Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default 4.11 after dinner - a quick word - Warrick, William (open)

William saw that both the girls were sent up to bed with their guard and governess, then waited for his brother in Warrick's chamber- albeit amusing himself with one Elisa's ladies-in-waiting for a few minutes. He promised to meet the young lady later... she went scurrying as Warrick walked in, much to William's amusement.

"Not back a day and already scaring women out of the room. Still haven't learned a subtle approach, Rick?"
Old 10-27-2015, 12:41 AM   #2
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"I never saw the need... Always best to figure which of the women were meek... They're not as much fun." He went straight to the wine tray and poured himself a generous amount. "Motherfucking hells... Blacktide always been this... suffocating?" He took a drink.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:18 AM   #3
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Sometimes it's worse. When it's on fire the smoke will kill you faster than Wallace's hospitality." He paused. "Sometimes."

William made a face. "I've got to figure a way to keep him from taking the boy out on that gods-fosaken ship of his. Or the princess. I don't trust that."
Old 10-27-2015, 01:25 AM   #4
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't trust any of it..." Warrick said. "A ready excuse for every solution... I've never trusted his kindness, but that he's been so... understanding..." He took another sip and then moved back towards his brother. "Short of lighting it on fire...? That's what Bryce would have done... Or Rothgar... Maybe a small fire?"
Old 10-27-2015, 01:39 AM   #5
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"And set him off so soon? If Vellfyres' arrivals start presaging the destruction of his precious ship, he's half likely to burn one of them with it and blame some wayward vassal."

William relaxed into his chair. "You know, he could just be intending to demand the girl's hand in marriage in compensation. He hasn't spoken to me of it, but then he wouldn't. He doesn't trust anyone these days."
Old 10-27-2015, 01:52 AM   #6
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then perhaps we encourage Gavin and Ziamara to come up with excuses of their own... Or to give them some."

Warrick's shoulders went rigid. "If he were anybody else, I'd believe that to be his intent... But his mind has never worked that way. Besides, he would never pick a wife who thinks so well of us... And given his mistrust... he would not pick one who would happily speak openly to the king or prince concerning their affairs." He shook his head. "I feel unease, William... I mislike that they linger here..."
Old 10-27-2015, 03:31 AM   #7
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"I can ask Gavin's help in ranging the east road a bit. We've had some robberies along that one. But that leaves Ziamara." William shrugged. "She might be able to claim women's trouble for a few days..."

He eyed his brother. "Having them in his power for a while may well suffice. Getting Vellfyres to be his ranger and hostess for a few days... it strokes his ego. We might get out of this easy."
Old 10-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #8
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Her injuries are also well known... She can claim to be still recovering and unable to take ship... I'll speak with her... I'm certain whatever excuse we can think of, she'll come up with one far more convincing."

He sighed and looked at William, the barriers stripped away. "I pray you are right, Will... I just... don't know."
Old 10-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #9
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"More than likely... she's had a lifetime of evading Princess Alianor's requirements." He sighed. "Rick, it's... not for certain. Wallace may merely be goading everyone and preening at being able to lord over a Vellfyre or two. It is my dearest hope we are being paranoid fools. But he didn't react well at all to Worthing's death. He believes it's someone moving against us in court, whether or not the king knows it. And
the king's bastard boy' was wed to an Ambrosios. The fact that it was merely a punishment for Rollant doesn't matter to him."
Old 10-28-2015, 12:20 AM   #10
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It was a tournament... And Whitney's was a fever... Can a Wolfe not face a natural death without some sort of shadow lurking?" But even Warrick had been suspicious after Whitney's death...

"When is somebody not moving against us in court? But the Vellfyres? Even if there is a scheme, it would not be from their quarter... I'd be far more suspicious of Vayth... Hells, even Winona seems a more likely enemy of late..."
Old 10-28-2015, 12:49 AM   #11
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Was Whit's death a fever?" William asked with a look at his brother. "Truly? I thought it strange she was the first of the royal family to fall too. And I know you wondered at the time."

William's eyes shadowed. "Winona insists on playing her games in Tal Dragore. But she wants Wolfe allies, and her most natural voice in Bryce's ear was Whitney, as Worthing would help her sway Alianor. All Winona lacked was a way to speak to sway Prince Jason and the king... and she showed favor to Rothgar's mistress..." He trailed off. "Would it possible that someone who was working against Winona would make such a design?"
Old 10-28-2015, 01:24 AM   #12
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I... I don't know, Will..." he said, a bit of distress and weariness coming through in his voice. "It seemed as if she were choking... One moment laughing with Winona and the next... It happened so fast... I surely thought..." He trailed off. "I don't think it was fever..."

He turned to give his brother another look. "Did you not know...? She was rumored to be sharing Prince Jason's bed... But also Lord Rhaegar's... If somebody saw the power she was flirting with and thought to act against her... then that narrows it down to only all of Southshores and perhaps a few Golden Sons who might not have agreed with their captain's course."
Old 10-28-2015, 01:41 AM   #13
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"She was with Winona when she took ill...?" William frowned. "Then I'd look at Winona's attendants. And who pays them. At a guess, if I'm proven right it will be by our cousin facing a sudden coup among her Saherazai good-kin soon..." His hand tightened on his cup and he forced himself to set it aside.

"We could be dueling shadows. Whitney had enemies at court all her own and Worthing had rivals aplenty for his spot with Alianor. Maybe we are as paranoid as Wallace... but if I can divine another pattern to show him, that makes it so the Vellfyres are not his enemies, perhaps I can dissuade him from any foolishness."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:00 AM   #14
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Standing right beside her in conversation... She had a wine cup in her hand..." Warrick said. "I was nearby... I saw her before she was swept away. Tried to calm her down... It was as if she were choking. You may be right... I hadn't considered it might be an enemy of Winona... but now that I think on it... And Winona did seem so sure it was foul play... But she spoke it so plain in front of Lord Rhaegar that I did not indulge the conversation further... She trusts him... I do not."

He sighed. "At least half a dozen men die in each tournament we've ever attended... That can be easily disregarded as mere accident... But the other... Yes. If Wallace can be made to believe somebody else is to blame..."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #15
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Then let us weave a tale for our brother. Saherazai maliciousness or Vayth shadows? It's no matter which. The one might be cause enough for him to demand Winona return to House Wolfe for a new match- and that's a suit that would occupy his time for a few months. Applying to the king and the other Saherazai would take time and effort. And Vellfyre favor."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:24 AM   #16
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Winona needs to be back anyway... Before she stirs a mess she cannot clean up... and drags our name down with it. I do not trust that girl, William... Before, certainly... But these games she plays... I... feel almost guilty... in that I am relieved a marriage most certainly will not come of my fondness for Shiera... Winona supports it... For obvious reasons, I think... I do not think it should be difficult to spin a tale for Wallace when she's done a marvelous job of it herself."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:38 AM   #17
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Shiera... she never has recovered from the riots, has she?" William sighed. "Ah, well. Maybe the gods did you a favor, brother. Wallace was halfway to supporting that match: and that would have tied us to Veracora and thus into whatever mess was bound to arise from Winona's ties to them. Sailors tell me there may soon be a wedding between her and the Veracora boy as well. Won't that just amuse the shit out of the Solvitreos..."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:52 AM   #18
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick did not hide his sorrow from his twin. It would have been fruitless then. "I... Not yet... She's... she endured much and... and I would love very much to marry her still but... not at the cost of Winona's schemes... I don't know yet what danger that may bring, and she's... she's been through enough." He looked away. "She's an idiot... The all are if they think they'll survive it."
Old 10-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #19
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Don't feel too badly about her. There's always another pretty face somewhere. Ones that don't have shark blood might even be prettier for it." William saw the sorrow but didn't bother lingering over it. No point. "Winona has forgotten she's not in the 'Reach down there. And House Solvitreo's been ruling that vipers' nest since Kadreth's War... I truly thought she was maneuvering to avoid that idiot Veracora's suicide but maybe she's truly lost her mind."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #20
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Or she considers herself invincible," he said, ignoring the first part. "She figures she has our support... The support of the Sons... and perhaps the royal family... If she can combine forces with Veracora... it may be that she thinks she can take on Adhemar..."
Old 11-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #21
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

William stared at his twin. "She could, with that much support. But I'd wager my life on Rothgar backing Adhemar in that fight. And even if she did have Wallace backing her, there's steadier breezes than our brother when it comes to such matters."

He grimaced. "No. She'd bank on Wallace and he'll take the chance to cripple the rival fleets then turn anything in his possession to the king lest our shipping suddenly all find its way into Kingsport. That leaves Veracora and Saherazai with Adhemar on one side, Vellfyre on the other and quite possibly a few Westridge border lords marching in to raze their western holdings... not to mention Zisemides. They'd have superior numbers in ships. They could... feasibly... take on Adhemar. But that just destabilizes the 'Shores when we're already facing the crisis of taking in the nobles fleeing the war... speaking of, a few of those are due for a visit in a few days. We'll probably be stuck with them until their money runs out."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #22
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick's eyes darkened. "I'm not convinced she wouldn't do it just for the chaos... To prove she's got the influence enough to shift the balance..." He looked sharply at him. "Their coin couldn't hurt..."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #23
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Couldn't it? If enough of them take shelter with Veracora or Saherazai... they might get coin enough to sway more of the vassals. If sudden numbers of Solvitreo men don't materialize to their liege lord's call... that could land Veracora what he wants."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:31 AM   #24
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That assumes a lot... Such as Solvitreo not already seeing this materializing for himself... And having already taken steps that we don't yet know... We are both old enough to know Adhemar has not managed the Shores by sheer dumb luck..."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:43 AM   #25
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"It assumes he might not be able to catch all the fattest fish. The ones who are kinsmen to Saherazai, especially. And while he's not been ruling by dumb luck, even the wisest can falter." William smiled. "But I do wonder... how much extra gold has he scraped into his coffers and whether or not all of it will be reported to the king."
Old 11-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #26
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Good questions... And good things to ponder... So far, we've also been rather fortunate about where our family falls when it comes to taking sides... But I fear our brother may not have inherited the wisdom to know how to come to such decisions..."
Old 11-07-2015, 01:26 AM   #27
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Perhaps if our brother falls on one side and we on another, the family's future is secured..."
Old 11-07-2015, 01:57 AM   #28
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That is my hope..." Warrick said earnestly. "But then... Wallace and I have never exactly stood next to one another on anything..."
Old 11-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #29
(Ser) William Wolfe
the blond wolf

My Mood:

"Use it to your advantage, Rick." William looked at his twin solemnly. "You're closer to the king. I'm sure he knows of the tension... in this next while it may be useful for you to make clear that you do not necessarily agree with everything our kinsmen do."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #30
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've been making it clear over and over again..." Warrick assured him. "I may also be ensuring your safety in this... As much safety as can be assured, anyway. There's not point in saving myself if you're not saved with me."
Closed Thread

Tags
warrick wolfe, william wolfe