Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 5.02 early morning - Here We Go Again - OPEN

Rainclouds darkened the morning horizon, promising a gloomy, damp day upon the barges. But it was not yet here, and that was something. Rothgar ignored the calling rain crows and rested his hand upon the saddle, his face a stony mask to hide the ache in his arm from the thief's blade. Healing took a bloody lot longer these days.

He held his arm carefully as he dismounted to hand the reins over to his squire. The horses would take some time to catch up to the rest of them along the river, but there was no great battle awaiting so he would not be risking costly war chargers and journey horses on the river where one might spook and drown the rest. There'd be enough of that to deal with on the seas north from Solarii...

And there was business awaiting at Mallowkeep. Best to be off. He waved to Kain, signalling for the household to begin getting on its way. They'd waited long enough. Rain or not, they'd be embarking.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The weather was wretched, still. Usually keen on regular movement, the Princess had forbidden her ladies their morning walks and confined them to quarters in recent days where the air was at least good enough not to risk them falling ill. They were pleased, then, despite the threatening rain and early hour to be milling about amongst the litters and horses, gossiping as those fit to ride mounted with the help of the grooms.

She clicked her cane on the floor and Nora came running, followed by a groom who swung open the door to a painted litter for them to enter, exclaiming in disgust as she sat upon cushions she realised to be damp. Apologies were made by the servants and she waved her hand dismissively as fresh were brought, allowing her maid-in-waiting to change them with her usual good humour as she waited impatiently, casting her eye towards her brother, who sported a stoic look she knew well.

The truth was, of course, that the events of recent attacks and illnesses had taken their toll on the Princess. She had been injured, unable to walk, and that was not to mention other ailments that threatened with the onset of her advancing age. For her, it was acceptable - even preferable - to sport a cane (jewelled, of course) and use the increased attention to her advantage. But for the King, she knew, this was not an option. He had no choice but to appear ever strong, ever virilant, and the gods forbid that any sign of weakness should be something their rivals may take advantage of.

The groom bade her enter the litter with a bow and the Princess did so, settling in for the journey. Nora took out a heavy book to read but her mistress shook her head for now, preferring the quiet of the morning as she pulled back the curtain to gaze out of the latticed window. The signal was given and soon the entire company would fall into a pace, but Alianor had other things on her mind.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #3
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

The castle had access to the river, but not wide enough. A few courtiers at a time would be able to load into the boats and considering their recent troubles, the king didn't relish asking for an ambush, even in friendly territory. Nor did he particularly want to listen to the women if someone's trunks went over the side of the narrow jetty. So, they wended their way down through the town to use the merchant docks.

He did not bother to make a lengthy farewell with House Carolin. While he had showered their bannermen, and especially Hunter of Grey Glenn with boons and honors for their good service to the royal retinue after the attack, he had less warmth for the mistress of Moonspire. A good thing she was Attericus' problem. His favor to them was but one: giving Guillermo Carolin a place in Jason's household. The boy was Titus' heir and considering that Lord Carolin continued dallying about and refusing to name an heir, it took no great imagination to predict Guillermo might well rule the lands one day. He'd need allies beyond the river folk if that happened--Nerios and his son Elric looked well poised to wrest control from Titus once Alayna died.

All of that occupied Rothgar's thoughts until they arrived. He abandoned his horse again, yelling at a steward's mishandling of this or that before tiring of the game. Alianor's litter was close to his household in the line of conveyances. He ambled over, calling out before he got too close:

"I hope you're still dressed in there, Allie. And awake. You'll sail with me. Let the children have their own amusements on board. They get so damned sullen when I pitch their racket-making musicians overboard."

All right that was mostly Ziamara, but Jason's household was now a riot of half-grown brats and their pets, and thus to be given wide berth when confined to the barges. Time Jason learned patience. Rothgar was too old for it.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

"Well, I thought now I'm away from my most recent obligation of sociability I might let loose," she replied, sliding open the latticed window of the litter with a loud thunk to address her brother. "And good, but I warn you, I won't walk a single pace more than necessary. Have them board with the litter if they can manage it without tossing us over the edge. I didn't add this to my expenses for nothing." She gestured to her maid after a nervous look with a roll of her eyes, and watched as Nora climbed out to take her place walking instead.

"I hope they're all ready in good time. Previous and future jublitations are not excuse for tardiness," she continued, the corner of her mouth twitching.

"In all seriousness, I bid we go quickly before the rains start again, it's treacherous out here. How long on the barges, depending on the weather?"
Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 AM   #5
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He raised a brow and tilted his head to survey the litter. "I could just order a few logs affixed to the side and let you float to Solarii under your own power." He laughed. "Just remind them not to load you with the rest of the cargo, hm? I'm not fishing you out of the hold because you fell asleep waiting."

Rothgar shrugged his good shoulder. "If they're late, I'll blame Jason. He's lord commander, he best learn to command servants as well as armies." The king frowned back toward the rest of the line. "Most of us will be on the river before the rain gets to us. The river's running fast, we should be to Mallowkeep by this evening. Lord Wendwater will feast us well, though dry quarters will be tight as hell."
Old 06-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Alianor snorted, "I see the weather hasn't dampened your glib spirit. Indeed, let me float across the river. And then perhaps the litter with grow wings and fly me back to the palace. If only." She surveyed her brother carefully for a moment, taking a glance over the crowd of assembles courtiers and servants.

"Jason will learn, in time. Perhaps those more responsible in his household can lead by example and thus your influence will be felt indirectly. Or else time will smooth those rough edges, as it does for all of us."
Old 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM   #7
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He shot his sister a look. "Who's responsible in that household? He just beheaded the only half-trained lord of the chamber in his retinue, Kalden's still in Grey Glenn... Corvus' cock, I'm going to have to do something about that too, aren't I? Fates forbid he take anyone into his confidence save Vayth and Vaughn. I suppose that's what I could do with the Solvitreo lad. He likes the sisters well enough." Rothgar blew out a furious breath.

"He's past thirty, Ali. If he was going to learn, he'd know by now. VELASCO!" He turned, yelling for his own lord-of-the-chamber, hovering not too far away. "Go deal with loading Jason's household. If he whinges, tell him to come to me."

He smiled at his sister. "There. Be on the look out for someone to force into Jason's confidence. If he doesn't learn to make friends, how is he going to rule a kingdom?"
Old 06-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #8
Alianor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

She tapped her chin thoughtfully, "Perhaps it's time I had a word with the boy, then. Gods know his mother won't be the one to teach him how to run a household, and I know how boys can be with their fathers. All boys," she noted, "Not just Jason. I'm certain he does not plan his disorganisation solely to spite you, dear brother. And you were born for this, Jason has led much of his life believing James was the one for this kind of life, not he. But still. I will talk to him, at some point... I've been meaning to talk to him about household matters for some time. Perhaps I can even foist some of my more responsible servants onto him. See what happens."
Old 06-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #9
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"He's been my heir since he was ten, for Maia's sake!" Rothgar grunted and leaned against the side of Alianor's litter. "Well, do what you can. I suppose if the Harrowmont chit doesn't prove herself with this babe, I'll see what of your servants might make a half-decent queen since that's the only way his damn house will ever get put to rights. Mayhaps a steward will inherit my realm as well, eh? And you wonder why I drink."
Closed Thread

Tags
alianor vellfyre, rothgar vellfyre