Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #151
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

She chuckled, "When we fought, Zanara loved making it a point to throw things, so I always refused to fight in my room. So when one starts, I would start walking out of my chambers and just walk right into hers. Of course, I think she just ended up doing that to replace what she tired of. I think being nimble also helped me to avoid injury. Then when both have the wind blown out of our sails, she would crawl into my bed and we would sleep as if we never fought a day in our life. Although, we are older now and serving in different households. There is a distance that was never there before and I am not sure if it is me or her, but one does end up putting more weight on the other." She shrugged not feeling comfortable to spill her sadness regarding the twins' latest fight.

"That makes sense, however, with how much the Vellfyres and the Solvitreos' imbibe, most would find their wine cellars cleared out trying to entertain us all. No wonder some of the vintages were some of the worst I have tasted. Do you suppose they started with the middling to worst or just started with the worst?" she replied with amusement with no sign of offense as she rolled her ankle.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:19 PM   #152
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"It was not so different, I think. Rollant and I would come to blows, hurt one another, break everything around us... And a few days later, we'd be the best of friends again. Still, I think as we get older, distance is inevitable. People grow. They change. Sometimes they change together... and sometimes not so much."

He chuckled. "I always found it gets worse the longer the stay lasts. So maybe the middling to the worst."
Old 11-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #153
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, I agree. Distance, change, and complexities that were never there when we were younger."

She giggled along, "Of course, by that time, one would hope to be properly smashed so whatever is being imbibed might start tasting good."
Old 11-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #154
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It makes you miss those years..." he said a little distantly.

His laugh was soft and warm. "I don't mind taste so much... After drinking that blue shit..."
Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #155
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Aye," she replied with a sad whisper.

Her eyes widened as she burst out laughing, "Oh gods! Can you still taste things afterwards? Better yet, can you still feel your face? That wretched stuff seems to stay with you days after it should have passed through your system."
Old 11-23-2015, 12:09 PM   #156
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It doesn't so much disturb my ability to taste," he began thoughtfully. "It's more that... it hits you hard and suddenly. With wine and most other manner of drink, you can feel the effects take you slowly... Gradually... And it takes more to do it... With Kartheen... you drink and drink and feel nothing... So then you drink more... and then suddenly you're chasing ghosts and holding a conversation with people who aren't even there. And then you wake... and you're still in that haze... As you said. You've tried it?"
Old 11-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #157
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It was an ugly blue and it tasted like anise? It was not an entirely unpleasant taste from what I recall, although I do not seem to recall enough that night," she said with a gentle frown as if she was trying to access a memory.

"It was a dare and I want to say it was Kartheen, because I do not recall none like it. I was first to go, and I blame my brothers for everything I did that night. If they can be believed," she replied dryly. "I think I ended up drinking three times or was it four times? I embarked on an adventure for a golden feather that was given to me by an old story teller. Well, at the end of the night, I found the golden feather which was just a goose feather and apparently I felt as if several men were tickling me with roses simultaneously even though there was no one there. Then I ended out the evening making out with a tree that would not follow me quietly back to my bed. My brothers lost track of me several times throughout the night. Said we were like herding cats on the stuff...not to say we are not just as difficult when we are sober."
Old 11-23-2015, 12:54 PM   #158
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I try not to taste it when I drink it..." he grinned.

And for everything she said, there was one thing he hung on. "Making out... with a tree?"
Old 11-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #159
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sniffed and pouted, "It was a stout tree and one of my favorites, but I did not know it was a tree at the time!" As she protested, but then chuckled and shook her head. "It could have been worse..."
Old 11-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #160
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I hope it satisfied you as much as you appear to have satisfied it," he laughed. "Did it... not hurt your lips? And... how? How could it possibly have been worse?"
Old 11-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #161
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed too, "Not in the least, I felt very put out." Her head tilted and she sighed, "Not at all. Tag told me that I was kissing it like a virgin might and I was apparently whining because he would not kiss me back."

"It could have been some sort of animal? Swine? or Swan?" As she shuddered. "Swans are vicious creatures! Who knows, I might not have had lips any longer." Then she pulled her lips back as far as they would go as if she lost her lips to prove her point as she made a face and was even able to manage to look forlorn in the process except for the twinkle of amusement in her eyes.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #162
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That is true, I suppose," he said, his eyes moving towards her lips, and they stayed there up until she drew them back. He gave looked at her for a moment longer, and then the corner of his own lips curved higher. "There's a sculpture in Vellesca of a swan and a maiden... My mother has put it out of the way so guests cannot easily find it, but certainly you have seen it?"
Old 11-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #163
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her eyes twinkled to see him smile because of her silliness. Of course, she took that unfortunate moment to take a sip of wine just to have the wine almost come back up, but went down the wrong way as she sputtered and coughed and pressed her hand to her mouth to suppress the laughter and the wine as she waved herself. "Gods that burned," she replied as she finally got it under control.

"Yes, I have seen it before," she managed to say also remembering that she was also the one to have temporarily improved it by giving the maiden a mustache.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #164
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason leaned back, shaking his head. "It helps to swallow," he said, rolling his eyes, though his smile remained fond.

"That swan didn't look ready to take her lips away... They say she was a princess. Captured and admired for her beauty... Forced to pose for the artist until the piece was finished. And then they killed her."
Old 11-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #165
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I always swallow," she coughed back and then just sat and attempted to reset. "I blame the statue...and swans in general."

"Gods, what sort of statement were they attempting to immortalize?" She asked.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #166
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His grin widened playfully then. "Do you?" he asked with an arched brow.

"The statement? The woman was a princess of a conquered kingdom... The swan is a symbol of beauty and enlightenment. The statement is that with the Asseryan conquest, their thoughts and their way of life was being forced... She submitted to the victor... Or you could go with the tale of the gods who transformed into beasts to have their way... That's what they'd tell you now."
Old 11-28-2015, 03:38 AM   #167
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She snickered, "I do indeed...without hesitation...especially when it comes to my liquor." Tyana replied with a smirk, but the amusement danced in her eyes at the double meaning which was not lost on her.

"Hmmm...I think both are still rather heinous stories and sad...and well damn it..there is a swan...and that woman's expression...I put a mustache on her...it improved the piece of art."
Old 11-28-2015, 03:44 AM   #168
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He chuckled but said no more on that.

"Well, if legends and tales are to be believed, that was my ancestor you decorated with a mustache. But I suppose the indignity she suffered at the hands of her captors was far greater than a bit of paint."
Old 11-28-2015, 04:06 AM   #169
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh no, my dear prince, it was not paint! It was a horse hair mustache and quite detachable," she replied with reassurance.
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lanius draven, tyana solvitreo