Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 12:48 AM   #61
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

She sighed and shook her head, "You never know. It could be the gods stirring the pot and giving them ideas on what to bring down upon our heads." It was difficult to tell if she really believed what she was saying, but she could have just been teasing Alys to see what sort of reaction her words would bring out.

Then she covered her mouth with her hand hiding a tiny squeak of laughter knowing it was no laughing matter, but was just caught off guard, but eventually she nodded a bit more soberly, "Yes, definitely, one was certainly enough."
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 AM   #62
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

"The gods don't listen to me... If they did... Well, they don't..." she said, not sounding bitter. She spoke it as if it were fact.

"Now there's not even that many. Good job."
Old 11-14-2015, 01:55 AM   #63
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She could have began to blaspheme against the gods for speaking her mind, but instead she held her tongue instead.

"All of those that suffered and died within it...I had a feeling that the tower trapped their spirits within. It was my duty to free them," she replied giving over yet another new reason for doing what she did. All of them were viable enough, but the answer of, they fucked with my sister, let them all burn the fuck down was rather uncouth even though it was true. However, even her sister belittled her actions in one of her more recent tantrums.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:11 PM   #64
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That is not how spirits work," Tyana said, blinking. "Why, though? Why was it your duty? What did you owe them? Face it, Ty... you burned the tower because you were angry and wanted revenge... You don't have to lie to me."
Old 11-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #65
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Isn't it? I did not realize you knew how spirits worked," she replied with curiosity.

"I think it was all those things and I would not lie about it with you. Just sitting by...it felt wrong and it did not help that my sister was captured by a madman. It was impulsive, but that has always been who I was. This way the Seyferts filled their coffers, the spirits and my sister were avenged and that damnable tower is a burnt husk now hopefully taken down stone by stone." I regret nothing...for now knowing that it all might change once they arrived in Tal Solarii.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:59 AM   #66
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Anybody who's listened to a priest of Corvus knows that's not how spirits work."

Alys cast her a skeptical look. "That's fine, Tyana. I just hope you know that if it had been anybody else... the king would have had their hand... Or their head. I hope you realize how lucky you are that you are who you are... That's all."
Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #67
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose, but it does not feel any less like that. Plus, why even have ghost stories and such if the latter is not true and they are all shunted to Corvus' domain?"

Tyana nodded noting Alys' skepticism and sighed. "I know. I was most fortunate and I plan to be more careful in the future. I also plan to keep out of any sort of trouble for the time being. I personally went to the King and begged for forgiveness. He even stated that if I manage to stay out of trouble that he would stand on my behalf with my father."
Old 11-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #68
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Those are to entertain children, Ty..." she said. "The only ghosts that exist are the ones in our minds. When people die, they are gone. They don't come back to walk among us. They were here and then they aren't. That's just how it is." But it was clear she wasn't really talking to anybody but herself at the end there.

"I am glad that it wasn't worse... I do love you dearly. But... it is a little... Well... Never mind. Forget I said anything."
Old 11-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #69
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

They would have to agree to disagree. Not that she was afraid of ghosts, but more than everyone was entitled to their own opinion on how things work despite what the priests' of Corvus may preach.

She frowned, "Everyone has had their own opinion regarding the matter. Say what you are going to say and get it off your chest. It is best to say it aloud so I know to ensure that your voice along with everyone else's will scream at me to blow out the match and stop me from lighting another fight."
Old 11-18-2015, 12:54 AM   #70
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Is it really, though? Is it really what is best?" she asked, looking back over at her. "I wouldn't know how to put it into words, anyway. And I'm not looking to upset you or fight with you. Let's just... put it behind us. It doesn't matter."
Old 11-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #71
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think so, most tend to whisper loudly behind their hands while staring straight at me with their opinions as clear as day. Kaelyn even seemed to look at me like I am a monster and I would rather know what people think instead of feeling it like pins and needles being stuck in my back," she replied.

She nodded knowing how much worse Alys has changed, a bit like Kellan, but even more foregone with hopes to drown in wine instead of facing the sorrow head on. She would never heal from it. "Only, because it is you, Alys," she murmured gently and then sighed.

"Princess Alianor has not been to pleased with you. You seem to always be elsewhere when she is in need of us." It was all said out of concern and warning. If they were still with Charlotte, the girl would be whipped soundly until the pain pierced her snowwine-addled brain.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 PM   #72
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't think you're a monster," Alys said plainly. "But thoughts are private things, Tyana. Sometimes thoughts are all people have to themselves. You should never force them out of a person. It's not nice."

She looked over at her and scratched the back of her neck. "Princess Alianor has never much been pleased with me. She made up her mind about me a long time ago. Whether I'm present or not won't change that..."
Old 11-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #73
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Darling, if I was ever to use force, it would not be a blunt request of just asking you to speak your mind," Tyana replied with a sigh and the sniffed, "Some people have thoughts that they could not keep private if it was the only thing keeping them alive. It is their big mouth, if it failed to keep flapping they might die of shock. Those people are not nice. The ones that pretend to be a friend just to stab you in the back with words that hurt like adding salt to an already festering wound."

A hand was placed upon her shoulder with concern, "But not making an effort at all? It might create more problems for you in the future."
Old 11-19-2015, 11:16 PM   #74
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I think everybody pretends... And yet, not really. I think it's not so black and white as all that. People stab people without meaning to. It's just nature..."

She looked at Tyana's hand as if confused by what it was. "Such as?"
Old 11-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #75
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She looked at Alys for a moment, "I never see things as black and white, but I do not know how people can stab other people without meaning to. You either do or you do not."

"The princess has her brother's ear. She might demand the King to take action. What do you think would be the worse thing to befall you?" She asked softly in a concerned whisper. "Perhaps, you can join me and Natalia as I become a bard and she becomes a scout for someone's company, especially if my father disowns me and sends me on my way," she offered as a jest knowing that she was not far from her own punishment in Tal Solarii.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #76
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sometimes you make mistakes... You don't mean to make them... But they hurt people. Or sometimes it's something you can't help. Like making a promise and breaking it because you had no choice..."

She sniffed. "The worst? He marries me to somebody who'll treat me terribly... Oh... Wait... I suppose the worst is already happening... Why would your father disown you, though? If the king is speaking on your behalf?"
Old 11-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #77
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Silence followed as Alys spoke, inwardly she measured her own life experience to what the other girl said. The same mistake should not be made more than once, and never make a promise you cannot keep. She just nodded however not feeling a need to tread over Alys' opinions, but not necessarily agreeing with them either.

She frowned as she whispered, "There are far worse people than my cousin, Alys, but I heard that engagement has been broken or was it Lady Bryony's. I cannot keep any of it straight anymore or what is truth or gossip."

There was a grimace, "Well, Tal Solarii is too far off and the condition is that I behave. I mean you know me just as well as others, and how impulsive I end up being and we will reach Fairgrove before Solarii. I think I am just going to do my best to keep myself very busy in Princess Alianor's household so the spies will sing my praise. Even Sanya's suspicious eyes have been busy bugging out over Amina, so I must be doing something right."
Old 11-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #78
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't know... Nor do I care. It all goes back to the same thing, doesn't it? Besides... Whether or not my engagement is broken, I can still guess as to who I may be betrothed to next. As far as family's go... I'm a useful name... Even if I am not myself useful. To say nothing of the dowry attached to me..."

She wrinkled her nose. "Is it really so difficult to behave? To have to distract yourself so... You aren't a child. Surely you can manage. I have faith in you."
Old 11-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #79
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

A brow rose as she asked, "And who might you guess will be your next betrothed?"

She looked at Alys as she replied, "I might have you answer the same question, Alys." Then sighed, "I am going to give my best attempt of course, but if there is an opportunity to right a wrong from the past, it will be even more difficult than even my own will power can withstand. I appreciate that you have faith in me though and perhaps my concerns are just in my mind."
Old 11-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #80
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It will either be Gavin, Kellan, or Kain... Maybe even Kadreth or Bryce... Though I doubt it shall be the prince... He's a bit too important to lower himself enough to marry one such as me... But it does keep my dowry with the Vellfyres..."

She grinned. "But... nobody's told me to behave yet... And it a choice I am actively making. You... act as if you cannot help yourself... Why is it up to you to right wrongs all of a sudden... You are not a marshal... Or a justiciar..."
Old 11-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #81
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"True..." she replied and fell silent. "Well, maybe Gavin and Kellan will be the next choice, I think Bryony's own engagement to Kellan has been dissolved now that Lady Elinor was married off to Lord Vayth."

She refrained to remind her that whether anyone told her or not, it needed to be done. "Well I could not imagine getting the marshal or justiciar involved, it is a personal wrong. I doubt they have time for such things and yet it is not frivolous to me."
Old 11-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #82
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Now there's a match," Alys said with some humor returning. "The stoic and sullen captain of the sellswords with the meekest of the Vellfyre bunch... Though to say she is a meek Vellfyre is like saying that deadly bear is slightly less deadly than all the others... I look forward to watching that unfold... If anything does... In truth, I had my coin on him marrying Lady Saherazai... Or that Seyfert you are so fond of now... Lady Natalia. He definitely seems to have a preference."

She chuckled. "Then it's not worth the trouble, Tyana... Unless you are willing to suffer the consequences for it, of course... But then you know well what you are getting yourself into... And that's more trouble than I could ever dream for myself."
Old 11-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #83
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She wrinkled her nose, "I have no idea what my opinion is of Lord Vayth and well Lady Vayth seemed rather quiet and too polite, but rarely engaging. Although, of late she seems to at least be more aware of her surroundings, staying a bit later to the parties and feasts that are being thrown, but that is about as much as I know of her. I would imagine she would find me insufferable and I will find her constantly passing judgment on me."

"Oh? I had no idea, I wonder if Lady Natalia has her sights on Lord Vayth for a lover. Although, it would make more sense for Natalia to marry first before conducting her love affair right under a Vellfyre's nose, meek or not."

A sigh escaped as she sniffed and pursed her lips, "Perhaps you are right. I will just ignore the arse and do my best to weather the storm and not rise to the bait. He was the fool and I am being the better woman by having found him unworthy of my attentions."
Old 11-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #84
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sounds like you've got her figured pretty well..." Alys scoffed. "But she's not so different than some others..."

She gave Tyana an incredulous look. "Why would it make sense to marry before pursuing? Becoming a mistress to Lord Vayth is nothing to sneer at..."

There was a bit of a sigh of relief. "There you go. Glad to hear you say that."
Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #85
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She shrugged, "Who knows, perception and whatever they secret away in their minds are always quite different. She might be nice for all I know."

"I agree, but I just imagined Lord Vayth not being the type to declare a mistress and more just a secret lover. Then if Natalia marries someone they could continue to be together while she has a lot of children," she chuckled as she knocked Alys' shoulder lightly. "I was being silly, Alys. Who cares? I was just trying my hand in thinking up some silly stories and start passing them out about court for entertainment, of course never with names. Completely fiction..."

A smile appeared as she nodded, but there was quite a bit of emotion underneath such a calm facade. To busy herself, she looked in on another room. "This place would have made my nursemaids cry for days trying to find me," she whispered in awe.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:22 PM   #86
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Nice is not a tell... A cruel man can fake at being nice..."

She shrugged. "I don't know enough about Lord Vayth, but he doesn't seem the type afraid to declare a mistress if that's what he wanted to do. Why keep a lover secret? He didn't keep Lady Saherazai a secret? And... it's more dangerous to carry on a love affair after you're wed than before..." Alys blinked, clearly confused by the shift.

Then she chuckled. "I'd have loved it for that reason."
Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 AM   #87
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps but their true nature eventually shines through," she replied thinking of one person in particular and hating it not liking any day that reminded her of him.

Tyana stuck her hand out and waved the questions away. "Yes, yes it was silly to even mention it. However, I do not think he is afraid of anything. I just meant that...well Lady Saherazai is a widow and he was not wed either. Ah, nevermind my head is spinning. It was silly to even think out loud at this point."

She chuckled along as she added with an excited whisper, "so many rooms and winding halls...Secret rooms and passages too!"
Old 11-28-2015, 03:37 AM   #88
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Everybody's does," she said flippantly.

"I don't know that him being married changes anything. A wife is a duty... Not a path to monogamy. I think any wife who expects their husband to keep only them in their bed is delusional. And short-sighted... A mistress, in many ways, is a blessing."

She grinned. "Will we be exploring, I wonder?"
Old 11-28-2015, 03:43 AM   #89
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sighed, "I think being someone's mistress would be a lot more fun than someone's wife."

"I would not mind it? Fun to get a little lost and to know a little more than most might have no idea of," she replied as if weighing her actions...for once.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:46 AM   #90
(Lady) Alys Fairwind
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Of course it would be... You're much more free to do... him... and then whatever you wanted. Depending on the man, I suppose. I wonder if Lord Rhaegar would be the type to get upset if his mistress kept the company of other men... Maybe Natalia should go for it... you should encourage her. They'd make a handsome pair."

Alys' grin faltered only a little. "And... if we accidentally venture upon a place we shouldn't? Do you not worry about inadvertently getting into trouble?"
Closed Thread

Tags
alys fairwind, tyana solvitreo