Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Blacktide

Blacktide The largest port city in Kingsreach, with a population of almost 36,000. Blacktide serves as a business center where trade and enterprise thrive. For whatever reason, the city is not exactly host to the friendliest sort of people, and has a bit of a reputation for not being the sort of place you want to be alone in at night. In recent years, Blacktide was plagued by a series of riots, but it was put down before it could escalate and now the city is recovering well.

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List
Gavin Vellfyre

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default 4.10 after sunset (after well met) ~ What monsters here do lurk? ~ Zee, Gavin (closed)

Ziamara left the men to their amusements, pleading her own exhaustion. She leaned on Mark's arm as her champion appeared at her side to walk her to the pavilion he'd overseen constructed.

Once inside, she asked him to tarry a while then make a leisurely way to Gavin to ask him for a moment of his time. She and Mark discussed the next day's path and ride for a few minutes after, then she let him go to make his way to Gavin as he saw fit. She knew he would give her ample time as it made sense to let her cousin, William and Warrick socialize a while.

Ziamara used her time to let Carissa undress her and help with a sponge bath to get the dust of the road off. She then donned a white linen cote with white-on-white embroidery round the wrists and neck-- a beautiful piece, but one she wore beneath others instead of on its own. Carissa let Ziamara's hair down as well, carefully untangling the curls and waves and adding a touch of oil here and there to tame the pieces that did not behave. She did her best to remove the kohl Zee wore around her eyes when traveling in the sun, but some of it would remain until there was time for a proper bath.

With all that done, Ziamara wrapped herself in a fur and settled down by one of the pavilion's braziers to stretch out on the cushions that would serve as their beds for the evening and wait for her cousin's arrival.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

After four or five cups of wine, or more, he did not care to remember, not because he was drunk, but that it did not seem to phase him until a lot more was consumed. He knew they would have an early enough start and even before they left there was a lot of preparation to complete hours before. Feeling at least buzzed, he said good night and sought out his tent. However, before he could even kick off his boots, Mark arrived causing him to grow concerned and alert.

However, the message conveyed did not sound absolutely urgent and so he nodded and said he would arrive shortly. Rubbing the weariness from his face, he worked his features to be stoic and unreadable and headed towards Zee's tent.

He announced himself and entered Zee's tent noticing her stretched out on the cushions wrapped in a fur. "You look tired, coz. Everything all right?"
Old 10-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #3
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No," she admitted with a sigh but turned a faint smile to her cousin and pushed herself up on her elbow to hold her hand out to him. "Sit. I need to rest a bit while I can. I've got to speak with Warrick tonight, before we set foot in Blacktide. The twins were still jovial when you left them, weren't they? There's some tension about their brother... I'm hoping to get a clearer idea of what before we're in his presence and surrounded by his men."
Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He drew closer and took her hand noticing how cold it felt and frowned. Then he took a seat still holding her hand and picked up the other and placed them in both of his attempting to warm her hands up. "Yes, they seemed to be catching up on everything that could not be included in a letter," he replied as he first vigorously rubbed her hands.

"I would imagine now that I am gone, William will catch up Warrick on what is to be expected. Your visit with Warrick sounds like a good idea especially if we know a bit more of what to expect from this trip," he said as he massaged her hands allowing his heat and the rubbing to help warm them.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #5
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled again as he caught her hands and rubbed them. "Gavin... thank you. Gods, how do you manage to stay so much warmer? You've been asking favors of the sun god, haven't you?"

Ziamara scooted closer to him to lay her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to come." Her voice was a near whisper, the words said slowly, heavily. He'd been thrust in the middle of the Wolfe twins when his own loss of Garrett remained an unhealed wound. "But I am glad of your presence."
Old 10-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #6
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He chuckled, but shrugged, "I often burn as hot as a furnace, so it is only fair to share it with someone that needs it."

"It is best for my father to remain by the king's side and well Kain is rather impetuous and dangerous for such a delicate journey," he replied tensing slightly at the mention of his twin, but breathing or rather forcing himself to breathe normally as he placed a kiss upon her brow. "I am honored to be here and hopefully it will all go smoothly."
Old 10-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #7
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Will it?" She slid her arm around his shoulders and hugged him. A source of warmth as much as a steady presence... "Wolfe won't have taken the news of Worthing well. I don't know if we should play imperious or humble with him but if the twins stay on our side, at least some of the other family might."
Old 10-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #8
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It probably won't, but we will prepare and hope for the best," he said truthfully as he gently rested his head upon hers and accepted the hug. It was dangerous because it made him feel and already the prickling and the ache could be felt at feeling which was the last thing he desired. Numb, cold...it was easier to deal with for now even now, but he did not pull away finding it easier just to remain still.

"I think you would be best as the soothing balm, Zee, but we do not know how he will play it. Best to keep an open mind and play cautiously, humbly, play to the man's ego and unruffle the feathers. Worthing died in a tourney, he was Alianor's champion and constantly in a position of danger. These things could not be forgotten and it is not as if our kin ran him through or executed him at a whim. It was an accident...no matter how many Wolfes were hurt or have died."

"We will need to trust someone and hopefully, it remains strictly political, but I will have your back, coz."
Old 10-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #9
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You expect reason from Blacktide, love? This city has never been held as rich in that." She hugged him a little tighter, nerves getting the best of her. "I don't know who to trust here. I have always trusted Warrick and Will but... in this? I fear it's not going to end the way we hope. Not the expressions I saw pass between them this afternoon... There is a shark in these waters and I cannot see it."
Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #10
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No, but I am attempting to be optimistic and you are right in that." He held her close, warming her better than the flame in the brazier. "They will not cut you loose even in this." He said with certainty.

He frowned as his brows furrowed, "Even a shark gives warning with the fin that sticks out, but how do you suppose this will end, Zee?"
Old 10-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #11
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Zee turned her head to look up at her cousin with tired, weary eyes. "I fear blood," she said in a whisper, not wanting to give stronger voice to it. "We are on our own here, love. We'll walk carefully, and hope we do not fall into the shark's pool."
Old 10-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #12
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Gavin fell silent listening to her fears with a frown, but meet her weary gaze with hArdennes blue eyes. "Then we plan for it while we pull off the best mummery that anyone has ever bore witness to," he said softly, but there was an edge of steel in his voice.

"The...twins would help where they can, but they love you and would not see you harmed, coz. Even then we will be prepared."
Old 10-23-2015, 11:53 PM   #13
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The twins love our fathers. That is not always the same thing," she said with a sadder look. But she turned her head so her face was against Gavin's shoulder and curled up closer to him. "Thank you for being here, Gav. If I were on my own... I think I would be weeping."
Old 10-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #14
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The twins love our fathers and we are our fathers' children. If harm befalls us, it would hurt our fathers and they would not want that," he said firmly, but with a reassuring voice.

He pulled her close and offered her solace, heat and comfort, "You don't have to thank me, Zee we are family and you aren't alone." He gently stroked her back in an attempt to calm her down. "We will get through this."
Old 10-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #15
demoted to extra

My Mood:

At what cost...? But she didn't dare voice that question. Instead she clung to Gavin and nodded, hoping he was right. He was one of the greatest fighters- Wallace would have trouble hurting him.

"We will..." she said finally, her voice quiet and shaking a little with emotions she didn't want to express. "Providing you can calm my nerves so easily... when did you become the expert in talking me down from a cliff, love?" She tried to jest and smiled against his shoulder.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:34 AM   #16
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He would not mind a fight even if it was the end for him, but as long as his cousin was safe he would be content. Blood frenzy with take over and he would be the weapon that his fatalistic nature has dubbed him.

A gentle chuckle was heard as he answered mixing humor with personal experience, "A talent cultivated to also keep the peace between my father and Kain...and to calm horses and get kittens out of trees."
Old 10-24-2015, 01:02 AM   #17
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well, if you can keep the peace between those two, darling... you should be the one calming Wallace if it comes to it. Perhaps between the two of us we'll manage yet." She slid one arm around his waist and hugged him. "I missed you, Gavin. I don't think I told you that enough before."
Old 10-24-2015, 01:12 AM   #18
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I was cultivating it, it did not mean I am successful," he corrected. "So Kain will continue to do what he pleases while father might avoid me for a time."

"We shall see when the time comes." Then when she adjusted to hug him tightly he hugged her back, but carefully so he did not end up crushing her. "It is good to be missed. The mountain air helped clear my mind, but I missed you and everyone else. All I had was grumpy Kal keeping me company with his foul temper and filthy mouth."

He pulled back a little to meet her gaze, "Do not stay too long to chat with Warrick. I would have you well rested, Zee before we meet Wallace."
Old 10-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #19
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She smiled, a trace of sadness in her eyes. "I'll try to keep it brief. Go get your own rest, coz. We'll need all our heads clear in the morning."
Old 10-24-2015, 01:59 AM   #20
(Lord) Gavin Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He gave her one final squeeze and kissed her cheek, "Rest well, beloved and if you need me just have someone cone and get me."
Closed Thread

Tags
gavin vellfyre, ziamara fairchild