she does prefer games and small puzzles. You may even be able to combine the two, if you could find a book of puzzles." She smiled, but hesitated before continuing. She would rather have him as somewhat a friend instead of alienating him, but she served Valencia too. "She might like a visit...?" she finally suggested, steeling herself.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded to each of her suggestions and then gave Elizabeth a thoughtful look. "I have not seen her as often as I should... Every time I go, she seems in poor spirits and... it is difficult to see," he admitted. "Perhaps if I visit with a gift... I don't know... It is just..." He paused as if he realized where he was... But then shook his head. "Would you walk with me, my lady?" he asked, deciding all other plans could wait. When it came to family... they came first.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:24 AM   #9
demoted to extra

Encouraged, Elizabeth softened with a kinder smile now. "I've found that they best way to visit my lady is with a gift in hand," she offered, both joking and not. She nodded in agreement to the walk; this was an opportunity to talk with her former goodbrother that she rarely had these days. "I am at your disposal," she answered, with a bow of her head. If he offered his arm, she would take it, but her mind was on how she could help Valencia, and hopefully him as well. "I hope you will forgive me if I speak candidly....it's just that I believe she feels...that she is not attended enough."
Old 06-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Forgive you?" he asked, looking down at her curiously. "But of course, Lady Elizabeth... I would wish that you always feel comfortable speaking candidly especially as it regards to my sister. Despite... Well..." He knew she knew, but that didn't mean he wasn't ashamed to recall what'd happened. "I've only ever hoped for her happiness. I just wish I knew better how to help her along to it."
Old 06-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #11
demoted to extra

"You and I don't speak as often anymore, not since Rollant...." Elizabeth gave a small half-shrug, feeling that tremor that still, oddly, lingered. It had been three years, but sometimes, it still would be a catch in her throat, a fresh reminder that Rollant was no longer living. She would feel better if he were just....away. "It's been three years, but every once in a while it feels...new. Is that odd? But I just felt that speaking about your sister might feel presumptuous anyway. All I want is for her to be happy, too. But if there is a secret to that, I have to admit she guards it from all of us. I can only tell you what I see."
Old 06-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason cast his look away, but there was no mistaking how guilty his expression was. "I see you and I think of him..." he admitted. "You know I love my brother well... and every day I think of him. I miss him. I wish..." He shook his head, cutting himself off. "I wish I could have brought him back... And I am sorry I have been distant. But it is as you say... The wound is raw... Even after all of this time..."
Old 06-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #13
demoted to extra

"My lord," Elizabeth began, gently, her voice thick, "not once have I ever held any fault with you, most certainly not for that. I knew him but a few years, and for you, he was kin and companion all in one. I was never blind....I saw how you and he were." She smiled, fondly. "He adored you. Frankly, I should have modeled my behavior on yours, and he might have liked me better," she joked. It wasn't hard to admit that somedays, she wanted Rollant back more for his family than for herself. Their grief was still so very clear.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason looked back at her, no less guilty. He... knew he should say something but... "Rollant did not give his trust easily... It is a trait he and I share, I think," he said softly. "I do not think he disliked you... And I think time would have brought about a friendship if nothing else."
Old 06-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #15
demoted to extra

Elizabeth looked up at him, her expression open, if contemplative. This, this was something she had thought much on, although she hadn't shared it before. "He was still a good husband," she answered, quietly but with a sincerity that said she was settled with her thoughts now. "He couldn't make himself love me, no more than I could have made him, but the fact that he did try speaks volumes of the person that he was. I didn't make it easy at first, either. I had a romantic image that was unreasonable, and for a while, it blinded me to the intense and sharp-witted man he actually was. I missed out....but before he left for war, I started to see it. I got enough of a glimpse of the relationship we could have to leave some very good memories." She blinked a little at the emotion that rose up....there it was again, that sharpness like a fish hook in her throat. Perhaps it was a little regret. "The point is, he had nothing to be ashamed of in his marriage. He had a kind hand. I could not have done better in a match."
Old 06-03-2015, 11:52 PM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason's stepped slowed, and he turned to put his hand on her shoulder. "A kind and contemplative wife... One who understands much... I think he did well in his match, too," he said. "I am glad there are good memories for you... And I am certain had the gods been kinder... If they'd not taken him from us... he would have come back and seen that... And you'd have made even more. I am so sorry I he did not come back with me."
Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #17
demoted to extra

Elizabeth's smile of gratitude was there but fleeting; she knew that truthfully, she had not been a good wife at the time. Clingy, weepy, and out of her depth, that was closer to the situation, but she had learned, and had gotten better....just too little, too late. If Rollant were back, she could imagine that things would be very different, but she would simply never know. And while she appreciated his sincere words, and took them to heart deeply, this was more about Jason, and she could sense the guilt.

"There are things that are out of even a prince's control," she answered, gently. "You are a great warrior, Your Highness, and no one doubts that, but it was war, and you cannot change what the gods decree. I know that if you could have done anything more, you would have. I am sorry for you, and for your family, more than anything." She took a deep breath. "It is something I keep in mind with Princess Valencia as well....I think much of her anger comes from loneliness."
Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She holds so much inside..." Jason said, his eyes looking off into an unseen distance. "She has always done so... Even when she was younger, before we left, she was always more isolated... I always thought that's the way she wished things to be... Now I'm not sure." He frowned and began walking again. "My lady... do you ever think some distances are too far to travel?"
Old 06-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #19
demoted to extra

Elizabeth looked up at him again, as they started walking, and right then, Jason reminded her so much of her older brothers. Brave, solid men, but sometimes, so very human. "I think you never really know the distance when you start," she answered, quiet. "You've been on arduous trips that seemed easy at first, and other that were over in the blink of an eye." She had, foolishly, thought there was time to get used to her marriage, but that, too, was gone in a flash. "Perhaps....there are journeys you will be on your whole life, but they are too important to give up."
Old 06-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He was silent a moment as he took in her words, rolling them around in his mind. "You... are quite right," he said quietly. "I suppose even if I don't get to where I want to be, I'll at least be closer than I was before..." He gave a sad but encouraged sort of smile. "A book of puzzles... I... have no idea where I'd find one of those."
Old 06-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #21
demoted to extra

"You may not know how close you are, but you should keep trying anyway," Elizabeth offered, encouragingly. She gave a consoling smile in response to his sad one. "It doesn't speak well of me that I should put a prince into a poor mood, so for my sake, don't be too sad." Her smile was still there, as if hoping to cheer him. "I could look for you....I have spent a considerable amount of time looking through the wares from the book binders, here. But it was only a suggestion. If there is something more personal you could share of yourself, she may be touched." With a bit of feeling, she added, "I believe she is a puzzle, Your Highness. She wants to be understood."
Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #22
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"More contemplative than sad... You've given me much to think about. That... is not a bad thing. I am grateful for it, to be honest." His smile did warm by a few degrees. "Would that I could understand her... Sometimes I think she is so much like me... And then other times she reminds me so much of James or Ziamara... And then other times..." He hated the truth, but there were times she did remind him of their mother... "Perhaps it's that she's got a bit of all of us... plus quite a lot of other things that have made her who she was. And I lost so much time... I didn't get to see her grow the way I wish I had..."
Old 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #23
demoted to extra

"I do tend to wax philosophical, so I'm glad it was helpful this time, rather than annoying," Elizabeth replied with a rueful smile. She glanced at him again, this time a bit more assessing herself, for she agreed with him. Valencia could be very like her siblings. "You know, you might not have seen her grow, but you still have time to see who she has become. It could be that in previous times, you've treated her as you would James, or Ziamara, or even your mother," no, she did not miss the implication, "but you haven't yet treated her as Valencia. And it does take work. Trust me, I do know." Her smile widened, a little, and inwardly, she hoped she wasn't becoming too familiar or impertinent. Sometimes, she forgot where that line was, even when she meant well.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #24
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think Valencia isn't sure who Valencia is," Jason pointed out. And he understood it. How many years had he spent of his own life trying to life up to the memory of his eldest brother, dead now these seventeen years? How many times in his youth had he been envious of the brother he loved so well who always seemed closer with his father? Much as he loved Rollant, he wished he could have been more like him. And how often had he seen that much of himself in his baby sister...? Why else had she compared herself so often to Ziamara? Why else would she have resorted to such antics during the Holy Days?

"Valencia doesn't realize how much she is loved," Jason said out of nowhere. "If she did... I think she would be happier. Knowing that she has siblings who adore her... A brother who would turn the world upside down for her."
Old 06-07-2015, 10:59 PM   #25
demoted to extra

"I.." For once, Elizabeth was at a loss for words. If she could have bottled up that moment, she would have handed it over to her princess in a heartbeat, so that Valencia could see it. Elizabeth's words would never be able to convey. "Only you can tell her that," she finally said, softly. "I could speak it a thousand times, but it will never mean the same. I wish that I could convince her...."
Old 06-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #26
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason sighed, but it was not one of exasperation. More of sadness. A deep sadness that he rarely ever showed to anybody. "I have told her that," he said in a heavy voice. "I know it will take more than words... And more than gifts... I just wish I knew... I wish she could see how important she is."
Old 07-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #27
demoted to extra

"It is all I want as well." Elizabeth knew his sincerity; if only his sister could see it. Would see it. "All you can do is try, and continue to try. Your Highness, it may be that she never acknowledges it. If I am to be a loyal friend to you, I must be honest as well. She may choose to keep her hurts close, and willingly blind herself to your affection. But again....we must always try."

Tags
elizabeth ambrosios, jason vellfyre