Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default 4.08.31 (afternoon) | Brood Wars | Lucia, Kalden (ask to join)

There was much on her mind. There was always much on her mind. But today the muchness on her mind was quite much, and she needed a distraction before she pulled a Tyana Solvitreo and sparked a fire just because she needed to do something to let out her frustration. And her anger. Oh-so-much anger... And not all of the anger was directed at the obvious. Some of it was dispersed in small parts among members of her own family.

In particular: Kalden.

Not only Kalden, but he was the one she was going to see at the moment, so he was the one at the forefront of her mind. After knocking and making sure he was decent, she walked in and looked her cousin over. And then again. And then one more time.

"So... were you waiting for me to come see you, or...?" she took a few steps towards him, stopping in front of him and reaching out to fix one of his buttons. "If it's 'or', then I cracked first... I missed you too damned much to not come and see you. I came earlier, actually, but was told you were with the king? Glad to see you're not dead. Am I allowed to hug you, or should I wait until you tire of me and kick me out?"
Old 11-06-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

She came in without being announced. Quite typical of Lucia...she still seemed the same. Even if there was a glint of anger in her eyes, directed at him. "I...I've been busy?" Kalden raised a brow, and held his arms out. "Of course you're allowed to hug me. I don't remember ever forbidding you to do as such."
Old 11-06-2015, 03:15 AM   #3
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Too busy to see me?" Lucia asked, moving closer to him, arm embracing him with a happiness that belied her tone. "You think I'd be used to it... Anyway, I'm glad you're back. Are you planning on being busy now? I thought you and I might be able to talk for a bit. Maybe go for a walk... I could do with some fresh air, I think."
Old 11-10-2015, 02:53 AM   #4
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well no, I don't plan on being busy...and truth be told I'm looking for an excuse to not be busy in terms of duties. A walk and fresh air would do the both of us wonders, I think."
Old 11-11-2015, 01:15 AM   #5
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Would excuses get you far with our cousin?" she asked, holding her hand out for his arm. "You've no idea... And the sooner my sister breathes Tal Vayth air and not the same air I am breathing, all the better... Come."
Old 11-12-2015, 12:21 AM   #6
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If it comes to family, possibly." He offered his arm, and waited till she took it before talking again. "What is the ever-pious Elinor doing this time? Did she die of shock from having her virginity taken away yet? Or did she find some new way to make everyone's lives miserable?"
Old 11-12-2015, 03:08 AM   #7
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ever-pious..." she snorted. "It would be the decent thing to do if she did die of shock... But alas, the bitch breathes, yet. The gods see fit to punish everybody around her... Perhaps there's something to be said for constant prayer... Even if it does come from insincere lips..." She sneered and then looked up at him. "For now... she's content to make only me miserable... She may as well have told Jason I'm a seductress. I'm only lucky in that he didn't seem to believe her... Of course, this is all second-hand... But I know Lenore wouldn't lie to me."
Old 11-12-2015, 03:20 AM   #8
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Seductress?" He let out a barking laugh. "This wouldn't have anything to do with that Ser Jayme, now would it? Any time your name is mentioned about him, the poor sod gets all moon-faced."
Old 11-12-2015, 03:26 AM   #9
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia blushed. "It would... I'm not sure what was said... Only that Jason spoke of it with Jayme... and Jayme felt his honor being besmirched by the nameless coward that would dare... And here I come to discover it was my very own sister... Even you find the thought to be ridiculous. I'm just as capable of seducing a man as you are a woman... I mean... sure we both could if we tried... but I think you and I can both agree if somebody doesn't like us without all that effort, it's not worth it."
Old 11-13-2015, 02:12 AM   #10
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Eh. Bide your time. Elinor will undoubtedly make herself look bad. Her cultivated brand of perfection doesn't fool anyone, and one of these days, she will stagger under the weight of it."
Old 11-13-2015, 02:16 AM   #11
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Or she will fool everybody... just like Lady Saherazai has..." She didn't actually know much about that situation. But she did know she didn't trust the woman. Or particularly like her. It was hard not to notice when one paid attention that something wasn't quite right. "She has twice spoken to me of a reconciliation... She wants us to be close. Again, she says. As if we ever were... But after the riots... No. I cannot give her that."
Old 11-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #12
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And no one is asking you to...I find it hard to believe that anyone is Elinor's biggest fan. Anyone that does like her has to have lost some amount of their sense. You can recognize that she is your sister and you can at least be civil in public, but in private it does not mean that you have to like her. Hate her to your heart's content, coz."
Old 11-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #13
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She gave a tight sort of smile and her hand tightened on his arm. "I... confess... I've had a hard time of... caring for many people... The riots opened my eyes to quite a lot of things, Kal... Like my place in this family..."
Old 11-17-2015, 02:36 AM   #14
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You really want to make such a confession to me, knowing full well exactly what I will say?" Kalden shook his head. "What you are saying to me is about to border too much on complaining and whining...have to wonder where the hells you learned that from. Gods I hope not from me..."
Old 11-17-2015, 02:40 AM   #15
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's not a complaint... It's a statement of fact. But I will say no more on it... I know better..." she said, looking away from him. "If I wanted sympathy, I would not go to another Vellfyre..."
Old 11-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #16
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yet you came to me." He raised a brow. "I may be a Vellfyre, yet one of the few who chooses not to sugarcoat things. So you came to one very much like yourself, coz...though I have to say I did not expect such a state of melancholy from you. Is Elinor truly fucking with you this much?"
Old 11-18-2015, 01:00 AM   #17
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I did not come to you to complain. I came to you because I missed you," she pointed out. But she sighed and shook her head. "It's not just Elinor... It's never just been Elinor. It's been... mostly my father... But in some measure, everybody else, too... Gods, I do sound like I'm whining. I want to hit myself."
Old 11-19-2015, 11:40 PM   #18
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Go ahead and hit yourself." He laughed. "If you're that intent on injury, of course...and I missed you too coz."
Old 11-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #19
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've had enough injury to last me the year, I think..." she said, half teasing but her eyes took on a darker look. "Though, how many ladies short of a shield maiden can boast two scars from being stabbed... I think if it happens a third time, I might actually win a prize... That's how it works, right?" Her hand squeezed his arm a little tighter, but it was hard to tell why. "Do try not to get sent away again... Sometimes I feel so... fucking weak. You're the only one who reminds me how stupid that is... without even having to say a damned word, too. It's just not the same when you're gone."
Old 11-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #20
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I am unsure of who told you that you win prizes for being stabbed, but they're full of shit." Kalden joked, and rolled his eyes at her ultimatum. "Please. It isn't my fault if people at court decide to be stupid and make stupid decisions. Though I've decided to wash my hands of both Lenore and Kain. If they want to continue to act the part of fools, that is their problem. I no longer care and no longer wish to be involved in their dramatics."
Old 11-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #21
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Who isn't these days?" Lucia asked seriously. "I love your sister dearly, but in this, I think you've the right of it... I cannot speak to her senses on this matter... Sometimes it seems she likes only that which is terrible for her."
Old 11-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #22
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such is her folly. No amount of talking to her will change her outlook...and she tends to take things to the extreme. But I can no longer be blamed for her poor decisions. The outburst at the Misrule celebrations has come and gone. I made my penance and my peace. I lied to cover her ass, and this is how I get repaid. I know how my sister is, a lot better than most, but in this, if she chooses to drown, I'm afraid I'll have to her drown."
Old 11-21-2015, 03:13 PM   #23
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We are all of us in some measure quite selfish... And in some ways foolish... Lenore always has so much to say when she thinks you're making mistakes... but in the face of her own, she is deaf to all others..."
Old 11-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #24
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My mistakes? They are committed out in the open, for all to see. Always have been. She prefers to commit mistakes in private, and then act doe-eyed and innocent when they're finally brought to the light. In this, I somewhat blame my father. He was always too soft on her...and while you need a lighter touch with a girl, it shouldn't always be light." Kalden shrugged. "Seems like we both have annoying siblings to deal with, do we not?"
Old 11-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #25
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't know if that's a preference or an instinct... Sometimes I legitimately think she believes herself innocent in all of this..." She scowled then and shook her head. "What Lenore is doing and what Elinor did are not comparable... Lenore's being senseless... Elinor turned her back on me."
Old 11-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #26
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Both require measures of idiocy, cousin. And both are equally annoying. Not one of us is a martyr, so it would be foolish to portray ourselves as so. All we can do is hope they'll wise up. Or hope that we can find it in our somewhat stony hearts to forgive them...but on our own time. Not anyone else's."
Old 11-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #27
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm not a martyr... I would make a terrible one, you're right... But I am angry. And I am allowed to be... And as far as forgiveness goes, it is not hurt that keeps me from giving it to her... It's fury... I doubt there will ever come a resolution between me and my sister..."
Old 11-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #28
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Like I said...on your own time," he repeated, his tone more gentle. "Not on anyone else's. We have to want to change, to forgive...no one can force us to."
Old 11-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #29
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm glad at least somebody understands it..." she said, looking at him, though there was pain behind her blue eyes. "Are you happy, Kalden?"
Old 11-25-2015, 04:57 AM   #30
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Happy can mean a great deal many things...do you mean at this moment, or in general?" Kalden shrugged. "If you mean at this moment, I'm faring better than most, I suppose. In general...it depends on the day."
Closed Thread

Tags
kalden vellfyre, lucia vellfyre