Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 11:57 PM   #61
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

"Everybody knows the sort of man Kain is... Why did you think he would change?"
Old 12-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #62
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“That’s the thing… I didn’t think he would change. That’s why I knew it wasn’t going to end well… I hoped he would.” She frowned then, “And before you ask… why did I hope he would because… because…” Len seemed to be searching her mind for something. “Just when I was least expecting it… Kain would drop his pretenses and be something more… he’d give me moments that were… that were truly spectacular.”

Dropping her almond shaped eyes to Lucia, “Moments of the most absurd tenderness. A glance, touch, or a kiss that just… made you forget the bad… made you want to hope for more.”
Old 12-01-2015, 01:04 AM   #63
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Kain didn't drop his pretenses. He was Kain... Nobody is all bad or all good... And anybody who convinces you otherwise is a liar and a fraud. It was just a matter of measurements... Measuring one against the other... Was Kain's bad heavier than his good? For a time, you didn't think so... Maybe not it's not so clear... But men with demons who haunt their minds are still capable of spectacular emotion... Even my own brother has apologized and affirmed his love for me despite the knife he buried in my back."

She shook her head. "Men are good at that... Making you hope for more... even when you know it's impossible."
Old 12-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #64
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“You are exactly right on that…” Len murmured with a heavy sigh… “Gods, when did you get so damned smart.” Glancing wryly at Lucia hoping it’d at least make her smile a little, “It was about measurements, but not just his measurements but mine as well. When had I lost sight of me? Where had I gone?” Feigning interest in her hands again, “After Edric, I think I would have done anything for a bit of attention… At first, it was noticeable how much I had lost who I had been but… I don’t know… somewhere along all of this, maybe it was the divorce and knowing he no longer controlled my life and I started to change… my standards started to change.” She shrugged, “Doesn’t mean, a part of me does not love Kain but… I am not okay with just being another one of his… pets.”

Frowning at the comparison of Kaleb and Kain, she wasn’t sure really what to say to that, thankfully the conversation drifted again.

Len smiled almost a little bitterly and nodded, “Yes… yes they are and we seem to always want to hope for more despite our good sense telling us it’s impossible.”
Old 12-01-2015, 01:49 AM   #65
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I was born this way," she teased. "Everybody loses sight, Lenore... At different points. You were trapped in a terrible marriage in some ways... Perhaps he did not strike you, but he was cruel in his own way, and he trapped you in your own home and in your own head... Then you broke free... Of course you felt empowered in your freedom... Now you're coming down from it." She frowned. "Good... Then you've not lost too much of yourself, Len."

She shrugged. "No... I'm listening to my good sense... I don't expect more than what I have... I'm learning what to do with it is all."
Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 AM   #66
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore just sort of stared at Lucia with her usual stunned sort of look as Lucia spoke. Sometimes it could be frustrating for her to be the way she was but most of the time… it caught Lenore off guard, probably, more so because Lenore was always flying off with a reckless sort of abandonment that seemed to be an inherent part of her character. Lucia’s grounded logic and Lenore’s fly by the seat of your pants approach to life was vastly different but perhaps that was the glue that held the two of them together.

After a moment, “I suppose that is how best to look at it… I think you’ve just summed my entire marriage up win less than five sentences and I am thoroughly impressed… but… I guess time will tell just how much of me I have lost in all of this… I’d like to think… Like to hope rather that I haven’t lost too much of myself.”

Shooting Lucia a questioning look, “With Jayme?” Taking a deep breath, “You have always had tenfold the sense that I have… hold on to that… life is much more difficult when you don’t listen to that logical reasoning in your head…”
Old 12-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #67
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't think you have... But if you keep dwelling on it, while you won't lose much, you won't gain much either... Draven used to tell me that all animals have to change to survive... Humans, too... We are curious... We touch fire and find out it's hot... and so we learn not to touch it again... That is a change, isn't it? The learning? Every lesson changes us... Makes us wiser... Even if those lessons hurt."

She nodded. "Not just with Jayme... With everybody... I think... if I'm to find my way in this court, I need to figure out how best to serve our uncle..."
Closed Thread

Tags
lenore vellfyre, lucia vellfyre