Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #31
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"A party, true-- but with eastron men, coz." Damiata looked around more dubiously. "The 'Reachmen ask a lady not the other way 'round as I've heard tell. I wish not to seem so uncourtly as I feel."

"You could scarcely seem more awkward, Dami, save by drink and trullish jests. Mayhap though shouldst heed Valisa's counsel." Tareza's eyes glinted with mischief and Dami turned a wary eye on her sister.

"Then go you hence, sister mine and make a mark upon the world. Show me how 'tis done by a fairer hand than mine."

"Nay, I'll not embarrass you so. Tis sisterly charity keeping me here."

That made Dami roll her eyes and she looked to Valisa for help. "Then you go, Valisa. Ask a man and prove it's a battle so easily won."
Old 10-10-2015, 12:08 AM   #32
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

A brow arched, "And what if we art uncourtly? Would it send these men running? I would hope not."

Her own eyes rolled and suddenly she felt as if she just got at up, narrowed eyes went back and forth from the twins to Damiata. "If I succe'd will thou all throw aroint thy uncertainty and attempt to hast a good time?" She asked Damiata know full well the twins will do what they want.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:14 AM   #33
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"I can promise no such thing, coz, but I will put a good foot toward such purpose as you intend should thy quest succeed."

"We'll see her dancing, Lisa!" Tareza laughed aloud and squeezed Damiata's arm. "With a jug or two of bravery if need be. A pity Dami can't be bastard-brave as thee, 'twould serve her in better stead than gentle birth and breeding have." Tareza tucked a bit of her youngest sister's hair behind her ear. "Poor chit."

Dami slapped at Tari's wrist and smiled for Valisa's sake. "Thou'rt a better lady than this jade, or me."
Old 10-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #34
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She played at a scowl, "ye are all terrible and ye are lucky that I adore thou 'r I would not indulge thee so with the possibility of being the button of thy gleek."

Then she looked about the room wondering who she could ask to dance most seem otherwise engaged.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #35
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Ashmark seems to have done him a world of good, Ser Jeharraz," he nodded, and smiled at him. "As has Mirrormount. Though any place would be a sight lot better than Delving. And how do you fare?"
Old 10-11-2015, 12:25 AM   #36
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)

Kalden came into the room, dressed well enough as befitting his station. Revelry was never his thing, and the family knew it, but if he skipped out on any festivities, his uncle the king would take that as an excuse to exile him to the mountains. Any little slight...he was on thin ice as it was with his uncle.

Thus he swept into the room, caught a glimpse of Kain, gave a small scowl, and thanked the gods it was crowded so it wouldn't look too obvious that he was avoiding that fucker. Grabbing a cup of wine from a servant, he found a free spot at the edge of the room, sighed, and imbibed of the liquid that, thankfully, didn't taste like piss.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #37
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Prince Bryce ordered us to start preparing for a return to Vellesca in Ashmark," he said with a sigh. "Then it was that we would stay with the court.. Hell if I am knowing whether we go or stay from one moment to the next. I will say I like this palace. A strange place, but charming in its ways." He inclined his head as he said it, looking toward where three of the Mondragon girls and some blond stood talking.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:48 AM   #38
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jayme also glanced toward the Mondragon girls and the blond, inclining his head toward them as well. "At least you are staying. Mountain travel can be treacherous...and who knows whether there will be another storm coming. We barely weathered this last one..."
Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #39
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ah, a little storm? Bah. I am knowing worse in the sea. Be glad those stones did not fall on a ship, with the endless waves to welcome you down." Jeharraz laughed. "Your mountains are fearsome things but if that is the worst of it, I think this trip is being an easy one."
Old 10-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #40
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She caught the eyes of both the dark skinned man and the man beside him and looked back at her kin before moving over towards Jeharraz and Jayme. "God-den, s'rs. How art thou enjoying Mirr'rmount thus far?" She asked with a smile giving a tentative curtsy and ignoring the other's eyes that followed her here.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #41
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He would have answered him, but then the blond came over. "My lady," he bowed. "I have to admit two things: I've never been to Mirrormount--but find it quite comforting...and that I do not know your name." Jayme's lips quirked in an apologetic smile. "If you do not mind giving me your name, I'll offer myself for you to dance with, in recompense..."
Old 10-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #42
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Mirrormount is indeed far more beautiful than we expected," Jeharraz added with a chuckle, though her accent had lost him entirely. Edolene still did not come entirely easily to him and the accents of the borderlands bore phrases and syllables he couldn't catch.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #43
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She realized that her accent might be rather overbearing and if her mother was here to listen to her, there would probably be a scrutinizing glare as well. Her speech slowed as she attempted to enunciate her words with just a hint of her accent left behind. "I am so glad to hear it and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask." Her smile brightened at Jayme. "A dance would be lovely. I am Valisa Stone, and may I have the pleasure of both of your names?" She asked politely.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #44
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Lady Valisa, I present to you Ser Jayme of House Ascalon. A great knight." Jeharraz said with a grin. "And a better dancer. I am Jeharraz Zisemides. It is an honor to meet you."
Old 10-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #45
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

She'd slept for hours after their arrival, so her appearance at the feast was late and rather more anonymous than her usual preference. Even Zanara's sky blue dress was a simpler one but the sleeves were lined in gold silk and a charm in the shape of a sun glittered on her brow, suspended by a golden rope twined through her long dark hair.

"Cousin?" she spoke quietly as she approached Kalden. She smiled. "You are looking well for someone who's been in the wilds of the marches for months."
Old 10-13-2015, 12:22 AM   #46
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Apparently it was just what I needed. Exile." He laughed, nodded, and took in what she was wearing. "I take it that most of your clothes blew away in the storm, from the looks of your dress...too plain for your tastes, no?"
Old 10-13-2015, 12:52 AM   #47
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"One of view that doesn't hit the bandages wrong, I'm afraid. I managed to somehow become semi-impaled on a lantern hook when a tent collapsed." She put a tentative hand on her side and shrugged. "It could be worse. I could have only brought tight gowns. So far, I am in awe of your endurance. Not only is this place wracked with storms and ghosts, the people haven't seen a proper seamstress in decades..." She sighed. "At least your clothes still fit, so I assume they haven't been beating and starving you in exile?"
Old 10-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #48
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He laughed. "No, thank the gods. The only inconvenience that I had to endure was my arm healing. If I had to fight the Elonians, I would have been greatly inconvenienced by death."
Old 10-14-2015, 12:26 AM   #49
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"How did your arm heal? Not barred from swinging a sword for life or anything are you?" Zanara's brow rose. "I'd hate to think you were doomed to become a man of peace. It doesn't sound like a title that would suit you."
Old 10-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #50
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valisa chuckled and smiled at Jeharraz's introduction. "A pleasure to meet the both of you, Ser Jayme, Ser Jeharraz," she said finding both handsome and already she could probably hear the twins tittering on while Damiata watched with fascination. "Comforting, a rather interesting way to describe Mirrormount, and beautiful, however, wild and even frightening could be thrown into the fold," she quipped not forgetting, never forgetting their constant battle with the Elonians.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:58 PM   #51
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I prefer diplomacy, but diplomacy does not necessarily equal peace, though I welcome its challenges. I digress. My arm healed very well, thanks to Gavin. And if I ever see that Lord Gareth again it will be too damn soon. Prick." Kalden downed some more of his wine.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #52
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She had a lovely smile, he had to admit. Not false at all, genuine, a kind that lit up her whole being. "Thank you, Ser Jeharraz." Jayme listened, with curiosity, to the lady's description of Mirrormount. "Oh? Wild? And frightening? How so?"
Old 10-15-2015, 03:54 AM   #53
(Lady) Zanara Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I imagine you'll see him soon enough, coz. He's Lord Agrivale, liege of Oldcastle... and still the queen's champion." Zanara cast a thoughtful look at Kalden. "You should step forward to be the new champion for Princess Alianor. At least then you'll have an excuse to avoid Ser Gareth."
Old 10-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #54
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"There is still a lot of land that is untouched by men keeping it wild and lush as well as dangerous. That and we have also lost too many of our men to the Elonians which still keeps fear in our hearts," she explained.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:03 PM   #55
(Ser) Alaric Harrowmont
demoted to extra

Alaric was having a very good time, all things considered. Although he kept a weather eye on the discussion between the Mondragons and the king, knowing that the topic of marauding would come up soon enough, he had his choice of ladies to flirt with, observe, and admire. The court did not disappoint, that was for certain. He found himself passing by one of the many Vellfyre cousins. Lenore, he was rather sure it was. With a winning smile, he offered her a small bow, and said, "My lady, dost thoust care for more draughts of this mote excellent vintage?" His mocking of the heavy Mirrormont accent was spot on, and hopefully would make her laugh.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:39 AM   #56
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

She was still keeping an eye on Parissa when the princess’ brother appeared charming smile and a small bow. Lenore smiled back and opened her mouth to say something the same time he did, only her’s froze before it ever became a sound. Wide dark eyes blinked in surprise leading up to a delighted throaty laugh and teased back, “Don’t beest fartuous, I can at each moment useth more draughts of any excellent vintage.”

Still chuckling she sighed, “The notorious Alaric, correct? Your sister speaks of you often.” She gave him a wicked grin, “Shall I tell you what I was thinking just then?”
Old 10-17-2015, 02:10 AM   #57
(Lord) Kalden Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Oh I am sure that will go over well." He snorted. "She is still none too pleased with me, I would think, over the events of months past. I just try to keep as much distance between myself and trouble as possible..."
Old 10-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #58
(Ser) Alaric Harrowmont
demoted to extra

"Excellent! I too can oft be found with a bottle in hand." As if proving his words, Alaric produced a winebottle from behind him and refilled her drink. "I am Alaric the great, yes. And gods above, please tell me what you were thinking, Lady Lenore is it? I have to hear what an illustrious Vellfyre thinks of this gathering."
Old 10-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #59
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Lenore's dark eyes widened as his hand produced a bottle from behind his back causing her to laugh again. Holding her glass out for him to refill still chuckling, “Oh my! Quite prepared! I must say.” She’d hardly managed to get composed from laughing before he made her laugh again, “Alaric the great, hmmm? I don’t think that’s what she called you but I am sure that’s what she meant to say, right?” She teased, “Mmm… I was just thinking… I was just thinking…” Looking a little smug she bit her bottom lip, “I think you’ll have to ask me to dance if you want me to answer that question, my lord. I am afraid my feet are starting to itch and I simply can’t think with itchy feet. The only cure I am aware of is dancing.”
Old 10-19-2015, 02:37 AM   #60
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Ah, I see. I can understand the fear. At least about the wild men. Though I have heard much about the Elonians...they seem a fearsome sort."
Closed Thread

Tags
benedar mondragon, damiata mondragon, elinor vellfyre, jacen mondragon, jason vellfyre, jayme ascalon, jeharraz zisemides, kain vellfyre, kalden vellfyre, lenore vellfyre, parissa harrowmont, rhaegar vayth, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo, valisa stone, zanara solvitreo