Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 4.12 evening - The Leaving Feast - EVERYONE.

Rothgar sat at the high table with his son and immediate family, as well as their hosts and their family. A crowded place, but necessary as tonight's announcements would concern them all.

Most of the assembled nobles had taken their places for the meal though many remained milling about. Rothgar signaled to his herald. The man stood and stepped out in front of the table to rap his staff on the stone three times.

"His Grace, Rothgar, First of His Name, Far-Seeing lord of the Gryphon Throne, King of Mountains and Shore, Vale and Shoal, Patriarch of House Vellfyre does grant the name of Vellfyre to Lady Valisa, former Stone, daughter of Lord Keegan Vellfyre."

The herald rapped on the floor another three times to silence rush of whispers. "And by his will, the hand of his ward, Alys Fairwind shall be granted to his most honored nephew, Kain of House Vellfyre."

Another rap of the staff.

"And by the grace of his cherished vassal, Lord Mondragon, in gratitude for his service and hospitality shall all the court witness the marriage of Lady Damiata of House Mondragon to Kalden of House Vellfyre in the Seventh Month."
Old 11-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

There was little to be read from Alys' expression. She sat, unaffected, her fingers wrapped around her cup of wine, her sharp, blue eyes staring intently at the king as the announcement was made... Somebody beside her offered a congratulations... and she ignored it... Ignored it and took a deep, deep drink... Emptying her cup in one go.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:25 PM   #3
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Kain snorted at the bit about 'most beloved nephew.' Otherwise, he took the news with impassivity. The blackened left eye and a knot on the side of his head were enough to keep him from making a scene: he'd already made one with his uncle that morning in the royal chambers and gotten the sharp end of the king's temper for it. Still, it was worth it: he'd said his piece. Whatever disaster his uncle wrought out of it now wasn't Kain's fault.

So he sat, drank and gave a half-amused smile at a couple of the jests aimed his way.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:12 AM   #4
(Lady) Amina Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)

Amina smiled and laughed with the people seated nearest her...until the announcement came...one that she simultaneously feared, and dreaded. Lady Alys...and...Kain...gods, Alys was so much more pretty than Amina was...Kain would prefer her to Amina...of course he would...Alys would be his wife, and...and...

Her face drained of all color, all sound left the room, and all she could think about was leaving. Which she did, once the announcements finished. "I...no...I'm fine. I just...need some air. Excuse me..." she said, and did her level best not to break out into a run. Though she did walk at a faster pace than normal...
Old 11-06-2015, 01:43 AM   #5
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Damiata wore a blue dress with a little silver edging that was both beautiful and completely made over- it was Freya's before her first baby's birth, briefly worn by Tareza and now... Dami's face paled as the announcement rang through the room. She ducked her head to avoid her sisters' furious glares but glanced up at the high table just once to see Freya and then Jacen who caught her eye with a faint smile and encouraging nod. Only then did she dare look for one half-heartbeat at Kalden Vellfyre before she picked up her goblet and gulped down some wine.

"Scheming brat what strategem employ'd thou to gain the hand? Twixt thy legs, was't found or didst thou winkle grim enchantment out Irisa's gnarled hands?" Tareza hissed.

"No, none at all. I just--"

"Leave thy snarling, sister mine," Pareza intervened in a voice as quiet as her twin's. "Jealousies are pointless in such matters. Dami's done thee a favor for now we can gain the court and without settling for the first man who offers to take us thence." She smiled sweetly but Dami didn't return the gesture.

"True enough," she answered with a sigh. "If not I, Valisa might take thee as well. She's now a Vellfyre without even a husband called for."
Old 11-06-2015, 01:54 AM   #6
(Lady) Salindra Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

The maid protested. She protested all while dressing Salindra in her favorite green gown that offset the color of her eyes...she protested while pinning up Salindra's hair...she protested while bedecking her in her favorite earrings. "I am on the mend," she said, while instructing her maid not to lace her up tight...merely snug enough to where the gods-damned dress would stay on. "And if it should annoy the king or anger him...I have my ways of calming him down." She winked. "Wish me luck..." her bravado masked her frazzled nerves, however...

Her skirts swished about her ankles as she made her way to the dining hall, and she entered just in time to hear the announcements. Oh my, what fun. A bastard made royal...Lord Kalden set to make another girl miserable, and gods, Alys and Kain. What a horribly incompatible match if ever there was one.

"My dear, dear, lady Salindra..." she heard a voice beside her, turned, and smiled. "Guy!" She greeted her cousin with a tender hug. "It feels like it's been an age. I'm glad to see you well."

"And you, Sally." Salindra made a face at the nickname and swatted at him. "Since you've just arrived, let me show you where everyone's sitting..."

Salindra glanced at the king...she didn't wish to be presumptuous and disturb him. And she wished to put some distance between them before the inevitable annoyance of her on his part. "Of course, cousin." She took his arm, and let him lead her to the table where quite a few Harrowmonts took up residence.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:05 AM   #7
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

His Grace, blah blah...grand master and lord over every blade of grass and pile of dogshit...Kalden rolled his eyes, briefly, at the overdone platitudes. The announcement at one of his father's bastards, however, being named Vellfyre..."Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck." he muttered. He narrowed his eyes at his uncle...he knew exactly was that fucker was doing...he wanted Kalden to make an outburst. He wanted Kalden to make a scene. That wasn't going to happen. And he'd be gods-damned if he was ever going to considered the little bastard any sister of his. Vellfyre-named or no. So she could, in his opinion, go fuck herself.

All his focus and attention went on his betrothed, who looked about ready to faint. Gods...he chanced a nod and a small encouraging smile in her direction. For once, he didn't seem overly disgusted at the idea of being wed...and he laughed, inwardly, at Kain. Asshole was getting exactly what he deserved in Alys. Let them both rot in misery...
Old 11-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #8
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The morning of the 12th hit and Valisa sensed that everything was wrong. Whatever her mother planned had began to bore fruit. Her mother burst into her chambers in a flurry of commands and actions to the servants that trailed behind her. She was made to dress what she felt was a bit ostentatiously even though the gown was re-worked from one of her mother's courtly gowns. It was re-cut using the same material, but altered into a current fashion. Then she was practically held prisoner and spied on when she demanded to be allowed to leave to run the errands that she had for the day along with the families she wanted to see.

The look on her mother's face made Valisa angry and aloof, but the woman was too content to notice or care only making the woman become even more frustrated. Of course, she could not shake the servants that were assigned to her made to keep watch and to ensure that she did not run away or worse.

The night of, she sat as she was dressed almost ceremoniously feeling as if she was preparing for some ritual suicide or being fed to some monster as a sacrifice. Brianda was cooing and gushing which Valisa eventually had to tune her out feeling a loss. Even then she was kept in the dark of what her fate was.

At the feast, Brianda was be her side the whole time. Her grip on her was viselike and even though an excuse or two was made, her mother made sure to keep Valisa in her sights and then again by her side. Then the announcements came and her mother practically lit up and that grin...it made her actually feel hatred towards the woman. She looked towards the high table and then towards the herald as he spoke the words and then heard her name. Eyes shifted towards her mother and then towards the herald as her father's name was announced and that she was now named Vellfyre. no...no, no, no NONOOOOO!!!!! Her mind practically screamed as she grew pale. Her body shook with the pent up emotions and she felt tears threatening to spill which she kept at bay by not looking at anyone.

"Mother, let me go!" She hissed softly, uncaring of the eyes that were upon her or the other announcements that were being made. Valisa twisted her arm to break her mother's hold, she walked out of the feasting hall without a backwards glance. Two servants were sent along to follow after her.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #9
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The smile he'd given Dami faded into a look of concern as Valisa fled the hall. He didn't need to turn to his wife- Freya's hand tightened hard on Jacen's wrist at the table.

"Shall I see to her?" Freya whispered. Jacen shook his head as Brianda made a jesting apology to those near her- probably something about upset nerves and too much wine...

"I'll find her in a bit." He turned his hand to catch Freya's and brought it up to place a kiss on her wrist. Freya answered that with a smile but the look in her eyes was pure irritation. He let her hand go and glanced along at the prince and his father.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #10
(Lady) Carolei Vikary
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Carolei was resplendent in peach brocade trimmed in cream silk. A gold lion hung between her breasts and another circled her wrist, just in case anybody forgot whose daughter she was. Seated among the retinue she was trying not to look too often at the high table (specifically at the king's brother) but her gaze strayed that direction as the announcements droned on... Only Amina's sudden flight got her attention off its favored object. The warmly neutral look of contentment vanished from Carolei's features and she wrinkled her nose but since Lenore was doubtless going to be busy fuming at getting a half-sister, Carolei sighed and rose to her feet to go deal with the ridiculous Solvitreo.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #11
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Briefly, Melantha had considered not attending the farewell feast, having a readily available excuse of her head pounding again from the damnable headache. How long could an injury from a stone last? But there was salvaging to do. Her son's betrothal was to be announced, and she would be present for this one.

She had chosen a deep blue gown, with cutaway sleeves so that her broken arm could be laced across her stomach and not strain her. She also chose a half-veil for the evening, rather than a full veil, so that her expressions could easily be seen. She would not allow anyone to accuse her of cowardice, certainly not any stone-bound mountain folk. Completely ignoring any seating chart, she chose a seat beside her son, in solidarity. She would also need to be near in case his temper spiked.

But Kalden proved her proud. He only cursed briefly as Valisa's new name was given, and she put her hand on his arm gently so he could see that she was unsurprised. In fact, it was a show for the gathered to demonstrate that she was perfectly aware of the announcement before it occurred. It would serve to give the impression that she had allowed such in return for a betrothal for her son, and rumor was better than fact any day. Any hint to her true feelings about the situation was conspicuously absent.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #12
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

Rothgar nodded toward Salindra and Gaiseric as his new mistress took her seat, but it was something else that stole his attention away as Keegan's newly-recognized daughter broke from her mother's grasp to make an escape. He looked at his brother with a faintly amused half-smile. "Just how much of a conversation did you have with the girl again, Bryce?" he asked under his breath as he leaned his brother's direction.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #13
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Dami caught Kalden's nod and her expression for a moment was one of gratitude for the gesture but Tareza's whispered discontent continued and she didn't want to keep staring at the high table. Even if she wondered which god had decided to answer her prayers in such a strange manner...

"Dami, as thou art not yet a gryphon's bride, wouldst kill thee to see the cups refill'd?" Tareza demanded. "How to run a man's household when you cannot even help in this one..." Damiata answered by getting to her feet and going to seek out which servant could be coaxed back within Tari's reach.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #14
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Bryce's eyes narrowed slightly at the display before him, and he sipped the wine to keep from saying anything. Then he looked over at his brother and sighed. "You know well it could hardly have been called that," Bryce said in equally hushed tones.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:02 AM   #15
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

As requested, Tyana decided to take the plunge. She made friends as easily with nobles and more so with those that held no titles. Their lutist tripped and fell injuring his hands and she offered to play a few sets in his stead. Wearing a lovely rich burgundy colored gown lined in gold, she stood out like a beacon amongst the other entertainers.

The Solvitreo waited for the announcements to be over before they began to play the first set. It was all music that was well heard and well practiced knowing it well enough to play it blindfolded.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:14 AM   #16
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa's blue velvet gown rustled as she shifted in her seat. She tried not to fidget but her stomach rumbled and she kept restlessly nibbling at the edge of her trencher despite the fact the bread vessel was about as appetizing as eating an actual plate. Only Valisa Stone-now-Vellfyre's flight got much interest from her.

Finally the servers began showing up with food and she practically fainted in relief all over the first page who set a tray of meat pies in front of them. She didn't even care that they'd put too much sage or something in the venison: it was so much better than an empty stomach.

Only after she'd taken the first bite did she bother looking over at her husband with a question on her lips. "Is Valisa going to be my new lady-in-waiting? I wanted it to be Zoe."
Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 AM   #17
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

He laughed at his brother's sigh. "Ah, yes. That's right... you are set upon making a solid impression upon the children lately. Don't worry, a few weeks with the court will knock the girl silly enough without you bothering about it."
Old 11-09-2015, 01:19 AM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason's eyes were fixed on a particular point in the hall, but when he heard his wife's voice, he turned to look at her, his expression softening as he leaned closer just a bit to hear her better. "I hadn't considered it," Jason told her honestly. "I think, at the moment, she's serving somebody else... I'm not certain when she'll be released from that..."
Old 11-09-2015, 02:04 AM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Parissa's brows drew together and she tilted her head as she looked over at Jason. "Surely she'll be at court soon...? Do you think there'll be a lot of legitimized Vellfyres?" she asked more quietly since he'd leaned closer. "I hadn't thought about that before... I mean, your brothers and sisters and all. But I thought it was usually recognizing them...?"
Old 11-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #20
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Lenore's eyes widened slightly at Rothgar's announcement, her eyes zoomed in on her new sister as the woman rushed away. She stared for a long moment, not really hearing about Kain's announcement. She had a sister. She had a sister... she had a bastard sister. Shivering, she composed herself, though her grip tightened around the stem over her wine glass and she looked away... at anything as long as it wasn't at anyone who knew her. Shifting she took a step farther to the outer edge, her body moving numbly, her dark eyes sought her mother and her brothers out.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:31 AM   #21
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I doubt it," Jason answered, reaching beneath the table to take her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I think you may well know the reason why. But when you come to bed tonight, we shall talk about it more in length. As well as arranging for your cousin to join your household if that is your wish." Or somebody's household.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:36 AM   #22
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her grin returned and her hand wrapped around his under the table. "You are the kindest husband, my prince. Thank you... I do wish you could dance tonight. I'll expect many more dances with you in Moonspire, though. To balance the ledger."
Old 11-10-2015, 01:41 AM   #23
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We could try," he said, looking out towards the floor with a playful grin. "Maybe we can convince the musicians to play dreadfully slow... I can just amble my way through." Not much considering his audience, or if anybody was even looking at them, he lifted her hand from beneath the table to bring her knuckles to his lips. "I promise you all the dances you desire, my wife."
Old 11-10-2015, 01:55 AM   #24
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"At Moonspire. I-I'd rather you heal than dance." She faltered when he kissed her knuckles, and her cheeks turned pink. Parissa ducked her head, trying not to look as flustered as she felt at the gesture. "We... um. We should... do you like the wine?"
Old 11-10-2015, 02:06 AM   #25
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The wine is good," he nodded, not looking away from her. "We've a long journey ahead of us... Perhaps there's something to be said about retiring early?" If only they could retire now...
Old 11-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #26
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That... might be wise," she admitted. Parissa bit her lower lip and gave her husband a cautious, considering look. "Perhaps after the... second set of songs? I promised to dance with Ser Jacen. And I want to make Varric practice the dance for Summer's Day before we get to Moonspire." Letting a feast pass without making Jason's squire at least a little miserable was unthinkable.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:51 AM   #27
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That will at least be interesting to watch," he chuckled, glancing to where Varric was. "I think he's fond of you... Don't let the scowling fool you. He's learning from me a bit too well in that."
Old 11-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #28
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valisa re-entered the feasting hall and even managed to give a half smile that may have even looked apologetic. Immediately, she went to her mother and at least to everyone else looked as if she was making amends. The smile as not so bright and big to make her cheeks hurt, but she went through the motions to at least appear grateful at her change in fate behaving as if she were honored by it. If anything she attempted to keep her promises and she made every attempt to look the part even if all would change after tonight.
Closed Thread

Tags
alys fairwind, amina solvitreo, bryce vellfyre, carolei vikary, damiata mondragon, jacen mondragon, jason vellfyre, kain vellfyre, kalden vellfyre, melantha vellfyre, parissa harrowmont, rothgar vellfyre, salindra harrowmont, tyana solvitreo, valisa stone