Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 5.01 noon - Dark and Dread - OPEN

The packing was well underway, and they would sail down the river come morning. Parissa stood on the walls of Moonspire, facing the Godswash below, and willing the sickening dread to leave. Her face was pale, dark circles beneath her eyes. She'd not slept well the night before, nor the one before that. The closer they got to sailing on this stupid river, the more nightmares reared their heads. Cold water, dark and light in meaningless patterns, a current driving onward.

On the same route, in the same time of the year. She remembered a maid's hand on hers and then gone... This trip had been so much the same. A friend dying to a thief's greed, storm and fear and loss. Now this monster river, swollen with spring rains and melting snow... Last time, she's been a child. The barge had slammed into something and the world ended. Until Alaric an Julian pulled them out, choking and gasping like half-frozen fish. She'd been bundled up with Jonathor and spent the next gods-knew-how-long stuck near fires until the magister was assured they'd survive...

She put her hand on her stomach. At least the baby would't have any of these wretched memories? Perhaps it was a girl. They said you'd be more bold if you carried a boy and Parissa didn't feel the slightest bit bolder. She'd managed to explain away her sleeplessness so far--upset tummy, too much wine, any excuse that came to mind. But Jason wouldn't buy it forever. She wasn't even sure he believed her now, but he hadn't pressed the issue.

They'd told the king, and she knew the rumors would be sweeping through from her own retinue if they weren't already... Tonight at the leave-taking her father said he'd present her with a gift. So, soon the whole kingdom was going to know. Eight months wed--they'd expected her to catch in the first month, and give them all an heir by now. But this was better than a year. Unless it was a girl...

She stared down at the horrible water and wiped her cheek, ignoring a funny look from the Crownsguard beside her.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Anxiety regarding the upcoming leg of their journey had sadly taken root deep within the crown prince. It was a condition not entirely unique to the women of the court, but as the women of the court seemed to be wearing it like a death shroud, he had no choice but to bury it deep inside so that nobody could see it. His wife, in particular, did not need to see how worried he was now. Part of him knew the concern took shape because she carried their child, and the last thing she needed was to complicate her humors with fear... But how could he take that away from her when, so far, every fear she had seemed to be valid? Almost every stop and every step seemed to be plagued with misfortune. Even he had come close to death this progress. How, then, could he comfort her? With promises he couldn't keep and platitude that meant less now than they would have a month ago? No. She was smarter than that. She knew better than he did how dangerous the next part could be.

He'd spent the morning with his uncle in deep discussion over private matters, but now the sun was high in the center of the sky, he left to find his wife, surprised to find her along the wall looking out over the horizon. He approached slowly so he wouldn't startle her, and he whispered her name as his gloved hand came out to cover hers.

"You don't get views like this in Summerhall," he mused, looking down. "Yet, I miss it so. I cannot wait to be home. To make it our home." He turned his body to face hers and his hand slipped from hers to cover her stomach. "How are you feeling, my love?"
Old 05-30-2016, 01:40 AM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

One of these days he would startle her into a fainting fit. Parissa's back straightened, her shoulders tensing. She managed a smile anyway. "Well enough, my prince." She turned to him as his hand covered her stomach. "The babe won't quicken any faster, even for a prince."

Parissa took a breath. "How was your uncle?" Likely cautioning him she wasn't fit to carry the baby-boy or girl. Probably wanting one of her Solvitreo cousins or a 'Reach girl to take her place... "I hope he is not taking up Lady Melantha's case. I still do want to seek some new tapestries in Solarii. Summerhall's are lovely but... the queen's chamber..." She let that drift off. She didn't like Charlotte's things, and she'd been using it as an excuse not to use her actual given chambers in their palace. Most of her wedding things were fitted to Tor Vellesca, and though she didn't mind dragging some of it back and forth, living in her Summerhall chambers when they looked like her pavilion...?

"We'll need new things for the baby's household. So much of your mother's nursery was given away as gifts the last few years..." As close as she wanted to get to reminding a Vellfyre that the Crown's finances hadn't been entirely strong the last few years. Though maybe someone would remind Bryce and the others. she was the one bringing in a massive dower to counteract the loss of Rosina's and Valencia's. "But I don't want to buy it there. I can invite some merchants north, to Kingsport. Perhaps that might please your sister, too?"
Old 06-03-2016, 12:33 AM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Bryce is well. He is recovering," he told her. In a mood, but then Jason didn't blame him. He hated being injured, too. Hated being confined to one place for most of the day for fear that wounds would reopen. At least nothing had broken.

He reached for her hand and brushed his thumb over her fingers, a weary smile forming. "They are your chambers now, love. Personally... I'd be fine if you burned everything within and started with bare stone and wood. But, that's probably more to do with my inability to be patient and do things slowly," he said, grin growing.

"I think that'd be a fine idea. I... suppose we'll also need to consider a nurse as well. Unless you have somebody in mind, we could enlist the help of my sister." It was a far cry from what Ziamara was used to, but it was something to do at least.

He lifted her hand to his lips and moved a little closer to her. "Are you well, my love? You seem far away. Anything I can do to bring you back to me?"
Old 06-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Your house is well-named, my prince." Parissa laughed, her fingers squeezing around his.

"I wished to discuss the matter with Aunt Adalyde in Solarii--she had so many children, perhaps she knows where best to find nurses and attendants for such things, but since Valencia's babe should be here soon, she'll perhaps know more what to do in Vellesca?"

Her thoughts faltered as his lips brushed her hand. He moved closer and she felt warmth creeping through her. "I-if I'm far away, I believe... a kiss is the traditional cure?"
Old 06-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"This is not the first time I have been told that," he laughed.

"I am certain my sister has been advised by many, but..." He trailed off and looked away, shame filling his blue eyes. His lips tightened and he shook his head. "I would continue to be cautious in your dealings with Valencia. She and I... we have done much to mend the rift between us, but I still worry that it is not entirely genuine."

His smile returned and he reached out with his other hand, touching her shoulder gently to turn her towards him. "Then I pray this is a most spirited remedy." He bent and pressed his lips to hers, kissing her tenderly. For the most part, it was chaste save for the last moment when he lightly touched his tongue to her bottom lip. "Has my love come back to me now?"
Old 06-04-2016, 02:17 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her eyes slanted up at him, silent questions in her thoughts. Nothing important enough to set aside his kiss for. With his tall form bent over hers, she let her hands rest on his broad chest. For the first time, the river didn't seem so bad. He protected her--as he always would. He was her husband, and her prince, and he loved her. And she was going to give him sons. His lips on hers reassured her, and sparked the heat that always rose so easily when he was near.

Her lips parted on a sigh as he drew away. "Your love wonders how you could ever believe she was away." Parissa's eyes, darkened with lust and starstruck adoration, opened wide to meet his. "Why would I ever want to be anywhere but at your side?" Unless there was a river involved. But still... in theory...
Old 06-07-2016, 12:20 AM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He smiled and cupped her cheek with his left hand. "You ask that now, but one day, I will be old and feeble and you will wish to be anywhere else but at my side." He brushed his lips over her forehead and closed his eyes. "Or worse..."
Old 06-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His mood seemed so somber, but his presence and his touch distracted her. "Jason...?" She put her hand on his chest, trying to get his attention back on her. "What could be worse? When you're old, I'll be old too. You'll have a pretty mistress by then, and abandon me to my kennels and musicians."
Old 06-07-2016, 12:48 AM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I doubt such a woman exists that could make me abandon my wife," he said, turning to look out over the horizon again. "No. I will not do to you what so many men do to their wives. You are my wife, and you are my queen. No woman will ever come before you." He stiffened a little and shook his head. "I have seen what cold hearts abandonment can conceive. I have seen how it turns people cruel."
Old 06-07-2016, 01:32 AM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa listened but her brows drew together in a puzzled frown. "I am most glad to hear it, my prince." She bit her lip, hesitating. "Yet... I cannot imagine your heart going cold. Nor abandoning me. I... I have never imagined you would not keep a mistress." She swallowed, realizing she tread on delicate ground. "A-and... and I would rather you did. I know a man's... ah, needs. I think. We have been wed for months and... and I think you have no complaint of me in that score and yet... yet I will be with child often, if I am to do my duty. And what will you do, when I--" She swallowed. "When I cannot fulfill the more pleasurable part?"
Old 06-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason did not look back at her as she spoke. It was difficult to will himself to see what expression she wore as she gave him her blessing to keep another woman. What did he hope to see there? He was sure the right answer was indifference, but he knew that would wound him as surely as the boar. But to see heartbreak would cause him pain, too. He took a deep breath and focused on the hand upon his chest.

"I would like to think myself above such things. Not to have to be driven by such a need. I did go a year without," he reminded her. "I do not know what the future holds. What may come. But for now, I do not plan on taking a mistress."
Old 06-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her fingers flexed against the brocade tunic he wore, a moment before her hand fell and she stepped into him, putting her head against his chest. "I will not play the shrew, Jason," Parissa whispered. "I am young, and silly and naive, and I cannot tell the future either... but I'd rather be dead than make you unhappy," she said in a throaty, unsteady whisper, further muffled by his tunic. "If you have one, just let it be someone kind and good. I don't want you to take strangers into your bed to spare me some... some imagined slight. At least... if you aren't with me... in the future, I ask you to remember this moment? I c-can't stand the idea... n-not strangers. Please not that."

The idea of him with a stranger, cast aside or forgotten the next morning seemed infinitely worse. The woman would not know him, or understand the scars he bore. She wouldn't make him laugh. And jealousy might well up at the thought of him pleasuring someone else, but it felt worse to imagine him perfunctory and cold, doing what she imagined other men did with women. What if he decided he liked that better? What if he chose that way of being a husband after all...? A tear traced down her cheek. Being with him was one of the few things she'd more or less managed to understand. And it might change at any time, and then where would she be?

"I love you," she whispered. "I n-need you to... to be you. My prince. My husband. I-I w-would g-give up a-anything... r-rather than r-risk..." But the rest of it trailed off into a sob and then she was just crying into his tunic because tears once started didn't seem to stop easily these days.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason turned his body towards her, both arms encircling his wife, grip secure as he dared. He bent over her, lips against her hair, hands moving slowly over her back in small circles to soothe her as she wept. "Don't," he whispered after a moment. "Don't value your life so little against my happiness. I would never ask you to give up anything. I do not want that. I need you to be you as much as you need me to be me. I need my wife as she is. Caring and kind, warm and generous, funny and understanding. I wear a crown, my love, but I am mortal. I am a prince, but I am your husband, and you are a princess. My wife. My friend. My partner. Beside me. I would have you as you are, giving up nothing that makes you who you are, giving only your love and your heart... That's all I ask."

He stroked his gloved fingers against her shoulders and gave a sad sort of smile hidden in her hair. "I think if you had been anybody else... it would be easy to promise such a thing. And I have tried," he admitted. "But my mind, my desire... it always comes back to you. I know your fear, Parissa. But for now... pay it no more mind. Let it just be us. If there is a mistress, you will know her. You will know when. And you will know it's only temporary. None could ever take your place. I won't do that to you... And don't ask me to."
Old 06-07-2016, 09:38 PM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You already have my heart, and all my love." She sniffled and tried to get the tears to stop, knowing her eyes would be red and her cheeks streaked and her face puffy and scrunched--Ty and Zara and Lin... all her cousins looked pretty when they cried. The unfairness was almost worth crying all over again.

She finally lifted her head to look up at him. "I w-wouldn't ask you t-to let someone else take my place. U-unless they s-send me back to father." She wiped at her cheek. "I'm... sorry. I keep... crying... all the time. A-Aunt Adalyde w-warned us that it happened, when a lady's with child. I j-just... didn't q-quite understand... h-how much."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You don't have to apologize," he said softly, hands coming up to cup her cheeks, thumbs wiping away her tears gently. "You have seen my tears and have not judged me for them. I would be an ass to do that to you. Especially since, in some way, I could be construed as the one to blame for them." He leaned closer to brush his nose against hers. "I love you, Parissa."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His soft, silly gesture made her giggle, and she tilted her head up, lifting up on her toes to catch his lips in a quick, emphatic kiss. "That's because you're incredibly handsome with tears in your eyes. I'm powerless to do anything but cry with you," she whispered. "It's wretchedly unfair of you, Jase. Can you promise to someday be less handsome? So I'll get to think about something other than kissing you? I'd be much better at attending to running the household that way."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He laughed, the sound rumbling from deep in his chest, and he slid his arms around her again. "Old age, I fear, will not be kind to me, love. Perhaps you shall get your wish soon enough. If not, I could try to collect a few more scars... Where would you find them to be the most revolting so I can be sure to align my face just right?"
Old 06-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She rolled her eyes. "My prince japes poorly today. I fear thy father's jester will save his place at court yet." Pari touched her husband's cheek. "You'll not devise a scar to make me love you less. But if you really want, you could wear one like your cousin Ser Kain... I fear it will only make women love you more. Certainly it's done him little enough harm."
Old 06-07-2016, 11:35 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I never claimed to have a good sense of humor," he chuckled. "Well, I do not think there's any danger of them continuing to love me once they see the rest of my scars," he said, turning his head as if he could see them on his back. "It is a wonder how my beautiful wife finds me to be handsome."
Old 06-08-2016, 12:01 AM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa sniffled. "And who is this wife you're talking about? I might be fair, but I'm not beautiful. So the other one must agree with me." Funny that with clothes on, she mostly forgot his scars. And then he'd turn around and they'd be right there, twisted and horrible. She hated them, but they were part of him and the rest of him she loved. It didn't fit together in her head, so she tried not to think about it.

"And every other woman in the kingdom. You've set maidens swooning with a smile, Jase. you know you've done that."
Old 06-08-2016, 12:35 AM   #22
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The only one I have," he answered. "And I say she is beautiful."

He stood up straighter and rolled his shoulders back, frowning a little. "It is the crown that causes them to swoon. Not the smile. I think if I were born anything other than a Vellfyre, it would be a very different observation."
Old 06-08-2016, 12:57 AM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And were I not Lord Harrowmont's daughter, you'd still think me a child," Pari sniffed. "You, meanwhile, are tall as a god with a face from a maiden's dreams--and trust me, I know what those are, since I was one just one autumn passed. You fight like a born warrior and even when you grow that dreadful beard you just look like all the wicked bandit princes our fathers warn us against. Give up your crown and you'll have just as many women begging for a night with you." Pari smirked. "Maybe more, because now their fathers want them to bed you. Without the crown, you'd be forbidden. And that's far sweeter fruit, or so my cousins say."
Old 06-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #24
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason rolled his eyes and then drew her close again, sighing at how she fit against him. "It matters not. The only woman who's opinion matters to me is in my arms now. And that she believe me handsome is enough. That she loves me is more than I deserve. I know I have not been an easy man to love... And I know that I never will be. How you found the patience... I'll never know."
Old 06-08-2016, 01:51 AM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed and her arms slid around his waist to hug him tight. "You're very easy to love. You're not easy to argue with. There's a difference." Parissa's damp cheek rubbed against his tunic. "Someday, you'll teach that skill to our son and I'm going to be utterly furious with you."
Old 06-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #26
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He closed his eyes and tried to imagine that future. Their son... or their daughter... With an older version of themselves. Would he be like his uncle? Bryce, who loved his children and his wife... Or Keegan who loved everybody but treated them all like they were idiots... Or Kadreth who loved nobody... Or his father... who he had never figured out, but from his best figuring, was sure he loved everybody who was already dead.

He looked down at her and smiled in spite of the dark thoughts trying to flood his mind now. To look at her was to know... He knew the sort of husband he wanted to be. The sort of father. The sort of king. In this moment... everything felt like it would be all right. "I imagine I shall be just as furious when you teach our daughter how to disarm any argument with naught but an expression."
Old 06-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa giggled. "But I've never done that. 'Twould be a skill all her own, love."
Old 06-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #28
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Right," he teased. "You've never done that." Remembering when she did do that sent a shiver down his spine. "Come with me, love." He held his hand in front of her and waited for her to take it. "Have you eaten?"
Old 06-08-2016, 11:52 PM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She put her hand in his without hesitation. "I'm starving. Are there radishes? I want radishes."
Old 06-09-2016, 12:14 AM   #30
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Rad...radishes?" he repeated, his step pausing before it'd really began. "I... can ask them to bring us some if they've any...? And we'll keep them on your side of the table. As far from mine as possible," he said, wrinkling his nose. "And... other things. To be eaten after the radishes... Because I plan on kissing you when we've finished eating and..." Another nose wrinkle. It never struck him until this moment how much he hated radishes.
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, parissa harrowmont