Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Westridge > Mirrormount

Mirrormount Ruled by House Mondragon.
A dwindling city of 1,810 souls, its income is from the snow-leaves and vineyards on the slopes, and copper ore from the last mines in the area.

Mirrormount takes its name from the glorious fortress that stands incongruously just to the north, on a high bluff- the vast edifice is an odd creation. Some of its older towers feature odd spires with polished stone that still shines and shimmers in the light--a feature from a time before Asserya. Silverhall is its name, but many others call it Mirrorfell these days as the silver that once flowed into this vast holding from western mines is long gone, lost to Elonia with the final settlements of the Border Wars

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 4.02.31 | Welcome Feast for the Royals | Open to all

Benedar was normally much deeper in his cups than he was at the moment, and he was pretty sure his servants wished he would hurry up and remedy that. No. Right now his shrewd eyes were following them where they could, his lips twitching often to form a deeper frown, the creases across his forehead deepening with each perceived blunder. This was the king. A feast for a king. And they went about as if they were serving a hall of paupers.

Well... they weren't... But they still were making stupid mistakes... Like nearly spilling wine on the crowned prince... He wore his displeasure plain, and as the servant passed, he gestured him over and very quietly whispered, "Boy, if ye need reminding how to properly hold a tray..." He let the threat linger, but it was not missed. "Think thou shouldst make meet amends..."

The servant nodded and then Benedar turned his attention to the musicans. "Many pardons, your grace," he said to Rothgar. "I suspect 'tis this foul weather which hath fill'd their fingers with sad song..." He cleared his throat. "Hist! What be this mournful tune? Art we in mourning? Hath someone pass'd that we hast not been made acknown of? Let the music match our souls and play f'r us a merry tune. Anon, a happy welcome and not a damn'd elegy."
Old 10-08-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"What finery," Tereza whispered as they made their way back to their seats. Dami and her sister had escaped a few moments earlier to visit the necessaries but now they returned and walked slower, the better to look at the courtiers who'd followed the king to their family's holding.

"Think'st thou we'll see their like again?" Dami whispered back though her eyes had caught on one the handsome knights.

"What like? 'Tis none but themselves... how could the gods make several of any such? Perfection is rarer than gold, sister."

Dami sighed, feeling her heart thud in her chest yet again. So close and yet might as well be dreaming of songs.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #3
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Hear hear, father." Jacen roared with laughter and lifted his cup toward the minstrels. "A merry song, boys! We wish to see our ladies weep with laughing not sorrow!" He looked at the prince. "So many victors at one table.. What say thee, prince? Wouldst hear the tales of glories won? Many a fair song's been wrought for thy name. I should know, as they are determined to mistake my name in many an ale-soaked inn of a night."
Old 10-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #4
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

"No need to apologize, Lord Mondragon." Rothgar smiled beatifically. "Sad or glad, music is ever welcome in our court. I am sorry only my daughters could not be here- the eldest is remarkably fond of dancing, no matter the occasion."
Old 10-08-2015, 11:45 PM   #5
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)

"I would never turn down a chance to hear a glorious tale," Jason grinned, setting his cup back on the table. "Are you certain they aren't meaning to sing your praises instead of mine? I think from now on when I hear such a song, I'll assume they mean you."
Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #6
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Benedar finally managed a small smile. "That we may take after such wisdom... Haply if I had danced more in mine youth, I might have aged so gracefully as thee. Mine king, you appear to be just as thou wast when last I saw you."
Old 10-08-2015, 11:55 PM   #7
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

"Can they not mean you both?" Parissa interjected with a laugh, leaning past Jason to see Jacen. "But if they set your glories to a tune we may dance to... Husband, may I dance, please? I promise to return to table after a set." Parissa's hand touched Jason's gloved one.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #8
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Gods I hope you're lying, Benedar." He laughed. "I like to imagine I was not so veiled in fat and flesh when last we met. You are the one determined to meet the gods unchanged." Rotghar took a healthy swig of his wine. "Not even such troubles as ail this part of our realm seem to age you."
Old 10-09-2015, 12:19 AM   #9
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jason turned his hand to close his fingers around hers, turning to give her a fond smile. "I could never deny such a sweet request. Would my wife be so kind as to save me a dance this eve?"
Old 10-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #10
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"'Tis the cold. It slows the process," he said, reaching for his cup. "But it would seem neither of us lack for troubles. What news from Vellesca? I understand the sickness was not kind?"
Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 AM   #11
(Lady) Parissa Harrowmont
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her eyes lit up when he held her hand and she met his gaze with a soft smile. "Of course I will. As many dances as you want to claim, my prince." Impulsively she leaned in to kiss his cheek as she stood up. She gathered the royal blue velvet of her dress in one hand and scampered off toward the dance floor with Vespera joining at her side.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 AM   #12
(Ser) Jayme Ascalon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jayme wandered around the outskirts of the room, nodding at any lady who glanced his way and smiled. He noticed the princess and her cousin going toward the dance floor, and he smiled and shook his head. Ladies. So impatient to get out there and trip over their skirts...
Old 10-09-2015, 01:54 AM   #13
(Lady) Lenore Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

Lenore stood off to the side, her wine in her hand as she watched the princess curiously... she looked different. Taking a sip of her wine she couldn't quite pinpoint it, swallowing and her gaze lingered on the princess' bust, it was fuller. Had she done what Lenore suspected she'd done? You didn't simply become that much fuller just over night. Noticing Jayme, she smiled and lifted her cup towards him slightly in greeting, before her gaze went back to Parissa.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:16 AM   #14
(Ser) Rhaegar Vayth
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Rhaegar watched in silence from beyond the dais, where he stood with the Crownsguard. while he could have represented Tal Vayth at the table, he was Jason's champion. Clad all in black with red satin lining his cloak, he did not attempt to do anything but blend into the shadows... and watch.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:22 AM   #15
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valisa caught up with the twins and Damiata and whispered good-naturedly, "And how doth thou suppose thou will get dances standing all together like a horde?"

Then she rolled her eyes, "Stop idolizing them, they art men, handsome, but still men."
Old 10-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #16
(Lady) Elinor Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Elinor believed that she would never get used to the accents some heavy, some light, but all seemed to make her brain ache just a little bit trying to figure out what they were saying. However, she continued to smile serenely and sit calmly eating while subtly glancing about for Lucia and then at Jayme glad that they were still in the banquet hall amidst the boisterousness of the feast going into full swing.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #17
(Lady) Tyana Solvitreo
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Tyana liked Mirrormount well enough and she laughed, danced, flirted, ate and drank with abandon. She wore one of her warmer gowns of deep blue that only managed to brighten her eyes and accentuate her lush figure, but her hairstyle was surprisingly modest only because her maid died in the hailstorm of 331. It was braided in two and twisted about the crown of her head with bejeweled pins to keep it secure. She wore a gauzy veil the corners weighed down with gold while her eyes were lined in kohl to make them smoky and alluring.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #18
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He watched the princess and her lady rush off and raised a brow at the prince. "There's one that has the look of her mother. They said you'd wed Lord Attericus' daughter and I half expected to greet a woman giant with a war-club in hand and a beard to shame mine own."
Old 10-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #19
Damiata Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"An' we to part, we shall but stand as statues, coz. Or I shall at any rate. No man might pass thee by but asks for a dance. Some of us are none so fortunate," Damiata informed Valisa with a pained expression.

"And what man worth having could not face three beauties without cowering?" Tareza threw back with a laugh. "I'll not believe the king's men so easily undone."
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #20
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"She's recently shaved it," Jason grinned. "She's small... but no less mighty than you may have imagined."
Old 10-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #21
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

He roared with laughter at that. "Certes she is, else you'd no doubt have broken her in twain months a'gone." Jacen leaned over to refill the prince's cup. "I apologize again for my own lady's late arrival. Freya hath been sleepless with excitement and I fear her humors unbalanced themselves this morn... or so she bids me say. By troth, I ken full well 'tis but her horror of strangers has fainted her dead to the world. A beauty my wife is, in her way, but never a bold one."
Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #22
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"Unkind in a thousand ways," Rothgar confirmed. "Unrest in the streets and sorrow in the halls. We'd barely finished the graves ere I rode for Delving. Yours did not fall so much to the fever, I hope? Word from the west has been scarce in Volorro, with the thieves riding thick across the roads twixt us and Delving."
Old 10-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #23
(Ser) Jeharraz Zisemides
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Jeharraz mingled among the court and local gentry without finding either aim or purpose. The assemblage of a royal caravan was a tiresome affair and installing it within a castle was no less exhausting.

He found himself standing near to one of Prince Jason's chamber lords: Jayme Ascalon. Jeharraz nodded to the other man. "I trust the Crown Prince's things suffered no further difficulties after Ashmark, Lord Jayme?"
Old 10-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #24
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I had hoped that whispers of such had been nothing more than embellishment. Volorro is of wax to be sure, but when so many reside together, illness takes hold quickly. Accept my deepest condolences, your grace. We had some afflicted by fever... Some did not survive the illness, but after what we had heard, we were... quick to act. 'Twas easily done considering we were already on alert. "
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #25
(Prince) Jason Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"You make me out to be some sort of beast," he said, adding to his laughter. "Well, I look forward to meeting her, my lord. Perhaps we might have her meet my wife, and they can even one another out for boldness or lack thereof."
Old 10-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #26
Valisa Stone
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Valisa chuckled and shook her head as she spoke encouragingly, "Nev'r look uncertain, Damiata. Look about and ask someone to dance, wherefore wait and pine? 'Tis a party afterall."

A brow rose as she teased them, "I thought thou would all be dancing already. Hast the king's men made thou all dainty?"
Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #27
(Ser) Jacen Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Having crossed swords with thee, prince, I can attest to thy beast's nature. A noble one, certes, yet beast all the same." He saluted Jason with his cup. But his head tilted as Jason spoke again. "Aye, they knew each other well of old. Mine is cousinly kin to thine, and waited on her lady mother ere Lady Harrowmont trod the sunless paths. Strange to think on't now, for when Freya heard of thy wedding 'twas not tales of a bold lass were told but of a frail and dream-sick girl. Glad I am to know you've found her otherwise, your highness."
Old 10-09-2015, 09:52 PM   #28
(King) Rothgar Vellfyre
the king.

My Mood:

"I lost a niece and good-sister in the fever, and nearly lost a daughter to the riots after, and a brace of kismen besides." Rothgar's jaw tightened. "Yet I am glad it was my city to suffer- those of my vassals have endured enough hardships for a century in the last year. What further news of the Fairdragons? Attericus brought me word and details yet I had hoped you might yet have found one or two hidden in the slopes and high passes."
Old 10-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #29
Benedar Mondragon
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Benedar wore a look of regret. "May they find comfort in the company of the gods," he said, glancing down towards where Bryce sat. And then his look turned darker. "Wellaway... We've discovered naught..."
Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 PM   #30
(Ser) Kain Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Kain's arrival was late as he'd imbibed a few more poppies than he'd meant to take once they reached Mirrormount. He'd still turned out in velvets and brocades befitting a prince's son but he wasn't dancing or throwing punches as he would usually have done. Instead he held himself apart, keeping a cup in his hand and avoiding the loud center of the court.
Closed Thread

Tags
benedar mondragon, damiata mondragon, elinor vellfyre, jacen mondragon, jason vellfyre, jayme ascalon, jeharraz zisemides, kain vellfyre, kalden vellfyre, lenore vellfyre, parissa harrowmont, rhaegar vayth, rothgar vellfyre, tyana solvitreo, valisa stone, zanara solvitreo