Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Default 4.6.31 | Music to Soothe | Late Afternoon, Open

The hunt at least to her was rather uneventful until she heard what happened upon her return. Jason getting hurt and then Lenore being attacked by a stranger in the stables? All the while it was all about damage control until they found that both Vellfyres were stable and recuperating.

Her heart, mind and spirit were prickled for some reason, but being in Mirrormount, it did not feel as she felt back in Delving. She did not care if she had company or not and instead decided to take her lute and notebook and find a quiet corner for the rest of what was left of the afternoon before supper.

With her guards, she wandered allowing her feet the lead her down the halls of Silverhall. Eventually, however she came back full circle and realized that she was back to where the Vellfyres were housed. She doubted that her music would even get through the doors and walls of the castle and found an abandoned solar room.

Even though there were probably many mummers and troubadours that could be asked to play, if one wished to listen to music, Tyana settled down and just began to play a familiar tune, but unsung. Several times she played the song before her fingers plucked a new song that had been percolating in her mind for several days while in Ashmark and on her way to Mirrormount.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Returning from delivering some scrolls to Benedar's steward, Adan was lumbering down the corridor at his own leisure pace, it was a rather quiet hallway, tucked away. Then he heard the music and paused, listened... and instantly recognized the familiar tune. Starting a little slower down the hall till he found the door which the music was coming from and opened it, peering inside to see...

Ah! The other one. Stepping inside the abandoned solar room, he walked quietly closer not wishing to interrupt her greatly as the music changed to something different. He crossed his arms and listened to the melody, cocking his head to one side. "That's not a tune I am familiar with..."
Old 10-17-2015, 12:37 AM   #3
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Tyana's eyes widened in surprise at hearing a voice and the music died mid-pluck as she looked up to a familiar fixture at cour that even isolated Tyana knew. "Ser Adan, ah, the song...I would hope not for it is my work or well unfinished work."

The guards were outside of the solar room whispering between the two and let Adan in without any real concern. It was also why they did not gourmet to alert her to someone's arrival.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:47 AM   #4
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Adan was and had been a fixture at court for nearly twice the years of Tyana’s birth, no one worried too much about him. He went just about anywhere, not that he pressed his luck but few said anything to one of Rothgar’s chamber men. Worse came to worse, with a steely glance he’d fudge something and tell people he was there on behalf of the king. A perk to the job one might say…

He didn’t move as she jolted in surprise, the song dying mid-pluck. If anything Adan was completely unphased by it. “Your work? Hmmm….” Tilting his head a little he examined the instrument curiously then back at Tyana. It was hard to tell at that moment what he was thinking, “Do you simply compose the music or are there lyrics too?”
Old 10-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Mostly the music and some come with words, others are bestowed lyrics through a poet's work," she answered with a smile.

Her fingers began plucking the strings switching to familiar tunes played by most of the courtly musicians.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #6
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Adan watched her for a moment, then frowned, "You're awfully good, why do we not hear you play more often at the parties?"

He watched her switch to a familiar tune and his frown deepened, "Lady Tyana, correct? Lady Zanara's twin?"
Old 10-18-2015, 09:52 AM   #7
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She gave him a bright grin, "because I adore dancing just as much to sit on the side and play, but the Crown Prince suggested that I sing for the Holy Days."

"Yes it is. Do you know my sister?"
Old 10-20-2015, 01:23 AM   #8
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“And did you intend to play every song, my lady? For you’d only miss a dance or two in order to play for us.” His gaze traced over her face for a moment and he shifted, setting down on one of the armrests of a nearby chair, his lanky legs stretched out in front of him and his arms crossed. Nodding his head slowly, “Yes, I am acquainted a little with your sister.”

His gaze raked over her again, this time causing him to frown a little before he wiped the look away. “You do not look as much like her as I had expected.”
Old 10-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #9
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She chuckled, "I will consider it, but musicians are quite territorial of their craft. Perhaps I can captivate a few to accompany them for a couple of sets, but I have not sung for strangers in quite so long."

"We share some features, but look quite different from one another. Oddly, she believes that I am the lovelier while I think she is quite beautiful, but I do not usually put as much stock into beauty as most do," she shrugged and continued playing a bit of background music as they conversed sensing that he enjoyed her playing.

"Does it disappoint you, that I do not look like her?" She asked with a smile. "There are still some that cannot seem to keep the two of us straight in their minds. I do not know if it is laziness or a weak mind."
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #10
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I don't doubt you should have the capabilities to captivate whom ever you please to do whatever you please, my lady." Adan snickered. "Singing in front of an audience is no different than singing in solitary."

Nodding his head silently in understanding, he didn't seem that surprised by the fact that Tyana mentioned that Zanara thought she was the lesser of the two, nor did he seem surprised that Tyana thought Zanara was the fairer of the two. Adan replied dryly, his arms across his chest. "The fact that you do not put much stock into beauty tells me though you've been spurned at least once, do you blame you looks on that? Had you been plainer do you believe it wouldn't have happened?"

He looked taken aback for a moment at her reversal of the question then smirked at her, "Why should it disappoint me? I am quite content to look at either of well enough. Neither of you have the ability to scare a newborn babe, so in that... I am fortunate, I'd say. As to those whom can not tell you apart I can speak from experience it is laziness, definitely laziness."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 PM   #11
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Thank you, Ser Adan, how kind of you to say," she replied with a smirk.

She shrugged as nonchalantly as could be imagined, "I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder and many people perceive it differently. Then some believe that age will rob you of that beauty and if that is all one relies on what happens to them when it is gone?"

"Pardon me, I misinterpreted your frown and thought you hoped to have caught my twin instead," then chuckled. "Luckily, I do not make it a habit to go about scaring newborns, but I believe I have my fair share of scaring the opposite sex when it suits me. Yes, definitely laziness." She agreed with him....and stupidity, but it was unkind to say such things aloud.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:11 PM   #12
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Kind?” Adan feigned a wince, “Kind, my lady? What insult have I doled out to get you to use such a word describing me?” His lips almost twitched, but his cooler gaze studied her curiously. “A man, at any age, never wishes a lady to put him in the categories of kind… or nice.” He shifted just a fraction towards her, “Even if he is… it’s a great insult… we want to be wicked rogues.” Adan’s lips parted sensually, exposing a wolfish smile before he shifted back putting space between them.

“Hmm… are you among those that believe that beauty fades?” He’d become neutral again, whatever he was thinking seemed to evaporate.

Adan looked down at his boots then, possibly hiding a small smile. “My frown wasn’t because I hoped to find your twin instead. My frown was because I don’t like the unexpected, at my age the unexpected means one of two things… either I am becoming lax in my expectations or my age is beginning to show because I’ve already forgotten what I’d expected to begin with.”

Giving a stoic nod of his head, “Yes, yes… that’s perhaps not a good use of your time… scaring babes and all...I should think there are more interesting things to be done.” Something seemed to cross his memory and he rubbed his chin in thought as he studied her then sighed. His hand dropped and he gave a half smile, “It does make me wonder of the sort of men you’ve run across if you have scared them, my lady.”
Old 11-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #13
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She giggled then whispered, "My apologies, Ser Adan, however I would not bother to spit on a wicked rogue that happened to be on fire to help put it out. I would for a kind one."

A shrug was given, "I know it is a possibility, but I do not dwell to heavily on such thoughts."

A grin appeared, "And your expectations were that I would look identical to my sister...perhaps? I would describe you as distinguished...not old."

"Maybe not scared, perhaps slightly intimidated? I do not know why, but a feeling from some," another shrug was given and one or two names did come to mind.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:45 AM   #14
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

His eyebrows shot up, “Spitting? Is that something common of you ‘Shore’s girls?” Adan feigned being taken aback. “I must say, if a man is on fire and it’s small enough that being spat on would save him… he’s not much of a man if he can’t put that fire out himself.”

Looking a bit amused, “Distinguished is just a pretty word for old, my lady… pretty is as pretty does.”

Studying her again, he frowned, “Nothing is worth chasing if it doesn’t scare you a little. Life’s too short to play it safe all of the time. If they can not understand that… then you ought to look elsewhere for a companion.”
Old 11-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She chuckled as she said in a teasing tone, "No, we only reserve it for those that we really like." Then winked as he feigned being taken aback. "I will have to agree with you on that." Of course, she could have continued on saying that if the man was set on fire by her, she would make sure it was with an accelerate that made it quite difficult for him to put out with just rolling in the dirt or having blankets wrapped about him to smother it all out, probably way too dark for such a pleasant conversation.

"Well, I suppose, but it is better than ancient, decrepit, doddering," coming up with a few more adjectives with a cheeky grin. "Distinguished and venerable sounds absolutely lovely and respectful."

"I do not take it to heart for long, Ser Adan, people have different wants and needs. I try not to dwell on those that have no interest at being civil towards me or more so. There are plenty of those that are kind, fun-loving and just as handsome to waste my energy on the latter. That and luckily, I am quite resilient if not tenacious. Isn't tenacious such a lovely word, better than pig-headed."
Old 11-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #16
(Ser) Adan Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He snorted at her as she teased and winked at him. Shaking his head, she was quite different from her twin.

“Ouch!” Adan winced at ancient, decrepit, and doddering. A smile found it’s way to his lips, “You wound me, my lady. Distinguished and venerable are just as bad… pretty words to mask the truth.” Tilting her head, his cool gaze seemed to being seeing something else though. “Do you use pretty words and actions to mask the truth often?”
Old 11-16-2015, 10:48 PM   #17
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would not say often, Ser Adan. I use them when it is necessary. When in a difficult situation that needs diplomacy. Do you often use pretty words and actions to mask the truth?" She asked him the same question that he posed only moments before all with a smile.
Closed Thread

Tags
adan vayth, tyana solvitreo