Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
(Lord Treasurer) Warrick Wolfe
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Default 4.12.331 (morning) | The Yard | Warrick, Gavin [ask to join]

Warrick had woken early, as he was apt to do, particularly when he'd had a rough time sleeping the night before. It was good to be back in his old room, sleeping in a familiar bed, but there was a feeling of unease that he could not shake. That's why when he woke, yet again, just before the sun rose, he did not even bother trying to lay his head back down. He dressed slowly, combed his hair, and ate unhurriedly. He did at least wait for the sun to come up for a while before venturing to where they'd put Gavin... There was no denying that they needed to speak... Only he did not wish to venture too far from the castle. There seemed a perfect solution.

He knocked on the door and asked the servant within first if Gavin was even awake. There was some exchange of words, but before long, he was being announced and shown in, a smile finally gracing his features as he greeted him.

"I was not sure if you would be awake, my lord, but I am pleased you are. I've too often been reminded I do not get out to the yard nearly enough... I was hoping you would like to accompany me. I would hate to think my skill with a spear has diminished... Perhaps you could help me in that regard."
Old 10-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Gavin never had a difficulty sleeping. In fact, if he could get away with it, he would sleep away his days, but that was then and this was now. In order to get his head straight, he forced himself into a routine that made him rise with the sun, if not before it at times to sort of prepare himself mentally for the day.

Today, he decided to do a bit of meditation as he sat there with his legs crossed and his eyes closed concentrating on breathing, calm and clearing his mind. It made him sharper to do this and helped to get through each day when he mentally prepared himself, before filling his mind with all the shit he needed to worry about. Who knew when the next moment to actually relax would come and he never took it for granted.

Luckily, as he was finishing up, there was a knock on the door and Marius went to see who was at the door. He was up off the rushes and stretching as Warrick was shown in. "Good morning. I was meaning to go out there myself and would not mind the company. I will do my best, my lord, but I'm a bit more handy with the sword or lance," he admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would still have your advice. You've been on the front of late... Yours is an opinion to be respected." He stood a bit straighter. "Do you need a moment to change or will you be going like that? I would hate to see your finery ruined."
Old 10-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded not wishing to disagree with Warrick and feeling appreciated that he still wanted Gavin's advice. "I will do my best, of course, my lord."

Gavin was tempted to just go out like he was, but Marius looked almost forlorn about it causing the Vellfyre to sigh. "Yes, I'll change. I think my valet would not like to see my finery ruined as well," he said with a chuckle. Then moved back into the room to change into the more sturdier and older clothes that he usually went out to train in which was conveniently all laid out for him by Marius. He could practically hear his valet sighing with relief.

Once he had changed, he retrieved his sword and scabbard and headed out with Warrick. "How does it feel to be back home, my lord?" He asked with interest.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick waited patiently... having no need to take in the surroundings. He knew the castle well... Knew every room for he'd hidden in each one at least once... He was idly playing with one of the plants that had been laid out for the prince's son when Gavin finished dressing.

"It is... what it is," he said lamely after taking a moment to consider it. He looked over at him as they walked and his frown showed a little. "It is, in some ways, good I suppose."
Old 10-29-2015, 12:14 AM   #6
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And yet you frown...is there something I should be concerned about, my lord?" His expression turned concerned if not a little grim with lowered voice.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If there were... the corridor seems hardly the best place to speak so plain," Warrick offered with something of a grin. "But my lord is wise. Surely he knows what answer I'd give him were I free to."
Old 10-29-2015, 01:43 AM   #8
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded, "Yes, I have drawn my own conclusions, but the real question is how do we resolve it. Anyways, it will be something best discussed later, the time in the yard all clear the mind for new ideas."
Old 10-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Actually... the real question is... 'can we?'" Warrick sighed and looked ahead. "A conversation definitely to be had after we put in some practice... For all they jest, I do manage to hit the yard often in Vellesca... I do miss tournaments, though... It's almost sobering to realize that it's not my time anymore to do things like that..."
Old 11-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #10
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick's reply made his frown deepen falling silent, but he nodded to push it aside for after their practice.

"You look quite fit despite age or profession, my lord. I would imagine that you could compete still if you miss it so."
Old 11-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And if I had only myself to consider, I might happily do so..." he sighed. "Alas, the treasury does not sort itself... An excuse, I know... The truth is... I've been so tired of late... The thought of competing against men who spend far more time in the yard than I seems like a good way to get hurt..."
Old 11-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #12
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lord Warrick, no one can fault you your decision. My uncle will be a grave man to have lost you to injury or death and I would imagine he knows how valuable you are and what you do for him. Both trusted and with the ability to fill his coffers. Even if you did not hold yourself back, there is a possibility that he might excuse or not," Gavin replied truthfully.

"Are the taxes making you lose sleep, my lord?" He asked.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Taxes always make me lose sleep, Gavin..." he said, looking back at him. "Come... I've known you your whole life... Your father is in many ways like my own... Surely we do not need to stand on formalities. You need not call me lord."
Old 11-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #14
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ah, more of a habit, Warrick. I have not been in Blacktide for quite awhile and it feels as if I need to be a lot more formal," he said almost sheepishly as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"And coming back from the West, I am still re-adjusting," he admitted. "Is there anything I can be of assistance with?" Changing the subject back to his mention of losing sleeping over taxes.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps with some... But never with me nor I imagine with William... but I suppose I can't speak for him." He noticed Gavin, too, did that thing Bryce did. And many of his kin, actually. He smiled and shook his head, though there was amusement behind his brown eyes.

"People are still adjusting from the North. You can hardly be blamed for that... As for the taxes... Perhaps if you would not mind when we leave Blacktide, accompanying the me and the princess to Coppelstone to speak with your lord cousin... Perhaps your presence coupled with hers might be enough to light a fire under his breeches in terms of sending what is owed."
Old 11-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #16
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ah yes, but we never know who is watching or listening," Gavin quipped back with a small smile.

He turned grim and shook his head, "I do hope that Edric has made an attempt of getting things together instead of sulking in his room or whoring. Nothing from nothing will yield more nothing, but I would imagine he hopes that someone will bail him out after his hasty decision."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And who would fault you for it?" he asked.

"That's the truth... Perhaps it may be that your future is in the treasury," he said with a light laugh.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #18
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin shrugged then grinned almost like his old self, "I would imagine when it is revealed that it would be entirely too late."

"No offense is meant, but I do not think I have the patience to do what you do, Warrick," he feigned a groan.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:32 AM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Too late for what? Nobody much cares over any perceived insult cast at me. If anything, it might make a few people like you better."

He laughed again. "I don't have the patience to do what I do..."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:38 AM   #20
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He rubbed the back of his neck, "The women watch me like a falcon about to swoop down upon a mouse. Are we not supposed to be the hunters?"

"I would imagine you go out into the yard just to burn off some of the annoyance and frustration after a long day of holding onto your patience."
Old 11-07-2015, 12:53 AM   #21
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick regarded him strangely. "What do you mean? That... seems out of nowhere... Is there a woman on your mind, Gavin?"

He nodded. "It is a necessity, really... Either I take it out on practice dummies... or my poor clerks get it... Even if they deserve it, I think that's frowned on."
Old 11-07-2015, 01:25 AM   #22
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No, I am attempting to avoid mewling, ranting, crazed women for the time being. They play like cats, soft and sweet with claws promising to scratch your eyes out," Gavin replied.

"I believe your poor clerks would thank you for going out to the yard," he said with a grin. "I just look towards my next battle. It has been what I have become good at. Perhaps things would have been vastly different if Garrett was still alive," he replied and managed to remain stoic on the surface.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:53 AM   #23
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's a wise approach. I wish I'd thought so much when I was your age."

He gave him a true look of sympathy... but not of pity. He knew better. "War becomes a way of life... A calling... It is something nobody wants to be good at... But something people should be good at. I'm... sorry about Garrett... I can't imagine the pain you must be going through."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #24
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin looked ahead remaining stoic, but his eyes and mouth still tinged in sadness. "Some days are worse than others, but I think at times that he was the man and I was the shadow. And now I am a shadow without the man."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #25
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Warrick's lips tightened and he nodded. "That... is how it is with Will and I... He is the man... I understand that much at least... If ever he were to be taken... Even if I were here, I wouldn't really be..." He looked seriously back at him. "Is that how it feels? Like you're... hollow?"
Old 11-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #26
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The good days are when I just feel numb. Numb enough not to feel or think or care to much. The bad days are when I feel hollow, but it would fill with rage, frustration, guilt, and sadness. I just think the gods stole away the better twin. The one that was destined for great things and with each battle I hoped to see my brother again soon." He unconsciously rubbed a scar on his neck.

"But people say time lessens the pain of loss...it just takes...well time," he attempted to sound light knowing how dark a conversation could get especially with the current topic.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:10 AM   #27
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The pain will never go away, Gavin. But you were not the lesser twin. I never saw it that way... But I know what it is to feel it... The truth is... he'd have felt that way if it'd been you... And there'd be little to say that would have comforted him... Still... there's much still here that is worth living for..."
Old 11-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #28
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I know that you are right. Amazing how different we are despite sharing the same womb, but I see that we were complementary to the other. What do you find worth living for, Warrick?"
Old 11-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #29
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If I could not count William? My daughter. My son. My people who, though I am far away, are never far from my mind. For you... it might be your father... your brother and your sister... They've both lost much... I'm certain Bryce would not survive losing another."
Old 11-08-2015, 02:24 AM   #30
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded again stoic as he looked ahead, "Too much loss has touched my family. The gods have not allowed us to grieve for them just to have another one gone."
Closed Thread

Tags
gavin vellfyre, warrick wolfe