Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
(Queen) Charlotte Vellfyre
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default 2.16 evening, Great Hall - A Nameday Feast - OPEN/ALL

Charlotte had watched the rain pour down all day but it was her daughter's nameday and so the remnants of the court were gathered. There were players and jongleurs and musicians. There were succulent roasts and stews, delicate spun sugar figurines. And all of it would be carried up in smaller portions to the princess who would not be attending because she was, apparently, too ill. Or sullen. Or Rothgar was still not done with his foul temper. The queen kept a smile on her face as she stood from her seat in the hall, turning away to take the arm of a Crownsguard and going to walk among the dancers and people gathered in the great hall. Someone had to appear happy and hospitable.
Charlotte Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:58 AM   #2
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

It was a sad gathering indeed and worse that the princess was not attending due to illness. At least, it seemed cheerful enough with the music and Tyana listened happily while subtly observing the people that came to the nameday feast. There were still a lot to be blessed with, health, food, warmth, merriment...and the cheerful list could go on.

She made sure to not catch Charlotte's eye as she watched the smiling queen deciding to go for a walk in the great hall. At least, she looked happy and hospitable...not. However, no one was stupid enough to say otherwise and thank the gods she could not read minds.

Tyana also found it necessary to weave herself into the crowd to mingle and ensure everyone's comfort knowing she needed to at least attempt to be well-behaved until Charlotte decided to retire and hopefully early. When the cat was away the mice would have more fun. Already she was on her second cup of snow-wine glad that the quarantine had finally lifted and they managed to get the feast together and looking rather marvelous despite the constraints on time, resources and the lack of a princess.
Tyana Solvitreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:27 AM   #3
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Prince Bryce had encouraged them all to attend his niece's gathering, even if the lady herself could not. So Jeharraz was attending, dressed well in dark green velvet and gold silk, his eyes sweeping through the hall as he entered. Dancing... That he avoided for the moment, choosing instead to aim his steps toward a few knights that he knew from the training yards.
Jeharraz Zisemides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:28 AM   #4
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Raisa had dragged Elinor along with her through the great hall but in the hoard, she had lost her friend at some point when she had disappeared to have another fill of her wine cup. She eventually found her way through the gathering and settled away from the dancing, where she began striking a conversation with a clumsy-looking, pimple-faced squire and eventually laughing rather loudly and red-cheeked, clutching her cup in hand. "Oh, you, you are so funny, never change," she said, slapping his arm harder than she intended once she caught air. "I want to hear more." The boy himself looked around wide-eyed like an owl and had a stunned look about his face, almost as if he had not expected anyone to find his tale so entertaining... that or he perpetually did not have his wits about him. The former seems more merciful.
Raisa Verrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Having become separated from Raisa, Elinor had moved within the hall, making polite conversation to those she passed. With her hair fashioned into braids and set loose down her back, Elinor wore a festive gown of dark blue, it would be the last time she would wear the gown for some time, as the season would soon be too warm. Her eyes scanned the hall for her friend. Gods, where was Raisa? After speaking briefly with one of Charlotte's ladies, Elinor finally spotted Raisa conversing with a youthful squire. She made her way over. "There you are Raisa. I was wondering... I must have traversed the hall twice before seeing you." she offered the squire a smile. "How do you do?" But before the lad could answer, her gaze had already wandered. How she wearied of gatherings like this.
Elinor Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce had been sitting close to Charlotte. Too close to Charlotte. But he always felt that way... And he could not help but feel some gratitude when she got up. He didn't. Keegan wasn't there. Kadreth wasn't there. Those were the two he naturally went towards once the feasting and the initial celebrations had finished... And so he was at something of a loss. Yet, he could not help but to keep his eye fixed on one person in particular, his eyes narrowing as he drank is wine slowly...
Bryce Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #7
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Rothgar sat at the high seat, drinking idly and exchanging only a few words with the vassal lord at his other side. Bryce was one more seat away and Rothgar gave his brother an inquiring look before he raised his voice to speak to him. "Bryce, try to smile. You're scaring the ladies in attendance." Rothgar himself only smirked.
Rothgar Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And if the ladies cannot understand why I do not smile, then they are too selfish for me to worry about their sensibilities in the first place, brother. Unless... you are ordering me to smile..." His voice evened a bit as he asked, "You aren't, are you?"
Old 05-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
(Lady) Leonora Voldryn
demoted to extra

It felt very strange to be celebrating her lady's nameday without her lady's presence. Of course, she'd seen Valencia much earlier in the day, snappish and irritated over everything and taking most of it out on Leonora who nonetheless delivered her duties with a smile and good wishes, adamant not to let Valencia show how annoying she found it.

She knew she was unwell and unhappy, and it was her nameday. Even Leonora was above such things.

So instead of lingering the rest of the day with the princess in an attempt to cheer her up, Leonora was free to do other things. Like go Valencia's nameday feast without her. Truth be told, she preferred that, even if after so long away, Edolene feasts seemed quite strange to her. She hadn't gone dressed to one like she expected it, opting for as Asseryan a gown as she possibly had - long and draped and heavily embroidered, a headdress of bronze and trailing ornamental chains looped crisscross against her fall of dark hair.

It had been so popular in the city-states just last summer... Now Leonora wondered what the style was, and everything she was missing. She wondered exactly where she was supposed to feel homesickness from, but Giovanni nudged her elbow and did not leave her with her thoughts for too long.
Leonora Voldryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #10
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Even if Winona did not feel in splendor - for more than one persistent reason - she saw no reason she ought to appear at the princess' feast in anything less than it.

With her mourning period for both Whitney and Leandra concluded near the beginning of Second Month, she'd returned to color again - and though Winona typically dressed in the dark hues that suited her, among the gowns she'd brought to court, there were a few punctuated by color. The one she'd chosen was red - very red, all silk and brocade, the sleeves covered in perfect, delicate embroidery all patterned in the shape of pomegranates. Jason's nameday gift to her was looped around her neck, a weight of garnets and rubies in gold. She'd left off with a veil and decided to wear her hair long and loose, part of it set in a plait to keep the front from falling over her face.

She'd had Melanie bring Warren down for a little while, since she was dead set on continuing to familiarize him with the noise and chaos of a feast. He'd be suffering through many of them once they left for the south, but after a time she did allow his nursemaid to take him back upstairs with a fond kiss to the top of his head and a farewell.

After that, Winona turned her attention to dancing, because there was no reason that she should dress so well only to be sat at a table the whole time. She moved from partner to partner, cheeks flushed and a smile she did not entirely feel crossing her features all the while.
Winona Saherazai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:15 PM   #11
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Dressed in dark silks and leather, with polished boots, Worthing sported a better groomed appearance than he had in some days. He was mostly shaved, that is, you could tell he wasn't growing a beard. The knight chose not to stray far from Princess Alianor. He has spent a good portion of the evening conversing with her, until he sensed she was growing tired of the sound of his voice. Then he sat about trying to find something of interest to eat off his plate.

He took some morbid amusement from the absence of King Rothgar's daughter, missing her own namesday, leaving others to suffer through the celebration. But then took pity upon Valcenia, recalling Jarem's praise of his wife. He tilted his cup, in a private toast, drinking to her improved health. Leaning back in his seat, he crossed his arms over his chest, and watched the hall disinterestedly.
Worthing Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #12
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar just watched his brother in silence for a couple heartbeats, his own smile remaining and his brows raising slightly. "It is my daughter's nameday. You should be glad to be merry in her honor."
Old 05-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #13
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And I am glad," Bryce said, reaching for his goblet. And then he smiled, giving his brother the widest grin he could without making it seem too false. "You know better than most that a smile is not necessarily indicative to one's gladness."
Old 05-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #14
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"And yet they are so much more pleasing that interminable scowls," Rothgar replied and raised his cup toward his brother. "Much better, Bryce."
Old 05-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #15
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce couldn't help but to laugh then. It felt strange... but it was genuine. "Anything for you, Roth. I aim to please... At least once a week."
Old 05-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #16
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona's head turned at the sound of laughter from the high table, because it was Bryce's, and she'd have known it anywhere - and because the absence of it had been more than recognized by her in all the past weeks since Whitney's death. She looked across the dance floor towards him, and there was a true smile on her face, one unhindered by the need to wear a mask over her misery.

And, would she have not been looking toward Bryce, she might have noticed the wildly careening drunken courtier woman flung far off her steps and right in Winona's direction.

She stumbled towards her, arms flailing in an attempt to keep her balance, but her foot collided with Winona's and that was enough to send her sprawling across the floor most ungracefully. A dismayed wail rose with her, and Winona stepped away in surprise.

Her dancing partner, however, immediately abandoned her side to rush to the crying, drunken woman and turned an annoyed gaze onto Winona. "Really?" he snapped, and loudly. "Did you have to trip her? I'm well aware that you put on airs, Lady Saherazai, but that was needlessly cruel."

Shocked into silence, Winona stood as the dancers around them also suddenly ceased their dancing. Still for a moment, she suddenly lifted her chin, and her voice lacked all semblance of surprise. "You will apologize to me for that ungracious accusation, ser," she said, "and to your sovereign, whose court your thoughtlessness is disrupting."
Old 05-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #17
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Raisa had opened her mouth to insist that the pimple-faced squire tell her friend his amazing tale but her attention broke when a noticeable gathering of dancers slowed and came to a stop. From where she was, Raisa could not see or hear what was happening, so with wine cup in hand and arm wrapped tightly around Elinor’s, she ventured closer. When her eyes caught Winona, her steps gravitated naturally towards her other friend. She hadn’t any idea of what was happening but judging from the air of it all, she decided to feel scandalised.

Raisa took one look at the crying, drunken woman and said a little louder than she realised, "wow, just look at her. She’s elsewhere." She took a drink from her own cup.
Raisa Verrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #18
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick had not been far when the commotion had begun... He'd mostly come for the food... and because he was part of the council so it was expected. But he had not intended to stay long, and indeed was already beginning to make a list of the people he needed to speak with before leaving... In fact, he was on his way to speak with Bryce when it happened... And with the crowd around standing so still, it was not difficult to get to her.

As he came up to it, he put his hand on the lord's shoulder, giving it a bit of a squeeze as he smiled. "That does sound like a good idea..." he said, his tone pleasant, but the warning was unmistakable in his eyes. "And then perhaps see your partner to her seat... She looks like she needs a moment to collect herself."
Warrick Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #19
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Clearly unhappy to have been called out so publicly, and unwilling to admit wrongdoing in the face of the court, the man stooping beside the woman shot an acid glance upwards to Warrick, with another to Winona to match. "I see you've other wolves to keep at your command," he spat out, giving a rough shake of his shoulder under Warrick's grip. "But that's how you are - a haughty lot who never considers apologizing for their own actions."

"That is enough," snapped Winona, but the incensed courtier hardly seemed to hear her.

"The fewer of you roaming this court in a pack, the better."

Winona's gaze went to Warrick, sharpened but outraged all the same - and then it went to Bryce.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:21 PM   #20
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick's eyes hardened, but his smile didn't vanish... At least not until he lifted his hand and struck the man hard across the head, his fist connecting right at the temple. The lord all but flew, his cry short, ending before he hit the ground with a loud clapping noise.

"Oh... Damn... I must have slipped... I am so very sorry" he said to the man's unconscious form. "I think this man's had too much to drink... I think somebody should see him to his bed..." With that, he turned to look at Winona.

"Are you all right?" he asked in a softer voice as the woman who had initially tripped burst into tears.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #21
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona, quite obviously alarmed by the sudden violence, nonetheless did not scatter at the sight of it. She merely stood in place as Warrick struck the courtier, her breath tightening like a spool inside her lungs, and she turned her head to her cousin and gave a short, nervous nod that from a distance looked quite serene.

"Yes, thank you, Warrick" she said quietly. Her eyes moved beyond Warrick to scan the rest of the great hall, and for a span of a few seconds, Winona felt quite small and annoyingly vulnerable.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #22
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar had watched the altercation with narrowed eyes. He only leaned past his guest to his brother. "Remind our lord of coin that fighting is forbidden in our hall. Then do ensure that both he and the half-dead one pay their apologies in silver."
Old 05-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #23
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

Her husband might not have deigned to rise from his seat and intervene, but his queen was already up and Charlotte swept toward the disgusting tableaux with her face a picture of scorn incarnate.

"Is my husband's hall so easily mistaken for a tavern, Lord Warrick?"
Old 05-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #24
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick turned as Charlotte approached and gave a bow. "No, your grace, it is not. My apologies for behaving so poorly."
Old 05-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #25
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

Her glare shifted from Warrick to Lady Saherazai, where her lips thinned just a little before she focused on Warrick. "Apologies for shedding blood in my husband's hall on our daughter's nameday...?" she asked, sniffing. "I expect hot-headedness in squires and men too young to know better but you did not even take your challenge outside. You've disrespected both your king and your princess in order to more speedily shield Wolfe honor. Have you been worshiping the same romances that are infecting my younger ladies, Warrick? I thought you too old for such things."
Old 05-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #26
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

Winona bowed her head, knees bending as Charlotte turned her gaze her way, but she felt a tension growing between her shoulders at the scolding.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Mostly he didn't think the man would go with him outside.

"I reacted poorly to his insult to my late cousin, your grace. It was thoughtlessly done... And you are right. I ought to have known better. I most humbly apologize for the offense, your grace... and will make amends. I swear it."
Old 05-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #28
Mommy Dearest

My Mood:

She turned on Lady Saherazai as Warrick apologized. "No word in defense of your cousin, Lady Winona? He was so quick to come to yours. Well. Perhaps you can comfort him by seeing to his hand. I am certain it must be stinging. As will your personal coffers, Warrick." She added with an acidic look at the lord of coin.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #29
(Lady) Winona Saherazai
demoted to extra

With her head still bowed, Winona only replied once addressed. "I am most deeply aggrieved that an individual of this court could ever find a need to disrupt it most disrespectfully upon Her Highnesses' nameday - especially to dishonor the memory of my kinswoman and Prince Bryce's late wife," she said, and not softly. "And I am even further grieved that he did not bide my suggestion to apologize. My lord cousin has much love for His Highness and House Vellfyre, and his removal of such insult to it was undoubtedly abrupt, but is the reaction of a man who loves well and holds with much loyalty."

Her head rose then, eyes glancing to Warrick and then to the queen - for once, a woman in the court who actually stood eye level with her. "House Saherazai will make offer to share in the coffer-price you wish to exact for your unhappiness, Your Grace."
Old 05-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #30
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce regarded his brother and looked towards the scene where his good sister had inserted himself... From where he was, he could hear a bit of it... Words here and there, but they spoke quietly... At least, most of them did...

And then, very quickly, he was frowning again. Deeply. He made a gesture to the squire behind him and whispered something in his ear, and the kid nodded and moved away from the table to go see to whatever task had been given.

"Sort of makes you miss Keegan's blustering, doesn't it?"

Tags
bryce vellfyre, charlotte vellfyre, elinor vellfyre, elizabeth ambrosios, jeharraz zisemides, kain vellfyre, leonora voldryn, luceon vikary, natalia seyfert, raisa verrun, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo, warrick wolfe, winona saherazai, worthing wolfe