Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 02:06 AM   #1
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default 4.7.31 | Rest Thy Head, Weary Soldier | Late Morning, Jason [Closed]

With all of the people that entered and left Jason's chambers after the accident, Tyana decided to bide her time before going to see him. She did not go too early in case he needed more rest, but not too late when her duties would start after a late night of feasting.

She brought chocolates, leftover honeyed pastries stuffed with spices, nuts, dates and laced with poppies and her lute. As soon as she left, the two guards assigned to her followed her to Jason's chamber. She knocked hoping to find him awake and awaited to be announced hoping he was up for another visitor.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

Thus the second day of confinement to his bed had begun... And he was about tired of it. After insisting heartily that his foot and ankle were not broken, Draven finally concluded the swelling was gone enough for a proper examination. The ankle was a sick shade of blue still, and Jason was sure that Lanius was intentionally being rougher than absolutely necessary as payback for all the snapping he'd been doing... But after a few careful moments of making sure everything was where it needed to be, he gave a satisfied nod. "No break, your highness. Not as far as I can tell... and not to brag, or anything, I'm pretty good at telling such things..."

Jason nodded, too relieved to roll his eyes and grateful that Varric, at least, had more consideration for him as he gently put the sock back on his foot. "Does that mean I can move about now?"

"I would ask you give it more rest... It is still an injury, prince... Just not as bad as I feared. You really ought not bear weight until more of your natural color returns... To say nothing of the bruising along your sides... And with your head... You could collapse if you exert yourself and suffer even more injury..."

"Surely the prince can make it to the chair at least?" Varric interceded. And then immediately regretted it when Draven cast his sharp, unforgiving glare at him.

"I suppose... that would be fine... IF you help him... I am serious, your highness. No being bold..."

"Your highness," Henrique began, knocking on the frame of the door. "Lady Tyana Solvitreo is requesting an audience. Should I tell her we'll send for her after the examination?"

"We're finished," Lanius told him.

"Send her in," Jason nodded, already sitting up a bit more, reaching out for Varric so the boy could help him to the chair.

Henrique bowed lightly and then walked with Lanius towards the door. "Keep a careful eye on him... You know how the prince likes to... challenge himself..." Henrique nodded and opened the door to let Draven out. The magister looked down at Tyana as he exited and gave her a nod as a greeting. "Good day, my lady," he said politely before starting down the corridor.

"My lady," the prince will see you now, Henrique said, standing aside to let her in.

Jason had just made it to the chair, grateful to not be in that blasted bed, and he looked up as Tyana was announced and gave her a tired sort of smile. "Forgive me for not rising to meet you, my lady. I've only just sat down. Please... sit," he said, gesturing to the chair across from him that helped to frame the window of his chamber.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You as well, magister," she replied with a smile before watching Lanius leaving down the hall. Her eyes meet Henrique's as he informed her that the prince was ready to see her and she nodded hiding her relief.

A curtsey was given and a brilliant smile, "Good morning, my prince." She shook her head and reassured him, "No need to apologize. Recuperation takes precedence over propriety."

The chocolate, poppy laced candy and lute were all left on an empty chair and she took the other one adjacent that he indicated to, "I brought chocolate, candies and my lute if you needed something to listen to while you relaxed. I figured you would be bored out of your mind while locked in your chambers."
Old 10-18-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Bored isn't the word," he said, adjusting his arm still in its sling. "Boredom is easily handled on its own... It's not being able to move... Believe it or not, I had to fight even to move from the bed to this chair... They think I cannot walk on a bruised ankle... Ridiculous, is it not? And the arm does not need to be in this sling anymore... But I'm not a magister... so they don't listen to me..."
Old 10-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well...you could walk on a bruised ankle, but it would be rather painful and might make you susceptible to further injury without assistance especially if you fall," she said meekly. "Best to heed the magister for a fast recovery. We were all worried when we heard about the hunting accident, my prince. I am glad Magister Draven allowed you out of bed today. It is a good sign."
Old 10-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I've walked on a broken one... Could it be more painful than that?" he asked. Still, he relaxed and gave her a grateful sort of smile. "Thank you, my lady... I am sorry to have caused so much worry."
Old 10-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #7
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She fell silent a gentle frown of contemplation appearing for a moment, "I think it depends solely upon the break, but is it not curious how a wound that is festering always seem to feel worse or maybe it is the person that ail?"

"Which hurts more, the pain of that break or the bruising?" Her tone switching to curiosity.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason thought about it for a moment and then shrugged his right shoulder. "I... am not sure... The break was accompanied by many other injuries... So it did not seem so bad... Same as this, I guess... Pain is pain... It does not bother me so much either way... Except the ribs... Makes breathing a little harder."
Old 10-18-2015, 10:39 PM   #9
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She nodded and then smiled, "Yes, apparently breathing is essential...and some say pain is just a reminder that you are still alive."

"Is there anything I can do to distract you from the pain?" She asked with concern.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason shook his head. "I can live with the pain. It's not so bad... More a nuisance than anything... But my lady is kind to offer. I'm happy enough to just visit with you. What have you been up to, Lady Tyana?"
Old 10-18-2015, 11:29 PM   #11
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Absolutely nothing," she said with honesty. "If I avoid any trouble for the remainder of the trip the king said he would step in on my behalf with my father." The girl actually sounded a bit proud that she managed almost seven days without one mishap.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:17 AM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Did he?" Jason asked, surprised to hear it. "That's good news then, my lady. How did he come to say that?"
Old 10-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #13
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She grinned, "Your advice actually, my prince. I went to talk to him and apologized for my disobedience. Then a deal was sort of struck."
Old 10-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He returned her smile. "That's wonderful. I am glad my advice served you well. I'd have felt terribly guilty if it hadn't."
Old 10-19-2015, 12:48 AM   #15
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I have a knack for proper apologizes as well," she added but did not include that in the end she ended up doing what the king wanted.

"And I would not be so uncouth to tell you if your advice failed me if only to save you the guilt," she countered.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:02 AM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's very kind of you," he chuckled. "I admit... I did think you'd wait a bit longer before seeking an audience with him."
Old 10-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #17
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana crossed an arm across her chest as the opposite elbow rested upon the arm just for a finger to rest upon her cheek for but a moment until she realized what she was doing just to place her hands down to rest on her lap. "Well, it was quite strategic, my prince," she answered matter-of-factly.

"I wished to give him a few days passed Delving and the storm, but I did not wish to wait too long and who knows what sort of new concerns Mirrormount would shed light upon that could quickly sour the king's mood," she explained what was deliberated before making her move. "So now, I just have to fight out how to stay out of trouble and mischief until we get to Tal Solarii," she concluded with a soft sigh.

"So I have been considering a few distractions and I would accept any you suggest as well," she added.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Was it?" Jason asked, tilting his head, wincing a little. "Very well though out, my lady. I'm certain you'll manage it. It seems a long time before we'll be in Solarii, but it will be before you know it."

He smiled softly. "Reading always worked for me."
Old 10-19-2015, 11:17 PM   #19
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her brows rose in interest before she asked, "what sort of topics manage to pique your interest?"
Old 10-19-2015, 11:24 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The sort my wife hates to listen to," he chuckled. "Though... she claims to enjoy the sound of my voice enough for it not to matter... Military tactics, history... But of late, I've been reading more... fanciful tales... More for her than for myself..."
Old 10-20-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She giggled, "military tactics and history seems to be in every man's interest, but far away from capturing the interest of a young wife's."

"Do you read them to her so she could hear the sound of your voice? Or just read them to try to understand a young woman's mind who tends to like filling it with the fanciful?"
Old 10-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #22
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Who knows... I may make a military tactician of her yet," he chuckled.

"I read them because she enjoys them... And because it's only fair considering she's been made to sit through my books... She is easily distracted if she's not interested in the story..." Not that Jason always minded the shape that distraction took.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #23
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She giggled, "You could read them until she falls asleep and then read some more. Maybe she might learn something more while she sleeps."

"A lovely balance, my prince," she replied. "Already a great tactician when it comes to married life. I hope to be so lucky that my husband will be as clever as you."

"I am glad to see that you are doing well and I would imagine the court is breathing much easier now that you are on the mend. Have you been resting better?" She asked with concern.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #24
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He smirked, tilting his head. "That or she'll have some very interesting dreams."

Nodding, he reached up to start rubbing his shoulder and said, "I hope more than clever that you have a kind husband."

His smile faded slightly then, and he looked towards the window. "They're not giving me much of a choice. Draven's set to giving me this foul tasting sleeping concoction."
Old 10-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #25
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Now I shall imagine her suddenly barking out an order based upon one of your military tactics books. It shall be a wonderful day if you have found a new form of learning."

"Kind and patient, someone I could work with instead of against," she added eyeing his motion at trying to rub his shoulder. "If your shoulder is stiff, I can massage some heat into it to ease the discomfort," she offered. "Unless it is just an itch that you are attempting to scratch, but I might even be inclined to help by your leave of course."

The amusement faded when his smile did and she studied his profile for the moment. She knew about the nightmares and that whatever happened caused Parissa to get hurt. There was a claim that she hit the floor, but the injury did not look as if she hit something, it looked more like she got struck.

"And is it helping?" She asked, quietly studying him.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #26
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Don't misunderstand... Parissa is more than capable of learning it all without having slept. I half suspect it will not be long before she fancies herself a military expert... Wouldn't that be something... A warrior prince... and a warrior princess... I wonder if she'll soon be asking me to train her with swords... If we can find one she could lift," he chuckled.

He looked at her and smiled. "I do not know that is a good idea... Draven is very particular about who provides care when I'm injured. Says something about undoing all of his work."

He lowered his hand to his lap and nodded. "Yes."
Old 10-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #27
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Maybe she could stick to knives, but she already wields that bow fiercely, no one would be safe if she learns how to fight with a knife," she said with amusement.

"Only you and I are here and I would not tell a soul as long as you do not," she said rather impishly not having entangled herself with anything remotely mischievous, but figuring he would say no was ready to drop the subject.

"It will not be for too long, but perhaps the answer is not trying to force yourself to stay awake, but to get enough when it is needed to ensure that it does not weaken you to the point of...what happened to you a few days ago," she looked at him squarely. "I would assume the way you looked since Delving only devolved into something worse and the accident was the result of it?"

A frown appeared and she tried for something more neutral so she did not sound as if she cared too much, "Even if I say, please be more careful, I know you will do what you must to survive. Even if I say, that there are many that would hurt if you were killed, it is not only because you are the Crown Prince, but because you are you. I would imagine that your ears have been chewed off by practically everyone and I hate to add to your burden, but even though we have decided to be friends, I would not be a good friend if I said nothing."
Old 10-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #28
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"At least she will be," he pointed out.

He chuckled but shook his head. "It is probably better not to. He says it's sensitive right now... That overstrain or even touching it the wrong way might make it pop loose again. It's not... the most pleasant feeling when that happens..."

His smile vanished and he looked intently at something just over the horizon. "You think... this happened because I was weak?" he asked.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #29
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana nodded at his reluctance and smiled mainly not wanting Lanius to throw a fit. "If it continues to ail you, let me know and we can call Magister Draven to ease the discomfort."

"Weak is never a word I would use to describe you, Jason. Is that why you push yourself so hard because you believe that if you do not people would see you as weak?"
Old 10-22-2015, 10:18 PM   #30
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He nodded and only gave a nod to show he would.

"Push myself? I don't know what you are referring to, my lady. The accident was just that. An accident. I lunged too far with the spear and the boar took me with him... It was a stupid mistake... But that's all it was... As for the rest... I'm sure I don't know what you mean..."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, lanius draven, tyana solvitreo