Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:02 AM   #31
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"That is the sad reality of war... War which we become so good at... That's the trouble with it. No matter how good... the longer you are... it claims your life one way or another. Either it takes it... Or you end up living for it..."
Old 11-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #32
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

"Indeed," Gavin agreed with a nod.

"I still do not know the full story on how my mother died. They said she just fell ill and the magisters were unable to heal her. Some whisper that she was murdered with poison. I do not know why my mother would have been targeted. Her passing does not make me sad as my sister's or twin's death. It frustrates and angers me if she was indeed done in by foul play." His voice was lowered and again it was one of those taboo subjects that one should not talk about, but Whitney was his mother and Warrick would know a lot more than some on what happened that day.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:30 PM   #33
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick looked away as Gavin spoke, his lips unable to do more than frown. "I... was at her side when she took ill... It was sudden... There are some who simply have a bad reaction to food or drink... It was not unlike that. I would not assume foul play, Gavin..."
Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #34
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

As Warrick looked away, Gavin gave him a sidelong glance, but fell silent to listen to his words. Then his own frown deepened as he nodded as if making a decision, "Then I shall not assume it, but it reminds me of how helpless I am to protect my mother and my sister as well as those that continue to live. No one can rail against the gods as fate steps in to cut the life line sooner when their time comes. At least, if it was murder, I could some how avenge her," he whispered.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #35
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Such is life... And the older we get, the more the fates intervene in such things... People leave us, Gavin... No matter how we wish it to be otherwise... And vengeance is only sweet for a time, but grieving does not happen when you seek to avenge somebody you love.. It doesn't cure the emptiness."
Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #36
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The emptiness seems to have a mind of its own, but what do you fill it with when you know that it or a person would pass too whether it is time, war or sickness?"
Old 11-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Sometimes with nothing... Sometimes the emptiness is welcome... Sometimes with action. Training, tournaments... even war at times. For me it is numbers... And music. And my children now... But when my wife and son died... it took some time to feel... whole again."
Old 11-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #38
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin looked ahead with a pensive expression and then he nodded, "I suppose I am on the right path at least."

"Marriage...I will imagine it is the next challenge once the King decides who my bride will be." It all sounded matter-of-fact and he did not seem to have any real opinion at the moment on the subject just that it was eventually inevitable seeing how everyone was getting wed or re-wed. "Will you seek marriage again, Warrick?"
Old 11-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There is more than one right path, Gavin. What's important is that you keep on walking."

There was a harder look in his eyes, and it took him a moment to answer. "I imagine marriage is in my future, yes. But it is entirely on my brother to decide when and to who."
Old 11-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #40
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The problem was having the desire to keep walking, but he let that subject rest not wishing to talk anymore on the matter.

Just like, Warrick seemed to give that impression with the topic of marriage. "At least in that regard, I have just attempted to follow the whole, 'what will be will be' and be done with it especially if the say is not mine to make."
Old 11-13-2015, 12:18 AM   #41
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's probably the healthier way to look at it," Warrick agreed. "It's a lot harder to be all right with it when you've come to love somebody... Especially when you know there's no chance she will become your wife."
Old 11-14-2015, 12:52 AM   #42
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps, love will eventually come with the one you end up marrying. I know some families that manage it," he added. "But not all, some are just haphazard matches to make both parties miserable and the one making the match the happiest."
Old 11-14-2015, 01:12 AM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That was true for me and Kat... I did not love her when first we were wed. We grew into it... And I came to love her deeply before she was taken from me. And it was true for your mother and father, too... There was no love there at first. And even at the start... Perhaps you were old enough to remember the rougher times, as well... But they did learn to love one another."
Old 11-14-2015, 01:35 AM   #44
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded having all in mind when he spoke his mind, "Do you believe it was worth it to love them even though you lost them so soon? Or would you have found it better to steel your heart from love if you knew what you know now?"
Old 11-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would not trade that love for anything," Warrick answered easily. "Though... I'd have preferred it if she and my son had lived while I died in their stead."
Old 11-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #46
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I do not think it ever works like that," he replied having the same thoughts about trading his brother's life for his own. "Too many would suffer if you met your end, Warrick."
Old 11-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #47
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"With all loss comes suffering and sorrow. Remember that, Gavin."
Old 11-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #48
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I can never forget, Warrick," he replied solemnly as he looked ahead while attempting to mask the pain. "All I can do is remember."
Old 11-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #49
demoted to extra

My Mood:

They came upon the yard and Warrick pulled a pair of gloves from his pocket, slipping them in one after another very slowly. He glanced over at Gavin. "Did you want to spar to warm up, or practice on your own first?"
Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #50
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

When they arrived at the yard, there was a bit of relief for their minds would be on something more tangible as they trained to exhaustion. "We can spar to warm up and I would imagine it would not just remain the two of us as soon as they see what we have to offer."

He got ready as well both mentally and physically as he stretched to warm his muscles before he waited for Warrick to pick his weapon of choice.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:52 AM   #51
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hand-to-hand?" Warrick suggested. "I'd hate risking cutting that pretty face of yours."
Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #52
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin chuckled as he replied, "Sure, but haven't you heard, scars are manly and while it repels some, it attracts others. Although, the real question is what sort does it attract and do I wish for that sort of attention?"
Old 11-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #53
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It has not made your brother seem happier to have one... I don't know why. The scar doesn't look near so bad as he would make it seem judging by the scowl he always wears."
Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #54
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps it is the scowl that sends the women running and not the scar?"
Old 11-19-2015, 11:20 PM   #55
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not all women are put off by a scowl. Some see it as a challenge... Of course that goes back to the question? Are those the sort of women you want to attract?"
Old 11-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #56
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He chuckled, "Either way, it continues to seem more like a crap shoot. Best to lay with women that have no desire for attachments so at least that part of your life remains uncomplicated." Even he did not know what sort of women he was truly attracted to, but most seemed intent on just giving him a headache with all of their games, lies and schemes.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #57
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's a good approach, but it never works... You always get attached. Especially when you tell yourself that you won't."
Old 11-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #58
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Any suggestions?" He asked just then.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #59
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Nothing specific," he said in reply. "Only to allow what happens to happen... To not force them, but to not fight the feelings either... Our hearts often know first what our minds would never have suspected... And that sounds an awful lot like some crap a poet might say. Let's pretend I didn't say it."
Old 11-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #60
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin cracked a smile and then chuckled, "It has been said and we cannot pretend it hasn't, but I shall not spread it about that you speak like a poet. Careful, Warrick, you will start having the ladies fall at your feet begging for more poetry when the rest of us speak prose."
Closed Thread

Tags
gavin vellfyre, warrick wolfe