Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #31
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

His snarl made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and she felt a small quiver shoot through her. Her gaze dropped and she sighed but didn’t answer him letting him continue his train of thought.

With a sigh she glanced back up, her gaze soft, “I am sorry. You aren’t really at fault either. I shouldn’t have acted so… petulantly by lashing out at you and saying you only pick what you want to hear. I know that you don’t… I just… I don’t know why I can’t seem to say the right thing at the right time.” Her fingers fiddled with the scarf. “It sounds perfectly normal in my mind when I rehearse it but then… then it comes out all jumbled and not at all how I meant it.”

“I only meant it as a suggestion, just a idea…, and we both know my ideas are rarely good ones…” She tried to offer him a small smile as her hand reached out to touch the bedpost as she leaned against it. “Please don’t be angry at me…” She said softly, the shaky smile having faded. “I am not myself right now either. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Just… consider the source and ignore any brilliant ideas I have.”
Old 11-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #32
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Jason watched her and then let out a deep breath and then reached his hand out for her again. "Come here, Len. I'm not angry with you... I... think I understand what you meant to say... And, I will consider it... Just... Perhaps not so soon. Maybe in a year, I shall begin to look again..."
Old 11-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #33
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Len stared at him softly for a moment then relented and reached out taking his hand and crawling back up on the bed to sit next to him. “Take a year… two years… or completely throw the idea out, it’s your decision… not mine… not Zanara’s.”

Leaning her head back against the headboard, “Are you sure there is nothing I can get for you right now?”
Old 11-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #34
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He brought her hand up to his lips and squeezed a little. "I am... in uncharted territory... I've never..." He stopped and looked at her fingers intently. "I've never felt like this before..."

He shook his head. "I'm sure, Len..."
Old 11-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #35
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sighed as he brought his hand to his lips and squeezed it lightly, her fingers tightened around his gently and her thumb brushed his lips. “Uncharted territory…” Lenore murmured in tender amusement, “She is a lucky girl, whether you realize it or not… the two of you make a formidable match.”

Her fingers broke away to cup his cheek before she dropped her fingers. “I am happy for you.”
Old 11-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #36
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He closed his eyes as he took another breath and then opened them to look down at his knee. "She'd have been much happier with somebody else. I'm not ignorant to that... There's a lot that comes with being wed to a prince... To a future king... To me..."
Old 11-25-2015, 12:29 AM   #37
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Nudging him gently, “That is life.” Her voice was quietly tender. “What we envision as children is not our reality… but that does not change whether or not we find happiness.” Tilting her head a little she watched him, “Parissa is still so young that if she has not realized it yet, she will soon enough… we make our own happiness… it’s definitely not given to us. And the happiness we make as adults, that is our real happiness, not whatever imaginary happiness we envisioned as children.”
Old 11-25-2015, 12:45 AM   #38
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I never imagined happiness as a child..." Jason confessed. "I knew I could never have it... I never had it then, either..."
Old 11-25-2015, 12:53 AM   #39
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her chest hurt hearing Jason that, reaching out she took his hand in her own and gave it a squeeze. “I am sorry.” There wasn’t much else for her to say, or if there was… she couldn’t think of it right then.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:18 AM   #40
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It wasn't your fault," he said sadly. "I'm sorry to even mention it..."
Old 11-25-2015, 01:55 AM   #41
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She tilted her head to give him a pointed look that he could not help but see, “Hey… I know it wasn’t my fault but what pains you… pains me.” Lenore squeezed his hand a little tighter, if for no other reason than to remind him he wasn’t alone. “Never be sorry for mentioning something to me…”
Old 11-25-2015, 02:24 AM   #42
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His smile remained said, but he did do his best to shake himself out of it a moment after. "On the bright side... I'm happier now than I was then... So there is that?"
Old 11-25-2015, 04:16 AM   #43
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Nudging him again softly, “There is definitely that.” Bending her head she looked at him sideways again, “Now, tell me… what can I do to make you laugh? Or at the very least make you smile more?” Her lips spread in a slower, almost wicked smile, “On the trip here, Lady Tyana and I played the limerick game… want to hear our brilliance?”
Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 AM   #44
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Limericks? Well... how can I refuse that? Tell me the most brilliant," he said, nudging her in return.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:38 AM   #45
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She leaned in a little, her voice dropping just a touch in her natural flare for drama, “This is simply between us… I will deny knowing anything about who wrote this if I am ever asked…I personally found it it the funniest...”

Taking a deep breath, Len tried not to giggle,

“There was once an odd man named Edric.
Whose ass needs to be smacked with a stick
By a woman who looks like a dog
And was as big as a hog
For that was the only way up for his prick.”

She paused then added, "Although there were a couple others... they just didn't hit home quite like that one did. Either way... I do not think we are in any danger of stealing the limelight from any of the great poets."
Old 11-25-2015, 04:59 AM   #46
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He did chuckle. "I can't disagree with the words... I might point out the meter is a bit off for a limerick... But... if you say anything about that, I'll deny knowing that much about poetry..."
Old 11-25-2015, 05:14 AM   #47
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore laughed, "Hey... we were doing good to rhyme... okay..." It had at least made him laugh. She couldn't help teasing a bit, even if she was the butt of the joke. "True poets I am sure could come up with something much more appropriate, but we tried."
Old 11-25-2015, 05:35 AM   #48
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, it did do that, yes," Jason laughed. "I couldn't do any better, to be sure. Perhaps you should ask Lucia for some input. She was always good with those things. She really could find the strangest of books. She has a knack for it. I ought to take her around when I peruse the markets in Solarii... I'm hoping to expand my library."
Old 11-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #49
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

At the mention of Lucia, Lenore’s gaze drifted to the Jason’s wall as she stared at it a long moment. “I am really worried about her.” It was a quiet voice. “She feels like she is not a part of this family.” Glancing quickly at him, Len sighed, “I know… I know that’s not true, but… she… she could use some time with you or frankly anyone who gives her a bit of attention and makes her feel like she does not even exist.”

“A book shopping trip in Solarii… I think she would immensely enjoy that.” Glancing at Jason and sighing, “I suspect Elinor is digging her claws in a little on Lucia and if I catch Elinor doing it… Gods help her I will pull ever pretty strand of gold hair out of her head and make her a bald Lady Vayth. Honestly, I've no idea where else Lucia could be getting this... this feeling that she does not matter except from her and if not from her then Elinor is doing a piss poor job at helping her feel a part of this family.”
Old 11-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #50
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lucia is learning what we all have had to endure... Each one of us has felt... less than valued in this family... For one reason or another... She will learn that's not true, or she will remain bitter about it. But I will speak with her... And as time allows... I'll spend more of it with her."

He did frown then. "I do hope... that is not the case... Do you really think Elinor is antagonizing her so?"
Old 11-26-2015, 01:10 AM   #51
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Giving a nod of her head in sad agreement, “Mmm… it’s difficult though until that realization sinks in.” She sighed, her hand patting him softly, “I think that will do wonders with her.”

She didn’t answer immediately, “I hope it’s not the case as well…” Lenore’s lips fell in a frown as she thought about it, “It is the only thing that makes sense to me… I know that Lucia feels like becoming Lady Vayth was a reward but...” Len sighed, “Elinor, I think flaunts it and rubs into Lucia’s face.”
Old 11-26-2015, 01:20 AM   #52
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He returned her nod and gave a small smile. "She will be all right, Len... I've never doubted Lucia to be anything but resilient."

There was a slight roll of his eyes. "She's done nothing yet to flaunt... Being a bauble is nothing to be proud of. And... Rhaegar is one of my truest friends. Almost a brother. But that does not mean he is ideal as a husband... The title and the honor may be seen as a reward, but Elinor has much to prove... And Lucia... Lucia needs to consider why she was not married to him... Why she might be needed elsewhere."
Old 11-26-2015, 02:01 AM   #53
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Perhaps, but I will still worry.” She returned the small smile.

“Mmm… being Lady Vayth, I think is flaunting it enough.” Lenore murmured. “Lucia idolized Rhaegar as being male perfection… it’s hard for a girl to get over that sort of thing.” Len should know. Glancing at him, “I agree though, she would be better thinking about where this would put her now that she’s one step closer to being the next one to be wed then engaging in Elinor’s pettiness with her own ill wishes upon her sister… though understand… I’d love nothing more seeing Elinor get a bit of dirt on her lily white hands.”

Tilting her head, “What did Ser Jayme have to say about Lucia?”
Old 11-27-2015, 01:43 AM   #54
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I recall Lucia having some attraction to him... But I did not think it so serious as idolizing..." He frowned. "Lucia is young... and she is wise and beautiful. She will come to care for somebody else... if she hasn't already." Jason sighed and squeezed her hand. "Elinor is our cousin, too... We should not wish such things. Perhaps Elinor truly is oblivious... She was never the most... social of our family... She might not realize what she's doing."

He looked down at their hands. "He swears they are only friends."
Old 11-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #55
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I think it went a little deeper than attraction.” Len muttered with a sigh, “Idolizing isn’t that serious either, we all have our idols… and at some point we take them down off that pedestal and our lives continue on. Lucia will be fine in time with Rhaegar’s marriage… if Elinor would just stop being Elinor and give Lucia the time it takes to grow a bit more.”

Glancing down at her hand as he squeezed it she glanced at him and rolled her eyes a little, “Yes, I know… I do not truly want anything bad or horrible to happen to her but… I doubt I’d protest too much if she didn’t try to appear so much holier than the rest of us.” She paused and sighed, “That and she’d either learn to handle Lucia’s disposition properly or she’d just stop trying to control Lucia’s disposition.” Her eyes lit up a little at that revelation. “I think that is it… that is what really bugs me about her… She really honestly believes she’s in the position to judge us, correct us, and set us upon the path she deems to be the correct one… when her own bloody life is as fucked up as the rest of ours.”

Her brows knitted a bit as he looked down at his hand and admitted that Jayme had sworn he and Lucia were only friends. A frown formed on her own lips, “You don’t really believe him though, do you you?” Len sighed again and leaned against him, “This is another situation, I think, it would be best for me not to try and meddle too much in… Lucia is hurting right now but I… I am going to have confidence that she knows the risks she would put him in by letting anything more serious develop.”
Old 11-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #56
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Elinor will not be at court forever," Jason pointed out. "Soon she will have no choice but to give Lucia the space she needs. She is Lady Vayth... And whether she would see it or not, there is a war coming. A war that puts her husband's town in a very... delicate position. Her attentions will be needed there. Not on her sister."

He shrugged. "I can see why that would bother somebody... But she's never done that with me. I think she knows better... Though, to be fair, I don't know that she's quite gotten a read on me just yet... I was never really close with her, and when there was opportunity to be, she was always so deep in her prayers..."

Jason gave a sick sort of smirk and shook his head. "Of course I don't. But between the two of them... Lucia is not the one who should be counted on to make the wise decisions. He has been warned. I suppose so long as they continue to be discreet and nobody else brings it to my attention... there's not much else to be done."
Old 11-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #57
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“At this point, I think absence might make the heart grow fonder… at least between these too.” She muttered almost under her breath. “I do not wish any true ill will upon her, but if she’d just preoccupy herself with her own worries and not everyone elses I’d be happier… we all might be happier.”

She smiled at that, finding a bit of amusement in it. “That does not surprise me… she may try and push off her judgements on the rest of us… this is one more thing you have immunity from… as does your father… Uncle Bryce… my parents… Zee… maybe even Kain if he’s in a foul enough mood. The rest of us, however…” Tilting her head she smiled, “Well… she comes out of her prayers enough to try and ‘fix’ us.”

“You are aware of a potential problem there… but until there is a reason to doubt what they say… a reason other than Elinor being Elinor… I wouldn’t look for problems… looking for problems would mean that you could find one and then you would have to deal with it.” Her hand covered his and she squeezed it. “But… that’s just my opinion again.”
Old 11-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #58
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lucia reminds me a lot of Valencia... Always thinking, figuring, trying to make things fit... I don't know her as well as you, of course, but from what I have seen... she needs time... Distance, yes. Nobody will decide for her... I respect that about her. Hells, I am proud of her for it. But it makes the world a more frustrating place when you have a voice and a backbone... and haven't figured out what to do with them yet. She will find her place. Unfortunately... she will be miserable until she does."

His smile almost matched hers. "She still tries to fix us, Lenore. Just in different ways. More subtle... What will really be interesting is if she tries to 'fix' her husband. Or any of his friends..." he said, emphasizing the last word so that Lenore knew exactly who he was talking about. He could not help but imagine her trying to reform Shevraeth, Alek, or Vidanrik.

Jason rolled his eyes, but there was some lightheartedness to it. "So long as Lucia is not caught doing something she shouldn't... And so long as she does not approach us one day to speak of a child growing inside of her... then I dare say I won't have to deal with anything. With the warning, at least Jayme will have the sense to be secretive should they decide to carry on... Sometimes, that small victory is enough."
Old 11-28-2015, 03:07 AM   #59
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Yes. She is always thinking… always ‘on’, but it’s an admirable trait in her.” Lenore smiled a little as she almost always did when thinking of Lucia. “However, frustrating might be a bit of an understatement to describe the world when you have a voice and a backbone.” She smirked and tilted her head at him a little, “And even worse when you realize there is not nearly enough wine to make it better.”

Meeting his gaze, a cheeky appearance formed, “To be honest, I am surprised her husband hasn’t brought her back yet… I half expected her to be waiting on her marriage bed with a hat pin in her hand for protection.” Shrugging, “I will feel no pity if she tries to ‘fix’ his friends… maybe if she’s busy ‘fixing’ them… she won’t have time to fix us, hmmm?”

Giving him another small nudge as he rolled his eyes and spoke about Lucia, a small laugh slipped out. “See… that’s the way to look at it…”
Old 11-28-2015, 03:15 AM   #60
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is an admirable trait... But it is not always as nice as it seems... There are times it's nice to be able to... stop thinking." He sighed. "It's not something to be envied most of the time."

He shook his head. "She'll have her work cut out for her... Likely those three will become worse just for the sake of keeping her occupied... Alek in particular. The other two might actually be offended enough to give her hells about it..."

Jason chuckled and shook his head again. "I trust Lucia enough to be smart about it... no matter what she chooses to do."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lenore vellfyre