Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 02:07 AM   #121
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

"Apples can be sweet and tart, but they do not seem to have the juiciness of a pear. I do not mind them, but I would not think they are the same either. I suppose a peach or plum is even juicier, but they have a bit of sour or tart to it."
Old 11-08-2015, 02:15 AM   #122
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"I like plums... but they don't seem to have enough meat... All seed... Like peaches..." He lifted his hand to his hair. "And now... your favorite scent? So we're matched two for two."
Old 11-08-2015, 02:33 AM   #123
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She leaned back in her chair in thought, "So many to choose from. It is amazing how one might take it for granted, but how strong a memory comes back from just smelling in. If I was to pick one, it would be of the sea, fresh and salty after a storm, but low tide smells are the worse! Sandalwood is a good fragrance to smell off of a man."

"Which season do you like most?"
Old 11-08-2015, 03:07 AM   #124
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He did give a charming sort of smile then... But he doubted it seemed such with the bruises and the cut in his hair. "It's what I use in my soap."

His hand came up to touch his cut again. "Autumn," he answered easily. "The best weather of the year and my nameday... It seems an easy enough question. Yours?"
Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #125
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He probably did not realize what a smile like that did to her despite the bruises and the cut of his hair. She averted her eyes a moment and chuckled, "It is a warm and spicy scent, but not overbearing especially found in a soap."

"I will have to agree with you completely on that. Autumn is my favorite, not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy as the landscape starts to turn into other colors before everything eventually being blanketed in white. All right, ask a question, any one you wish to know the answer to."
Old 11-08-2015, 11:48 PM   #126
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm not so good at games like these," he said gently. "Asking questions and all... Perhaps you could just tell me of your childhood. What it was like... How you got on with your siblings... what you miss the most?"
Old 11-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #127
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I beg to different. You are very capable of asking questions, my prince," she stated with a smile as she settled down once more. "I think since I was old enough to walk I was always a few running steps ahead of my caretakers," Tyana started. "I say caretakers, because when one burned out, the other that was resting would take her place. I have always had a lot of energy and curiosity along with a sense of adventure especially when the world which was just Tal Solarii needed to be explored. My favorite game was hide and seek and most of the time, people that played could never find me unless I wished it."

"I got along best with Zanara and we were always thick as thieves even though we would probably fight as much as any one else. Her role was to be the quiet one and I was the loud one. I would be the worthy distraction and she managed to get away with finding the desserts that mother and grandmary were hiding from her along with other schemes that we may have hatched as we grew older.

Tag would grump about when we laugh and tease him about his latest poem, scowl if we can re-work it to make it sound better, but he always liked to swing me up into the air and I knew he would catch me. I always felt as if I could fly when he did it. Jayr not so much. He was fun to argue with and then it would really set him off when we started to mimic him until he came after us. He was the best at making us squeal with fright and have deemed him the imaginary monster that Tag or I would save Zanara and Alodie from. Of course, that would make Alodie cry and bit, scream and kick until she turned brat and we all vote that she needed to be tied up and muffled just before we tickle her until she...uhm...peed herself. And well, then there is Bel, who is the eldest daughter...she was and is grandmary's favorite. Never had time to play with the rest of us because she was always beside grandmary."

"What do I miss the most? All of them, all of what we were when we were younger working as one to give our elders headaches or right before they need to punish us. We tend to grow apart, live our lives as time, distance and experience change us all for better or worse. I cannot wait until we are back in Tal Solarii, but those memories of the past will just be memories and they would have changed even if it were a little bit." The last said a bit sadly as she then quipped, "Of course, Tag's poetry will probably still be pretty terrible so there is one constant." Which caused her to grin as she looked back at Jason.

"I always feared a tiny confined space, but I was able to climb and walk some of the highest points in Tal Solarii without any fear. What did you fear as a child and is it still the same fear now that you are a man?"
Old 11-10-2015, 01:16 AM   #128
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She spoke much, and in response, all he could do was listen and smile. It was always nice to hear such tales of sibling closeness... It reminded him of his own childhood in some respects. It also reminded him of how deeply he missed his brothers.

"It is difficult to say what my fear was," Jason told her, his smile faltering once more. "I've sworn to myself never to speak it out loud... but when I was a child, thoughts of it kept me awake... And now that I'm older... No. I no longer fear it. At least not in the same way. I've been through much now... There are other things to be afraid of."
Old 11-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #129
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, I would imagine so," she replied gently. "Tag and Jayr were also different when they returned. They adjusted differently and we could not understand what they endured, what they saw and experienced. We were just happy to have them back, but war seemed to harden them, change them...not sure for better or worse."
Old 11-11-2015, 01:24 AM   #130
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Trust me... if it is anything like what I've seen... they aren't so sure either. But... what can be done but learn to adjust? We are home now. We at least get a chance to try. Not everybody was so fortunate."
Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #131
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She nodded sadly, "Yes, there were many who were lost, but we honor them by remembering them and smiling when a memory is recalled."

Then she looked at him just before giving him a smirk abruptly changing the subject knowing it will get too depressing and she was supposed to be here to cheer him up with distraction, "Are you ticklish?" The question game commences.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:59 AM   #132
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded slowly, but her next question had his eyes perking back up, looking at her curiously. "No...? Are you?"
Old 11-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #133
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She averted her gaze for a moment and blushed, "Ah, why yes, but it is a rather peculiar place and not the more conventional ones so luckily, my brothers could not tickle me silly. However, Alodie is very ticklish. You look at her the wrong way and she falls over in a fit of giggles and tears. I think that is why she gets so grouchy and loud at times."

Tyana cleared her throat to ask another question, "I have never been to Moonspire, and yes, there is Fairgrove which is where we would summer when it got too hot in Tal Solarii, but what do you look forward to when we all arrive in Tal Solarii?"
Old 11-13-2015, 12:21 AM   #134
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My sister is like yours," Jason said. Though he could not quite hide his curiosity when she confessed her own ticklishness. Still... he figured to press her further might make her feel uncomfortable.

"I suppose I'm most looking forward to exploring it with my wife. I've not been there in some years... And she speaks so well of it."
Old 11-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #135
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She caught the curiosity that he displayed, but did not give in so easily with the information. If he wished to know, he would need to ask.

"It will be quite the adventure especially with your wife as guide," she replied happily. "I shared a bit of my childhood. What is your funniest childhood memory?" She asked another question.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:26 AM   #136
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Funniest? I may have shared one already... Though, there was this time we put armor on the dogs... Or the time we threw Elijah's journal on the roof of the stables... and then when he climbed up to get it, we removed the ladder and left him up there. My uncle was furious, but... it was amusing before then."
Old 11-14-2015, 12:45 AM   #137
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh my goodness! Those poor dogs, did they wear it proudly?" She asked with glee, a bright smile appearing as amusement danced in her eyes. "Poor Elijah, I suppose others might have just read his journal out loud while he attempted to retrieve it. Is it rather interesting how amusing something is right up until an elder puts it all into perspective?"
Old 11-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #138
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"For the most part," he smirked. "I wouldn't have read his journal out loud... My sister's might have heard what he had to say, and they were far too young to be exposed to such lewdness."
Old 11-14-2015, 01:08 AM   #139
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed gaily and shook her head, "A good idea, it is probably not the best to corrupt your sisters when they are still so young." Then she paused and met his gaze with surprise and more laughter, "So that means you have read it! Did he find a clever way to retaliate after such a spectacle or did it all just end with your uncle being furious and doling out punishment for the unrest?"
Old 11-14-2015, 01:19 AM   #140
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Elijah and I have spent our entire lives getting back at one another," he chuckled. "But we've spent the same amount of time helping the other. I have long counted him as a brother... and I look forward to the day when it is made true. As for that journal... yes, I've read it... Which is why I do urge you to speak with him when next he is at court. He has quite the ear for song and poetry... And you will be awed by his singing."
Old 11-14-2015, 02:16 AM   #141
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She gave him a skeptical look as she prodded with a light-hearted tone, "You will have me embarrass him when I ask and use me to torment him further, yes?"
Old 11-14-2015, 11:14 PM   #142
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"He will only feign it... He does so love showing off... Though he will tell you otherwise. I think part of him fears the court learning he is so good with poetry and song... They may think him less a knight... Or so he says."
Old 11-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #143
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If the circumstance ever presented itself I shall be sure to ask," she replied with a chuckle. "And I would never doubt the man's ability as a knight especially seeing his skill during the tourney. Being good at poetry and song is just an additional bonus that would just have the ladies swooning."
Old 11-16-2015, 01:03 AM   #144
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Vaughn's never had a shortage of ladies swooning after him... But he's only ever had eyes for one of them."
Old 11-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #145
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would imagine that is Princess Ziamara? It is not really a secret with how many people gossip about it even when I am the last to actually hear or see anything for myself. He must feel fortunate to be betrothed to the one person that he has eyes for."
Old 11-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #146
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose that depends on the day... We Vellfyres are not an easy bunch to love. I'm told we're boorish when we're angry... And stubborn as mules."
Old 11-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #147
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She chuckled with amusement and then countered with a raised brow, "And how are Solvitreos described? We get just as hot-blooded, ostentatious, impulsive and stubborn as well...except for my father...most times."
Old 11-18-2015, 12:56 AM   #148
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have heard that," he chuckled. "But I've never myself seen it. Except perhaps in my own cousins."
Old 11-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #149
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The things we put our own family through, yes?" She said with amusement. "I think towers would topple over and mountains would flatten into hills after one of my fights with my sister."

She looked down at her wine and swirled it a little, "I have been drinking a lot more wine, but I wish it were brandy. I should have brought you a bottle like I did for Ser Kain when he was ill from that hail storm, but I tend to be picky about my brandy especially what I offer out as gifts. My favorite is a blood red orange brandy, sweet but not syrupy and just body warming. It makes my toes curl," she replied as her eyes closed for a moment with a soft smile just before she shuddered and opened her eyes in delight.

"Sadly, my supplies of almost everything noteworthy is starting to suffer and Mirrormount is limited to more practical trade," she replied minus her mention that she has restocked her own supply of snow wine.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:41 PM   #150
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It was not so different when Rollant and I fought... There were times my father had to actually keep us separated in terms of different wings of Vellesca... We weren't allowed to see one another for two weeks at one point because we'd destroyed some expensive furniture. It was a good time..." he said as an afterthought.

"I've learned not to be too particular with alcohol. Up North... we were just glad when there was enough to go around."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lanius draven, tyana solvitreo