Edolon: Empires at War  

Go Back   Edolon: A Tournament of Shadows > The Game Board > Kingsreach > Tal Volorro

Tal Volorro The capital city, first of the Asseryan consuls and now of House Vellfyre. Tal Volorro is both a magnificent feat of Asseryan engineering and a convoluted maze of narrow streets and dark alleys that has grown rapidly and unplanned since Kadreth's War.
1M A331 GAME EVENT
Further Information . Tor Vellesca

Your Stats
Your Avatar

In The Game

Game is Rated MA, 18+

Current Events:
   ♕Royal Progress (3.17.331-????)

♕Bandit Attack (4.17.331)
The king's company is set upon along the road from Mirrormount to Moonspire...

KEY LINKS

Newest Posts

Tag Cloud

Topsites
(click if you have a moment to vote for us)

Shadowplay Topsites

Top RPG Sites

RP Lovers

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #31
(Princess) Valencia Vellfyre
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

She was not in good terms with their father and left her time with Jason just as precarious. It was the time to make amends knowing that her father might hate her less if she obeyed his last request even if it was barked at her along with his displeasure with Elinor.

"I feel like a stranger most times in my own family. I did not realize there was even a rift between Jason and father. Perhaps I was too blind with my own self pity," Valencia sighed. "If even you cannot sway Jason's mind, I doubt anyone can especially me, sister."
Old 10-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #32
(Princess) Ziamara Fairchild
demoted to extra

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"He respects my instincts, but he also heeds your logic, sister. Aunt Alianor has called us Rhyme and Reason oft enough: it's true. Make peace with Jason when he comes back- you know full well he doesn't seek strife among us. It is... We have already lost enough of our siblings." Ziamara swallowed, her lips thinned. "Now we have the little ones to set examples for. Myles is trying so hard to be thrice his own size... if Jason doesn't strangle him come winter, he might yet become the little brother he's wished for. Three and ten is such a dreadful age."
Old 10-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #33
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She listened to Ziamara's words and then studied her face. Most would smile at the sentimental moment and wish for better times, but Valencia instead asked, "And have we made peace, sister?"
Old 10-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #34
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She met her sister's eyes and nodded. "Of course. Unless you wish not to. That choice was always yours."
Old 10-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #35
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Her heart ached and she looked as if she wanted to cry but felt relief as well. Instead, a small watery smile appeared, "I wish it. Of course, I wish it and I will talk to Jason when he returns."

"His wife is just as young, is she not? Has he strangled her already?"
Old 10-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #36
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Considered it a time or two, no doubt... but last I saw and heard, he was finding himself to be fond of her. Whether knowing or by accident father picked what Jason would find least objectionable: too slight to threaten him and too impetuous to be thought guilty of scheming. And for better or worse, her youth makes her malleable: he'll be able to shape the queen he wants if he's careful. I find myself praying she doesn't fall ill and die on us. The next choice for him is probably a Solvitreo, and failing that either a girl from the border houses or the southernmost of the 'Shores." She frowned. "Or a Saherazai."
Old 10-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #37
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Only prayer might not be enough, but it would not hurt to do so either. Maybe sacrifice a few lambs to the cause for the alternative sounds almost nightmarish," she said dryly losing the opportunity to make it sound like a jest.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #38
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She laughed and nodded. "Gods, can you imagine a Mondragon for our good-sister? Or enduring a Veracora... the only one I'd have welcomed would have been Shiera." Her expression of mirth vanished at the thought of her absent friend. "And I doubt very much she would be considered now. That leaves us with her far more annoying kinswomen or one of the late Lord Saherazai's sisters..." And one of them was already conveniently at court, thanks to Winona's requested favor... Ziamara's lips thinned. Sanzia was with her, currently out of the tent with Celestia finishing their lesson with Emrello for the day. Sanzia was the most likely for a Vellfyre marriage- in her early twenties but unwed...

"Sanzia isn't so bad but I don't think we need to take a side in whatever mess is coming with the 'Shores just now," she said to her sister though her thoughts lingered elsewhere.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:30 AM   #39
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"It will shake out of the woodwork soon enough and I do hope Jason's current wife is left intact until then, but I doubt it would be any time soon. Even longer if the girl manages to get pregnant and leaves behind child before the gods took her," She said as she drank some more of the tea.

"How was father?" She asked just then going off a slight tangent.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:50 AM   #40
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"The same as he ever is. Cross with everyone and raging at Delving's disrepair and follies. The punishment of the Solvitreo girl left him in a foul mood and fouler still after he let Darres near die in a duel with Kyle's champion." She sighed. "He'll be calmed down roughly around Twelve Month, I suspect," she added dryly.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #41
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps he will find solace with a new mistress if he has not already, someone with half a mind keener than the last one," she stated recalling at some point how distracted her father managed to be by the right woman, just to have her turn out to be quite conniving. As demeaning as it might be, Charlotte could never be a woman to lower herself to being pleasant if not pleasing for a man, or rather Valencia could never imagine it.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #42
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Gods let's hope so. We were scarce out of Volorro when I had to intervene in that mess with Raisa and beg father not to behead my cousin Ryam over their trespasses... she'll be gone before he returns now. My guess is she'll be left in the 'Shores and forgotten, all because she didn't have the sense enough to avoid keeping secrets from her liege."
Old 10-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #43
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"I would say she was a clever conniver, but I doubt she was all that intelligent. I think she thought being a bubblehead would keep the interest of the king. Of all the things she could have done she decided to do the one thing our father could not forgive. Maybe she believed herself above reproach. However, perhaps I need someone like that to teach me how to capture my husband's interest. I was bebe good at playing the coquette."
Old 10-19-2015, 11:28 PM   #44
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara sighed. "Ah, sister... I don't think even coquetry is bound to work with Jarem. That one..." she frowned. "I had hoped he was simply off balance in a new court and country. I--" She stopped short and her lips thinned. "I begin to wonder at Boabdil's choice for ambassador. I'm sure he's able enough to administer Kingsport but he seems not to be very suited to counsel."
Old 10-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #45
demoted to extra

My Mood:

The frown deepened as a sigh escaped, "I am the most ill-suited wife to him, a woman who seems to be without womanly wiles. I need to figure out how to make things work with him. A plan to be hatched and perhaps work things differently. Logically, instead of emotionally."

"Maybe Boabdil just found it amusing at how ill-suited we are. It makes me wonder, was he punishing us, Jarem or both? A spy or two may be needed to keep an eye on him, infiltrate his weaknesses and some how use it to my advantage for I have a feeling a divorce will not be an opinion in our future. What would you do if you were wed to him?" She asked just then wondering if she was too close to the problem making her blinded by the most obvious solution.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:01 PM   #46
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Find him a few candidates for mistress who you can get along with." Ziamara shrugged.

"Jarem, probably," she said after a moment of thought. "What I know of Lindaraxa's court makes me suspect he didn't sit easy with his grandmother either. But... be patient. Jarem has not proven the ambassador he was promised to be. At least for now he is dealing with Kingsport and you are here so that gives some time. And you can always reside here and let him hang himself by slow degrees with his vassals and father. And your mother will return from Trimeris with word from his family... if after the child and Charlotte's tidings, you've found no immediate remedy... then find him the mistress and hope that keeps his attention."
Old 10-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #47
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Very few and far between," she replied then a brow rose. "Have you started the parade of hopefuls already?"

"Yes, you bring up good points and I was thinking that biding my time is the best way until we know more. Information before action...although finding a mistress for him that reports to me would be useful," she remarked and took another drink.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:05 PM   #48
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then find one." Ziamara shrugged. "The court is with father so the brothels of the city should be rather empty at the moment." Zee's voice betrayed her lack of concern over the matter. "If Artos had been present more often, I might've done the same. I thought of it a time or two. I suppose I might need to with Elijah but we'll see." She picked up her cup to take a sip.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:20 PM   #49
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"A gift unwrapped and waiting for my husband's return." She said as a ghost of a smile.

"A mistress for your future husband? I thought he was smitten with you? Would he even take someone else to bed once the two of you are wed?"
Old 10-20-2015, 11:17 PM   #50
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara blinked at her sister, emotion flickering across her face but quickly hidden. "What would his being smitten have to do with who he beds, sister? A man can love a woman and still fill his bed with half the realm. I imagine Elijah believes himself the kind to remain chaste and true to his wife, but I've known him since we were children. He'll have a mistress." She smiled. "And it better be one whose proximity I can stomach. I'll really give him cause for repentance if I don't like her."
Old 10-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #51
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"He does not seem the type to be able to handle more than one woman, but I could be wrong, I often seem to be wrong when it comes to judging certain people and their character," she explained and frowned. "Sister, you misunderstand me, I do not use the word smitten and love interchangeably."

She nodded, "Yes, you do know him a lot more than I, and despite his deep affection for you, he will have a mistress, but what if we are wrong. Would you start lobbing women at him?" The imagery for some reason made the corners of her mouth lift slightly.

"To pick out a mistress we can stomach is a true kindness I would imagine," it seemed to be the present, and future predicament.

"What sort of woman does he seem to prefer...besides you, my dear, for there is none like you. Light coloring, light eyes, quick to smile, easy upon the eyes?" Starting to list off physical features first, then eventually moving into the more subjective one.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #52
demoted to extra

My Mood:

Ziamara's eyes didn't light with amusement. "Elijah fell into bed with half of castle when we were younger. He's smitten with the idea of wedding into the royal family and afraid of offending Jason. If I start lobbing women at him, he'll weep in relief."

She shrugged. "There are countless blonds in the 'Reach. My cousin Carolei, any of the Hayford girls... but I suspect he isn't one to care about hair color." Her expression grew thoughtful. "Maybe Jarem is, though? That might explain his... reticence with taking his own mistress here. I'll ask Sanzia to flirt with him- her skin is darker, more Northron. That might catch his eyes."
Old 10-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #53
demoted to extra

My Mood:

She was not entirely sure if the news Ziamara shared with her about Elijah was what might have damaged their present relationship. Of course, she was terrible in figuring out emotions and why people did what they did most of the time until it had happened. It was all a puzzle in its own right, but it was difficult to decipher it when half of the pieces were still missing.

"That or he knows that a mistress here might mean he is inviting a spy into his bed. I have considered that most of his behavior is a mummery hiding someone more devious and clever, but perhaps not," she mused, but not showing a care either if he was a disguised intellect or had fluff for brains. "However, it would be worth testing our theory to see if there is interest."
Old 10-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #54
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Surely if he was disguising cleverness he'd have unveiled it by now." Zee's nose wrinkled. "There is devious and then there's delusions. He helped father in the riots but since then he's made no overtures and frankly if he is not trusted, then he might as well be ambassador to Meridiez as here."
Old 10-22-2015, 06:14 PM   #55
demoted to extra

My Mood:

With a look of speculation, Valencia replied, "Unveiled, or inadvertently revealed, but no such thing and why hide it from us. Unless he likes to be described as a waste of breath or something more nefarious."

"Agreed," she said dryly and then sighed. "So mistress it is and let me know if Sanzia manages to pique his interest when the time comes. I hope to at least soften father's disappointment of me with assisting the steward with being more efficient. Most of the spring cleaning has been completed and now it is just upkeep until everyone returns back from their progress. I have started painting again to keep me from getting too bored and allowing time to pass until this child is ready to come out." She did not include how lonely she felt since everyone was gone thinking it made her seem weak or vulnerable to admit such a thing even to her kin.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #56
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"If you've guided the new steward, he'll be pleased enough. Just make sure the cellars are stocked and the larder bursting when he returns and he'll forgive anything else." Well, almost. There wasn't the need to remind anyone of that right now.

"And if you've at least made some kind of peaceful correspondence with Kingsport, I know he'll forgive your early uncertainty about being wed. Many brides have... difficulties. The first year or so. It is an adjustment and everyone understands as much, especially when you get with child so quickly."
Old 10-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #57
demoted to extra

My Mood:

It all hung over her head, but was best left unsaid. She looked forward to and dreaded to see her father again, but knew that apologizes needed to be made and ties mended for her vulgar behavior whether it was her fault or not.

"It is a slow process, but I have sent correspondence with Kingsport that would make you proud, Zee and it sounds sincere. I read it at least seven or eight times to Elizabeth to ensure that the tone sounds genuine. I did not wish to send father a correspondence wishing to wait to see him face to face, but reports have been sent to him by the steward including my activities as well in assisting him."
Old 10-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #58
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Then you should be in the clear." She smiled. "How is Elizabeth? She's been so quiet... I'd hoped she would cheer herself without so many people around." Not that Elizabeth had ever been anything but quiet.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #59
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"When has she been anything but?" Valencia asked then frowned, "I suppose she has been quieter than usual, but I did not want to press her. I figure we are close enough for her to tell me what might be ailing her."
Old 10-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #60
demoted to extra

My Mood:

"Perhaps. Her brother is sworn to Wolfe... see she writes him? Tell him of our journey in case he doesn't know. It might be nice to see a friendly face in Blacktide."
Closed Thread

Tags
valencia vellfyre, ziamara fairchild