Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #61
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

"I sense it will end poorly for him and if he has not learned anything as time passes he deserves everything he gets, but I will feel bad for Princess Alianor for losing a child. Even if he is the way he is, he is still her child." She took a drink and turned the cup in her hands.

"Yes, but some are just better at hiding it while others choose not to either because they do not care or they are attempting to make a statement. I can only hope my father knows his daughters well though to arrange lucrative and lasting contracts," she said with a sigh.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:17 PM   #62
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"My aunt is a good woman. Smart, shrewd... I hope that my cousin my yet show he's taken some of that... Perhaps it was his want for Lenore to love him that made him so dumb and foolish... Maybe he might surprise us all..." He shrugged, speaking as if he didn't expect it.

"I think Lord Solvitreo will do just that. He's also smart... Extremely so."
Old 10-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #63
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She doubted the change as well, but kept it to herself, "Love...it often addles a mind does it not? Make you do things that you would never consider doing, complicates situations and allows people to manipulate, control you, and even abuse you, but it is supposed to be such a great unseen force."

A grin appeared, "smart, and artful. I aspire to be more like my father, but naturally fall into more familiar behavior."
Old 10-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #64
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It's... terrifying for those reasons... You realize that they have this power over you... But if you love the right person, they'll never seek to abuse that power... And if ever they do... they will make it right... It's scary to love somebody... But it's so wonderful, too."

He grinned and shook his head. "You're smarter than you think you are, Tyana."
Old 10-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #65
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have loved someone once and thought he loved me, but it was a farce. My first and I was so naive and well it did not end well, I have not gotten to the wonderful part just fell in love long enough to be humiliated. It is scary indeed and I never wish to experience it ever again. However, I consider trust, friendship and respecting people more valuable than love and a lot less empty and one-sided, but probably just as painful when betrayed."

"Do not say that aloud, you will ruin my reputation," she quipped as she looked about to make sure it was just their secret.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:52 PM   #66
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"As have I," Jason said. "I've not loved many times... Enough to know that when it is not returned, it is a hurt that cannot be described. I have also been humiliated by love... And made to feel like I could not trust it... But it's not something you choose to fall in or out of... It just... happens... Still... friendship is valuable. But is it not just another form of love?"

He chuckled. "My apologies. I will keep that between us."
Old 10-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #67
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps, but friendship is for both men and women and even different than love for your kin," she replied. "Then perhaps I have not loved anyone since, but I do have those I can call friend and not want to sleep with them, but I suppose I do have friends that do not mind sleeping with me as well. Mutually beneficial and discreet..."

She grinned, "It is a secret because when I do something irrational and unintelligent I could be matched by the presumed standard and not the real one. You know low expectations and all."
Old 10-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #68
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He gave her a strange look, but he was not sure what to say to it. At least... some of it. "I... never much saw the point in putting so much on sleeping with somebody... Friendship surely means more than that..."

He reached up with his 'good' hand, though it was bandaged still, and he scratched his cheek with a single finger. "I suppose I don't understand that either... To want people to think less of you than you are..."
Old 10-25-2015, 12:46 AM   #69
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Frankly, I see it separately and can coexist or stand apart from each other," she added wondering if she muddled something up in her mind. Then to give off an air of nonchalance, Tyana shrugged and finished her wine to pour another cup.

"Ahh, well people do it all the time. Women acting dumb or dull for a man that they are attracted to or a man acting like someone he is not to impress a woman. Women trying to mold themselves into what they aren't for friends, family and strangers. I could go on. I do it to ga in the element of surprise. That and when someone calls me an imbecile, they are not far off while I know the truth and not bothering to fix any misconceptions already made about me."
Old 10-25-2015, 01:03 AM   #70
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And how well does that work?" he asked. "Acting like somebody you're not? What happens when the other person sees right through it... Besides... if a woman is dumb enough to act dumb just to get the attention of a man... then maybe she's not acting so much..." He shrugged. "I can see the value in being underestimated, I guess."
Old 10-25-2015, 01:08 AM   #71
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She chuckled, "Well I would not know abut acting like someone else. I like remaining true to myself. I hear anything else will only unbalance the humors. However, I am guilty of being underestimated, and undervalued. Of course, now I will have the element of surprise if there is ever a need for it."
Old 10-25-2015, 01:23 AM   #72
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You speak often of that... An element of surprise. What do you mean?"
Old 10-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #73
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And if I say there will be no surprise," she said with a smirk. "Besides, I thought men liked a woman of mystery?"
Old 10-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #74
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"They like some elements of it... They like things they can figure out... But when it starts to confuse them... And when they get the sense somebody is confusing them on purpose... they tend to lose interest. A woman of surprise and mystery is a woman with something to hide... And a woman with something to hide... is a woman you cannot trust."
Old 10-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #75
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana grinned, but then she sighed and shook her head, "And they said women were complicated creatures. I think I have proven time and time again that I rather fail at hiding things ever if it is to get away from doing something terrible. To prove it one step further, ask me anything and I shall answer it with honesty...just for you."

Another thought popped into her mind causing her to lose her smile completely, "There are still too many days between here and Tal Solarii. I often feel as if I am stuck between two thoughts. Like, I want to be in Tal Solarii just to get things over with, but I want to run away to avoid punishment entirely. I know who I am and what I would do, but the other option often tempts me as well. Then there is that transformation from child to woman that I am not ready to let go completely. At times, I feel like being mischievous, but acting upon it may be considered childish and I am not ready to ignore that side of me."

She looked at Jason for a moment and the smile returned, "I hope I am not causing your head to ache as well as what pains you are currently enduring with your accident."
Old 10-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #76
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've never doubted your honesty, Tyana," he said with sincerity. "I did not think you meant, even once, that you were one to pretend to be somebody you weren't. It's the mystery, I think that threw me... And I think... that explains much of it."

He moved a little, closer to the edge of the seat and he stretched his leg out. The breeches he wore were old, so he'd not minded so much when Draven cut them up to his knee. He wore socks to keep his feet from being too cold, but his leg, for the most part, was bare from ankle to knee... From beneath his sock, the bandages peeked out at the top... There were superficial cuts and bruises along his shin and calf with the color darkening just beneath the bandages that wrapped around his knee. It was this he seemed most focused on, and he bent to get a finger beneath them to scratch, wincing a little as his ribs ached.

"There will always be... temptation..." he said, his breath hitching a little from the discomfort. "You... don't have to let go of it completely... Growing up does not mean laying who you were before to rest... It just means knowing your timing better... When to act responsibly... and when you can be more at ease... For us... it is a delicate balance... Vellfyres and Solvitreos are always watched more closely... But once you learn it... it's not so difficult."

He shook his head. "There is no ache beyond my injury," he said, lifting his hand from his knee to touch the stitches at his temple. "Apparently... my head took quite the blow..."
Old 10-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #77
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have always believed a little mystery tend to keep things interesting not a claim at being dishonest," his words pleased her and she gave a small smile as she settled in her seat once more.

Keen eyes glanced over him, but she held her tongue at least having learned that it was not her place to fawn over him. She listened to his words and it all made sense, but it was the most difficult hurdle to overcome. Someday, she was determined to practice and have learned at least something each day that she remained at court.

There was relief as he reassured her, but then concern that his head took a hard blow nothing his stitches. "I am just glad that you are recovering and that your injuries were not worse." She nibbled on her lower lip hesitating with a thought that was bothering her, but wondering if Jason was the one to ask for advice. "I am going to present a hypothetical..."

"If you were in a situation where you took action that might be looked upon unfavorably by your father, but a benefactor stated that he would attempt to step in upon the condition that you remained out of trouble. However, what if you know that upon entering a city, there is potential trouble that could occur like...say that you might want to set someone on fire with how passionately you hate and despise this person? I mean I could not or would not, but he has it coming to him...uh...what would you do?" She asked ending her hypothetical sounding as if she were about to start babbling.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #78
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I suppose it depends on the mystery."

He listened closely and gave her a strange look, a blond brow lifting slowly. "That's an awfully specific hypothetical... But assuming we're still speaking to that and not to something that's actually happening... I think setting a person on fire speaks to a very heinous crime. Has this person committed an actual crime that merits such a terrible death? I'm not sure if you've ever been burned, my lady... But I have... I've had fire held to my skin... I've had to endure the stench of my own flesh melting away... And though we speak in hypotheticals... it is not a matter I take lightly... So, I would advise that unless this man merits it by law and not by sentiment... to let it go. Especially if this person you speak of us in trouble already."
Old 10-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #79
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana sat there staring out the window and felt lost, hurt and festering wounds having re-opened. She was stupid for having said anything, but if she did not there was a chance she would have acted first.

A gentle nod, but her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she looked back at Jason, "I will tell her so and she will listen to me, I think." Then offered a brave smile and cleared her throat. "She is a silly girl often prone to theatrics so I would not imagine that we will get any trouble from her."

"She still hurts, even though she hates him. Even though, she knows his true nature now. It should not hurt anymore if you hate someone, but she was foolish to trust him, to love him."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #80
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I am glad to hear that," Jason said gently. "That she will listen... I know heart ache... It feels like the worst thing in the world... But there is value in the hurt. If you allow yourself to learn from it."
Old 10-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #81
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Never to love? Yes, I think she has learned her lesson well. Expect to be hurt and never let your guard down. Always protect yourself."
Old 10-28-2015, 11:31 PM   #82
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well... no. That's stupid... And unrealistic... This woman sounds young... And young love often feels potent, but it is superficial... We take for granted that we should always have it, but that's not how it works... It's not a choice you make. And to think closing your heart off protects it? I pity your friend... She seems poised to lead a lonely life."
Old 10-28-2015, 11:48 PM   #83
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps, but she is still growing, figuring out how best to fit into such a life, but like every noblewoman, she will wed and bear children. Who knows what the future holds for her or any of us, but she has friends and lovers to keep her company I would imagine," Tyana replied with a shrug.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:54 PM   #84
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Another arched brow. "That is not necessarily the fate of every noblewoman. It is as you said... The future is never clear. But I do hope she finds that place... I hope she lets go of her bitterness. She seems like a sweet girl."
Old 10-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #85
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes, the future is never clear, maybe she will find a way to let go of the bitterness, my prince, I think I will feel better and rest easier when it has happened," she admitted still playing it off as if this girl was not her.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #86
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She has to want to, first... If she's content to hold on and be angry... it will never change."
Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 AM   #87
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"So you have surmised that she has anger issues?" Tyana asked with a bit of surprise. "I felt as if she just had no idea who to trust."
Old 10-29-2015, 12:57 AM   #88
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There's a difference between not easily giving trust and readily harboring anger... One is smart... The other is destructive."
Old 10-29-2015, 01:13 AM   #89
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She sighed, "The girl is an enigma then. Complicated and stuck between two states of mind. How could we make a girl like that while again?"
Old 10-29-2015, 01:18 AM   #90
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Not an enigma. Simply... young. She will grow. She will learn if she allows herself to. And she will figure it out. That's part of growing up."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lanius draven, tyana solvitreo