Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2015, 04:34 AM   #1
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 2.03 afternoon, west terrace - Kain OPEN

Kain wasn't drunk but he was not exactly clinging to sobriety. It was good clear day to sit in the far western terrace by a reflecting pool and... reflect. He couldn't talk to Kellan about this, Zee was too sick. His father was cleaning up the mess. What the fuck had he been thinking? He'd been mad with fever, that was what. Mad, stupid... same thing.

He took another drink of the kartheen brandy- the blue death. With any luck it might be effective for once. At this point maybe seeing ghosts would be more entertaining than this afternoon had been so far.
Kain Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

"Oh! I... oh..."

Elijah was not clinging to sobriety. He was foxed to hells... All of them. Every single one of them... And the intent to not be foxed anymore was not yet looming... He even carried a bottle with him. He had only left his room because it was dark... Perhaps it might have occurred to him to draw the curtains, but... it didn't... So he made a slow walk outside only to find the terrace was occupied. Normally that was not such a big deal. Terraces were meant for being walked on... Especially terraces that were by beautiful reflecting pools... But Kain had an imposing way about him that just made you feel like you'd walked into a place you weren't welcome.

He gave a look that spoke his apology for disturbing him, but as he turned to leave, his eyes caught sight of what Kain was holding... That made him pause. "Rough day?"
Elijah Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain stared at Vaughn for a moment then his expression relaxed as he decided not to get up and hit him. "Yep." A swig of brandy went down quickly. "I've got a daughter. She's off wrapping my father around her little finger or some shit. What about you? Shouldn't you be waiting on my cousin's whims?"
Old 05-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hm? No... I don't have a..." It took him a moment to process what the question really was. He grinned. "He's in a mood... Asked to be left alone for a while. I figure I'll check in sometime later... After the rum's worn off. So... your daughter's arrived then? That's good news."
Old 05-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She did. She looks like her mother. It's disturbing." He took a drink. "Jason's in a shit mood too? Good. We should all have a bad day. Share and share alike." He leaned his head back against the tree he'd commandeered. "What are you doing drinking alone? You should be seducing one of the court ladies or something."
Old 05-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #6
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Because it tastes good," Elijah answered, shrugging. "I've a lot on my mind... In a bit of shit mood myself. So yes, sharing all around." He took a sip from his bottle. "But... my mood's improved a bit now... Still, you've pulled out the blue shit... She must really take after her mother."
Old 05-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #7
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Want some? It might help." He held up the bottle for Elijah. "Sit down, Vaughn. I am already sick of looking up at you. So I have a paramour's miniature spitting image living in the apartments. What's stuck in your head?"
Old 05-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #8
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He reached for the neck of the bottle and took a seat, smirking as he took a gulp... And immediately regretted taking so much. Drunk as he was, it was still a sharp reaction. "Well... when you put it that way... my troubles seem less..." He took another drink and handed it back. "My thoughts are ever on the princess... She has kept me at a distance, but that is not what weighs heavy on my mind... I understand who she is and how she is... I just wish... there was more I could do."
Old 05-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #9
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain grimaced, guilt chewing at his gut with teeth like razors. Every time he thought of that day was the same. Every time he saw his milk-sister's eyes gloss over she cringed at something that never should have made her flinch... Every time he thought of Shiera.

"There is something you can do, Vaughn. Live. Enjoy life. Remind her the sun's still showing it's bright fucking face. Bring her back tales and triumphs. Otherwise you get drunk and she gets lost. No good done either way."
Old 05-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #10
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I do... When she allows it," he told him. "But... you should know... the sun is still showing it's bright fucking face. Your daughter may look like her mother, but she's yours... And perhaps it's just the initial meeting... The more you look on her, the more of yourself will show through. You just didn't notice it first is all."
Old 05-17-2015, 11:54 PM   #11
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, no, that part came through clear too. That made it worse. Just wait, Vaughn. You'll have one staring at you someday. Good gods-damned luck." He took the bottle and tilted it up high to drink deeply.

"She'll be a good distraction for my father. Maybe Rothgar can legitimize her and add to the collection." He shrugged. "She's just so... small. And blond. And scared of me. Not that I blame her."
Old 05-18-2015, 12:04 AM   #12
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elijah lifted his own bottle and gave him a thoughtful look. "They grow," he told him. "And of course she's scared of you... She'll probably be scared of Jason, too. And the king... and most of your kin for how huge you all are... Just wait until she sees Ser Jackson... But she'll warm to you... You just need to give her a reason to. Maybe smile more. Give her a present. I know it sounds trivial and silly, but it might warm her to you. Maybe a doll."
Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 AM   #13
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There's a doll waiting in her chambers," he muttered, with the air of an extremely uncomfortable confession. He'd have had an easier time admitting to keeping four whores in his own. "She's not scared of my father. Maybe I'd rest easier if she was scared. It would show better sense."
Old 05-18-2015, 12:43 AM   #14
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Your father has had five children of his own. He's no stranger to little ones. I'm sure he was beside himself with confusion when the twins were presented to him... You are worrying over much about it. You've already proven to be a better father than most... You cared enough to bring her here."
Old 05-18-2015, 12:51 AM   #15
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I was delirious with fever. Father was upset. It seemed like a good idea at the time." Kain sighed. "This place chews up children and spits us out... You think it's done my sweet cousins such a good turn, growing up here?"
Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 AM   #16
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's not much better growing up out there," Elijah pointed out. "At least here she will have an education... She'll never starve... If she is ill, she has some of the best magisters in the land... Perhaps it's not always the most pleasant place to live, but neither is the world."
Old 05-18-2015, 01:36 AM   #17
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Truth, friend. Who knew you had a brain behind that pretty face?" He smirked. "So, why aren't you using that pretty face to go enjoy life a bit with some lovely partner? There's a pretty widow or two about."
Old 05-18-2015, 11:52 PM   #18
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Very few people know... Let us keep that between us. Wouldn't want people to start coming to me for counsel rather than just to admire..." he said, taking another sip. "I understand most of the pretty widows have been claimed... And the ones who haven't have not been claimed for a reason."
Old 05-19-2015, 12:06 AM   #19
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There's one that's newly back," Kain said with the beginning of a wicked smile. "And that one you could use to strike a blow Jason might appreciate- if you heard of the ordeal with Lenore, no doubt... well Ryam Vikary's little sister rode through the gates yesterday." He laughed. "But that is Zee's cousin. depends on how desperate you are, I guess."
Old 05-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #20
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I... would not risk it... It's likely her father would press mine... And I'm quite hopeful about my current betrothal actually. I would not risk it for Jason's amusement... Or even my own," he said, looking down at the bottle to measure how much was left. He'd been needing a new one soon. "I'm not desperate. I'm actually quite all right..." There was only one pleasure he missed, but that was more tied to the person than the act. "But... perhaps you might consider striking the blow against Vikary?"
Old 05-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #21
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would consider it, but I'd have to get her drunk to do it." Kain drank from his bottle and followed Eli's gaze down to the one his companion held. "Here, have some of mine." He proffered the bottle to Elijah. "Carolei isn't all that fond of me... and she's not amused by scars. She likes things... perfect."
Old 05-19-2015, 01:26 AM   #22
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elijah looked up and smiled, taking the bottle with a word of thanks. "Then she definitely wouldn't be fond of me... Or any knight, really..." he said, taking a gulp right after. "It's not that bad, you know... Your scar... I understand why it bothers you, but... I mean... really... I'm not the only one here with a pretty face. It's not the scar that puts people off. Your frown is intimidating all on its own."
Old 05-19-2015, 01:33 AM   #23
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain's frown deepened to an ominous scowl "Highborn girls don't like a scar on your face. Other places? Sure. That's just proof of battle. This shit... this is proof I'm not fast enough with a sword."

He moved then, getting closer to Vaughn. "Maybe you should ask Emrello to check your eyes. You may be losing sight."
Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #24
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Elijah shook his head. "Highborn girls actually can be quite ambivalent to such things if you make them feel treasured enough," he said. "You speak as if half of your face was been ripped off... It's a scar... You're not hideous. You're not even a little unattractive because of it. Hells... you look better than most of us without even trying. If anything, the scar almost made it more fair for others to compare. And you know that's the truth, because I'm quite in the bottle currently."
Old 05-21-2015, 12:37 AM   #25
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He studied Vaughn for a moment before he grinned again and gave a bark of laughter. "Treasured? What the fuck kind of word is that? I don't want to fuck not spout poetry." He snorted at the idea. "But let's hear it: how the master Vaughn seduces a lady."
Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #26
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's the word that will get you a good fuck almost every time," he countered. "Every lady is different, but all people like to feel valued. Important. Even if it's only for a little while. Sometimes especially if it's for a little while. You can even manage to make them feel treasured without pulling out the stops with rhyme and meter."
Old 05-22-2015, 01:25 AM   #27
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He snorted again. "And how do you do that, Eli? What odes to their breasts do you have conveniently memorized? Or... wait, you've got some player paid off to sing to them whenever you're set on them?"
Old 05-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #28
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I said without that. Compliments don't have to rhyme. And... even if it is their breasts that have caught their notice, compliment them... but replace it with something else. Instead of remarking how wonderful they look, speak about the wonder of their eyes. How you'd like to touch them... How you'd like to hold them. How you want to put your lips on them... Speak of how you'd like to kiss them. It's semantics... Not lying, but... not being crude either."
Old 05-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #29
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It sounds suspiciously like lying," Kain informed his friend with a dour look. "Especially when I assure you I've never once-- all right once-- cared about a girl's eyes. And I damn sure don't think about kissing most of them. Fucking them against a wall, yes. Kissing? No." Kain took a drink and leaned back again, smirking at Eli.

"So, is that how you got Ziamara starry-eyed over you? I've seen poets and players trying that since she flowered and only one or two ever had much effect- but nothing near the way she was looking at you in the Holy Days. You do work marvelously quick, Vaughn. I should take you for a tutor."
Old 05-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #30
(Lord) Elijah Vaughn
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You don't have to care about a woman's eyes to acknowledge that they are beautiful..." he said.

But humor faded then. "I don't play games with Ziamara," Elijah said seriously. "And she is not starry-eyed over me..."

Tags
elijah vaughn, kain vellfyre