Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
(Fool) Oliver Meadows
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 2.1.31: Destress (Evening, Oliver, Rothgar)

The position of a fool was ever a precarious one. He had more leeway to say what he liked, but still, he had to be careful. Especially when such events had happened about court, and especially now that he was being called to the king. The king wanted amusement, and had it been of a sexual nature, he'd have called his whore, Raisa. Rothgar wanted humor, and thus, Oliver would do his best to provide.

He walked along at the usual leisurely pace typical of him, and those on guard knew to let the fool go on in without any need for preamble or even introductions. The little man wasn't important enough for that. "Your Grace, and every other title of importance you have and so on and so forth." Pausing to give an exaggerated bow, he stood upright and smirked. "I'm far less attractive than the pretty maidens wandering about court, so if you're wanting an encounter of that kind, I can only assume you are quite into your cups to call me in here."
Oliver Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Rothgar was drinking but he wasn't drunk- far from it. He greeted Oliver's arrival with a distant smile. "Sit, Oliver. Have some wine." His deep blue eyes watched the dwarf with a studied air of interest but only slight amusement for the moment. "Most of my court are leaving and taking the girls with them. You might soon be one of the fairest flowers at this rate. Certainly one of the daintiest in some respects. How have you found my courtiers' moods of late? Tell me the antics they get up to when I'm not in front of them."
Rothgar Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:51 AM   #3
(Fool) Oliver Meadows
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He went over to help himself, and eased up into the chair nearest the king. "If I am to be the fairest flower then the remaining garden will probably be very small." A sip of wine passed his lips and went down his throat. "Your courtiers' moods? I will not mince words...they have been whiny. Very, very whiny. If they were more so, I'd have to constantly walk around drunk to forget their inane babble...I've been whined at by more men and women than I care to count."
Old 05-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"And what are their complaints, my friend? Is the silk not soft enough, or the wine too wet?" Rothgar smiled.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
(Fool) Oliver Meadows
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ah, if only that were so. Silk can never be too soft, and wine can never be too wet." He sighed, and took another sip of his wine. "The lordlings and ladies whining about how the people they fuck do not love them. I would be apt to say that the gods are not appeased, especially Milena, and is causing such chaos to fuck with people."
Old 05-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He laughed aloud. "They've all let the minstrels' love songs rot their minds. You may be right about Milena- she's finding us mortals too dull after a war. I think I've heard more yowling bout love in the last six months than I have since I was ten-and-seven myself." Rothgar took a long drink from his cup. "I will assume at least one of your sobbing moon-calves was my nephew Edric. Who else has been sick with love, Oliver? Amuse me with their misery."
Old 05-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #7
(Fool) Oliver Meadows
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Death to minstrels and poets should be your next decree," he laughed along with the king. "And you assume correctly. How he has not tripped and fallen on his own sword yet is beyond me. The pretty little Lord Ryam is another one. While I don't know who he is mooning over, he asked such questions as 'if being a eunuch was preferable' and 'if you could ever get over loving someone'." Oliver snorted. "And he actually implied that I had a chance at loving someone. I told him you'd have to be in particularly good humor to ever toss a high-born lady my way."
Old 05-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

The king looked at Oliver and his head tilted as if in thought. "I'd toss a highborn lass your direction before I offer any others to my sister's moon-mad son, so there's hope for you yet, I suspect. Hells, I would wager you could guide estates and vassals with considerably better success than he has, let alone a wife."

The king's smile had a faint edge. "Pity that Ryam didn't ask that question in my hearing. He might have found his answer by experience. He's damn lucky not to be finding out anyway. The boy would have an easier life as a eunuch."
Old 05-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
(Fool) Oliver Meadows
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then may the gods be in my favor," he said, his voice wry. The only thing he had going for him? He was a bastard son of a noble lord, though it wasn't like his father--whoever the hells he was--would be looking to claim him any time soon. Not unless he was at the end of his rope in regards to heirs. "Women are none too hard to govern, at least in my experience. I cannot speak in regards to land. All I know of land is that it's...land." Oliver shrugged a shoulder.

"And the pretty little lord Ryam might have an easier time as a eunuch whether self-imposed or not. Hopefully, it never comes to that. But you know." He smirked. "What else would the king of all Edolon like to know of his court?"
Old 05-26-2015, 06:00 PM   #10
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar only laughed. "You may know more than Edric."

His eyes lit with an idea as he considered his fool. "Everything. I would hear who is aggrieved and who is mad. There are so many courtiers these days... and so damn young. When did everyone get so young? It's half like being in a nursery all bloody day."
Old 05-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
(Fool) Oliver Meadows
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have to wonder that myself. The young are often prone to chaos." Gods, he sounded too fucking old himself. "Let's see...the Ambrosios girl is sad, Edric and Ryam are whiny, Lenore, last I heard, was fucking the pretty little Vikary boy, and your mistress and the Harrowmont girl are sleeping their way through your entire retinue. Then again, I'm disinclined to believe that one. No mere mortal could manage such a task. It would be so exhausting," he laughed.

Tags
oliver meadows, rothgar vellfyre