Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:15 AM   #31
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

"Maybe it is..." Lucia said. "Maybe not everything has a purpose... Or every person... For the life of me, I can't imagine mine..."
Old 11-25-2015, 01:52 AM   #32
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

That forced a laugh out of Lenore and she winced a little, “Purpose… that’s a joke. I do not believe we have a purpose, not really, at least not one that the gods intended. I suspect we are no more than dolls to them… a few scraps of fabric and some paint… completely and entirely inconsequential to their lives. Little more then toys...”
Old 11-25-2015, 02:13 AM   #33
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You are confusing," Lucia grinned. "One moment spouting optimism... And then that."
Old 11-25-2015, 04:07 AM   #34
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

If you expected to get sound advice, you’ve sadly come to the wrong bedroom for that.” Len mumbled with no real venom. “I don’t know whether I am coming or going these last few days… everything I thought I knew, I’ve found out I don’t know.”

She let out a deep breath, “You have a problem of feeling like you are a part of this family but I can assure you, it’s worse taking one step forward and three steps backwards, and that’s exactly what I feel like my life has been doing as of this past year.”
Old 11-25-2015, 04:14 AM   #35
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's not a feeling... I'm not. I've got the name but nothing else... They recognize me when I'm of use and forget me all other times... Even my own sister couldn't remember I was near dead that one time..."
Old 11-25-2015, 04:26 AM   #36
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Your sister has always been a poor judge of character. And it is not entirely true that you are not recognized as family. I am a Vellfyre and I acknowledge you as family… saying that you are not part of this family would mean you were not a part of me and that is not true. You may not feel a part of this family but you are most certainly related to me. We are blood…” Lenore said firmly.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:27 AM   #37
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She gets it from our father..." Lucia said, deadpanned. "You know that when I speak these things, you and Ziamara are the exceptions... You've always been more a sister to me than my own."
Old 11-25-2015, 04:45 AM   #38
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, I know... but I do wonder if you think about us when you start feeling like you are not a part of this family. We are your family." Len squeezed Lucia again then settled back to watch her. "When examining the others... consider the source... if you really wish to see what it looks like to be disconnected from the family look at Valencia." She sighed, "You are a long way from being treated like her, though she brings a lot of it upon herself... that is what it looks like to not be a part of this family."
Old 11-25-2015, 05:24 AM   #39
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And yet... Jason would die for her... and she is still a princess. That cannot be discounted no matter what she's done to alienate herself... Meanwhile... I've ever done what I was supposed to do... I've never brought shame to my name or to my father... And I'm treated as if, at any moment, I'm going to turn like Kaleb... It should have been me, Lenore... I should have become Lady Vayth..." There. She said it.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #40
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

As Lucia admitted something, Lenore had already figured out Len sat there quietly waiting for it to dawn on Lucia. Sometimes saying the words out loud were more powerful than even realizing them inside. “Luc, the world is hardly fair… You know she was married to him not because of her outstanding character nor her well behavior but because she was the eldest.”

Her hands fiddled with a loose thread on her favorite robe. “In a fair and just world, you would have become Lady Vayth. You should have been Lady Vayth… but we are just coinage… the first gold coin in the bag is the one you draw out to spend… Elinor was that gold coin.”
Old 11-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #41
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Elinor is cheap copper in a gold plate! She doesn't know the first thing about managing a household, let alone a major one like Lord Vayth's! While we trained and learned our way about the court, she kept her head in the clouds and her thoughts on prayer. While I managed to learn something useful with Master Draven, she turned to frivolity and uselessness... She was rewarded for her ineptitude... Whether or not that was the intent, that's what came of it... She deserved Gawen Vayth... But she does not deserve Rhaegar..."
Old 11-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #42
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Yes, she is. I completely agree… but to the untrained eye… copper and gold look very similar. They both look shiny.” Len sighed, “I won’t argue with you on that point… Gawen would have suited her much better, or even Ser Adan. Rhaegar seems a bit of a prize for her but that’s the way the dice fall, Luc.”

Frowning, “Have you spoken to Elinor recently? I swear Rhaegar better keep her on a leash or his bride is going to get her eyes clawed out. How long before she’s tucked away in Vayth trying to run her household?”
Old 11-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #43
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And which eyes are not trained?" Lucia asked. "She deserved to pay for what she did to you... To me... And instead, she gets Rhaegar Vayth? How does that teach her anything? No... She will look at it and see it as vindication... Her gods damned prayers answered... Be a selfish cunt, and the gods shall provide... Damn it all, I hate her..."

Lucia seethed. "Not soon enough... The only thing worse than her being Lady Vayth is for me to have to watch her be Lady Vayth..."
Old 11-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #44
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Anyone who agrees to marry a woman who has spent her life up till this point believing her life was meant to be lived as a priestess.” Lenore tilted her head back against the headboard as she thought about it.

She looked back to the seething Lucia, “Elinor is spinning her web, spinning this story to make it seem like she has won everything but give her time… things will crumble. We are Vellfyres… things always crumble when we touch it.”
Old 11-27-2015, 01:38 AM   #45
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Agrees? It was contracted. And would you say no to the king when he asks you to wed a Vellfyre? He had as much a choice in his bride as we do in our husbands..." she grumbled.

And then her frown deepened. "Except kingdoms... Vellfyres are good at war. Good at... a lot of things. But not good at sentiment, I think... Or maybe it's just the curse the Vellfyre women have..."
Old 11-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #46
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“If I was smart I would.” Lenore muttered sardonically. It wasn’t true, the consequences from not marrying an offered Vellfyre were grave indeed.

She sighed, “True. We are good at war… both foreign and domestic. I think it would be only natural that sentiment was a trait not easily found in us considering that fact. It’s hard to be good at war and have a great amount of sentiment at the same time.” Thinking back to another conversation that they’d had about whether it was better to be a blond or a brunette, and deciding that the grass was always greener on the other side, Len added, “Maybe this is another case of wanting something that is not within our reach… we are good at war, at fighting, even among ourselves but sentiment is something completely from our grasps… maybe it’s best to just take that we are good at war and forget everything else. Stop reaching for more.”
Old 11-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #47
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She turned back to look at Lenore. "Completely from our grasps? Perhaps that is not so. I have seen fewer people more passionate than our uncles and aunts... Our cousins, even. Nobody loves with more ferocity than a Vellfyre... But that is the problem, too... That our love is fierce... And that we approach it not unlike King Kadreth would have an enemy on the field of battle... You could never accuse a member of our family of having a cold heart... Even Elinor loves passionately... It is only that she loves herself..."
Old 11-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #48
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled a little at that thought, “Oh, no I know we are passionate creatures… the blood flows a bit warmer through us then in most families. Everything we feel seems like it’s one extreme or another, but… there is quite a big difference between passion and compassion… the first we all have the second one… I think comes in bits and spurts and I know for me, never at the right moment.”

Frowning, “I don’t know if Elinor really loves herself that much, in fact… I am not even sure she can really stand herself. She clings to the Gods, not because she believes in that they will help us but because to not cling to them would mean she’d actually have to acknowledge she’s not whatever fairy tale she’s cooked up in that brain of hers.”
Old 11-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #49
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'd rather honesty than compassion," Lucia said with a sniff. "I've not much use for compassion myself... Not in any measure. Even in my studious, my tutors have never possessed it. Lanius says that you don't learn from compassion. You learn from hard truth."

Lucia laid back on the cushion and gave a snort. "It doesn't matter what she believes... What I know is that if our positions had been reversed, if she was the one laid up after the riots, teetering between life and death... I would have had to be ripped from her side. I loved her better than she deserved... And now she cooks up excuse after excuse to make me forgive her... That's what really gets me... That she thinks she can just decide to make things better... Like it's up to her... and I have no say in the matter. I just have to go along with it."
Old 11-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #50
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore pondered that for a moment, “I’ve believed compassion was important but… the older I get the more I am starting to wan on that observation. It’s like feeding a stray dog… you feed it.. thinking… ‘yeah, this will give it a nice warm meal… maybe enough strength to catch a few mice the next day.’ But then… the next day comes and he there again wanting food again and pretty soon it’s just… give, give, give, give and the dog no longer has any interest in catching mice or rats or whatever.” She slumped a little, examining her bitten off nails for the first time, when had she bitten them off? “People seem to be like that too. You think you are helping them by letting them take and take and take… which is all okay… till you wake up and realize… you don’t have anything left to give and then what?” Sighing, “So maybe Lanius is right, you learn by the hard truths of the world.”

Looking sideways at Lucia, she listened and nodded her head. “There has to be a point when you realize that as much as you love them… it will always be you that ends up giving more and getting less.” Her thoughts drifted to Kain and she wrapped her arms around her. “Maybe there are some people out there who are content with having a little less… I don’t know… but… I can’t…” Slanting her eyes at Lucia, “And I don’t think you should either. These wounds weren’t made in a day… and they won’t heal in a day.”
Old 11-28-2015, 02:50 AM   #51
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lanius has often been right... About a lot of things..." Lucia said, a little... strangely.

"I don't know if it's about contentment. I think for us, for women... it's about acceptance. Finding a way to make it work. But if it's a choice... Finding a man that makes us happy in some measure... Kain was not a good choice for you, Lenore... But do you regret what came before finding out so harshly?"
Old 11-28-2015, 03:35 AM   #52
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Len noted the strangeness and simply gave Lucia a curious look but didn’t get a chance to prod her to explain.

Before she could, Lucia spoke again about contentments and men, and more specifically about Kain. Taking a deep breath, she tilted her head to watch Lucia for a moment. “Yes.” It seemed like a sure answer until it was quickly followed by, “No.” That answer was a bit less convincing… but became even more so when she quickly added again, “Maybe.” Frowning she shook her head, “Honestly, at this point I don’t really know.” She snorted, “People are never attracted to what is good for them… it goes against the grain of human nature.”
Old 11-28-2015, 03:41 AM   #53
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think you and I have not lived so long as to correctly guess at human nature," Lucia ventured. "And humans are so often so surprising... I think it is that we cannot help who we are attracted to, regardless of bad or good. After all... My father loved my mother and they seemed to get on just fine... with no hang ups. Other than her dying, of course..."
Old 11-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #54
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“It’s not how long you’ve lived, Luc… that deems if you can correctly guess at human nature but rather the sort of life you live.” Her eyes looked momentarily amused, “I think we live a rather full sort of life… the sort of life that exposes us to all sorts of people and their actions.”

“Some humans are surprising, but most are not… most have motives… agendas behind what they do and why they do what they do. They are surprising only if we do not know the motives behind which they are acting. If we do… I can’t say that they often surprise us.” She frowned then, “Good Gods, don’t say that, Lucia… if that’s the case I’ll never be free of that wretched man… I intend to change what I am attracted too… I have to change what I am attracted too…”
Old 11-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #55
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And the sort that keeps us from them, too..." Lucia pointed out.

She gave Lenore a look and shook her head. "That wretched man is still our cousin, Len... Still family. And if he is wretched, he deserves your pity more than your anger... Kain was... not himself. I am not defending him, but sometimes... that matters."
Old 11-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #56
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Len gave Lucia an odd look, “Hey… do you think that I am angry with him?” Her eyes darkened, “I meant that to be taken lightly, Luc. Kain wasn’t himself… our fight was as much my fault as it was his. I don’t wish him any ill will nor am I really angry with him… not in any sort of serious way.” She sighed, “I love Kain, with ever fiber of my being… but it’s not enough… not for him… and in the end it wasn’t enough for me.”
Old 11-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #57
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes," she said bluntly. "At least a little... Maybe not for what he did during your fight... But for what he did before..."
Old 11-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #58
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Len took a moment, then nodded her head, “Perhaps, I am a little angry… but in truth I am more disappointed in him… in me… in the two of us.” She sighed, “Maybe more disappointed in myself… I knew it wasn’t going to end well but I did exactly what I wished.”
Old 11-29-2015, 11:28 PM   #59
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If what you expected is what happened... why the disappointment? Were you hoping... he would prove you wrong?"
Old 11-29-2015, 11:47 PM   #60
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Sliding a look to Lucia, “Yes.” It was her turn to be blunt. “Yes… I was hoping to be proved wrong. I wanted to be proved wrong.”
Closed Thread

Tags
lenore vellfyre, lucia vellfyre