Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Default 4.04.31 (Evening) | Flip a Coin | Bryce, Lenore (closed)

He didn't have far to go, but even so, Bryce arrived quickly enough. He was announced just as quickly as with his son, giving the servant mere seconds to let Lenore that he was about to enter, and then he brushed past him, his eyes fixed on Keegan's daughter, and for a moment, it looked like there was something not unlike pity in his eyes. But a moment later, it was gone.

He had never doubted his son's strength... And looking at Lenore, he knew she was fortunate to not be completely broken. Either they arrived just in time or Kain, even in his rage, had not yet meant to damage her entirely.

"Don't move... Do not risk hurting yourself. I've just come to ask you a few questions," he began. "I understand you were involved in some sort of accident? What happened?" he asked, his tone even.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:49 AM   #2
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Lenore was sitting in a chair with a glass of brandy doing more staring than actually drinking. Still a bit groggy from the poppy wine induced sleep, she barely had time to raise her head up when Salome came in announcing Prince Bryce. Her eyes widened, and the glass slipped an inch before her other hand manage to grab it before it completely left her hand.

Looking up at him, she nodded her head, “I figured I’d be seeing you soon enough.” She sighed and nodded her head, “Yes, but I am fine… really…I am sure it looks worse then it is.”

She seemed to shift in her chair, “What happened…” Sighing, she nodded then pointed to a small table, “The brandy's and the glasses are over there, help yourself.”

“Kain stumbled up on me in the barn, and we uh… went to the tack room to…” She flushed a moment, feeling a bit of awkwardness in this conversation. “Well, I am sure you have a vivid enough imagination.” Looking down at her glass of brandy, “Everything was… nice.” She smiled then and looked up at Bryce, “Usually, we are fussing at each other over something or other… that just seems to be the way we are… but it was nice today and we were talking and… and it’s my fault.” Shaking her head, “Things turned from nice into fussing… but that… that’s something the two of us are use too… He said that what he wanted and what I would do were different things, I… I over reacted… and told him if I wasn’t what he wanted or… or wouldn’t do what he wanted that he should find someone who he did want or did the things he wanted.” Her gaze wavered and dropped and her voice quiet, “I don’t want him to be unhappy for anything in the world.”

Sucking in a breath, she winced a little and touched her side but continued on, “Anyway, that didn’t go over well...and are argument became more heated. In the past, I’ve just… let it go mostly, but I made the error of standing my ground on this. If he wasn’t happy he should have been, even if it was with someone else.” She watched Bryce, “Things were said… things that… that… I know for me weren’t true, he said things… you know how those sorts of things go…” Her gaze seemed to glaze over a little as she became lost in thought, “And then he was gone…”

Lenore was quiet for a moment, “He’d warned me, and I… I didn’t listen. I just wanted him to be happy.” She shook a little but swallowed and seemed to come back from her thoughts, “It wasn’t his fault. He’s not crazy, not like Kaleb if that’s what you’re worried about. That is something that I know… He went back to a place in the war and was yelling at me in Zakkish.” She sighed, “It’s not the first time I’ve seen this, your highness, you remember the rumors with Ryam Vikary… that’s how those rumors were started. His servant called me to Ryam’s room during a fit to help him and I saw the same thing… The empty eyes… the Zakkish… even the strangling… it was exactly the same.” Lenore lifted the glass to take a sip and continue, “His intention wasn’t to kill me, he knew, knows I carry a dagger with me… he knew I had with with me earlier in the barn… I was using it to cut an apple up for my mare. Had he wanted to kill me, he could have pulled it and been done with it.”

She frowned, “How… How much does he remember?”
Old 10-15-2015, 02:05 AM   #3
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce looked towards the brandy, but he stood still, his brows lifting to signify that she really should just speak. And he didn't move as she related her tale... in detail. He didn't so much as blush or make a face when she insinuated that they were being intimate. But by the time she was finished, Bryce's frown was deep.

"Very little of it..." he answered, regarding her carefully. "I know my son is not crazy. But I wonder... if he warned you, why did you press him? More than that... Your name was dragged through the mud when you were accused of laying with my son... You lost your children because of it... And you continued? Continued such that there's a 'way we are...?' In a tack room, Lenore! Are you looking to be caught? Is that what you wished?"
Old 10-15-2015, 02:25 AM   #4
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore’s face scrunched up a little, “No...it just… I don’t know…. happened.” Looking at her glass, her frown deepened, “It’s not something I can explain. I wish I could. I wish I could make sense out of it.” Looking back up at him, “Don’t you think if I could make sense out of this I’d change it? Do you think I like where it’s taken me and everything I’ve lost over it?” Her gaze searched his face and she shook her head then.

Closing her eyes, Lenore sighed, “Your highness, have you ever seen a moth drawn into a flame? That’s the way the two of us seem to function, but I don’t think you have anything to worry about… at least not from me.” She said tiredly, “I might love Kain, but in the end of everything, I am not what he needs to be happy, he made that perfectly clear, and I’ve no intention of being his crutch to keep him from finding whatever it is that will make him happy.”
Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #5
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yes," Bryce answered quickly. "I think you liked it... I think you thrived on the disaster it became... Love is the excuse, Lenore, but you made a choice. Hold yourself accountable for it. A moth is drawn to the flame because the moth is an insect. A insect that is beneath you. It can neither think nor reason the way you can... Unless you mean to say you, a Vellfyre, are no better than a bug... And by that, you mean to say you knowingly chose a path that would burn you... And everybody involved... You speak of his happiness, but you didn't seem to think much of it before this happened. And still... what of your children? You'd have rather carried on with my son, risking getting caught in a tack room and confirming Edric's suspicions, thus eliminating your chance of seeing them again for what? Because you couldn't help yourself?"
Old 10-15-2015, 02:57 AM   #6
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore just looked at him for a moment, “So you think I thrive on disaster?” She murmured quietly with a frown her gaze drifting, that was almost as bad as what Kain had said to her. Nodding her head, “I suppose I could see why you would think that, and I doubt that anything I would say would change you mind in thinking that.”

“You are right though to a point.” She looked back at him, “I did knowingly chose a path that would burn me and I can’t say why he did it… but I can tell you why I did it.” Her gaze grew a little harder as she looked at him, “I did it because despite the bad that he and I have… the good that we have between us… it outweighed the bad… it outweighed everything.” She felt herself tremble, “As to Edric, let me be perfectly clear in this… his suspicions had started long before I got involved with Kain and nothing would have stopped him from taking my children. Do you know why? Do you know the answer to that, because I do, although no one has ever bothered to ask me that?”

“Edric would have taken my children for whatever reason he could have because it was leverage over me.” She leaned on the arm of the chair, “If you think that the divorce between us settled it, you are very mistaken… Edric has made numerous threats about making sure he made me crawl back to him.” She studied Bryce as she spoke, “Any situation, he could have turned it into what he needed to take the children. Even this situation… with you, right now… here in my chambers. He’d have said I was entertaining you. After all, that’s essentially what happened with Ryam. I never slept with Ryam and yet let’s be honest… that’s why Edric through his hissy fit… if he could have over Kain he’d have done it after misrules like he threatened me to do then.” Shaking her head softly, “So I will not feel guilty about Kain bringing me happiness, and whatever happiness I managed to bring him..”
Old 10-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #7
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Your actions have proved me right on more than one occasion," he said coldly

It was not so much what she said next... but how she said it. Bryce strode forward, his hand reached for a part of her that wasn't bruised... And roughly he took her by the ear and forced her face up to look at him. "And let me be perfectly clear in this... If ever you speak to me like I am a fool again, I will give you a beating that would make today seem as nothing. You will mind how you speak to me, child... I am not one of your lovers... You don't have the benefit of my patience... Twice now you have hurt my son. And for what? Do you know the answer to that? Because I do... And it has naught to do with love... For a season of pleasure, you pressed my son into the darkness... You were warned, you knew you chose a path that would burn... and you did it anyway... You hurt my son because sometimes it felt good. Forgive me for being none-too-pleased with such an answer."

Bryce sneered. "And had he made false accusations against me, it would have cost him more than he could pay..." He released her but he did not step back. "He needed no reason to keep your children from you... By rights, he may do what he wishes with them... But the divorce might have been harder if you'd have been more mindful... You let a fool like Edric outplay you... But I'm not entirely convinced you didn't want that... Now you are free of him... No children... You may do what you wish... Why should you feel guilty? You are exactly where you want to be... So what who you hurt to have your bit of happiness?"
Old 10-15-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her heart quicked as he stepped forward, his hand reached for her, and a moment of panic passed over her face. He was going to strangle her, the boldness of a moment ago was gone and she looked more like a deer. The glass of brandy slipped from her hands splashing onto the floor as she tried to shield herself. His hand grasp her ear and tugged her face up to look at him. She’d stopped breathing, and did her best to focus on what he was saying. “Yes, your highness.” A tremble passed through her, “Perhaps you are right, but I do not know that you are entirely right either.”

She murmured softly and winced at her ear still being held, “This time, it was done for him. It was the wrong move, but it was a move that the base nature of it was done for him.” Her eyes were welling up and she knew she was about to start crying. “You are so wrapped up with what happened to him that you don’t see that I was trying to push him away for his sake. Everything I touch turns to ash, he wasn’t happy and I knew it… you are angry with me for putting him in danger, I understand that... believe me I do, but I was trying to make sure that didn't happened again.” Somewhere in that she’d broken and started to cry. “The moment I realized I wasn’t making him has happy as he made me, I… was trying to end it. I didn’t want this for him.”

He released her ear but didn’t retreat, she swallowed and wiped her another tear as it fell, “Edric didn’t outplay me, you can’t outplay someone who’s not playing the game. Despite him telling me he wanted to work our marriage out the day before he petitioned for the divorce, all the signs were there that was what he was doing. We all know I am not grievous about being separated from him… I can promise that any other woman would have already slit her wrists being married to him as long as I was.” She reached down to pick up the glass off the floor, “My children… that is something different. As you said, by rights, he may do what he wishes with them… my lack of rights where they are concerned though does not mean that I do not feel guilty or that I do not wish that I had them back or that I do not miss them.”

Setting the glass on the table next to her chair, Len looked back up at him trying to regain some form of her composure, “Your highness, please believe me I don’t know how I can prove that what I am saying is what I am feeling but… but… it is… I have never meant to hurt Kain either of those times. I can’t say that I’ve not wanted to hurt him before… because that’s not entirely true… in the heat of an argument when I’ve been hurt, I’d have liked nothing more than to say something that made him feel like he’d made me feel, but that passes… but truly, honestly putting him in danger or hurting him… I would die before I let that happen. If I had believed he was as close to the darkness, I’d have stopped… but as I said we’ve fought before… It… it was what I thought just another fight, only I intended for it to be the last one… the one that sent us on separate ways… it did that but not in the manner I hoped. Even if Kain weren’t angry at me, I… I can’t be the one that keeps putting him in danger… it’s killing me on the inside what happens to him when I am around. ” Her chin wobbled and she thought she was going to start crying again.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #9
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Bryce listened again, his hands going to his hips as she spoke, and while he still held his spot, his expression unchanging, he at least did not reach out for her again. "He is my son," he said quietly, almost calmly. "I love him with all my spirit and my heart... I would lay my life down for his... But knowing this does not mean I am blind to his faults. I am not so wrapped up as you think... But I will do whatever it takes to safeguard him against those who would hurt him... Willingly or unwillingly..."

His brow twitched and he did lift his hand to touch her chin, but it was a far softer hold. "You are a Vellfyre, Lenore. Refusing to play the game does not mean you aren't already in it... And that's why you lost... He outplayed you because you sat back and let him... You may not have done anything with Ryam, but because you did not think how somebody might use your actions against you, you may as well have... You gave him the winning hand when you folded..."

He looked at the glass and then back into her eyes. "I believe you, Lenore... But you must prove it to me what you've said... About not putting him in danger... About not hurting him anymore. You must keep silent the details of what happened... And you must keep your distance... Not just for his sake..."
Old 10-16-2015, 11:29 PM   #10
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I know.” She murmured softly, “Otherwise you wouldn’t be here… you’d have sent someone else to come and find out the details to our scuffle.” Her brows came together and her lips gave a odd frown as if she was noticing something for the first time. “You remind me of him. I don’t think I’ve ever really noticed how much till tonight, your highness.” Shifting her dark eyes for a moment she sighed heavily, “It’s a bit disconcerting…”

His hand lifted her chin, softer this time, it was a slower movement thankfully so she didn’t panic. Raising her gaze she frowned at him and his logic. “I suppose that makes sense…” Her frown deepened, “If you had any idea how much it pained me to admit in that you might be right, you’d laugh.” She sighed, “I… I do everything so fast… I just… I don’t want to miss anything.” Lenore’s brows furrowed again, “I don’t know why it’s so important to not miss anything, but… I think it might be the root of my problems.”

Lenore seemed to relax just a smidgen as he said he believed her, nodding her head. “I… I didn’t intend to tell anyone the details, your highness. In fact, I sent word to the king earlier to speak to him and find out what he wanted of me… what was I to say. I… I don’t want any more pain in this family…” Sighing, “I am just a very small picture of this family, if it were just me… I would not be half as concerned but I… am starting to realize that what I do affects more than just myself… there’s a bigger picture to look at but the devil is in the details.”
Old 10-17-2015, 02:15 AM   #11
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He blinked in confusion then and then, against his will, gave a bit of a smile. "I think considering what you've gone through, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a veiled insult..."

There was a sort of sadness in his eyes when she spoke. "I'm often right... It is not arrogance... It is experience. I tried to sit out of the game before... It has a way of drawing you back in. You either play it or you lose, pet." He lowered his hand to her shoulder and sighed. "Wisely and slow... Wisely and slow... They stumble that run fast..." He remembered reading that from somewhere, but for the life of him, he couldn't recall which book.

"It would be much easier if we could only concern our minds with ourselves... But it is never so... You are wise to realize this... I wish you'd realized it sooner, but some take much longer... and endure much harsher lessons." He squeezed her shoulder gently. "You are not so small as you think... If you were, your actions would not matter so much... You are important... Every Vellfyre is... Each time one missteps, it throws the entire family off balance... Which is why it is important we learn to stand together and not tilt it..."
Old 10-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #12
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I am sure it’s a bit of both,” Lenore murmured through a crestfallen smile of her own, “Whether he likes it or not, keep him close… he needs you, he needs someone to look out for him. More so now then perhaps even when he was younger.” It was just… she couldn’t be that person.

She listened to him, there was something soothing about his demeanor when he chose to be. The corners of her mouth turned down a little, “That sounds like the advice my mother has given me on more then on one occasion, your highness.” Len sighed, “The worse thing is…I think I handle other people’s problems so much easier… it like I am capable of navigating through the messiness without getting bogged down… but… but my messiness I drown in.” His quote brought a small smile to her lips again, “I need to write that down somewhere where I have to read it often. Maybe it’ll help it sink in for me, perhaps I’ll start embroidering it onto everything.”

“What… what if he was right though and I am hollow and… and I can only concern myself with myself?” She’d said it so quietly it was almost a whisper, her gaze and dropped to her hands as she frowned at them. Realizing she’s said it out loud, Lenore glanced up at Bryce and tried to shrug it off like it was nothing, “I’ll get it figure out… I believe I am on that path now though.” He squeezed her shoulders and she tried to smile but it didn’t quite make it, “I… I am genuinely sorry then. I seem to forever be misstepping and throwing the entire family off balance.”
Old 10-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #13
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Well... you are bold. I'll give you that..." People always did seem more comfortable speaking openly with him than his brother, but sometimes he wondered if they forgot just where Bryce stood in the scheme of things. "I will always look out for my son. He has little choice in the matter."

He nodded. "Of course you can... I think that is true for most people, Lenore. It is easier to solve their mistakes because you are not thinking with their emotions... There's more doubt in their minds, more fear, more to lose... When you see something objectively, it is easier to make a decision and to see all the paths clearly... When it is our own path... and we are in our own head... suddenly everything is dark. It seems bigger... And costlier."

He shrugged. "And if he was? You know, pet, one of the good things about still drawing breath and seeing a new sun each morning is that you are capable of making changes... I am not the man I was when I was your age... You see your faults... and if you care enough, you'll seek to change them. If you fear that's the truth about yourself, Lenore, then change it..." He touched her cheek gently so as not to hurt her. "Do not believe you are the first to do that... Or that you will be the last. We all have been guilty of doing it from time to time... You cannot undo your missteps, Lenore, but you can endeavor to make them right."
Old 10-20-2015, 01:10 AM   #14
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“Now who is dealing out compliments and veiled insults.” Lenore uttered, her lips pressing into an astute smile. Shrugging she added, “Between the two of us though, I am not bold nor fearless, but inside I am always quaking, your highness.” Her gaze softened and she seemed to study Bryce. “Not that you care about my opinion of what you do, but I am happy then that you are looking out for him and that he has you, whether he realizes it how fortunate he is or not at the moment.”

“You sound like you are well versed with the feelings. You describe them too well… the darkness of being in one’s head, how the mind takes things, analyzes them, breaks them into fragments that will stick into you like thorns until you can’t think about it anymore and you just react.” A deep sigh left her as she leaned her head back against the chair and frowned in thought for a moment.

Her gaze flickered back up to him, she could picture the man he’d been when he was her age… perhaps all too vividly. “Change it… “ She murmured back as his hand touched her cheek gently. Her brow furrowed in thought, “I know I am not the first, nor am I naive enough to think that I am the last but I am just… just so tired of failing and I don’t understand if I am giving as much as I think I can possibly give and still failing… and I am starting to tire… starting to know that there is not as much for me to give how will I ever succeed then. I’ve never asked, nor expected things to be just given to me but I… I feel like I am running out of ability to continue trying.” Len gave a sigh and shook her head, “If that makes any sense at all, I suspect it’s a bit of the poppy wine and the brandy starting to talk.”
Old 10-20-2015, 01:23 AM   #15
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I'm a prince," he began. "I'm allowed." But he said it with a bit of a smile. "I don't know that you have come to know me well enough to make such assumptions about my opinions, Lenore."

He nodded. "I've had more time to figure it out... You learn to ignore the thorns... You learn to lean on people you trust... Because nobody can walk a dark path without help."

There was a heavy sigh and he looked around, finally moving so he could sit in one of the nearby chairs. "It's one thing to feel like quitting, pet. It's another thing to quit. I know what it is to feel tired. To feel like no matter what you give, it's not enough. For a long time, I was heir to the throne... I was raised the way a second son is... My entire life has been devoted to the service of the kingdom and the king... It is a heavy weight to carry... And the weight of failure makes it that much harder to hold. If I've managed this long without quitting... you can, too."
Old 10-20-2015, 02:05 AM   #16
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Something sparked in her gaze before she dropped her eyes and exhaled. A corner of her mouth twitched, threatening to expose one of the dimples in her cheeks, “I didn’t hear you disagree with me, only chide me for making assumptions.” She murmured with a lazy sassiness. “Consider it more an educated guess rather than an assumption… but I’ll keep my educated guesses to myself from now on, they really aren’t that interesting anyway.”

Her dark eyes were considerate as he spoke, it fascinated her to hear it from someone who’d experienced it already. At the mention of not waking the dark path without help she sighed, “I do not let go of things as easily as I should, as a result, I think I do not lean as well on those I trust as well as I should. It’s difficult to relinquish that bit of yourself and admit you need someone else… what if there is no going back once you’ve allowed yourself to lean on others.”

The heavy sigh, the glance around the room, those were different from Kain but there was still so much Lenore saw of Kain in Bryce… or was it the other way around. It almost hurt her chest listening to him, watching him... picking out the little things they had in common... and focusing on the things they didn't have in common. Following him with her gaze as he found a place to sit, the instant he started talking, her gaze dropped again and she thought about what he was saying as he admitted to feeling the same similarly to her. Taking a deep breath, “I wish I had your faith and foresight in this matters.” Shaking her head sadly, “Knowing that… that I am not the only person to have felt this way though, does seem to keep it from looking quite so gloom.”
Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #17
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It is only how it come across, Lenore. You would mean to make me feel unfeeling... Aloof... You insult yourself and me in one breath. That is all I mean to say."

He leaned back and crossed his ankle at his knee. "And what's wrong with leaning on others? Seems less lonely than walking alone... You don't get points for shouldering through when you should seek help... It's not strength to walk through thorny brambles... Not when you could easily ask someone with a sword to cut you a path..."

He rubbed his chin and looked long at her. "Take comfort in knowing that whatever you're feeling, somebody at some point has felt it, too. I know we Vellfyres like to think we're the first to do things... but we're not."
Old 10-26-2015, 09:11 PM   #18
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Mmm... I do not believe you unfeeling... aloof is a much better word I think." She offered him a small smile, "In most matters, you seem in complete control of your emotions... They are there, anyone who knows where to look and what to look for can see them. Like Kain it's in the eyes..." She studied him a moment and frowned again, "A spark... a fire in the eyes... of emotion but determining which emotion it is... that's a trickier parlor trick, I am afraid... one I never quite mastered. Please, don't find insult in what I say... or have said... I am nearly as good with words as Kellan, and I suspect as Kalden either if he'd learn to use them when he hadn't been in the snow wine."

Her eyebrows came together, he looked like he was making himself rather comfortable. That was an uncomfortable thought... she shifted in her chair and went to bite her bottom lip out of habit catching only before she let out a yelp...and licked her bottom lip instead to cover up the awkwardness of the moment. "It's less lonely, until you become dependent upon them. What happens then? When you have forgotten how to stand upon your own legs... is being less lonely really a better option then simply shouldering your burdens on your own? Maybe loneliness isn't that bad..."

Lenore gave a small laugh and nodded her head, "Well noted, your highness. And like most Vellfyres, I am not entirely convinced still that I am not the first." She smiled cheekily at Bryce.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:18 PM   #19
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"My son has not yet learned to mask his emotions..." he told her matter-of-factly. "In fact, few of my children have. It's most vexing... It's only that Kain's emotions are not... Well... I need not tell you. If only he would take after me more in that... But this is what he gets from his mother. She always betrayed herself one way or another... It was one of the things that was good about her... and bad."

He sighed but didn't comment on what she did. "Even when you do depend on them, it's not less lonely... And if you can't stand on your own legs to begin with, what does it matter...? So yes... if depending on somebody is what gets you through your hardship, then it is better. Choosing to be lonely and lost? That's just stupid."
Old 10-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #20
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

“I can almost picture my mother saying those very same words about me... “ Blinking a moment then smiling, “About all of her children, really.” Tilting her head she listened to him, curiosity or something akin seemed to form in her gaze as he spoke. Her lips faded from a smile and softened into neutral expression. “I am sorry about your loss, your highness. I… I don’t know if I ever passed my condolences along to you personally. It is strange the traits we inherit from our parents… even stranger the traits we don’t. Perhaps, within time and a few more years our traits will evolve to the better. Or perhaps, masks are something that are not inherited but are something we learn after a particular life lesson?” Her gaze dropped, there was a twinge of hopefulness in her last sentence. Maybe she could still learn to mask her feelings from the word… she didn’t want to think that her life would be lived forever more as an open book.

Sliding another dark eyed glance up at him she frowned in contemplation, “I suppose I can see where if you had no other alternative to get you through a hardship, how depending on someone would be favorable, but… if I can do it on my own without having to depend on someone else, without having to fear picking myself up repeatedly because someone has dropped me than… that is what I want. I want to be strong enough to stand on my own legs and not get knocked over the first strong wind that blows.” Lenore looked back at her hands for a long moment, “But, I believe you might be right. There is absolutely no sense in stubbornly standing in the rain if you are but a few feet from the door to a cottage.”
Old 10-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #21
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He sighed and then gave her an appreciative look. "Thank you, my dear..."

Bryce sighed. "Obviously, Lenore... you can't. And when you can't... if you've never before learned to depend on somebody... you have nobody around when you need them. It is much worse to stand alone. Trust me."
Old 10-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Lenore inclined her head to acknowledge appreciative but polite words. She'd not expected anything else to be said, but she had wanted to tell him she was sorry... no moment in the past since it had happened hadn't seemed appropriate.

Her bemused brows came together and a fine line of worry appeared. What made him think that she couldn't stand on her own two feet when she needed too? That was what he'd meant wasn't it. Len's lips turned down softly, "Mmm... I trust what you are saying...but learning to depend upon someone isn't something that is learned over night and it's a tricky thing for if you lean upon the wrong person while learning... I...I..." Her frown deepened she wasn't being very articulate at the moment and it was annoying her. "I think it must be a bit like learning to ride, if your first horse is a sour dispositioned pony ready to toss you off you quickly decide you can walk more safely then ride."
Old 10-30-2015, 12:39 AM   #23
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Yet... any good teacher worth a damn tells you that if you're thrown off, you get right back on... To do otherwise is cowardly... Sometimes you may lean on the wrong person, Lenore. It happens... But then there are times you lean on the right person... The fact is... the longer you stand alone, the harder it will be to stand with somebody else... And if you don't know how to navigate a path with somebody... how can you expect them to come to you when they need somebody? Perhaps you learn never to get hurt by relying on yourself... But you never learn how to be happy with others either... Or how to make others happy."
Old 10-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #24
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He hit her where she was weak... how could she proclaim to be strong enough to be there for someone else if she couldn't allow anyone to be there for her. Bryce had made a point that she couldn't easily dismiss and she knew it... it was there in her eyes. Sucking in a ragged breath, she gave a soft conceding nod of her head. "You're..." She looked down at her hands as they toyed with the fabric of her dress. "You're right. You make an excellent point, your highness."
Old 10-30-2015, 12:54 AM   #25
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lenore... I know because I had to learn this lesson the hard way, too. More than once... I would hate for it to take as long for you to learn as it did for me..."
Old 11-01-2015, 01:50 AM   #26
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She took a moment to answering him, her gaze softly seemed to study him before she swallowed and nodded her head in understanding. “May I ask if someone had told you what you’d just told me when you were my age, would you have done things differently?” Lenore asked quietly, her dark eyes full of curiosity. “I am trying to determine if my reaction is just something in our blood that forces us to try and do things our own way… even when it’s something that isn’t working.”
Old 11-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #27
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"No... I never found myself with the opportunity... I always had to navigate things the way I saw best... Until I grew old enough to realize that I could ask for help."
Old 11-02-2015, 02:10 AM   #28
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She seemed to be contemplating again then frowned, "I have such a hard time picturing you leaning on anyone... you, and the king, Kadreth, even my father... you all seem so... capable... Pillers of strength?"
Old 11-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #29
(Prince) Bryce Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"And how do you think we got so strong, Lenore? Do you not see...? Have you not watched us as you've grown... But virtue of the council, the king must rely on people... That it exists is proof enough of that... The rest of us... Surely you must see how we help one another."
Old 11-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #30
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She frowned, “I watched but I am not sure that I really saw…” Pausing a moment before she continued as she gathered her words, “I think for me at least, you were all placed up on the scale alongside the gods. The whats and hows didn’t seem to take precedence over the whos, if that makes any sense.” Shaking her head softly.
Closed Thread

Tags
bryce vellfyre, lenore vellfyre