Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default 04.08.31 Afternoon | Playing with water, wet. Playing with fire, burned. | Jason and Lenore [Ask to Join]

There had never been any doubt in her mind that Kain had been fire. She’d known she was playing with fire with every intimate meeting they’d shared. She knew what fire did… fire burned. No matter how intoxicating it was in the end it would leave nothing but destruction in it’s wake. As a child and still as an adult, Lenore had always been wild and curious by nature. She had to experience life, wanted to taste it with a ravenous passion that she approached most things with. That was who she was, it wasn’t ignorance… or… lack of intelligence but rather a thirst for experiences.

It had been four days and even the worst of the bruises had lost their purplish tone to fade into the healing brown discoloration. Still, Lenore wrapped a wide ribbon around her neck and tied it into a pretty bow to mask as much of the strangling handprints on her neck. Gloves on her wrist, perhaps being around Jason had paid off in learning to hide things. Salome had grumbled as she made an attempt at Lenore’s hair, life would be so much better once they were able to get somewhere where another maid who was better with hair could be acquired. Pinning the dark hair back and putting it in a single long braid, it was fitting enough for Lenore to go out and get some fresh air. Dressed in a walking dress and riding boot. Lenore had tried to soak up a bit of sunlight and mountain air, it had done as much as anything could have… and at least it brought some nice color and much needed color to her cheeks.

Walking back to Parissa’s apartments, she found herself pausing outside of Jason’s and sighed. She’d have to hear his ‘I told you so’ at some point. She might as well get that over with, maybe she could continue on with her life after it was done. Stiffening her back she made the decision and waited for her to be announced to him. The small voice in the back of her mind… her inner coward was secretly hoping that he’d felt well enough to venture out… away from his chambers. It wasn’t the case though… shown inside she glanced around looking for Jason and when she saw him paused for a half a moment. She’d heard he’d taken a spill but she’d thought it was just a spill from a horse during a hunt, nothing to slow Jason down.

“I hear the art of riding is keeping the beast between your legs.” Offering him a small smile, “How are you feeling?”
Old 10-30-2015, 12:48 AM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

His head hurt... Even more than the day before... But then, he was drinking less wine than the day before, so that probably had something to do with it. As it was, it felt like hi head was splitting open from the inside... And he kept lifting his hand to the stitches on his head as if expecting to feel blood seeping... But it was still sewn if tender... There was still a bruise on his cheek by his ear, his arm was still in the sling though he took it out often because he hated the confinement. His hand hurt, too... The one that had been split open across his palm... And when he wasn't prodding at his head, he was poking at his hand...

The knee was easy enough to ignore if he kept it covered... Out of sight, out of mind... And if he didn't move it, it hardly hurt... When he did, however, it hurt more than his damned head.

Henrique came in and Jason dropped his hands to his side. With a nod, he sat up a little and rolled his eyes at his cousin's greeting as she entered. "Yes... but that doesn't get you anywhere if you want to kill a boar. Which I did... You're welcome," he said, teasing.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Somehow, I believe that almost breaking your neck in the process is not in good hunting form, coz.” Len snickered and stepped forward further into the room. “But… Congrats on the kill; although in the future please keep in mind I’d quite rather had you in one piece than a dead boar.” She added dryly, a hint of softness tinting her tone. One corner of her lips lifted in a winsome manner, “Does it hurt as bad as it looks? It looks rather like you woke up in the middle of a fist fight.”
Old 11-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I wouldn't say I almost broke my neck..." he countered. "And... I was mostly in one piece... Well one piece after Rhaegar pushed my arm back in..." He chuckled and shook his head. "You really think somebody could do this to me in a fist fight?"
Old 11-02-2015, 02:04 AM   #5
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore almost smiled at him, “Of course you wouldn’t say you almost broke your neck, but… your arm’s not that far from your neck you know. Could have easily been your neck Rhaegar would have had to try to push back instead of just your arm.” Her dark eyes blinked innocently at him, her lips would have been considered neutral except the corners seemed to twitch a little. “Well, I hope you properly thanked Rhaegar... “

“If it were a fair fist fight I’d say no… but give or take several men and I think it’s highly probable this is exactly what you’d look like after a fist fight.” She murmured cheekily, slanting her gaze back up to him. “You are completely avoiding my question though, how are you really doing?”
Old 11-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't know that he would have bothered had it been my neck, dear... Those don't go back in so easily." He smirked and reached back to muss his growing hair. "I intend to. Thankfully it is not hard to show gratitude to Rhaegar... If it shines and can buy things, he's happy enough."

He chuckled again. "A few men have tried to take me down... You should have seen them after... Besides, I'm never lacking for people who'll help me even the score." He sighed and lowered his hand. "Well... aside from the bruising and the pain, I'm not doing so bad... And you? I... heard about what happened..."
Old 11-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #7
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She rolled her dark eyes at him, “Oh, something tells me he’d have bothered even if they don’t go back in so easily.” Lenore snickered, “Well, so long as he’s happy… I suppose that is all that matters.”

“Why does that not surprise me?” She quipped back with a smile. “I’d say that’s a good sign if you are never lacking for people who’ll help you even the score.” Her gaze followed him as he sighed and lowered his hand from musing his hair. Len grew more serious as he spoke of the bruising and the pain and nodded knowingly. His question didn’t seem to surprise her, though she did give a deep sigh. “I suspect you heard the real story instead of the cover story too.”

“It wasn’t going to end well between the two of us… you knew it… I knew it… I am pretty sure we all knew it.” She said quietly, her gaze dropping. “You were right though… I … I wasn’t prepared for the real Kain.” She seemed to wince at the words as she remembered what was said between the two of them in the tack room. Looking a little pained, “I… I don’t know how I am really doing.” She frowned and shook her head, “Physically, I’ll heal… that much I know… but… but…” Her dark eyes looked up at him, questions and uncertainty filling her gaze. “The things that were said… they cut deeper… those things… those are the things I am not sure will heal as well.”
Old 11-03-2015, 11:40 PM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course I did," he said, sitting up a bit more and patting the spot on the bed beside him. "But I'd rather hear the real story from you, Lenore. Tell me what happened."

He breathed deeply through his nostrils and frowned. "What did he say?" he asked softly. "Whatever pain was inflicted will heal, Lenore. We Vellfyres are a resilient sort..."
Old 11-04-2015, 12:43 AM   #9
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Watching him for a long moment before she stepped forward with a small nod of her head, there was no point in resisting. Laying her shawl on a chair as she passed by it, she moved over to the bed and careful not to jostle him to much scooted onto the spot next to him.

With her hands in her lap she stared down at them, as they nervously toyed with something or other on her dress…swallowing she started talking, maybe it was time to take Bryce’s advice and lean on someone… a Vellfyre someone… someone who didn’t want to see Kain in any trouble either. So, Lenore started talking, her voice quiet as she spoke, “We hadn’t planned to meet, in fact, I’d been trying to avoid him lately… I didn’t want to act rashly when I explained that we… he and I… couldn’t continue going like we were…” She paused and forced herself to stop acting like a nervous girl about to be scolded by her governess. Giving him a side glance with her dark eyes to gauge his reaction she continued. “I ran into him in the stable, I’d gone out to check on Lady before the hunt… and he came across me in the stable.” So far it sounded pretty routine. “Our conversation seemed to be going well enough, and it was one of those… those moments you know… when someone you love makes you believe time has stopped for you and I… I fell for it.”

Lenore’s gaze dropped again and she sighed, “He wanted to go into the harness room, I… I wish I could say I wanted to object but the moment… the moment was simply to nice to ruin. In the harness room, things went… well they started to go like you might expect and then… I… I wanted something different… I wanted something…” Her face twitched as she tried to think of the right word, “I didn’t want to feel like I was being turned over a barrel… and the mood changed. Things start getting a bit fuzzy there though, but he said something about me not being able to give him what he wanted and… and… reality hit me again.” She stopped talking, stopped moving and just stared at her lap.

“The moment was gone and I saw our pattern… saw our future of how it was going to play out… and I told him that if I didn’t give him what he wanted than… than he needed to find someone who could. He didn’t seem to care for that notion. He started rambling about me not being able to give him what he wanted again, and I… I was getting angrier because the more we yelled the more it became apparent how it wasn’t going to work. He became upset because he said he’d been careful with me, never left any marks from his roughness… said… said… what he wanted was to hurt me…. then pleasure me… then hurt me again. Other things were said, unimportant things on a whole but things that hurt...” Sliding a glance to Jason, she frowned, “I wasn’t sure what to say or think about that… I said things I know I didn’t mean, I wanted to hurt him like he’d hurt me… And he threatened to just hurt me… and forget pleasuring.” She swallowed and felt a chill washing over her, “There was more yelling, I was getting scared… and angry… he started choking me… hit me...honestly, I am not all that sure what happen… I started shutting down at that point… anything to calm him down but he was already spiraling into a rage.”

“Lucia found me on the floor in a ball, as he was dragging me around by my hair… yelling in Zakish… what happened next is all pretty blurring and I don’t know if it’ll ever be clearer to me… It’s more of flashes of things happening but the sequence is… out of order. I know I was picked up, and the guards rushed him and I heard them talking to him trying to calm him down and my bed… I remember wanting to just curl into a ball on my bed.” Turning her head she looked at him and took a deep breath, “Understand, that is my version of events… at least… that’s how I remembered them. I didn’t feel the need to explain that to your father, and especially not to Bryce… I… I didn’t think the details would help him sleep any easier. If Kain had really wanted to hurt me… he could have… he knew I had a dagger with me in the stable I’d been using to cut an apple up with… So that… that’s what happen“
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 PM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason listened, not interrupting as she recounted her version of events. As was typical of him, he betrayed no emotion or any inclination that he agreed, disagreed, or sympathized more in one direction than the other. It was with a calm demeanor that he took it all in... But then a look of curiosity took over his eyes and he looked at her carefully. "You'd... been trying to avoid him... so, you went to one of the places a marshal would be? You know Kain's been tending the horses this journey..."

He looked towards the door. "Bryce is not ignorant of how Kain is... He knows better than anybody... I doubt knowing the truth would have bothered his sleep much... But it seems there was wrong on all sides... You demanded more than he could give... and he demanded more of you... And you both made one another angry... and so here we are. With so much lost in your mind, though, it's hard to know the in betweens..."

Jason gripped his coverlet and then looked back at her, thoughts clearly swirling violently behind his eyes. "Kain did want to hurt you... And he did. That he didn't use the dagger only means he wasn't trying to kill you... Or he'd forgotten about it. But you both wanted to hurt one another. I think you both got what you wanted... and perhaps more than you bargained for."
Old 11-09-2015, 10:49 PM   #11
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Since he’s unfortunate misfortune with the ice storm, he hasn’t exactly been up running around, or he wasn’t the last time I’d seen him.” She said in her defense, “In fact, the last time I saw him… he could hardly open his eyes and focus on anything without hurling up the contents of his innards… let alone get out of bed.”

Clearing her throat softly, “He may not be ignorant of Kain, but there is no need to wave it in front of him. I am sure he’s quite capable of putting the pieces together… the pieces he wants or needs to know.” Nodding her head softly, “Yes.” Paused then continued, “There was wrong on all sides, I haven’t claimed any innocence in this… if anything the blame rests even more so with me… I was at least of sound mind during all of this… it might even make it more so my responsibility to have handled the situation better. It’s not a mistake I will repeat, it is not something I wish to carry as a burden.”

She felt herself soften, her dark eyes falling to his hand gripping the coverlet. Quietly, “Okay, so he did hurt me… perhaps even more so than I would ever willingly admit to anyone other than you but… but you don’t have to worry… I learned my lesson.” Lifting her gaze to him she frowned, “I only have to touch fire once to know it burns.”
Old 11-10-2015, 01:23 AM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That tends to happen... but it's been some time since his misfortune... Surely you did not think he'd be confined to a bed the whole of the progress."

He shook his head and lifted his bandaged hand as if to gesture for her to stop. "Enough of that. It's happened... but it's over. The more you dwell on who was most at fault, the more it remains a constant in your mind... You'll make yourself sick living in that moment... And you'll make yourself a victim... Either to Kain or to your own bad choices... Either way... you don't want that."

He lowered his hand but reached out with it for hers. "Not enough for me to have told you that it burns? So stubborn having to do it your own way, Len. The pain will ease, sweetling. Don't walk away from this hurt... Walk away wiser."
Old 11-10-2015, 01:43 AM   #13
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The look she shot Jason said without words that she had thought that he’d been in bed, at least… for a little while longer. Head injuries were funny that way, you just never knew how long it took for the senses to fully return.

Sagging a little against the bed, she frowned. A part of her wanted to cling to that moment, relieving her bad choices until it was firmly branded in her mind what she’d done wrong. A part of her wanted to carry the responsibility for it… that was the part of her that got her in trouble more often than not. The sane part of her knew she needed to move forward but that there was no way to do that if she was always looking backwards. Her lips pursed as if she was about to argue with him but she just nodded her head. “I want to move on… it’s not as easy as I thought it would be.” She grumbled.

Jason’s hand touched hers and she offered a weak smile and rolled over onto her side to face him. “Never, despite what little I know about me… I do know that I have to do things my own way… and let’s be honest that is what makes me so adorably charming.” She teased lightly hoping to make him laugh. Sighing, “A part of me is hurt, a part of me worries that I am hollow.” Her eyes hooded her emotions as she chewed on that, she’d only days ago told Jason that was her greatest fear. “That maybe he saw the real me.” Then she forced a smile, “But then I tell myself that can’t be the case because I am a terrible liar and if that was the truth I’d know it… in some weird way… I’d know I was hollow on the inside.” Her hand lifted his to her lips and she kissed the bandage. “I’ll get over that... “ She hoped.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:54 AM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Moving on is never easy," Jason told her.

He sighed but at least managed a smile. "Adorably charming... and mildly irritating. You don't always have to do it your own way just because it's what you've always done." Jason squeezed her hand, ignoring the sting beneath the linen. "And if he did see the real you? What does it matter. We are all hollow sometimes... We are all something we wish we weren't every now and then... But even if he did see it... it's not how you always are... And... he's his own truths to uncover... I would not dwell on it."
Old 11-10-2015, 02:39 AM   #15
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her own smile seemed to brighten a little in return to his, “Only mildly irritating? My, my… I could have sworn I was more than mildly anything… especially irritating.” Leaning up on one elbow, she laughed softly as she teased him. With a sigh, her gaze dropping, “Until recently there has always been so many, many, many reasons for me to do it my own way… but I want to try to do it differently.” Lenore glanced up at him again, “Between you and Bryce, you’ve managed to convince me to at least attempt to lean on someone else…” Casting an sad, but amused look at him, “Unfortunately, for you and Lucia… you unknowingly drew the short straws.”

“The way he said it… I… I don’t think he meant that I wasn’t hollow only part of the time… It sounded like he believed that to be my core.” She paused and almost smiled again, “I can’t dwell on this… I can’t dwell on that… No point in thinking about this… tell me… what should I occupy my mind with?”
Old 11-11-2015, 12:58 AM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"How is that unfortunate. You know well how much I love this family... Everybody in it... With... an exception, but we do not need to touch on that... The point is... I'm happy to be somebody you lean on, Len. It's not too much... It'll never be too much. I'll never count it as a short straw."

He shook his head. "Of course he said it that way... I've said cruel things when I was angry, too... I've made people I love bleed... I've bruised them and made them cry... You never mean to do it... but you do it... And you can't take it back. Just because he said it, though, does not mean it's true." He grinned. "There is plenty. The roads ahead will be wrought with danger. Parissa, though I love her, is no less a handful. And... the closer we get to Southshores... the more interesting things will become, no doubt."
Old 11-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #17
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“That’s not how I meant it.” She gave a soft indignant snort. “And you know that. I meant that I was a troublesome creature. You have enough on your hands… I do not want to feel like I am yet another burden you must bear.” Lenore sighed softly and glanced at him, a line forming on her forehead, her voice murmuring quietly, “I don’t want to be another burden.” Rolling over, she turned to face him on the bed, “You may never count it as a short straw but you should, it would appear that I have great difficulty not ruining whatever I touch.”

Taking a deep breath she gave a slow roll of her eyes, “I feel like I should be angry with him… at least a little but I can’t seem to muster up any real animosity… any anger. If I hurt him it was unintentional…” She frowned then added, “Except this last time… when I meant to hurt him but was more defensive on my part I believe. A person can only endure so much pain before they break or fight back. I… I refuse to let him see he’s broken me…” Len rambled quietly then shook her head. “Even if that’s how it feels.”

His grin was infectious and she returned it, teasing him lightly, “Tell me something I don’t already know. I am exhausted after only an hour or so with her… I wish I could remember if I was as… mercurial as she is at her age.” Lenore sighed, “Speaking of the Southshores… I had an interesting conversation with Zanara…” She studied him, contemplating what to say next, “She thinks you need an heir.” Arching an eyebrow she continued on quickly, hoping that shocked him into a moment of silence before he started protesting. “Sooner rather than later, and a bastard heir would be some nice insurance.” Blinking at him a moment, “I know you don’t want to hear it from me… but… she might be right.” Her index finger poked him softly, “I wanted her to be the one to tell you… I am a coward, the little twit disagreed saying because you love this family and wouldn’t want to make me about a head shorter for my suggestion.” She offered a shaky smile and laughed. “Would you?”
Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We all suffer from that," Jason said. "I would not worry, Len."

He shifted a little and gave a slight shrug, his head tilting a little. "Anger is easier to deal with. But I don't think he's broken you, Lenore. I've seen broken... You're still quite whole. Even if you don't think so."

His smile faded a little as he regarded her with curious eyes. "Zanara said that?" he asked. "Insurance against what? My brother is a Vellfyre now, so there's no danger in our family losing it's footing, and Bryce would be regent if something were to happen to me... I don't understand. I've been wed to my wife not yet six months, and already you think I need to take up with another woman... And insult a Harrowmont with a mistress so soon?"
Old 11-16-2015, 11:37 PM   #19
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I don’t know about quite whole, but I am not as broken as I initially thought I was.” Her gaze dropped and she shrugged, “I am getting a little stronger every day, but there is still a crack… a fault.”

Lifting her gaze up, her lips twitched, “Mmm… yes, in fact it was only a couple of days ago that she spoke to me about it.” She stared at him a moment then sighed again, “Your insurance. Your brother is a Vellfyre now and I adore him on some very very odd level but I am not sure if he’s quite right for that position… it’d be a bit like putting one of my brothers on the throne.” She frowned, “I know that six months isn’t that long especially with Parissa as young as she is but Zanara and I were thinking and looking ahead.” Arching her brow, “Is it Parissa you are worried would find insult or perhaps you just aren’t interested in searching for a mistress? Parissa… I am sure would throw a snitty little fit but I think she expects that will be the eventual order. Personally, I’d rather get all her snitty little fits out sooner rather then later. I hope the next ten years are not filled with sporadic fits.”

“Don’t string the messenger up, I told Zanara that I would speak to you and I can’t say that I really disagree that a mistress might not be a proactive idea.” Her lips turned up a little on one corner and she shrugged, “Besides, as far as we ladies can tell, you’ve not been walking like you’ve been rode hard and put up wet lately.” She snickered, her lips twitching wolfishly as she teased him. “I am surprised your ears are not always burning… your intimate schedule… is quite a popular discussion topic with the ladies of court.”
Old 11-16-2015, 11:56 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason was glad Lenore was amused... Because he certainly wasn't.

"Were you?" His voice was low. A sure sign he was not happy. "Oh, well, then by all means, I'll go pick a mistress out right this moment if for no other reason than to spare you a decade's worth of snitty little fits... How selfish I've been... Tell me again how this is in Parissa's best interest? You are her lady-of-the-chamber, after all... And yet, I'm having a hard time figuring how this helps her?"

He tilted his head even more. "Proactive? For who? Me?" Then his eyes narrowed to slits. "Excuse me? Have you any idea how offensive that is? Rode hard and put away wet? Are you implying I'm not pleasing my wife?"
Old 11-17-2015, 12:27 AM   #21
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Giving Jason a small look, “That’s not how I meant it. It would give Parissa a chance to mature a little more before dropping the weight of having to produce an heir on her as immediately. If you think it’s hard for a man, it’s doubly hard for a woman. Not only are there the chances that she may or may not be able to bear children, but not only is the pressure there to bear the child but to bear a male child. Are you sure she’s ready for that pressure?” Frowning, “Her moods are… as changeable as the wind right now and the littlest things causes her to lose confidence in her position… do you not agree? So yes, she’ll be in a snit because you have a mistress… something she is prepared for something she is almost waiting for to happen but I can promise you… she will not be ready for the pressure of not only having to bear children but to bear a male child to secure her place. Say what you want, but I’ve heard her tell me she’s insecure about her position at court.”

Lenore sighed, “I am not implying you are not pleasing your wife… I don’t even know where you are getting that idea… I am saying you are a ball of pent of energy and a mistress… might alleviate some of that energy.” Rolling back onto her back she sat up and glanced at him again. “You are one of the most capable men of pleasing a woman, that isn’t something you need ever worry about.” She frowned and bluntly laid it on the table, “Zanara believes you need to secure your line. I… I think that you love Parissa and want what is best for her. She’s not holding well to the stress, that alone could be a factor in her childbearing. You are taking risks and wound tightly, a mistress might make you feel better… I am not saying start taking applications for a mistress position but that it’s not a bad idea.”

Glancing at him, concern in her gaze, “I’ve said what I was going to say and if you don’t wish to listen to me… it’s your life. Heavens knows I rarely listen to anyone else's advice even when it’s helpful, so I’ve no room to disagree with how you handle things, especially your personal things.”
Old 11-17-2015, 01:14 AM   #22
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Find me a woman who's moods are not so changeable, and I might concede your point..." he said bitterly. "I had a woman in mind for mistress, but like all women save for a few, she proved incapable of keeping my trust... or my attention. I am not so easily swayed by a pretty face to so quickly find another to take her place... I am content with my wife... and have no reason to keep the prolonged company of another. I certainly have not met a woman of late I would name my mistress..."

He gave her a probing look and his lips tightened. "Zanara is not my advisor... I couldn't give two shits what she thinks on this subject. Parissa is my wife... I know she is trying to find her place at court and that it can be overwhelming... Which is why she has my support and has leaned on me often. I would expect you to help her through it rather than trying to make her feel even more insecure in her position by encouraging me to take a mistress... Knowing as you've said that it will upset her... It will upset her because she'll think of it as a failure on her part... And then what? Now she's got the stress of giving me an heir, becoming future queen, and believing she's failing in all respects? If this is your way of helping her, I'd hate to see what it looks like to try to tear her down..."
Old 11-17-2015, 01:41 AM   #23
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Everything upsets hers. At some point we have to stop handling her with kid gloves and let her stand on her own. Otherwise, she will never learn… I am not saying you do anything to make her feel more like she’s a failure…” Shaking her head, “Wives only feel neglected when they are neglected for a mistress. I have every confidence that you won’t neglect Parissa. You love her too much to put another woman before her. And before you say it, yes, she’s insecure about her position at the moment but as she gradually is exposed to just what her positions is she’ll grow into it.”

Shaking her head, “If there is one thing I’ve learned about her is that if she can convince someone else to do something she’d rather not learn to do… she does… even the things that Carolei and I are suppose to be teaching her.” She frowned, “I am not saying being cruel to her, just give her a bit of headway to experience things before they just pop up on her…”

“This first year of your marriage, this is the year that will define what your marriage will be. This… this year will be what she expects the rest of her life will be. This is the year you learn to be married.” Lenore looked a bit sad, “Take a mistress… or don’t take a mistress… Jason… you are more than capable of deciding what is best for you and her. My opinion… is just that my opinion… I just hope we are not setting her up for failure by coddling her.” She sighed, “So whether or not you realize it… I am trying to help her.”
Old 11-17-2015, 02:02 AM   #24
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And how quickly would you like her to learn that position, Lenore? I don't know that I'm the one who needs lecturing on what my wife requires? It seems you're the one having trouble. Both in dealing with her temper and in dealing with her in general. She requires patience... not coddling... I've given her one. Not the other. When I teach her, I take the time to explain why she's learning it... Why she must do it... Why she can't put it off. She's young, but she's not an idiot... If she understands why, she'll do her part... Perhaps not with a smile, but she'll do it."

He sighed. "If this is too hard, Lenore... if she's too much, I can find somebody else to help her. I get she's willful and headstrong, but so were we... We weren't easy to teach... We were worse... Sometimes, we still are."

There was a slight glare, but he seemed a little less upset now. "Then let her learn in this first year that I am somebody she can depend on. Trust. Turn to. Not somebody who will take a mistress just to teach her a lesson. That is what your opinion is, right? That my devoting myself to her is coddling her, so teach her now what to expect in a marriage to me?"
Old 11-17-2015, 02:43 AM   #25
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I didn’t mean to seem like I was lecturing you on what she required but explaining my thoughts of what she needed. In fact, I agree… she does need patience… not coddling.” Lenore rubbed her face. “I never said she’s an idiot, she’s anything but… I’ve never seen anyone be as inventive out of getting out of trying to learn how a household is run as she is.” She gave a soft snort.

When he sighed, she looked at him as he mentioned finding someone else to help her. It was a bit of a slap in the face, pain flickered over her face before she quickly looked away. “If my opinions upset you to this point, I would not blame you for finding someone else to help her. I… I have been trying but maybe I am not doing it the right way.”

Slipping off the bed she moved to the chair she’d draped her scarf over and wrapped it around her again, needing something to fidget with. “Again, Jason. They were just opinions.” Glancing over at him she looked pained, “I do think you coddle her. She’s easy to want to coddle and you… you have a very large heart.” Her fingers tightened on the scarf. “And hate me for telling you my opinions but I do think you are setting you and her both up for some unhappiness further down the road. The first year is the easy year… you both looked pretty rough the other night when she was in fits because she said you wouldn’t let her sleep in the same bed as you… so yes… I am concerned because I care about you both. It’s easier for me to deal with things head on… to get them out of the way and move on… that’s how I want to deal with things. I want to deal with the worst first… I want the bad news first. It’s easy for me to assume that everyone is like that. I apologize.” She murmured quietly, her hands falling from the scarf.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:17 AM   #26
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He didn't fight her or try to stop her when she moved. He was thinking... And so she was free to speak uninterrupted. "The first year is not the easy year..." Jason said at last. "You trivialize it... You make it sound like she was being a brat about it... When she wasn't... I was wrong in this. But I thank you for letting me know that you think my marriage is doomed to unhappiness... and that it is somehow my fault..."

He sighed again. "I know you are saying this because you care, Lenore... Or at least, I hope that is why you are saying it... But sometimes I wonder if you think about the things you say before you say them... And how they come across. I also don't know that you know as much as you think you know about my relationship with Parissa... I don't expect it will always be happy. In fact, I know that we are both stubborn and hardheaded and that when we do clash, it is volatile... But we talk... We work through it... And because we can do that... I know that our marriage will be all right."
Old 11-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #27
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore stood there, one arm reaching out to lean against the chair near the bed. Was she trivializing it? She didn’t think so.

Stiffening as he doubted her motives, she lifted her head studying him a bit more curiously. “You hope that is why I am saying it… what other reason do you think I have to say this?” Her voice was numbly quiet, disguising her hurt feelings. Taking a deep breath, “As opposed to having my own agenda?” Arching her brows, she pushed herself away from the chair, “I do have my own agenda but rest assured you and Parissa are not a part of my agenda. I… I don’t really know what to think about your doubting my motives though…” She dropped her gaze and sighed, “I hoped you knew me better.”

Giving a single firm nod of her head as he put her in her place regarding what he knew about his relationship with his wife. “Then I’ll keep my worries to myself and let you two work them out yourselves. I apologize for sticking my nose in where it wasn’t asked for.” Taking a deep breath, she glanced around the room. “Have they decided when we be departing here yet?”
Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 AM   #28
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Are you...? You are acting like I offered some sort of insult? After the things you just said to me?" he questioned, his voice raising. "Oh, don't you dare try to play the victim here, Lenore. You have insulted my wife to my face and offended me... You have made it clear you think this marriage will be a disaster and that it will be my fault. But you are offended?"

He glared at her and didn't answer her question. "You always do this..."
Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #29
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The things she’d said to him? She blinked. “Insulted your wife?” Lenore frowned, “And you always do this…” She said softly, “You always hear exactly what you want to hear, which is always the bad and never anything good. You pick and choose things. Insult your wife? By saying she was a snitty brat? That’s not an insult, every girl from 13 to 17 is a snitty brat… she is a snitty brat sometimes… I was a snitty brat at that age… I also have said I liked her… But did you hear that? No.” Tilting her head a little she frowned, “And I do not think that I hinted that your marriage will be a disaster, nor have I said anything about it being your fault. If I rarely think about what I say then why would I think about being subtle... if I'd thought it was a disaster or that it was your fault... I'd have said so.” Her hand tightened on the chair.

“What I am saying is… your marriage will be difficult. All marriages are… yours will be more difficult than most due to the factors that Vellfyres are always in the line when it comes to juicy gossip, that you are a prince, and that she is six and ten. Those are the things that will make your marriage difficult. Not you and not her as people. The fact that you can speak and communicate to one another… helps… helps so very, very much.” Her gaze held his yet didn’t return the animosity of a glare. “My marriage was hard. Impossible at times… and we were not under the pressure that you and she are. But… BUT I am not Parissa and you are not Edric.”

Shifting her eyes away, “I have never claimed to have a way with words, I… I am sorry if I offended you.” Glancing at him again, her dark eyes earnest. “I didn’t mean for anything I said to be offensive.”
Old 11-18-2015, 11:31 PM   #30
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He all but snarled as he looked at her. "Are you...? Your words were almost exactly that you think I am setting us up for unhappiness further down the road. Or do you not hear what comes out of your mouth? How else am I meant to take that, Len?" he asked, sitting up a bit more.

"Look... I know you don't mean anything by it... I'm not myself right now. Obviously. I've been... stuck... and I'm quick to anger. I understand that. And... I am protective. I understand that, too... But you must also understand how you sound right now. I just am having a hard time seeing how me taking a mistress is relevant in any way to her progress."

He paused and then looked at her again. "That being said... take care, Lenore... You may be one of the only people who can speak to me the way you just did- telling me I only hear what I want to hear- without being struck. Remember that next time you feel the urge to tell me I only pick and choose... and that I don't hear you."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lenore vellfyre