Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Moonspire

Moonspire Ruled by House Carolin. A town of 4,584 people on the banks of the Godswash, known for fur, lumber, game and fish.
The allowances for hunting are awarded yearly to lords or other selected by Lord Carolin. The town itself is home to a sizable cult of Erianthe, the high priestess of which is Lord Carolin's own sister.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 01:15 AM   #1
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 4.24.31: I have arrived (Late afternoon, Jayr, open)

Word had reached Fairgrove of what had happened, with the bandits, and all Jayr could think about were his sisters. Ty and Zaza...he wanted to leave right then and there, to see if they were all right. His father and brother, as always in regards to him, counseled patience. "What the fuck use is patience if my sisters lie dead on the roadside?" This earned him a cuff upside the head, and a stern order that he was to remain right where he was.

That is, until more word was sent. They, the progress that is, needed more men to defend it, as their numbers had dwindled some. This was all the motivation Jayr needed to ready himself, his retinue, and any other men who wished to join him. Tagg stayed behind, but who needed him. This was his chance to prove to his father and even to his brother that he could handle things well enough on his own.

He rode to Moonspire, his dog Scruffs keeping in good pace with his horse, and his men keeping in good pace with Jayr. Of course they had to stop along the way, but it didn't seem like too long before they finally reached Moonspire...
Old 12-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
(Lord of Westridge) Attericus Harrowmont
the mountain lord

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"They told me a Solvitreo company rode west from Fairgrove, but I didn't believe them. Think his father forbid him taking a barge up the river?" Attericus' didn't quiet his booming voice as his company approached the Solvitreo group just outside the gates of Moonspire. He turned to his second son, Robert, who stared at the Solvitreo banners. "You may have competition yet in this tourney, boy."

"If you say so, father."

Attericus roared with laughter and spurred his horse forward. "Hold, Solvitreo! I would know which of your shining bunch is my guest this day?"
Old 12-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He tugged on the reins and brought his horse to a stop. "Lord Jayr, my lord...and of course, I know you, Lord Attericus." He nodded his head. "Father suggested I come by barge but to me they seem so slow, more often than not. I wanted to ride and get here as soon as word was sent about his grace's progress needing more men."
Old 12-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
the mountain lord

My Mood:

"Lord Attericus, he says. Not uncle, then? Your mother must be cross indeed with me over the report of her daughters' misfortune." He reined in his horse and watched the younger man. "I believe but one of them's detained in Grey Glenn with injuries. I probably have the letter that said which one..." He shrugged. "How is my sister? Still praying as hard as ever, I suppose."
Old 12-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, afford all courtesies unless told otherwise...you know, all that unnecessary nonsense, uncle." He tossed a careless hand up in the air. "Mother's told me this I don't know how many times, though she seems to be consistently parroting everything she says of late." So his sisters were not too injured. That was a relief. "Mother is...well. She's mother." No love or affection showed in his voice...just a flatness. "And how are my Harrowmont cousins?" Some he hadn't seen or spoken to in quite some time.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #6
the mountain lord

My Mood:

"Gods, don't ask me the welfare of my children. That would take the next week to ascertain... Robert, how are you? Let that stand as explanation for the rest." Robert laughed and nodded at his cousin.

"Well enough. I hear rumors of a tourney in Moonspire for the king's entertainment. Will you compete, cousin?"
Old 12-22-2015, 03:26 AM   #7
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So one speaks for the voice of many." Jayr nodded, and gave a slow smirk. "Fair enough." His dog barked at him, and he snapped his fingers. Scruffs immediately quieted, and lay down on the ground. "Depends on who else is competing. I should like to keep some of my pride intact."
Old 12-23-2015, 01:25 AM   #8
the mountain lord

My Mood:

"Not many of great name," Robert allowed. "The field will be small, I fear. And I doubt the prince will enter."

"No, not with a head scarcely healed from his misadventure in Mirrormount." Attericus snorted. "There's too great a chance of that leading to the king's bastard boy taking the title and he's not yet so much as a beard to his credit. That should leave your pride with padding enough to risk your arse in a tilt, nephew. Unless you're only brave enough to fight squires after so long in Asserya's decadent halls." He grinned but Robert shot his father a look.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:52 AM   #9
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He knew full well his uncle was only teasing. If he had thought otherwise, he would have said something. "Squires never offer enough of a challenge, and everyone damn well knows it." Jayr snorted. "I suppose I could risk my arse. If only to have something to do."
Old 01-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #10
the mountain lord

My Mood:

"There's the spirit, lad." Attericus chortled and urged his horse on toward the city. "Take up your sword and see which of the king's men you can mow down, eh? Make enough of a hole, you might just find a way out of your father's shadow for a bit. Adhemar's fat enough, it would take a far run north to escape him these days. Tell him I said so. I'd like to see if he can recall where he's put his armor well enough for a good solid duel."
Old 01-10-2016, 03:14 AM   #11
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"What little spirit I can possess." He blinked. "And the very moment I see him, I shall let him know...if he can get his hands out from under the skirts of whatever lady he's taken up with long enough to even grab a sword to duel with."
Old 01-11-2016, 10:48 PM   #12
the mountain lord

My Mood:

Attericus laughed again. "It's been a good many years since I last saw Adhemar with a sword in hand rather than a breast." He waved to his procession to signal heading on into the gates of the city. "Maybe I'll accompany the king to Fairgrove, see if I can't provoke my goodbrother into a show of arms. I dare say my boys would like to see what your kinsmen have dreamed up for their games and amusement that way."
Old 01-12-2016, 01:42 AM   #13
(Lord) Jayr Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"But then who would watch over the mountains while you're goading my father?" Jayr said, his voice dry. "For we all know that by the sheer power of your strength alone you keep the mountains from crumbling down. Or so the tales go." He snapped his fingers at his dog again, and the mutt rose. "Where should I tell my men to put down their roots, and when should I present myself to the king?"
Closed Thread

Tags
attericus harrowmont, jayr solvitreo