Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:17 AM   #1
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Default 4.12.31: Where's Waldo? (During Leaving Feast, Kalden, Damiata)

He rose from his place, and squeezed his mother's shoulder before making his way over to where he saw his betrothed sat during the long, drawn-out announcements...and now nowhere to be seen. "Excuse me, my ladies..." he gave a nod, and a smirk to those he determined would be his good-sisters. "...I am searching for my betrothed. She hasn't run off in fear of wedding me, has she? If so, I would not blame her..."
Old 11-08-2015, 03:26 AM   #2
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"She is but fetching back the wine, Ser Kalden." Tareza spoke with a sweet smile and sweeter voice. She and her twin had risen at his approach to give a shallow curtsy due to a Vellfyre. "Dami's ever helpful in seeing things done aright. You could have no more eager a lady.... Ah, see- she returns anon. You'll not startle her away save by emptying the wine."

Damiata stopped short several paces away, though the page boy accompanying her with the wine didn't bother- he was set upon his task and not paying attention to the identity of the nobles themselves.

"Ser Kalden," Damiata said, knowing she sounded rather like she'd stumbled upon him in the seamstress' workroom instead of meeting him in the great hall. It was still the wrong part of the hall: he was quite clearly meant to be anywhere else but in the part she was occupying. But she smiled and curtsied. "Pardons, I pray I did not leave somewhat undone?" She'd never been announced as engaged before. Had she forgotten do something? Hells...
Old 11-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Fetching back the wine?" He raised a brow, and crossed his arms. "That is a servant's job. Lady Damiata is to be a Vellfyre. She shouldn't have to do such nonsense." Kalden wondered if this was a case of the older sisters trying to lord it over the younger...would not surprise him in the slightest. "And I would have hoped that as her sisters you would not have encouraged her to do such a thing..." he turned toward his future wife. She seemed agreeable enough...nervous, but it seemed being around Vellfyres did such a thing to people.

"No, no...I thought that you might like to take a turn out of doors?" Kalden offered his arm. "The news of our betrothal was rash and sudden, I'm sure, and I should like some time to speak with you and set some things straight before the progress leaves."
Old 11-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"How to stop one soon to be a Vellfyre from what she would fain do?" Tareza said with an airy laugh, waving off the lord's criticism. Pareza, however, stayed quiet on that score. "Aye, go, Dami. As thy intended bids, tis naught for thee to do within and little time for such speaking," Tari urged.

Damiata nodded to her sister but bobbed another shallow demi-curtsy to Kalden before she took his hand. "As you will, my lord." Her dark brown eyes were curious but she stopped herself from asking what he was thinking of. "And rash or no, an honor is an honor still. I am glad for any guidance you wouldst give if such is your wish to offer."
Old 11-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #5
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His eyes narrowed at the one who seemed too free with her words. "Best watch your tongue, my lady. Especially in the presence of a Vellfyre. I should hope manners are not forgotten here at Mirrormount..." Damiata coming back made his rising anger tamper down somewhat. "Yes..." he waited till she took his arm and he guided her away from the annoyance of her sister's deemed "conversation." "...be thankful your sister is not at Volorro," he said. "Her behavior would earn her a few sound slaps across the face. But I did wish to ask you about a few things, if you do not mind." He looked down at her and gave her another small smile.

"For instance...I can only assume you will go ahead to Volorro instead of going along on the progress, so that you will be more comfortable and be able to familiarize yourself with your new home. Do you prefer, once we are wed, to keep your own chambers, or do you prefer to share chambers with me?"
Old 11-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #6
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'd beseech thee pardon Tari, my lord. Old wounds bleed anew this evening... Aye, there's somewhat said of my journey being to the king's ciy--" But whatever else she might have said vanished from her mind. Her mouth opened but a blush flooded her face pink while no words formed on her tongue. "I--" It took a second but she swallowed hard and tried again.

She lowered her eyes and looked down at the floor as they walked. "Such arrangements are not mine to command, my lord. Tis thy convenience must furnish answer, surely. I know not thy chamber's size nor your accustomed habits. Mine shall form to thine."
Old 11-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Are you afraid of me?" He sounded amused. "Seems that my reputation has preceded me then. I wouldn't worry, my lady...I'm not as scary as others make me sound." He rose a brow as they walked, even though she couldn't see it. "And I do not live in a broom closet. My chambers are of more than adequate size, but if you would prefer to keep your own, that is fine. It is your decision. I would wish for you to at least have some mind of your own instead of parroting everything I do and say."
Old 11-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #8
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Tis no matter of thy reputation," Dami finally raised her eyes to look at him in some confusion, "but of courtesy and practice. I know little how such things are arranged in Tal Volorro and so I defer to your choice. I have a mind of my own, Ser Kalden, but I am at least intelligent enough not to mount opinion upon things about which others are more learned. In this case, I leave it to thy choice."
Old 11-10-2015, 01:35 AM   #9
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He blinked. Gods, she was being courteous, but...it was frustrating. For fuck's sake... "Then keep to your own chambers, my lady, until you see fit to make up your mind about whether you can stand my presence continuously." Kalden sought to keep the annoyance out of his voice. This was going to be an interesting arrangement, to be sure.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #10
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She recognized the annoyance in his tone then and laughed without meaning to. "How can I know if I like thy presence before I'm in it longer than half a candle's mark? If such brevity as this bred comfort, I should be dewy-eyed about half the knights in Jacen's command. Surely such quicksilver affection as that would not a good wife make?" She sobered a little but amusement remained in her dark eyes.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:59 AM   #11
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I meant whether you like my presence enough in the future," he said, the smile leaving his face now, the characteristic bluntness entering his tone. "I don't see this as amusing, my lady. As you may have noticed, I'm not laughing."
Old 11-10-2015, 02:06 AM   #12
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I laugh when I'm nervous. There's no help to be had for it." She still smiled. "But I wish you would laugh: for I claim no power to read the future as Irisa does. No prophetess I... yet if tis my intuition you seek, then I admit I see no reason I should not like your company. You have a... a strong presence, my lord. I think in stranger climes twould feel safer to be at your side than farther from." Damiata's free shoulder rose in a shrug. "I had not expected to be wed for years yet, if at all. You have caught me unawares for I hath not shaped the dreams of hearth and home as most others might."
Old 11-12-2015, 12:13 AM   #13
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You wish I would laugh." He repeated what she said to him. "Then you might not find me a droll companion. And if you must know...no matter what anyone says, I chose you to be my bride." Because she was pretty, and was decent enough to talk to. But her straightforward, pleasant way of saying things threw him off just a bit. "After you've spent some time at Volorro, then, and know of its rooms, and of the size difference between your chamber and mine, then I shall let you make the decision on where you would prefer to spend most of your time."
Old 11-12-2015, 03:29 AM   #14
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That much depends... Do you not laugh for lack of any humor or because your wit is one of--" Dami frowned, stumbling over her High Edolene for a moment and only coming up with the Meerish word for what she meant. "Of... dryer tone? That is the word, I think." Her smile returned and her eyes slanted sidelong at him. "I'll ask the gods not to see you regret such a choice, my lord... but tell me, is't truly but size of chambers you expect to sway my choice? Not even a kiss from you to help me think on't ere we meet again?"
Old 11-13-2015, 02:28 AM   #15
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Dry," he said, when she struggled with the word in Edolene. "That is a kind way to put it. Much kinder than most would say about me. I have humor...I'm just not an idiot about it." He raised a brow at her request. "A kiss? And how would a kiss sway your decision, my lady? If you're wanting a kiss, you may come out and ask me for it, if you wish."
Old 11-13-2015, 03:09 AM   #16
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh, have I then permission to ask, my lord?" Damiata laughed then pursed her lips and put her fingers against them as if trying to school her features into seriousness. She failed. "Kind of you, but art kind enow' to grant such a boon? Or wilt denounce me as a wicked jade? No, answer me not. I'll roll thy dice." She looked at him and her smile faded. "I would have a kiss from thy lips, my lord, if I may?" She put her free hand over his arm, just below her left. "I shall have a handsome husband, but I know not if he shall wish to kiss me? How to plan our life together not knowing that, my lord? Come to think of it... how to choose me unknowing if I am to thy taste or no?"
Old 11-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #17
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, whether I chose you or not, the choice has been made." He gave an amused snort at her comments, though it was not an unkind one. "And you'd wish me to kiss you, here, in front of all these people? Here I thought all ladies were shy about that kind of thing."
Old 11-17-2015, 04:01 AM   #18
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Damiata grinned at him and raised on shoulder in a shrug. "Ladies in the 'Reach are not so oft' widows made, my lord. Delicacy is shaped to leave one empty, and mourning all the more for smiles not given nor kisses granted. Still, I see your point. Walk me to the terrace, then, if shadows be the fashion of thy favor." Not to mention it would seal the betrothal and rub her sister's nose in it. But that was only a drop of icing to the sweet. "In truth I might yet prefer it to be in privacy made, at least for the first one, lest we prove ill matched in the effort and prove it to all around."
Old 11-19-2015, 11:39 PM   #19
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You think me to be a horrible kisser?" Another amused snort. "And you're wrong about my intentions. I only wish to save you the embarrassment of people thinking what horrible kisser you might be." Said in uncharacteristic jest. Rather dry, but jest nonetheless.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #20
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I assume any man to have no skill at kissing, for I am sure I do have none, my lord, never having tried the game, save one night of masquerades when my foster-father's squire found overmuch bravery in the deeps of a wine barrel. He did not complain but then twas not long ere my cousins bloodied his nose." Damiata smiled as her brow cocked at his jest. "So I suppose all thy bravery might well be needed."
Old 11-22-2015, 02:07 AM   #21
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kalden finally laughed as he led her out to the terrace. Nothing too overwhelming, just a short little chuckle. "Then I shall gather all the bravery I can muster, my lady." He let go of her arm and went around to stand in front of her, putting his hand on his cheek, and leaning down to press his lips to hers. A brief, chaste kiss, before he straightened back up, not removing his hand from her cheek. "How was that? Would you like me to continue?"
Old 11-22-2015, 02:32 AM   #22
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Well, so he could make a sound of amusement. Hope for even stones...

The terrace was dark save for torches here and there- quite a luxury by Benedar's orders. She was momentarily struck by the strangeness of seeing it lit so but Kalden's hand on her cheek brought her back. And then his lips found hers. The kiss was brief but soft...

She blinked up at him, glad for the shifting light which might hide her blush. "Well and good, my lord. Do.. .do continue. The discourse is quite... pleasant." The light might have hidden her cheeks but it did nothing to hide the husky note in her voice.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #23
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Kissing does not require much in the way of discourse," he murmured, and this time, when he pressed his lips to hers, Kalden gently coaxed hers open. She herself said she didn't have much in the way of kissing experience, so he did not wish to force her. His hands went to the small of her back, and he pulled her close, waiting for a few moments before slowly slipping his tongue to rub against hers.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:47 AM   #24
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She froze for half a heartbeat, not entirely sure what to do with her hands, or her lips, or how she was supposed to breathe... But her lips did part, and when his hands drew her closer she didn't resist. Her hands found themselves convenient places on his shoulders and her breath seemed to right itself too while her tongue tried to mirror what he'd done. Learn, she willed herself. And don't swoon. The kiss was far more intimate than she'd expected it to be, and far less harsh. The way he kissed her was... kinder, somehow.

Damiata sighed against his lips, but finally she had to pull away a little because her head felt light. "I... suspect I need a few more lessons, my lord. Apologies for my... clumsy self."
Old 11-25-2015, 05:05 AM   #25
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He kept his hands at the small of her back. "No apologies necessary, my lady. Should you wish to continue your lessons tonight," Kalden chuckled, "I am at your disposal."
Old 11-25-2015, 05:23 AM   #26
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Damiata considered before she answered. Her deep brown eyes were thoughtful as she watched her intended's face, especially his eyes. "One more kiss, my lord? Tis not much and yet... I fear more would make them less dear in memory, now would I have you fear to make me learned now and wonder at my practice when next we meet. And yet... if tis your will, my lord, I would kiss you til the sun rose."
Old 11-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #27
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her words were nearly a jumble, and he left one hand at the small of her back, using the other to place one finger against her lips in an attempt to silence Damiata. Just for a moment or two. "Good gods, my lady. Slow down. I do not expect you to be experienced...especially since you just admitted not moments earlier to being a horrible kisser." Kalden's finger ran over her lips, his hand skirting down her side before settling itself on the small of her back once more. "But another kiss I will be happy to oblige you with..." he placed his lips to hers again without much preamble, wasting no time in parting them again, holding her even more close to him.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #28
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was about to explain that talking too much happened when she was nervous but thankfully he kissed her and the frantic explanation vanished from her head. Hm. Good trick to know...

Dami's hand moved up to his shoulder and she leaned into the kiss, not at all averse to the hold he had on her. Not too terrible a kiss then... Her thoughts whirled into nothing but consciousness of his body and his warmth, his lips on hers and the scent of his skin... She parted her lips and tentatively kissed him back.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:11 AM   #29
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He reminded himself to go slow... even if certain parts of his body and his baser nature were contradicting his words. Kalden urged her to follow his lead, his lips moving over hers...kissing her until he no longer had breath. "...perhaps we should cease. Before this...gets out of hand. Though once I am at Volorro..." he smiled. "I shall be happy to continue our...lessons."
Old 11-28-2015, 04:40 AM   #30
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"As would I," she confessed with a smile, all too conscious of the heat in her cheeks... and other places. "I shall look forward to seeing you again, my lord. I will offer prayer for your safe return to your home." And that her sister had stolen out after them to witness the fact that Damiata's intended was handsome and knew how to kiss. A very important addition to the scant compendium of knowledge she had about him.
Closed Thread

Tags
damiata mondragon, kalden vellfyre