Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default 4.07.31 (night) | Company | Lucia, Lenore (ask to join)

Lucia was having... a strange day. So strange. It had started well enough, but then it took a turn. A quick, quick turn. And she was still trying to make some sense of it. Her eyes had the look of a woman a hundred leagues away even as she wandered the corridors of the castle, eventually making her way back to the rooms where she could sit in with Lenore. She'd taken to doing that more often than not... Lenore really was one of the few people she felt comfortable with here... And given what had happened, Lucia could not bear to be apart from her for too long. She usually brought sweets with her or books from which to read... But today, she brought only herself because it hadn't struck her she was empty handed.

Still, she smiled as she saw her cousin and took a seat on the bed beside her, idly playing with her hair.

"Is this progress over yet? I'm about done with it, I think..." she said, before plopping back to lay beside Lenore.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

With her arms wrapped around her knees, Lenore sat on her bed still in her robes, her hair down and loose. Staring off into space as Lucia came into the room, glancing up she almost offered a smile to her favorite cousin till she took one good look at Lucia and frowned. Scooting over she made room for Lucia next to her, Lenore’s hand softly patted the place for her.

“What wrong? You look like you’ve had a rough day. What is going on past my chamber door?” As Lucia lay back, Lenore’s head fell back against the headboard of the bed. “This wouldn’t have anything to do with Jayme would it?” Concern ebbed forward in her dark eyes as she turned her head to look at Lucia. “Elinor isn’t stirring stuff up again, I hope.”
Old 11-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #3
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It was like her cousin was reading her mind. And she was about to confirm that it was indeed, to her horror, about a man... What had her life come to? About to wax on about an aching heart like some besotted fool... But something stopped that. In fact, the feelings of despair and frustration were quickly replaced by something else. She looked sharply at Lenore as if trying to work out some riddle, and then shrugged.

"When is Elinor not stirring stuff up? But you'll have to be specific in this, coz... She's done so much of late..."
Old 11-04-2015, 01:10 AM   #4
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“It would seem your dear sister went to Jason out of concern for you… told him she suspected you were seducing Jayme.” Lenore’s rolled her eyes alittle, “Jason asked me what I thought about it… and I told him I thought Elinor was being spiteful… hoping she’d get you into trouble. I told him…”

She sighed, “I told him that was just the way Elinor was… and I told him I didn’t think you were seducing young Jayme… I do not think he put much stock in what Elinor had to tell him, he said her story changed a bit when she found out it would land Jayme in a bit of trouble if that were the case... in fact... I'd say your sister did not earn any brownie points with him for her latest little stunt.”

Shifting on the bed she wrapped an arm around her cousin, “And today, you have the look of a woman with a man on her mind… I do not have to be extremely smart to put things together, Luc. What is going on? Maybe I can help?”
Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's that his honor was questioned by a coward..." Lucia all but hissed. "And as it happens... a bitch. My sister... Oh, my sister... I half wish it were she locked in that tower and not my brother..." Lucia's jaw clenched and her fingers curled to form a fist. "How fucking unfair is it... that she should be such a bitch... such a lying, scheming cunt... and yet she gets everything...? I don't half wish it... I do wish the riots had taken her from us... Her and my father both... Gods... I hope a good fever takes her..."
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore sat quietly, listening to Lucia let out her frustrations and pondering on them herself. Her brows furrowed a little as Lucia ranted about wishing Elinor had died in the riots.

She was slow to speak, “What set her off this time to want to get you in trouble? I’d have thought she’d still been curled up in her bed whimpering about her lost innocence.”
Old 11-10-2015, 01:27 AM   #7
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Who knows? Maybe she's still sour I've not thrown myself at her ankles to tearfully accept her sad attempts at making amends... Maybe she's upset that I told her I wish to never see her again... Or that she'll make a terrible Lady Vayth... Or maybe it was Moonsday? I don't know... All I know was the bitch stuck her nose where it doesn't belong... And I'll not be soon forgetting it."
Old 11-10-2015, 02:17 AM   #8
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Rolling her eyes, “It always worries me when Elinor is making amends… I keep looking over my shoulder to see when the knife is due to fall into my back.” Reaching out she hugged Lucia, “I wish I could say something insanely poignantly truthful like… ‘Don’t hold onto your anger, it’ll eat away at what happiness is left in you.’” Len sighed, her fierce grip tightened on Lucia in a protective hug, “But I can’t, not today and probably not tomorrow. Today the only truthful thing I can say is… The bitch has it coming, but tread carefully not to upset Rhaegar in the process… give Elinor the rope to hang herself.”
Old 11-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #9
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't know what is worse to consider... That the bitch is conniving enough to play such games and hide it behind ignorance... Or that she may truly be this ignorant... She would tell our cousin, Jason, the future king of Edolon, that I am wanton...? That I am a seductress... For all her moaning about a reconciliation, how am I to believe it when she so easily can speak ill of me?" Lucia looked back at Lenore, a pain in her deep, blue eyes. "This anger has taken root... I fear it will not be leaving me... What care have I to upset Rhaegar? He is not my husband... He is Lord Vayth, true, but I am still a Vellfyre..."
Old 11-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #10
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore slumped a little, looking a bit disgusted. “Elinor is not ignorant.” Len stared at her wall for a moment in thought. “If she told Jason that and Jason played to her sympathies… like everyone else does… your list of friends would greatly reduce if the future king was irked with you.” Arching her eyebrows, “If you had less support, you would would need your sister… if she could manipulate the situation to where she could be there for you when everyone else was against you don’t you think it would make her happier.” Lenore shot Lucia a glance and reached out to touch her pretty golden hair and sighed.

“Her goal was, I am sure, for you never to know what she did.” She stroked her hair again. “Your dear sister, is as much a Vellfyre as any of the rest of us… we each have our own ways of being deceitful but in the end… we all manipulate situations to get what we want… if we didn’t we wouldn’t have stayed in power for as long as we have. Just because Elinor masks hers with holy righteousness doesn’t change the fact. Shit is still shit, even if it’s served on a golden platter.”

Dropping her hand from Lucia’s hair, she frowned, “He may not be your husband but you are fond of him are you not? Even if you are not fond of him in the manner you once were… unless something has altered, I do not believe you so fickle with your allegiance to friends.”
Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #11
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It would have all been for naught, Lenore... She turned her back on you. She hurt you when your husband was moving to strike against you, using your own children against you. Even if she'd not neglected me whilst I recovered, I could never have forgiven her for that. She's a Vellfyre... But she looks down her nose at the rest of us as if she had a fucking right. Who the fuck is she to do that? What makes her so damned special?"

Lucia sighed and then looked down at the ground. "I love Jayme. I mean it when I say that... But I do often think of Rhaegar... Of that kiss... Of his kind words to me. I hate that she got to marry him... She doesn't deserve him. And I hate that... that he said we were friends... and we haven't..." She closed her eyes. "He's been busy. I'm not so selfish to think he's avoiding me on purpose. But... there's a part of me that resents him for it... Because there's a part of me that knows I'm never somebody's first choice... Even with Jayme, who loves me in return... he'll always put his duty and honor ahead of me. It's just... how it is. How it will always be."
Old 11-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #12
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Sighing, “Elinor has always resented our closeness… seeing me take a hit fed her ego, I am sure.” Lenore spoke slowly as she thought about Elinor, “She had Edric wrapped her little finger and it must have felt like a personal gain to see her side win… even if it meant another Vellfyre lost.” Growing quiet for a moment, she frowned then ran her fingers through Lucia’s hair again. “Looking down upon us makes her feel better about herself, she’s too afraid to live her life… when have you ever seen her not play it safe?”

Her fingers stilled and she bent to turn and look at Lucia as she admitted to loving Jayme. Something softened in her dark eyes and she almost smiled. “Really?” She murmured and almost smiled, “Jayme seems like a good sort.” Settling back into her pillow she thought about what Lucia was saying, her fingers moving again wincing a little at the ‘I’m never somebody’s first choice…’

“Luc, I told Jason the same thing about myself, but you know what I realized…” Leaning forward she turned to look at Lucia in the eyes again. “I realized that was not true. I am somebody’s first. I am my first choice and it’s the same with you… in matters of love you have to be your first choice or… or… you’ll grow to hate yourself.” She squeezed Lucia to her in a hug, “It’s their loss if you are not their first choice.”
Old 11-16-2015, 11:41 PM   #13
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I wonder if that makes her resent Ziamara, too... Knowing that with the two of you, there's something she could never understand. Oh, Lenore... I wish I could hate her. I do... I hate my father, why can't I hate her so easily? But it's almost... not worth it... She's not worth it... I feel like hating her gives her too much credit..."

She did manage a smile then. "He's... kind to me. And when he looks at me, I know he sees me. The real me. Not some pretty face with a Vellfyre name. If anything, he loathes that I am a Vellfyre... It means that... that we can never wed. That we will never be more than what we are now. I hate that, too... I should very much like to be his wife."

Lucia looked up at her and felt tears sting her eyes. "I... don't hate myself. I hate those who've made me feel unworthy... My own father can't be bothered, my sister only begs my attention to make herself feel better... I don't think there's any defect with me... It's with them. And... the rest of my cousins... Kain, Kellan, Gavin, Rosina, Jason, and to some extent even Kalden... they don't see me either. And when they do... they see a child."
Old 11-17-2015, 12:56 AM   #14
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“On some level, I think it’s difficult for most of the ladies at court not to resent Ziamara to some degree. I love her dearly, and don’t wish to be her but I do sometimes wish I could wrap people around my finger as she does. So, it would not surprise me if Elinor does not resent her at least a little as well but that would be almost as brazen as resenting Jason. That is not something I think she would gamble eagerly with.”

Despite her soft smile, she hurt for Lucia. Love for a Vellfyre woman was a tricky thing… everyone was beneath you in status and it was easy to love and lose. A twinge of fear seemed to be born in Lenore at the thought of Lucia feeling that sort of pain of loving someone decidedly off limits to you. The pain she felt now would only worsen with marriages… his and hers.

“You are stronger than I am… I hate myself sometimes. I hate that I am not better. I hate that I don’t have more restraint on my feelings. I hate that I am not more like my mother. My life would be so much easier if I could just be like her.” She sighed, “I hate those who make me feel unworthy too though… because it plays upon every fear I have.” Lenore almost smiled then, “Kain, Kellan, Gavin, Rosina… all of them can’t see past their own nose most of the time. And of course they see you as a child… they see everyone as a child. Gods, Kellan, Kalden, and Kain are the worst by my books, I think, they feel like they need someone to protect… maybe it’s due to the war… or because we grew up when they were not around and they are trying to make up for lost time… time they can’t get back.”
Old 11-17-2015, 01:50 AM   #15
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's not what Ziamara does," Lucia said, wiping her face with her palm. "It's hard not to like her... I would hardly call that wrapping a person around her finger... but, I do agree... it's hard not to be jealous of how easily she is liked."

She shook her head. "I... don't see that with anybody else... They smile and laugh with them. They yell and quarrel, even... But me...? They talk to me as if I were younger than Myles... Superficial conversations and a pat on my fucking head... It's either that or they're wondering when I'm going to lose my shit like Kaleb... I also don't know that I get the impression Kellan's all that protective. At least not of me... He's not said more than a half dozen words to me since coming back..."
Old 11-17-2015, 02:11 AM   #16
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore smiled, “No… she definitely does not mean to do that but in a manner she does do exactly that. So is so damned likeable anyone would fall on their own sword for her.” She gave a small laugh, “Even you and I.”

She patted Lucia’s leg softly, “I do not think they wonder if you are going to end up like Kaleb, but you were considerably younger when they left. I am not sure they know what to make of you.” She chuckled, “Those that are older have a camaraderie that it is difficult to penetrate. They grew up together and we… well… we were pests that they couldn’t shake.”

“If he’s said a half dozen words to you that’s twice as many words as he’s said to me.” Lenore exaggerated.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:25 AM   #17
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Jason would watch this world crumble if it meant keeping her safe. Anybody with eyes could see that... Meanwhile, my brother..." She didn't finish that sentence. She didn't have to.

"I just... don't feel... like I'm a part of this family..."
Old 11-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #18
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Sucking her breath, Lucia didn’t have to finish her sentence for Lenore to know what she’d been about to say. Her hands tightened around her younger cousin again but she didn’t say anything.

Resting her chin on Lucia’s shoulder, “You are a part of this family and I’ll remind you of that and anyone else of that as often as you want.”
Old 11-18-2015, 01:03 AM   #19
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My mind knows it, Len... It's everything else... Perhaps it's that I miss Ziamara... Or... maybe even my father... I... never got on well with him, but there was always some part of me that desperately wanted him to prove his love to me... And now... Now I know where I stand... and... it's colored me."
Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 PM   #20
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her hand stroked the top of Lucia’s head again in a comforting movement. “We are all a little more colored now then what we were.” She said softly, “This year past year has brought many changes to us… some for the better but it seems like most are for the worse. I think we are all dealing with it differently.”
Old 11-18-2015, 11:21 PM   #21
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Or not dealing with it... Part of me cannot wait until the king arranges my marriage... Granted he remembers I even exist..."
Old 11-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #22
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore snorted, “I’d wager you aren’t lucky enough to be forgotten by him. I do believe sometimes it’d be worth a change in lifestyle to run away and join a mummers troupe.”
Old 11-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #23
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'd make a terrible mummer," Lucia confessed. "I'd be better off as a pirate... Or even a bar wench... That'd be fun, I think."
Old 11-24-2015, 12:11 AM   #24
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore snorted, "A pirate? Somehow I could see that... A pirate with an immense library to find all her answers to life's problems in." Shaking her head, "A bar wench, I am not sure I could endure... if it comes to picking one or the two choose pirate... then I can come and visit you at least without having attempts on what's left of my virtue." Her lips twitched in wry amusement.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:30 AM   #25
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Virtue is a currency for nobles... You won't need it as a wench. Or a pirate, for that matter. But the pirate does sound more fun... Can you imagine? Being free?"
Old 11-24-2015, 01:24 AM   #26
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore gave a half smile, "Free? It sounds nice, really it does, doesn't it?! I do wonder just how free we would really be... we'd be free from court but, I am not sure I am really prepared for what chains exist beyond the confines of court."
Old 11-24-2015, 09:12 PM   #27
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I just know that the chains here are beginning to suffocate me..."
Old 11-25-2015, 12:20 AM   #28
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore frowned at that thought, "Perhaps it's a case of what doesn't kill us makes us stronger..."
Old 11-25-2015, 12:43 AM   #29
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Or perhaps it's just fucking suffocating..." she said dismally.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:51 AM   #30
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If we let it suffocate us then everything we've railed against, and everything we have fought for... will be for nothing." She stared at the wall, lost in thought for a moment. Numbly adding, "That is what I tell myself though."
Closed Thread

Tags
lenore vellfyre, lucia vellfyre