Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Southshores > Fairgrove

Fairgrove A town of 3,958, ruled by a lesser branch of House Solvitreo and treated as Lord Solvitreo's summer retreat. Fairgrove is named for its citrus groves and located along the Godswash, a main transit route from the mountains to the Tal Solarii port.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 AM   #1
The Oracles
the gods mods speak

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb 5.04 evening - Welcome Feast - EVERYONE

The clear, balmy day faded to a warm and tranquil twilight. Solgarten Castle's torches and tapers blazed with light to welcome the king on his first night. Players and minstrels, troubadours and tumblers all paraded along the garden paths and jangled in the courtyards beneath banners of half a hundred houses from across the Shores as well as some from just across the 'Ridge borders.

Rothgar sat at the high table beside Khorane and Diana, with other Vellfyres and Solvitreos arrayed along on either side. With some crowding, the dancing was put out onto the terrace with the musicians so that Shoresmen could make their greetings to their king and ask for audience later if they desired.

Among the Shoresment were of course many and more Merideens who'd trekked from the south or sailed up the Godswash from Tal Solarii to likewise make their cases known. Asking aid, appointments, land... or simply offering gifts in hopes of later remembrance. Some gave silks dyed exotic, hard-to-find colors; others gave jewelry or perfume or precious carved woods or ivory. Some gave bits of armor, or costly Merideen steel blades. And then a few brought exotic animals to be presented in Khorane's great games. One quite desperate lordling, whose stiff velvets looked rather threadbare even offered up the lives of some thieves who'd beset the party on the road. He was given the king's attention for several minutes to tell his tale, and in the end left with a bag of silver for the bounties, much to the shock of a few other of his countrymen.

/////////////
High Table:
Kyel/Melantha/Bryce/Parissa/Jason/Alianor/Rothgar/Khorane/Diana/Jayr/Tyana/Gabriel/Judith

Other Tables:
No set seating chart, it's crowded and people are moving around and the food's being served in a casual Merideen/Old Asseryan fashion meaning servants are carrying around trays perpetually rather than in courses (tradition in Merideen households without a full staff of astrologers to tell you ow to seat/serve everyone at a given event).

((ooc: usual rules apply: no posting order, and you can either play out convos/dances here or make separate threads for them so long as you put 'during feast' in the tag line and remember that just because it's a separate thread doesn't make it a separate room unless you move into one so everybody else gets free rein to overhear/interrupt/step on feet/etc))
Old 06-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Due to the presence of so many of her Shore kin and Merideen nobles, Melantha had dressed rather sumptuously, and was grateful her better veils had been repaired in time for the feast. However, her mind was unusually not on the politics floating about them, nor on the tidbits of news that the Merideens had brought in their haste to flee the country. No, she was still dwelling on the latest report on her son's progress, with mixed feelings of gratitude that he lived and was recuperating, and that he was still quite bedridden. Picking at her food more than eating it, Melantha managed to keep up a steady if not lively conversation with Kyel, before she turned to Bryce.

"I understand you received a letter from your daughter, finally," she murmured. She might have asked him at a different time than the feast, but it was almost more private here, given that they had been endlessly surrounded by courtiers, petitioners, and servants in the too-crowded keeps to date. There was a lot of news coming in quickly to process, and war in Meridiez was just one part.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce had been caught in the middle of chewing, and he turned when he heard Melantha's voice, louder in volume than before which told him she was faced his way. He reached for his cup of wine to wash down the rest of his food, but paused part way to his lips, his expression sharpening. Not from anger. But something else.

He brought the cup to his lips and drank, licking his lips as he set it back down, and he looked ahead as if to say nothing was amiss at their end of the table. But then, "My daughter is at the mercy of a mad prince and a country that is splitting at the seams. She may well be dead now for all I know, but I fear writing a letter to even inquire after her well-being may do more harm to her than good. I am cut off from her. In every way." He reached for the cup again. "How is your son?"
Old 06-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #4
demoted to extra

Melantha's gaze dropped to her plate, her expression drawn in a way that was unlike her. "I had hoped there was better news," she admitted, "about Ros." She finally left the food alone, reaching for her own wine but didn't bring it to her lips. "My son is still alive, last I heard. Confined to his bed yet, but the magisters now use the word 'when' instead of 'if' when they write to me. I do not know much about his state other than that, but...it is more than I expected, when we were on the road and he bled beneath my hands." Her breath stirred the veil as she sighed. "A heartbreaking thing, to have children."
Old 06-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #5
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No. It is heartbreaking to lose them..." he said, looking down the table. "Too many of us in this room know that pain. To have watched them grow only to witness the dark one's grasp pull them from you." It was one thing to lose a son to war, another to lose a daughter to plague. "Kalden is strong like his father and his mother. I never doubted he would win this fight. I fully expect him to be causing all sorts of trouble come the holy days."
Old 06-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #6
demoted to extra

"Kalden could indeed start trouble from a sickbed," Melantha admitted, with a bit more color to her voice. "But he won't be celebrating the holy days with us. Perhaps their conclusion, if I am so lucky." There was a trace of a smile there, but she was too superstitious to predict a better outcome than that.

"I expect that Damiata and Valisa have reached Tal Volorro by now, and likely your cousin has received my letter about his new dowry-holder in our household." It could have been bitter, but instead Melantha only sounded dryly amused. "I wonder what he is thinking right now." Gods, she missed Keegan on this progress. Normally, it would have been of little consequence, given that they had been separated many a time before, including for war. But this felt more acute.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #7
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His expression remained inscrutable as she mentioned Valisa. It was no secret that Bryce and the girl had not gotten off to the best of starts, but what was not as commonly known was why that was. "I am certain he will welcome her in a way that only he can," he grinned. "I give it a day before he starts yelling at her like the others."
Old 06-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
demoted to extra

"I gave him the best warning I could." Melantha rolled her eyes slightly. "I'm expecting that he's purchased her a pony by this point, and gods preserve her if she doesn't know how to ride it well."
Old 06-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #9
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He laughed, glad for a bit of levity now. "The girl is a bit old for a pony. Maybe he'll start small and just give her a dog?"
Old 06-07-2016, 09:59 PM   #10
demoted to extra

"And when have you ever known my husband to start with something small?" Melantha observed, warmed by his laughter. She had started out poorly with him; hopefully she could make up for that. "Mark you, it will be a thrice-damned horse, and then he'll buy something equally ridiculous for the rest of us so we don't look less indulged."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:24 PM   #11
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fair point," he agreed, nodding, his expression finally giving to one of humor. "You know your husband well. Keegan is lucky to have a woman such as you. I hope he knows that."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #12
demoted to extra

"He does, sometimes," Melantha answered with a smile, inclining her head to show that she appreciated the compliment. "It helps that I try not to ask of him what he cannot give, and instead accept what he can."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #13
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He smiled and his eyes searched the hall, smiling when they fell upon a particular woman. "Takes a special woman to accept the limitations of their husband. I am glad for the match, my lady. My cousin is at his best when you are at his side. I imagine the distance has been hard on him... And I imagine it has not been easy for you either."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #14
demoted to extra

Her eyes followed to where his gaze went, and she smiled a little knowingly, but did not comment on that. "It is unusual for us to be this long apart, other than the war, but I trust that he is resilient. And certainly not lonely," she added, dryly, as she took a sip of her wine. "But yes, I miss him quite a bit. I realize at times like this how much I rely on his strength when we have ill tidings."
Old 06-07-2016, 11:06 PM   #15
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He turned to look at her again. "He will be with you again ere long, Melly."
Old 06-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #16
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Tyana was dressed exquisitely in a new gown that seemed to take some fashion lines from the ‘Ridge and the ‘Shore. It was different enough for her to stand out, but not too loud and ostentatious as most of the fashion led towards. It was an attempt at sort of a unity of styles. Again, her hair was piled high with intricate details, it was at least one thing her girl managed to do rather well and dressed in scarlet, there was a crown of deep red and yellow roses tucked into her hair along with a bejeweled hair pin keeping everything in place.

Her eyes were darkened with kohl and a veil of deep gold was worn with red lips hidden behind the golden sheen. It was good to be home. Well, she was not actually home, but it felt familiar having spent most of her summers here to escape the heat of Tal Solarii. It was the smells, the people, the food and the atmosphere that she remembered and loved the most. There was warmth in all things while everywhere they have went it was cold, wet and rather unpleasant. The thoughts of cold mud crept into her mind and she gave a tiny shudder and looked to her left.

“Lord Drake, it is always a pleasure to see you again. You are looking quite well,” she greeted him with a familial friendliness.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #17
Gabriel Drake
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gabriel's thoughts were leagues away. Many and few. At once. Orsino was set to arrive shortly, having taken longer for reasons he didn't share with his cousin because why would he. All he did was assure Gabriel he would be in time for their meeting with the king. He scowled. That man believed he could get away with everything. And often, it seemed like he did.

He noticed the shudder beside him and turned his head to look down at Tyana. Even seated, he towered over most people, and she was definitely no exception. He looked down at his body, clad in black from head to toe with accents of gold and yellow in the thread and buttons. He smiled and looked back at her. "You honor me, Lady Tyana. Thank you." He would offer a compliment in turn, but so soon after one given seemed trite, in his opinion. "It seems so long ago that I last saw you. Have you enjoyed your time in Kingsreach?"
Old 06-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #18
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I believe I have met quite a few people despite the crush of courtiers found at the King's court, but it has been a learning experience to say the least," she murmured leaning towards Gabriel in a warm engaging manner.

"Have you seen my father recently? I do hope Bel has been taking care of him." She asked with a curious concern. Her tone held no guile, but just a sad concern for her livelihood, but also to know that he is faring well. You know how stubborn he gets. Words that would not be shared to readily only lingered unsaid in her mind.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #19
demoted to extra

Melantha softened, as she usually did when he or Rothgar used the nickname. "Yes, we will be together again soon enough, and within a week's time I am sure I will be pining for the road when he has tested my patience once more." Her smile colored the words with affection. "But that's some time from now. We've another month or two at least in Southshores alone."
Old 06-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #20
Gabriel Drake
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A learning experience? A diplomatic way of saying things were not what she expected and she was disappointed to find it so. He didn't blame her. Court was a snake pit. In some ways, fighting in an arena seemed just as treacherous. Maybe less.

"I have. In my position, I find myself in Solarii quite often, my lady. Your lord father is well. If the credit is to be your sisters, then she is deserving of much."
Old 06-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #21
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is not easy being wed to a Vellfyre," he laughed. "If I had a coin for every time Whitney pined for Blacktide after a row with me, our treasury would be set for the next three generations of kings."
Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #22
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

At the mention of her father doing well, she gave a brilliant smile with relief. At least he has his health. She chuckled as she said teasingly, “It used to be a group effort, my lord to ensure that he is allowing the Maester and healers to look after him.” A lot of guilt trips, pleading and the like, but it were all out of amusement, concern and love for their patriarch.

In the middle of a feast was really not the place to ask him how his father’s dealing with one of his children burning down a building in Delving and so she bumped Jayr playfully so glad that he was sitting next to her. “And how has the sea been? I feel as if it has been quite a long time since I have laid my eyes on its beauty,” she asked wondering what the hells was wrong with her, she was usually better at conversing with people even those that did not wish to speak.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #23
Gabriel Drake
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was hard to tell who she was directing that to, but he assumed it was a question thrown out for either to answer. He looked over her head at her brother. The more talkative of the two Solvitreo sons, but not by much in his estimation. At least he wasn't prone to speaking in verse or retreating into dark rooms to write about his deep, dark soul or whatever bullshit poets did.

"The sea is as beautiful as it ever was, my lady. As is the spire."
Old 06-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #24
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"How is your brother doing?" She asked having heard that he had fallen ill while the twins were at court.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #25
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Jayr snorted, softly, under his breath. Gods above, she needed to quit sounding so forced and just let the conversation flow naturally. It may not have been obvious to the Drake, but everything was obvious to Jayr. He often caught on to the subtle aspects, unfortunately for his sisters. "Our dear lord father has often had his own ideas about his well-being, which, at times, do not include traditional methods." He raised his brows at Gabriel. "No one of late has made you wish to throw yourself into the sea? I'm impressed, my lord. Truly."
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, gabriel drake, jayr solvitreo, melantha vellfyre, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo