Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #1
(Lady) Elizabeth Ambrosios
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 2.09 Late morning - Me and my shadow (Elizabeth/Leonora/open)

Had the palace not been so overrun with those attempting to pack for the progress, and the merchants denied a courtly appearance during the plague, Elizabeth might have had more time to welcome the new lady-in-waiting in a genteel fashion. As it was, Leonora had to fend for herself....and, Elizabeth admitted, she seemed to do so with aplomb anyway, so it was unlikely she needed much from her fellow ladies. Still, Elizabeth knew she should have carved out some time before now to at least befriend her.

The morning duties were settled and it was a short time before Elizabeth would arrange for lunch to be brought to the princess, so she sought out Leonora.
Elizabeth Ambrosios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
(Lady) Leonora Voldryn
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Leonora floated through the halls and rooms of the royal palace like a strange ghost. Strange, because ghosts knew their surroundings intimately and Leonora was still a stranger to them. She floated here and there, stopping in some places, abandoning others, and little by little she began to learn the outward face of Vellesca. The one not hidden. There were deeper places, things, but one did not delve into those at first. That took time. That took exploration.

Since the princess seemed so little interested in her, Leonora spent most of her time being anywhere else. A solar, a library, a statue garden if the weather was not too cold (it was always too cold). She was listlessly reclining in one of the said solars when Lady Elizabeth found her. There was a silent rise of her shoulders at the appearance of the other woman. Leonora stared at her, as if expecting her to speak first.
Leonora Voldryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:13 AM   #3
demoted to extra

"There you are," Elizabeth said, with some satisfaction, as she came into the solar. The lack of greeting didn't seem to bother her; she was the least likely to stand on ceremony among her fellow ladies-in-waiting. "Bored again, my lady?" She found a spot nearby to perch. "I came to see if you would like to have a late breakfast with me, or early luncheon, or whatever you would like to call it before our afternoon duties become looming."
Old 06-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #4
(Lady) Leonora Voldryn
demoted to extra

"Your duties, maybe," said Leonora as a reply and a greeting all at once. Valencia saw her in the morning, but it was the growing pattern of the day that once the duties of the morning were seen to, the princess bid Leonora leave and did not ask her to return. She was a difficult woman, pale and unhappy, who seemingly disliked everything and everyone. Leonora was not surprised to not find her presence immediately embraced.

"Morning, afternoon, evening, night - I am passing them all in the same way here. Time is very meaningless, but I will eat with you. Are the other ladies still avoiding me, too?"
Old 06-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #5
demoted to extra

"I will happily shift some of my work to you," Elizabeth answered, with a wry smile, "but I know that's not what you mean. And they might be." She stretched out her legs a bit, toes peeking out from under the light gown. "You're new, and you are a bit of a foreigner, and had you been a man, you would have been quite exotic and sought after. But you are a woman, and therefore, much less interesting." Her grin made it into a gentle joke. "And you're a Voldryn. Does everyone speak down to you in Asseryan, too?"
Old 06-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #6
(Lady) Leonora Voldryn
demoted to extra

"Most do not realize I am not Asseryan at first," said Leonora, apparently undisturbed to have her entire identity mistaken. "Most seemed to think my father had married an Asseryan woman, and I was born there. Few remember me as a child - those I have met in court have asked me how I like Edolon and if this is my first visit here. But yes, I am a woman and not so interesting. My brother is probably more so."

She gave a shrug. Giovanni had always been a favorite, even as a child. She supposed he was especially more interesting now, part of the royal guard. "What I have learned is that most people who think their High Asseryan is good are very mistaken. I am expected to smile through it and tell them that I understand them just fine, but mostly I do not. Is High Edolene really the only thing the court here speaks?"
Old 07-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #7
demoted to extra

"Most of the court thinks they speak Asseryan too, but you've seen how well that works," Elizabeth joked. "So, by and large, yes. But you don't need to smile through it. I imagine a few would secretly delight in having a bit of drama if you belittle them for their terrible accents. Being nice is reserved for us plainer girls." She grinned, as she rose. "Come, if you will. I've asked for food to be brought to my rooms, and we can talk more there. I would like to know about your family, if you don't think it too personal an interest."

Tags
elizabeth ambrosios, leonora voldryn