Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 4.23.31 (evening) | Water Under the Bridge | Warrick, William [closed]

The ride to the bridge had taken the remainder of the daylight hours with only a little of it left. The clouds from the rains which fell the day before ensured that what little moonlight could shine from the waxing crescent was blocked, which was fine when you had torches to carry. Which he did. Despite the men insisting they wait until morning to go inspect the bridge, Warrick at least wanted a glance at it, and brushed off their words, gesturing to his twin to follow as they continued on.

The river was swollen, as one would expect after rains, and the bridge, as Wallace had said, had been washed away, splintered at it's breaking point. The river sometimes put too much stress on the supports, but while it was slowing and moving fast, there was nothing particularly violent about it's flow just now. Even so, he had to be careful with his footing... The current was still strong enough to sweep away a man with careless balance. He tested the bridge where it still stood, taking careful hold of the rail and inching closer as the wood creaked beneath him. He glanced at William and then knelt, his hand moving towards one of the broken supports, frowning when he felt tell-tale notches just beneath the surface of the water... But his eyes could tell him what he needed to know, too.

"What do you think?" he asked, looking over towards his brother, eyes going to the other broken support.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:00 AM   #2
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

William's expression was dark as the waters swirling around the fallen bridge. He nodded at his twin, though his concentration was more on their balance and the uneven, muddy slopes of the bank. "I think someone helped it fall. So was it our vassal putting off his tithes a bit, or... something else?"
Old 12-24-2015, 02:56 AM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I pray it is as simple as that," Warrick said. Though his tone and his posture now told of his suspicion. He had a terrible feeling... "This bridge's collapse has... benefited some a great deal in Blacktide."
Old 12-25-2015, 12:26 AM   #4
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Let's get back," William suggested. His dark blue eyes watched his twin's face, something in his posture echoing Warrick's. "There's not much hope of rebuilding this overnight so we might was well leave it where it is. Report back to our honored and favored brother."
Old 12-25-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick nodded and turned carefully until they were on more stable ground. He stood almost shoulder to shoulder with William as they returned towards the horses, eyes gazing about to be sure none were within hearing distance. "This is not madness... This was planned... Have you any idea what this means, Will?"
Old 01-09-2016, 01:13 AM   #6
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"A planned destruction of the bridge? I can think of a number of things it might mean, some of them less appetizing than others." William sighed and turned away to swing up into his saddle and adjust his seat before he looked at Warrick again. "I suppose there's just one or two ideas that are sticking in your gullet, brother...."
Old 01-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick looked ahead, worry marring his features. "At least two... But neither make much sense. I... don't understand why?" He drew Shadowless closer and lowered his voice even more. "I want to believe it is only that I wish to see shadows where none exist... Yet... After everything... I cannot help but to think he's been toying with us."
Old 01-09-2016, 02:19 AM   #8
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"That's because he's always toying with us," William answered in a whisper, giving his twin a knowing smirk. "You may have forgotten that, living in Volorro. I haven't. So, he set this up, you think? Pulling us away... so he's got a clear shot at killing a gryphon?"
Old 01-09-2016, 02:31 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"But... he's let them leave?" Warrick said, confused. And then the confusion seemed to clear a little. "Oh... Shit..." He straightened his posture. "We... need to return... And pray the whole while that we're wrong... Otherwise..." Well, it would seem they might have to resort to Lady Havisham.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:39 AM   #10
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

William made a face and shook his head. "Yes, and once they're not under his protection..." He urged his horse to speed up. "We'll see what we find. He could just be playing another game."
Old 01-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fuck..." Warrick hissed, his horse falling into the faster step just slightly behind William's. "We need to discover that game before he can do much else... The fool would see our name in dust just for his own amusement."
Old 01-10-2016, 12:37 AM   #12
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Oh, not dust. Our brother's mad but he's not stupid. He'd be far less dangerous if he was stupid..." William hissed that under his breath though he was sure his twin knew what thoughts were in his mind. He glanced along at Warrick and grinned a second before he set his heels to the gelding's side and launched it into a gallop.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:50 AM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I never gave his intelligence much credit..." Warrick mumbled.

He took that there was a deeper meaning. But he wasn't sure what that deeper meaning was. And it was not often he did not know the thoughts swirling in William's head, so it was a little more than irritating. Only... perhaps... Warrick sighed again. Sometimes, it seemed better not to know William's mind. And all the fucker could do was grin? What an ass. Warrick smiled against his will as he took off after him.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:47 AM   #14
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

Conversation died between them as they raced along. He heard the men shouting orders behind them, the sarjeants minding the mercurial changes in aim of their commanders in this venture. Most were accustomed to William and none dared question why the sudden determined swift return toward the city.

He didn't speak again until they slowed to rest the horses and take a break to avoid lathering the beasts. "Wallace won't have done this without a plan. Considering the unrest with Winona's court and her likely alliance with Veracora...? It's not unthinkable to take a chance on betting with both teams in regards to the south, brother."
Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick raked his fingers through his hair and looked up towards the sky. "That was her game... The reason she encouraged me to seek Shiera's hand..." He knew he was right to suspect his cousin's motives, but he was so disappointed that he was. "And if he does... If you are right... we have to stop it. I will have no part in his game..."
Old 01-10-2016, 04:23 AM   #16
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Of course it was. She needs outside help to keep any kind of grip on Tal Dragore and she does that best by incorporating Wolfe into the Shore lines." William said it without any judgement, since it was more or less what he'd have done given Winona's hand of cards. "She hasn't managed to turn her placement with the Vellfyres to further advantage so it's time to go with Veracora. All the better if the lord's sister was in Wolfe hands, of course but... one does what one can. Of course once she's in with Veracora, she'll need help to keep herself free of any fury Adhemar aims at them and that is likely to turn into a war between Veracora and Solvitreo. Which Wallace can use to his advantage in trade- and egging on that battle serves his treasury."
Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was the smart thing to do. He would have done it. But that she did it and tried to puppet him to fit into her game was infuriating. "Up until Adhemar asks the king for support... Wallace would need some sort of assurance that he is kept safe. That Blacktide is not swept up in a coming war while also being able to profit from it..."
Old 01-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #18
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"And possessing a royal would help with that, no? I wonder, brother- is it danger to the prince's son and the king's daughter... or will we return to find one or both mysteriously caught with a Wolfe in their bed?"
Old 01-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There was no disguising his anger at either prospect. "If we return to them at all... They departed. If he somehow stopped them... If he continues to prevent them from returning... Blacktide will not avoid the king's wrath."
Old 01-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #20
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"They departed and we were delayed here. They're either delayed or dead, Warrick. I'm hoping for the former. Though if they're dead at someone else's hands... so much the better for Wallace's intentions. Keeping the prince and Rothgar busy with strife here while he plays hell with the south...?"
Old 01-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Wallace would have to be alive to play such games.

"What we discussed... if any part of this proves true... I think it would be time to inquire some questions of the Lord of Laws..."
Old 01-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #22
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Would it?" William's voice remained low and eyes guarded as he looked more at their surroundings than his twin to ensure no one unwanted was creeping closer. "Drawing overmuch attention to Wallace puts us all at risk along with him, by some estimations. Rothgar is always in need of gold these days and he's already put a Vellfyre lackey in place of Fairdragon. No shortage of 'Reach lords worry that his other children might soon get higher estates."
Old 01-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You do not think Wallace keeping hold on his daughter and his nephew would draw overmuch attention to Wallace?" he asked, his voice still soft but no doubt angrier. "It is better to set ourselves apart from him... To let him know we'd no part in this madness. And that's what it is. You know the king better than I, Will... You know how this ends... If you do not want Wolfe to lose Blacktide... then YOU need to be the one to support him lest Wallace takes all of us down with him."

He sighed. "Will... if he's playing this game without need of the princess or Lord Gavin that is one thing... That's not actually treason... But otherwise...? I know that Rothgar would never stand his daughter being held as a hostage... He'd see Blacktide in flame first." To say nothing of the Lord of Laws, the Lord Commander, and the rest of the Vellfyres.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #24
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

William sighed. "I've warned our brother time and again. Ziamara's a bastard but she's a beloved one. I'd hoped seeing her and Gavin would illuminate him as to what he'd face if she was put in danger... No, you're right. We need to write to the Lord of Laws about some... minor matters. A question of inheritance for a vassal lord. Segundus has been fretting about matters with his nephew. That would best be put to the prince, I suspect."
Old 01-10-2016, 11:06 PM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He rubbed the back of his head and gave his brother a heavy look. "Even if Rothgar didn't care..." He shook his head. "My mind was more on Coppelstone..." he said. "If it's... about somebody he doesn't care about... even if he's snooping on our correspondence... he won't think anything of that. And he's heard me already complain of Sollis and his lack of payment..."
Old 01-10-2016, 11:33 PM   #26
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Then let's consider Copplestone quite important tonight." William shrugged. "That's of concern to Wallace too if he's not drunk. Sollis might be penniless but not all his vassals are."
Old 01-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick nodded. "I'll have it sent before the morning comes..." He glanced around and let his hands fall to his sides. "And I'd been fool enough to believe it was over... That I was worried over nothing... For once I dared to think I was being too harsh in my opinions of our brother... Sometimes... I would like to be proved wrong..."
Old 01-11-2016, 12:02 AM   #28
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"And so you are. Just not when it comes to him. Never underestimate Wallace's cunning use of madmen's logic."
Old 01-11-2016, 12:37 AM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He gave his brother an exasperated look for the first comment, but let it pass without quarrel. "Who else do you think is aware of his plan...? Who does he confide in... if not you? I know few of our cousins are fond of Wallace, but... one can never be too sure."
Old 01-11-2016, 01:19 AM   #30
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

William shrugged. "Who he confides in shifts by the hour, Warrick. Today it's this cousin, toorrow it's that vassal and none of them will know the full tale of it til he's announced it to us all."
Closed Thread

Tags
warrick wolfe, william wolfe