Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro > Tor Vellesca

Tor Vellesca The walls of the castle protect its inhabitants and often shield its secrets as well. Built just after the Asseryan Conquest it was one of the few buildings to make it unscathed through the war and is still filled with stunning mosaics, intricate frescoes, and statues from all over Anterra.
Supplied by the aqueducts that feed the city as well, the palace hosts countless fountains and even running water in some areas and enable it to support near 2,000 inhabitants. Picture

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2015, 12:04 AM   #61
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Don't be silly," Kain said, lowering his voice and leaning in. "If my aunt takes them, they're buried in her roses, not in a dungeon." He smiled. "So the high lords are saving their most beautiful daughters for last?" His eyes swept over her. "I suppose by that rule, you would be wedded last of all."
Kain Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 AM   #62
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Tyana giggled but brought her hand to her mouth as she whispered again, “And if her roses bloom even through the winter, perhaps what you say is a possible truth.”

Instead of preening, the dark-haired girl chuckled, “I do not know if the rule will hold fast, but it seems my father has more important things on his mind than finding us husbands to marry.” Then she added with a soft sigh, “Plus, I do not want to be remembered as just another beauty. There are a lot of other traits that I hope will be remembered when I am old and wrinkled for people say that beauty fades with age.”
Tyana Solvitreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:15 AM   #63
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Beauty does fade, but some fade slower than others." He gave her a curious look. "What would you rather be remembered for, if you could name it?"
Old 05-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #64
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana hesitated and made a face as she looked about, "You will laugh and suddenly I have lost the will to say it aloud."
Old 05-28-2015, 08:51 AM   #65
(Ser) Luceon Vikary
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

The veritable howling coming out of Raisa made Luceon blink, even as he reached for the lady's cup and swapped it unceremoniously with his own. There was already a dramatic scent about the place, Charlotte's icy gaze crushing the soul out of people who dared too high. But he took that cup and smiled brightly, happy to be remembered and to have his birds considered. "Minister misses you most of all, terrible old beast that he is. I'll have to convey your love, to keep him warm as we start to dream of the progress."

As Elinor spoke, he lifted the newly pilfered cup. "Lady Elinor. You're very kind to give such a lavish gift. I haven't seen it yet, as my father's servants are often at his knee and very rarely at mine. I shall ask after it, and I have no doubt that I'll be charmed witless."

A sip from that cup, a powerful wince at its strength! Wooh!

"Now, my ladies. What was it that I missed over there just now? Is it better that I not know of it at all?" His eyes shifted between the two as he spoke, hoping to engage each.
Luceon Vikary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #66
(Ser) Worthing Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"Pity. More people should attempt to enjoy themselves as well as she manages." Worthing commented about the king's mistress. "Ahh.. I see." Worthing mused, casting a final glance at Lady Elinor. "Perhaps, Ser Luceon will fetch her some wine. That should help." Clearing his throat, he turned his attention back to Elizabeth, as she accepted his arm.

He grinned to her conceding the jest. "With your brothers, even a jest is close to the truth though. I know a hailstorm when I see one." Avoiding the larger of crowds gathered, he led the lady toward the terrace. "Has it been long since you've been home, Lady Elizabeth?" he asked, as they walked.
Worthing Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #67
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Elinor's smile held as Luceon spoke of the raptor to Raisa. She had kept Minister's feather as a bookmark. Fingering the coarse edges and soft pattern of the feather took her mind closer to flight and freedom. Elinor regarded Raisa with a patient look.

Her pale eyes wandered for a moment, and she noticed Elizabeth talking with Alianor's champion. Poor Elizabeth. Ser Worthing was one those roguish men with boyish grins. She did not even care to know how he spent his evenings when he wasn't wandering the corridors drunk. Debauchery.

"I am sorry, Ser Luceon. I hope it is not too much trouble to collect it." she answered regarding the needlework. Elinor's brow furrowed at the mention of the scene, she was still trying to make sense of it. "I cannot say for certain..." She lowered her voice to a conspirator level. "But it seemed the Lord Treasurer was drunk." Elinor lifted her brows. "I suppose the same was for the woman...and the men that was felled upon the floor." she spared a glance to Raisa. "It was so unseemly to have violence in the hall." Her head shook disapprovingly.
Elinor Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #68
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Raisa stared at the cup he had given her then rose it up to her lips curiously and drank. She made a face in disbelief before her eyes fell on Luceon suspiciously. No one drank water during such an event. "Vile fiends, disgraceful drunkards," Raisa contributed to the discussion, but she hadn’t quieted as Elinor had as she still hadn’t quite grasped the concept of what she was doing with her voice. Her throat was going to ache tomorrow. Raisa turned to discard and replace his former cup with a passing servant and downed her new wine. "To Queen Charlotte!" she toasted. "She dealt with the matter with such grace. So beautiful and so inspirational."
Raisa Verrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #69
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He tilted his head and his eyes held amusement. "A shy Solvitreo? Wonders never cease. But I promise not to laugh, my lady. Take another drink- wine gives courage, I am told."
Old 05-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #70
(Lady) Natalia Seyfert
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Natalia had watched with some amusement the scene unfold before her. Wolfe. She could do worse than a Wolfe. Too bad he was leaving... Perhaps not entirely too bad. She returned easily to the conversation she was having with Alianor, laughing modestly and complimenting her hair and dress. It was genuine, at least. Alianor was beautiful. Some might say even for her age, but that was quite true... Her age had nothing to do with it. She was just beautiful. Like all of the Vellfyres.

She did note the set of the princess' jaw when the queen had stepped forward, and after a few more words shared, she gave Natalia a farewell to, as Natalia assumed, go speak with her brothers.

That left Natalia to wander the hall... her eyes studying as thoughts raced through her head.
Natalia Seyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #71
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana smirked, "I am full of surprises, Ser and one would hope to never allow wonderment to cease."

She chuckled but continued to nurse her cup of wine, "I would like to be remembered as a sweet-tempered, sensual and intelligent woman even when beauty fails, but I would still wish for my looks to preserve despite age. Of course, I hear some men do not care for intelligent woman. It would have to be a special kind of man." Her light eyes glanced upon Kain to see if she could read his surface thoughts all the while she took another sip of wine.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #72
(Ser) Luceon Vikary
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Violence? There in the halls? Unseemly, but determined to have its day. If the wine were less potent, if the walls hadn't been shut up for as long as they had? People might have vented their spleen elsewhere. But, here they were in the celebration and feast. He reached and took Elinor's hand, gave it a fond squeeze. "No trouble. Don't think on it twice. And the Lord Treasurer..." Things had to be more complex than they were seeing. That was court!

He grinned at Raisa as she discarded his cup and went for more wine, beleaguring a servant to give her what she needed. It made him laugh, and at her toast? He released Elinor's hand and raised his cup as well. With a voice like Raisa's, people would be hearing that bon mot in no time.

"Indeed, to Queen Charlotte." he said amiably, turning his head toward the Queen to see if she'd overheard. And if so? He'd be lowering his shoulders just faintly, a sign of deference and admiration. But his voice lowered. "Lady Raisa. You've got your singing voice on..."
Luceon Vikary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #73
(Lady) Raisa Verrun
demoted to extra

Raisa leaned in as if to hear him better. "I have not yet begun singing," she answered noisily again, her tone serious but the staid air did not last when her eyes stared at his clothes in the manner of someone who had only just noticed them. "That’s a beautiful colour," she blinked, reaching out to rub his shoulder. "Woah, the fabric."
Raisa Verrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #74
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Elinor accepted Luceon's comfort with a faint smile. She appreciated his efforts to ease her mind. Luceon's thoughtfulness did him a good credit. She was however relieved, when he let go of her hand, because even in company of crowds, the gesture could easily be misunderstood... She felt a sense of panic.
Elinor reached and took a goblet of wine from a passing servant carrying a tray. Her eyes widened slightly at Raisa's sudden toast to Charlotte. "Yes. To The Queen." she took a dainty sip.

She caught Luceon's quiet words to Raisa, her own expression showing slight concern. "Raisa... perhaps, singing later? You would not wish to offend the musicians by stealing their attention." Elinor shoot Luceon a glance of understanding. Then Raisa started petting his clothes. Elinor took another sip of wine. "Ser Luceon, will you be going on The Progress?" Elinor asked rather loudly, as if trying to distract from Raisa's behavior.
Elinor Vellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bryce vellfyre, charlotte vellfyre, elinor vellfyre, elizabeth ambrosios, jeharraz zisemides, kain vellfyre, leonora voldryn, luceon vikary, natalia seyfert, raisa verrun, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo, warrick wolfe, winona saherazai, worthing wolfe