Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
(Lady) Melantha Solvitreo Vellfyre
demoted to extra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Default 4.06 evening - One duty remains - Melantha/Jason (ask to join)

Fretting that it was too late at night to speak with Jason, she made the request anyway, standing outside his door. There was no other word for it; Melantha was drained, every part of her weak. Her arm ached, her head throbbed....inside, she felt as if she had been hollowed, everything of import scoured away to leave emptiness.

But she was still who she was....Jason was kin, one she had watched grow and still cared for. She had promised her beloved Zee that she would look after him, and in this, she had also failed. Perhaps she could reassure herself that one young person here would be alright, and hopefully did not detest her.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

He was surprised at the announcement, but he did not hesitate to wave Varric to let her in. Propped up still on the cushions as he was, he did not have to adjust his posture as she was shown into the chamber before him, and he offered her a small smile. "Good evening, my lady aunt," he said. Though technically not his aunt, she was a Vellfyre and his father had raised them to call Keegan and Kadreth uncle, so it stood to reason he should extend the same courtesy to Keegan's wife. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"
Old 10-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #3
demoted to extra

"You owe me nothing, my dear nephew," Melantha answered, with a wan, worried smile as she was gestured into a seat near him. "Least of all now. I came to see how you were doing. I may still worry, from time to time."
Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His smile grew somewhat, and his eyes followed her as she moved towards the chair. "I am well for one who was dragged by a horse... I've had worse and will recover soon, I suspect..." He tilted his head and caught the worry in her expression. "What troubles you, aunt? You need not worry so over me. Draven is encouraged by my progress... Which you would well know... So this is something else?"
Old 10-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
demoted to extra

Melantha had to smile, faintly amused. "Are you suggesting your beloved aunt has eyes and ears everywhere, or just that she would interrogate poor Draven if she had half the opportunity?" She reached over and patted his arm. "Probably a bit of both. But I am worried about you all the same. We've all lacked the god's grace this trip, have we not? Your father is likely beside himself with rage that you prove to be mortal." Her smile dimmed slightly. "And my own children are proving that many times over, as if I was not already aware of it."
Old 10-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"That's just it... My father, I've been told, went on a rampage of sorts after my fall... I assume he's quieted some now that he's been assured Myles will not inherit a crown after he passes... Which is a sign in and of itself that Draven has said all is mostly well..." He smiled at her before lifting his good arm to brush through his hair. "Everybody suffers from bad luck... Particularly on this trip... But we've not had the worst... We all still breathe. There's still many blessings we may yet count."
Old 11-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #7
demoted to extra

"Are there?" Melantha smiled at him, kindly. "Perhaps I am in too poor a mood to recognize mine own blessings. Tell me, Jason, of your blessings right now. Are things progressing well with your princess?" Her smile widened a little. "A blind woman could see that you have more feelings toward her than just duty, as of late."
Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #8
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My blessings? I am alive. Many of those I love and care about are also..." He tilted his head to look at her. "And there is that, too."
Old 11-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #9
demoted to extra

"Oh, so you admit it?" Melantha chuckled slightly. "I am glad for you, although sometimes I think it's a much harder path when you love your wife. They have that much more power to hurt you. And your lady wife is a good woman, but she has much learning ahead of her, wouldn't you say?"
Old 11-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #10
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"We all of us have much to learn," he said. "I see no problem in admitting that I care deeply for her... Not all men run from their feelings." Even if it had taken him a long while to stop running.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
demoted to extra

"There is no problem in that at all," Melantha answered. "More men could stand to learn from you." Her smile was briefly teasing. "Including how to sit a horse. But they say the ground is the most effective teacher."

A bit more seriously, she continued, "I imagine it has been harder for you without your sister here to offer wisdom. She has always been a good advisor."
Old 11-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #12
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He gave her the oddest of looks then. "Is that meant to be a joke?" he asked seriously. "I was pulled from my horse... I did not fall."

He looked away, towards the window. "I do not need to speak it out loud for it to be known... I miss her and always wish her near."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:05 PM   #13
demoted to extra

"Yes, beloved, it was a joke." Her eyes were dark, and....sad? But she smiled still. "I know what happened. Or, at least I know what Draven told me under duress."

She placed a hand over his as he spoke of Zee. "She is most resilient," she commented, gently. "But I worry as well. I hope once we reach Southshores, news will await us."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:15 PM   #14
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I... realize... But there's been enough comments that weren't... made in jest."

Jason's eyes darkened. "I hope that, too. I fear what I might do if there's nothing..."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #15
demoted to extra

"Oh." Melantha cringed; it had been thoughtless. "Forgive me. Yes, a jest only."

She kept her tone encouraging when she spoke of Zee. "If there is nothing, you'll have counsel with your father, and your uncle, and you'll listen," she said, gently. "Use their wisdom while you have it, as you won't always."
Old 11-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #16
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I apologize... I know you meant no harm in it..."

He continued to frown and his eyes did not look away from the window. "Will I?"
Old 11-07-2015, 10:45 PM   #17
demoted to extra

Melantha squeezed his hand. "Jason, look at me." It was both a request and a demand. "Zee would be the first to tell you to think about the kingdom before her. You would be the first to soundly ignore that advice," she added, "but you will think of both if that comes to pass. Use the combined might of our family to help both."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:25 PM   #18
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason did look at her. But not really. "I've lost both of my older brothers... I will not lose a sister..."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #19
demoted to extra

"Your father and your uncle would move heaven and earth to keep that from happening." She tried to bring him to bear with sheer affection, willed through the grip on his hand. "And the rest of us, not just your family but your people.....to lose you would be to lose not just a ruler, but lose hope. The Vellfyres keep Edolon strong."
Old 11-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And we will continue to do so... but that doesn't mean I can't put Ziamara or Valencia first sometimes..."
Old 11-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #21
demoted to extra

"Only when other futures aren't at stake." Melantha's eyes searched his. "What I am telling you, you already know in your heart. If you did not, you would never make a good king. And in that, I know that you will."
Old 11-08-2015, 12:41 AM   #22
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His eyes seemed sharp as he looked at her now. "We shall see... It is speculation at this point."
Old 11-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #23
demoted to extra

"It is. But Vellfyres are not always known to be patient or circumspect." Melantha smiled, now, although she had not released his hand. "You love so very strongly, all of you."
Old 11-10-2015, 01:09 AM   #24
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Neither are Solvitreos," he pointed out. "All of us? I'm not so certain of that."
Old 11-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #25
demoted to extra

"Nor are Solvitreos," she agreed. "But for love, I think you would be surprised. Why are you not certain?"
Old 11-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #26
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason looked at her for a long moment as if weighing something heavy in his mind, and then he looked away again. "It doesn't matter. I was letting my thoughts carry my words without much consideration. Forgive me."
Closed Thread

Tags
jason vellfyre, melantha vellfyre