Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Default 4.13 Morning - For vows kept - Melantha/Damiata (ask before joining)

Once Valisa departed, Melantha sent for her promised good-daughter. There was one more conversation she needed to have before she left on the road.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Damiata remained with Freya as the royals prepared to depart- it was more a game of staying out of the way of the men and the servants. They instead busied themselves with getting everything in order to seal up areas of the castle that would be vacant once more.

She had just rushed from the wine cellars to the steward's office when a servant caught her to say Lady Melantha sought her. With a worried look on her face, Damiata picked up her skirts and ran toward Freya's solar where the Vellfyre lady was said to have been, lest she keep her future good-mother waiting.

Outside, she dropped the skirts and tried to slow her breathing, smoothed her hair and stepped inside with what she hoped was a pleasant, placid expression despite the flushed cheeks and a few errant lock of dark brown hair escaping her braid.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 PM   #3
demoted to extra

Melantha had changed into a travel dress, and was having her arm examined by her magister. Looking up as Damiata arrived, she smiled at her and exchanged a few words in Merideen with his magister. The somber man finished wrapping up the broken arm, and then departed after bowing. Gesturing to a nearby chair, Melantha said, "Good morning, Damiata; have a seat. I am glad you had a moment to spare to come see me, ere I departed."
Old 11-17-2015, 01:03 AM   #4
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She curtsied deeply. "You sent for me, Lady Melantha? I came as swiftly as I could whence they told me. Tis my honor, Lady, that you wouldst wish to see me at all." Damiata took the indicated seat with careful movements, trying to make sure she didn't sit down like a churl.

"What service might I give, my lady?"
Old 11-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
demoted to extra

"Only your attention at this time," Melantha answered. "I do not have much of that time to spare; I must be onto my horse in minutes if I'm not to be left behind. And no offense to your home here, but I'd be happier on my way to Tal Solarii." Her tone was more amused than bothered. "I saw that you already spoke with my son, so that is well. I have given Valisa some instructions and a letter to be taken to my steward, so that you both will be settled properly when you arrive in Tor Vellesca. Do you have any questions of me as yet?"
Old 11-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #6
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Few that would render your time well spent, I fear. I shall place my trust 'pon the stewards and our servants to see us settled, and little else is of my concern.. save what I might be doing in the court? I am accustomed here to serving busily yet none have said to me what task I would have in such a palace as that of the king... Is it your household I am to serve, Lady Melantha?" With the queen gone, she assumed she would be left sitting on her hands til someone remembered her.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #7
demoted to extra

"For now, you will. After a progress such as this, there is always tumult in the royal households. Some ladies leave us for marriages arranged on the way; some households move altogether. But don't think you will be without duties there. Princess Valencia is still in residence, along with her husband, and a large contingent of knights and defenders. The palace is far from empty. Furthermore, as we will returning closer to midsummer, you will be helping right in the midst of summer crops arriving for our stores. You should find much to be diverting." Melantha drew out a small wooden box, no bigger than her hand, and rose to give it to Damiata. Inside was a simplistic green jeweled necklace, not ornate but clearly of quality. "If you are to marry a Vellfyre, you'll start to look the part. When you are not working with Princess Valenica's ladies, I would expect you could take time for lessons. Your court speak will take some work, but you'll have time and some peace in which to work on that. Think of this," she gestured to the small box, "as your first bridegift."
Old 11-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #8
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She took the box with reverent hands, her eyes wide and worried as she looked at necklace. "Certes, tis more yet than e'er I dreamt to hold, Lady Melantha. Much as mine intended," she added after a moment in wonder. She looked up at Melantha again. "My thanks for such a wonder, Lady. I know well of crops and housework, and I wilt be of as much use to the princess as she will require." A green gem- she was not even sure of the name- shone up from a cushioned bit of fine linen and set in silver- not a princess's necklace, but a great lady's. Far more than had ever belonged to Damiata... it looked like something Freya would have. A Vellfyre would have... Gods above, she was going to be a Vellfyre...
Closed Thread

Tags
damiata mondragon, melantha vellfyre