Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Lenore Vellfyre

Old 04-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 1.20 early evening - and let it be - Rothgar, Bryce, Lenore (closed.)

Rothgar had sent Keegan and Melantha out, and ordered a flagon of wine before he sent someone for Lenore in her new chambers by the princess. The light in the Star Chamber was fading now, and the servants had lit the torches around the walls, making the silver-gilt stars shimmer above and the reliefs of the gods shifted in the passing breezes. The light did eerie things to the mosaic graces, muses and lesser gods that decorated the chamber's walls. A fire was lit in the hearth but this was not a place for living so the chill would creep in as the night came on but for now it was enough. The demigods' eyes flashed in the light as the doors opened and two of the Crownsguard stepped in to preceed the guest they had accompanied.
Rothgar Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Lenore stepped forward from the crownsguard, her back straight and her shoulder’s back. Her mother would have knocked her teeth out if she’d entered any other way. But there was a tired, drained, look to Lenore that hadn’t been seen since earlier this month. She hadn’t believed the rumors that Edric was seeking divorce… not until they moved into new chambers…and the announcement had been made. He’d never said a word to her about it…

Dipping into a curtsy, she dropped her gaze to the floor. “Your grace.”
Lenore Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Lady Lenore of House Vellfyre," Rothgar said by way of greeting. His voice was quiet, but there was an edge to his expression. "A Sollis no longer- are you pleased by that? I hope so, for by all accounts you went to a deal of trouble to get that wish."

His brother was remaining back across the room, silent. A quick glance at Bryce and the Rothgar focused on Lenore again.

"I've spoken with your parents. You will remain in the chambers appointed you for now. Your dower and bridegift to be returned in increments... so the world will know your honor remains. Though perhaps it has been somewhat misplaced of late, perhaps?"
Old 05-01-2015, 02:49 AM   #4
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore visibly flinched at Rothgar’s greeting; inhaling a deep breath she continued to stare at her feet feeling her uncle really wasn’t expecting an answer from her.

There was a moment when his gaze shifted to Bryce and Lenore’s gaze momentarily followed it till she saw Bryce then dropped her gaze once more to the floor.

Rothgar was focused on her again; she straightened her shoulders and nodded her head at his words. “Thank you, your grace.” She said softly, “Yes, your grace, you are absolutely right, it has been misplaced. My judgment of late has been incredibly foolish.” Lenore’s hands were clasped demurely in front of her but her nails dug deeply into her wrists. “I know it doesn't change things but I am deeply remorseful for my actions. Please, how I can make amends to you and the rest of the family for my impetuous decisions?”
Old 05-02-2015, 03:40 AM   #5
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

He stood stiff as she looked right at him, his eyes hardening and his expression turning into a stony glare... But before he could comment, she was looking down again... Which really only made him all the more impatient about her demeanor.

He almost scoffed at her words, but instead managed to only let out a breath that he knew his brother would hear...
Bryce Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:05 AM   #6
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He cast a warning look at Bryce then looked again at Lenore. "Considering the nature of certain trespasses, my lady, I suspect your question is best asked of the godsworn."

Rothgar crossed his arms as he watched Lenore, noting her fingers at her wrists. "I have never had a particular care for monitoring the amusements of my children, nor any of the rest of you: if you fill your beds with whores or hounds, it makes little difference so long as you maintain discretion. However, you decided to press your luck after your brother's very public denouncement and knowing your husband was growing suspicious. You stood before me not weeks ago, and I assured you that you needed only behave yourself... I had no intention of you lasting the year as Lady Sollis, yet you chose to force my gods-damned hand in this." The last words were all but growled.

"Not only by bedding sundry cousins but then a bloody Vikary-- and told him secrets of this family. I can only assume that you love your cousins well enough not to want them dead at Sollis hands, and thus you spoke to him so that your divorce would be forced all the sooner lest duels and honor-killings bring down half this dynasty. Quite a clever ploy, Lenore. I applaud your resourcefulness... but I wonder why in all the hells, you did not expect me to find out? Did you think me old enough to be deaf to rumors? Or just deaf to your desire to be immediately free of your unbecoming husband?"
Old 05-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce was angry with her too. She mentally sighed, she deserved it probably most of all from him. She’d put Kain in danger and after everything Bryce had been through… Kain in danger was the last thing in the world he would want. Guilt radiated from her as she broke her gaze with him.

Lenore didn’t say anything as Rothgar spoke, the only sign that she was listening was an occasional nod of her head. At the part of her not even lasting the year as Lady Sollis her head shot up and she looked at him questioningly but didn’t say anything. He continued on, speaking of bedding Vikary’s. She blinked opened her mouth and then shut it again.

The pieces of what they thought were falling into place and recognition was evident in her gaze before she shut it down and cleared her throat softly willing herself not to faint from this conversation. “It was never my intention to break Lord Sollis and my union…” She shook her head softly, “I didn’t even know that Lord Sollis was that displeased with me…” She frowned and bit her lip in thought and shook her head again. “As far as I knew, outside of the rumors of the divorce – and there are always rumors of some sort, things were as they’ve ever been between us.”

Frowning she had to bite her tongue to keep from admitting she’d not slept with a Vikary but there was something in the way Rothgar had spoken that made her close her mouth. She felt the urge to shrink and to counteract it; she straightened her back and inhaled a deep breath. “Things sort of just snowballed on me, your grace. I never intended for them to reach these proportions. I tried to fix one bad decision and ended up making two more… and of course tried to fix those two and they just keep multiplying.”

Working up the nerve she glanced at Bryce then back to Rothgar, “Which is the root of me asking how I can make amends… I would change all of this if I could but that doesn’t help the situation.”
Old 05-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"'As they've ever been' was how I wanted them to remain," Rothgar snapped. "It would have made it easy to give him a generous settlement to ease the Copplestone finances and extract you without any scandal so I could settle your hand on another of my subjects- in the south where we have need of more ties to offset the unrest that will no doubt follow as Merideens flood onto our shores. Yet you pursued affairs after your brother turned your husband into a wreck of nerves and suspicion and now I doubt I can convince even a Shoresman not to listen to the whispers." His voice rang with annoyance more than wrath, of plans upset and he made a derisive snort of sound when she spoke again.

"No, you will not make amends. I do not trust you to make amends, Lenore. You are too bright to convince me you didn't know exactly what you were doing in this ploy with Lord Vikary's son. That is why you are here, that is what cost you your marriage, your title, and your children." He finished the pronouncement by stalking forward and delivering a backhanded blow across Lenore's right cheek.

"You whispered secrets to a man that is not of our blood. You forgot who your family is and so you have lost part of it... So we must see it written in a stronger hand. Bryce will deliver the lesson tonight. Ten lashes. And if you cross my plans again, child, you will not have a back left to mark, so I suggest you spend the next little while earning my trust back."
Old 05-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #9
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce watched, unfliching, as his brother moved towards her, his eyes not even blinking when she was struck. Only when his name was said did he move, crossing the room towards where the whip lay, bending enough to pick it up and turn back. This would at least give her time to rebut if she dared... Or prepare herself.

"I would suggest you bite down on something," he said at last, his tone just as cold as his eyes. "The guards will help to hold you... but you still might want to bend over a chair."
Bryce Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #10
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Rothgar’s blow caused her head to reel backwards but she didn’t make a sound. Backhands were becoming an everyday occurrence for her. Her head dropped to stare silently at the floor as she fought the urge to reach up and touch the mark that burned on her cheek. Ten lashes. Lenore’s breath caught but she didn’t say a word just nodded her head.

At Bryce’s footsteps, Lenore glanced at him from the corner of her eyes but her throat was still closed up making it unable to say anything least it came out a squeak. Her hand rubbed her wrists absent mindedly and she glanced around the room, mentally preparing herself. A small tremor shot through her but she didn't meet his cold gaze. “Wh…where would you like me?”

Tags
bryce vellfyre, rothgar vellfyre, lenore vellfyre