Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Amina Solvitreo

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 4.12 (during feast) - oh come on now - Carolei, Amina (OPEN)

Carolei's peach brocade dress rustled as she swept out of the hall and headed toward the terrace. She paused to ask a couple servants then a guard if they'd seen anyone matching Amina's description (dark hair, sobbing, costly dress, southron style, annoying half-grown child).

It didn't take her long to trace the girl, and soon enough she followed the trail to one of the darker corners of the terrace overlooking the postern gates. "Amina!" Carolei tried to make her voice gentle and not ring with exhasperation when she caught sight of the figure she sought. "Sweetling, did something in the wine go to your head? That was quite a sudden departure..."
Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 AM   #2
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)

She started at her name, and wiped any tears away that were threatening to fall out of her eyes and stain her cheeks. "My lady..." Amina drew in a shaky breath, turned, and curtsied. "I...felt overheated and I...needed some air...were you sent after me? If so...I'm sorry you had to leave the celebrations..."
Old 11-08-2015, 03:17 AM   #3
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Peace, child." Carolei sighed. "You're making me feel old. What has you in tears, precisely? Please gods, don't tell me it was that Stone girl being named a Vellfyre..."
Old 11-08-2015, 04:13 AM   #4
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No..." she let out a bit of a snorting laugh. "...nothing like that..."
Old 11-08-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hm. Then perchance is it something to do with your... dewy eyed looks at Ser Kain?" Carolei's voice was at least a bit more gentle. "And before you strike up denial and fury, recall I can hardly scold, since I'm mistress to his father."
Old 11-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #6
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"...yes," she said, softly, and stared down at the ground. How did she know?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #7
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"All right." She sighed and took a moment to search through the pouch hanging from her belt. Finding a hand kerchief, she pulled it out and offered it to the girl. "Here. Mop up your eyes and I'll walk you back to the chamber so the maids can set your kohl to rights again before we brave the great hall. I am going to venture to guess the two of you got into some kind of lovers' spat just before the feast? Sanya wanted me to keep you away from the boy, but I suppose it's a bit late for that."
Old 11-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #8
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She dabbed at her eyes. "No, we didn't, it's just...I didn't know that he would be wedding...Lady Alys..."
Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 AM   #9
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't think anybody else did either. His father never mentioned it- so I suppose it is the king's whim." Carolei shrugged. "But if you haven't quarreled, why does that upset you?"
Old 11-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #10
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She's more pretty than me...and Kain will forget all about me...I'm sorry, I sound very childish, don't I?" Amina realized that she was starting to whine, and sounding like Parissa...she was a Solvitreo. She needed to show a bit more backbone than this. "...I was just...shocked, at the news, I suppose."
Old 11-09-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You sound like a girl who's not had to play the game of love yet." Carolei laughed. "And the first rule to learn is that beauty is not the key to having a man's love. It helps to get his attention but not much else. Alys is beautiful, Amina, but she's also stupid as the day is long. And no Vellfyre has patience enough to love a stupid woman. If Kain's wife was plain but clever, then you'd have to worry eventually."
Old 11-13-2015, 03:17 AM   #12
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

I'll probably have to worry anyway. She wanted to pout, but decided against it. "So you also have to be clever? Pari...um, the princess, told me something similar once...I don't know if I'm terribly clever, but I think I'm clever enough..." and gods, what time would he have for her since he now had a wife? He'd just want to fuck his wife all the time...why did Amina even bother?
Old 11-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #13
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You got him into your bed more than once, or so I am going to assume... You're already cleverer than most." Carolei's brows rose. "Unless it has only been once? then perhaps you have something to fear. Men don't like their wives, Amina. It's unfashionable- wives feel like duty and nobody's blood gets hot from the idea of duty. Wives like Alys Fairwind... she's a dower with a womb stuck on. Offer him your condolences for having to endure her. Gods know he has mine."
Old 11-16-2015, 02:00 AM   #14
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No...I've bedded him more than once..." Unfashionable to like a wife...duty...gods. But she was still beautiful, whether she was a dower with a womb stuck on, or no. But now, she could not just go visit him whenever she liked...now, she would have to take even more care. "...and I shall."
Old 11-16-2015, 02:10 AM   #15
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Welcome to the affairs of women grown, darling." Carolei patted Amina's arm as they walked. "It's always an adventure, even if it isn't something often put to song. But the part of being a mistress I find rather refreshing is that we are not his property: a wife must always do as she's told, pay a mind to her duty. A mistress can have a freer tongue and a wilder passion... but you'll need to convince him quickly to name you his mistress, not just secret you away. Then you have more standing from it."
Old 11-18-2015, 03:40 AM   #16
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She nodded, listening with rapt attention. Obviously this woman knew what she was talking about, and Amina was always eager to learn. "He told me that he would...that he was going to speak with Darres, and once we get to Solarii, that he..."
Old 11-18-2015, 04:10 AM   #17
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well then don't let him change his mind...." Carolei paused and looked at the girl as they drew nearer to the retinue's borrowed chambers. "Amina, you are quite young for this game. Are you sure you want to be his mistress? It might mean you go unwed for quite a while, or join one of the holy orders should you separate from him. Though being a Solvitreo, I suppose you might just as easily end up wed and still playing mistress. I've never been entirely sure how the Shores lords arrange that."
Old 11-18-2015, 02:00 PM   #18
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My uncle has had quite a few mistresses that have ended up wed," she shrugged. "And he has three daughters--my cousins, Tyana, Zanara, and Alodie, who are as yet unwed. It will be quite some time before I am wed, anyhow." Amina may as well have accomplished something since being here at court. Mistress to a Vellfyre was at least better than burning down a tower and losing an entire dowry.
Closed Thread

Tags
amina solvitreo, carolei vikary