Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default 4.07.31 (noon) | Breaking B(re)ad | Lucia, Jayme (ask to join)

It was a nice castle... But she was ready to be done with it. And had been ready for at least an entire day... But if they were to stay, she was going to make the most of it. She combed her hair but left it worn down in thick waves with a few pins to keep her hair out of her eyes. Her gown was a deep crimson and over it she wore a black cloak to ward off the chill. After she dressed, she set to packing a basket of breads, cheeses, and a few sweet pastries. She made her way towards the Vellfyre apartments hoping to find Jayme there. With Jason's injury, she figured that they were all kept quite busy, but surely there was time enough for a meal. And when she saw him in the corridor before she even came to the door, she smiled, hoping that assumption was not an incorrect one.

"My lord," she began happily. "I was just coming to find you. I found myself hungry and desired to eat with a friend. You were the first person who came to mind. Would you care to accompany me? There's this nice terrace overlooking the mountains to the West... We might be able to sit there."
Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #2
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Lady Lucia." He looked surprised, and was about to say no to whatever question she was going to ask, but she sounded so happy...he didn't have the heart to say no. "That sounds wonderful. My usual plans for meals involve eating alone, so I would be happy to share a meal with you."
Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Alone? Well... we cannot have that, my lord," she said, coming up beside him and taking his arm. "It's not elaborate... But perhaps when we're in Summerhall, there'll be time enough for that. Just your usual fare... Breads, cheeses, a few sweets... Some wine, of course..." She walked with him, leading him in the direction of the terrace. "I imagine you've been quite busy since the hunt... How is my cousin?"
Old 10-22-2015, 01:58 AM   #4
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I can tell that he does not wish to rest for too much longer...but at least he is. Resting and taking it easy...his injuries were none too serious, it seems." Jayme smiled at her. "How have you been, Lucia? It's been a while since I've had the chance to speak with you..."
Old 10-22-2015, 02:07 AM   #5
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's good to hear," she nodded. "My family has a bad habit of not resting when they ought to..." She returned his smile with a gleeful one. "I've kept busy myself. It is strange being so long separated from Ziamara... I do miss her... And with Lenore not feeling well, I've felt quite lonely for female companionship. And for yours... We just never seem to be free at the same moments. I'm glad we found a moment at last, Jayme."
Old 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #6
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You seem to be quite in good spirits, Lucia...and I know it's not all my doing," he continued to smile. "Do share what has put such a smile on your face...I find myself very curious now."
Old 10-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her smile faltered only a little, blue eyes filling with some confusion. "I... But it is you. Why would you think now that you are not able to make me so happy? There are few people who can... I suppose that might explain it... I don't smile so much these days. I admit that freely... But with you... It is so easily done... I had been thinking of you, and finally seeing you... Yes... you put me in good spirits. This smile is all your doing."
Old 10-22-2015, 11:55 PM   #8
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ah. Then let me apologize...I fear I do not tease all too well. I always sound like I am being serious. I am glad, Lucia, that I am able to make you happy. Forgive me for being an idiot and making you think otherwise..."
Old 10-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #9
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She shook her head and stepped closer, her cheek set against his arm. "You're not an idiot, Jayme... A bit adorable but not an idiot... I like that about you, though. You're not... like the other men here... You're... honest... and real... and you don't say things you don't mean. Never doubt that I'm happy when I'm near you."
Old 10-23-2015, 01:00 AM   #10
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Honesty and loyalty most of the time have no place in court, but I fear you cannot call yourself honorable if you are dishonest and disloyal to those you're sworn to protect..." he kissed the top of her head as they walked. "...I am glad that you don't think me too daft or dull...that wouldn't make for very good company.."
Old 10-23-2015, 10:38 PM   #11
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Some would have that they belong at court more than anywhere else... Chivalry is so highly regarded..." She smiled and settled against him, completely at ease. "I could never think those things about you." She looked up at him and grinned just before they turned onto to the terrace. She set the basket down on a bench and then looked out over the horizon. "Is it not beautiful?" she asked. "You don't see this in Vellesca..." Turning back to look up at him, she got to her toes to plant a kiss to his cheek.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:54 AM   #12
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He gave her a small smile at the press of her lips to his cheek. "Yes..." he went to the railing at the edge of the terrace, placed his hands on it, sighed. "It is. Very lovely. Views like this...sometimes make me miss errantry."
Old 10-24-2015, 01:17 AM   #13
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She let go of his arm and watched as he walked to the railing, her head tilting curiously. "What as it like?" she asked.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #14
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Free. Whenever I wasn't hired by a lord to do service to him, I was on my own. I answered to nothing and to no one, save myself. There is beauty in being out in nature...waking up every day to a sun rise and watching the sun set..." Jayme sighed. "Though it did get lonely. The only companion I had was my horse."
Old 10-24-2015, 01:54 AM   #15
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She walked up beside him, her hand touching his. "That does sound lovely... I... am a bit envious of it. I... must sound so silly to complain about my lot in life... But to be able to answer to nobody... To be free..." She looked out into the distance. "Can you imagine if we'd met under those circumstances...? Not having to answer to anybody... Knowing we could be together..."
Old 10-24-2015, 02:16 AM   #16
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's not silly...but in the end, I always knew I had to come back, to fulfill my duties to my father..." He looked down at her hand covering his. "I try not to imagine, Lucia...it is easier that way. Especially with knowing I cannot have you, that there's lines I cannot cross...I become too tempted when I think those kinds of thoughts."
Old 10-24-2015, 02:19 AM   #17
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She looked back at him. "I don't mean to tempt you, Jayme... It's just... hard for me, too... I've never... been a flirt, you know... And I'm beginning to see why I might have kept myself at a distance... The way I care about you... it feels so wonderful... and it hurts all too much at the same time. I can't help but to imagine it... even though I know I shouldn't."
Old 10-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #18
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm afraid of what I might do if you tempt me too much," he said, and looked out at the horizon. "I'm afraid of how dishonorable I might be...that is how mad you drive me sometimes..." Jayme shook his head, and sighed.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #19
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I know how much your honor means to you. How angry you would be if ever you should do something to dirty it... And so I would never ask you to... I... don't mean to drive you mad, Jayme. I really don't... It's... difficult for me, too... But... I'm not afraid... I know you. I know you'd never lose control. I trust you."
Old 10-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #20
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The fact some nameless entity showed concern still got to him...he'd never do anything to hurt Lucia, and to think that someone had those concerns..."Good." He finally looked at her, and smiled. "I'm glad that I have your trust."
Old 10-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #21
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You know you have more than that," she said, her other hand coming to his arm. Concern showed in her features. "My lord... You're not acting yourself. I sense something is troubling you... I hope... I've not upset you."
Old 10-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #22
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No. Other than my honor being called into question by someone whom chooses not to speak directly to me about their concerns, and instead goes to the prince, Prince Jason." Jayme looked at Lucia again. "That tends to be a common practice here, I assume? I am unused to people bringing concerns about me to people other than me."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #23
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia stood up straighter, concern now mixed with confusion. "What? Somebody would dare? But why?" She stepped closer to drop her voice to a whisper. Though they were alone, she realized this was a conversation not meant to be overheard. "What... are the concerns... Normally that is not the practice... Not as far as I'm aware."
Old 10-29-2015, 01:10 AM   #24
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That I need to know what lines not to cross...and to keep others from crossing them. That is all I know. I don't know who complained, or why..."
Old 10-29-2015, 01:17 AM   #25
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lines to cross? What do you mean? You've ever seemed dutiful... You've never done anything to shame yourself."
Old 11-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #26
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"In regards to you." He looked at her, and frowned. "It is hard to control myself around you, that's true, but I'm not one to force myself onto--I'm not a mindless animal." Jayme sighed. "I'm sorry that I troubled you with this. I shouldn't have. You wanted good company, not depressing company..."
Old 11-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #27
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"T-to... me?" Her eyes widened and she looked around as if waiting for the joke to be sprung. But then she stepped even closer. "What do you mean? Who would accuse... Oh, but you did say you didn't know..." She bit her lip, her hands balling into fists. "That somebody would shame you and me in one breath... We've been behaved... A kiss here and a touch there... Feelings can not be helped... I could no sooner stop feeling for you than I could stop myself from breathing... But you are a good man, and to think..." She took a turn to sigh and then unclenched her hand, lifting it to his shoulder.

"We are friends, Jayme. More... You should never apologize for sharing your troubles... Especially if they're about both of us. You should not have to carry it alone... And I'm sorry if... if I gave any reason for your honor to come into question... If ever it comes to it... I can prove I'm untouched... Even if... I've been tempted, too... It's... hard for me, too... I just... get so lost with you."
Old 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #28
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Friends. Yes." He hated being resigned to such a word, but it was what it was. "Should you ever decide you want to..." Jayme took her hand off his shoulder and lifted it to his lips, brushing a kiss across her knuckles, turning her hand to place a kiss on her palm, all the while his eyes darkening with something he found it rather hard to control. "...I would never force you, sweetling. But I understand discretion. And I would do whatever it took to make sure nothing ever tarnished your name. I want you to know that."
Old 11-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #29
(Lady) Lucia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lucia took a deep, shaky breath... And let his words and tone wash over her... There was something comforting in it... Something... else, too... She couldn't explain what it was, or why she stepped even closer... or why she was reaching up to touch the back of his neck, fingers moving into his hair as she got to her toes. Her lips pressed against his. If there'd been any intention of keeping the kiss chaste, there was no sign of it... There was unmistakable want... and passion. So much passion. Gods... kissing him felt so good, it hurt... Tears formed in her eyes and her kiss became slightly more desperate.

"Jayme..." she said, his name nothing more than an airy whisper. "You're making me love you... I... I want to be with you... I want to..."
Old 11-06-2015, 03:30 AM   #30
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jayme groaned as her lips pressed against his...he moved his lips in time with hers, surprised at the wealth of passion behind her kiss, but matching every nip, every slight move in this dance going on between them. "Lucia..." he rested her forehead against his, and closed his eyes, breathing in her perfume...her flowery scent.

"...I will never force you. And I will never rush you. Sweetling, I don't want to make you love me, or desire me...I wish you to do so of your own free will." His large hands rested on the small of her back. "And I don't wish you to make such a decision in the heat of things. Gods know I want to make love to you...to show you what you truly deserve...but this is not up to me. Please, do not rush any decisions. Promise me."
Closed Thread

Tags
jayme ascalon, lucia vellfyre